PDA

View Full Version : FYI on Rep.

God's Toy
April 6th, 2009, 06:46 PM
I just wanted to make sure we are all clear on the Reputation Received points system we have at MW.

As you know you can give rep to members for good, funny, well written or informative posts.

You can view your own receved rep points only in your user CP (here: User CP (http://mysteriouswisdom.com/forum/usercp.php))

If you are looking at a users post and you see the words 'Rep Power' what you are seeing is the amount of points that user can give to you in one go.
Rep Power is based on a combination of variables among which include: How long you've been registered, how many posts you have, how often your threads/posts are ranked positively and how much rep you have given out. It is not your Reputation Received points total as as I said that is in your User CP (http://mysteriouswisdom.com/forum/usercp.php)

If anyone has questions about any of this please just ask.

PS: While I'm here if you ever want to see whos on the top of the points, view the member list and click on Reputation (http://mysteriouswisdom.com/forum/memberlist.php?order=DESC&sort=reputation&pp=30)

Regards,

Peter

Narnia
April 6th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Thank you Peter, for the explanation on how the Rep Power Point System works!!

Well, I have been trying my best to pass around the love, respect and appreciation to everyone, every chance I get! he-he! :Boy_yes3:

Samael
April 7th, 2009, 11:28 AM
I have no idea what that is, but I just send it, I think.. Will look up this up a bit more :)

God's Toy
April 7th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Thank you Peter, for the explanation on how the Rep Power Point System works!!

Well, I have been trying my best to pass around the love, respect and appreciation to everyone, every chance I get! he-he! :Boy_yes3:

Yep yourself and Lorri are the two users who send the most love around this forum. :)

Narnia
April 7th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Yep yourself and Lorri are the two users who send the most love around this forum. :)

Well, it is only natural, I think .... :girl_yes3 (1): ..... :two hearts:

Kiran
April 7th, 2009, 02:23 PM
And as you know...I love to share the lurve around :) :two hearts::two hearts: Good one you too Polly :)

Stargazer
April 8th, 2009, 08:14 PM
What happens with all the points ?

And is it possible to have some kind of a notification when we do receive a Rep point ?like we get for any VM's ?

God's Toy
April 8th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Like anything regarding points, they are just there to build up, more points is more power to give, more sataus, you can share even more of the love around the forum. It's just a nice way of seeing your posts are appreciated by other members on MW.
Rewards could be set up too.

Yep notifications could be set up also but as it's not part of the software now so the code will have to be added and this means lotts of testing and bugs to sort before it's live.. it may be a while.

I'm seeing the same names use this over and over and it would be nice to see more take the time to say 'thanks' when you read a nice post...

Regards,

Narnia
April 8th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Yes, I am guilty of being rather zealous with distributing the rep points .... I like it, though it seems important at the same time! :girl_yes3 (1):

God's Toy
April 8th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Dont get me wrong Polly, it IS a good thing that you and Lorri are using it, i mean if no one was it would be disabled. lol or maybe we should give members the powers to disapprove posts too? If they dont like a post they could take points away! Mhahhahahaaaaa!!! :diablo

:signsHF:

Narnia
April 8th, 2009, 09:53 PM
I am not getting you wrong my friend! I am happy to admit I've been zealous with spreading the lurve!!

And I will :signsHF: :Hbounce

Stargazer
April 9th, 2009, 04:41 PM
If the Rep Power is based on a combination of variables among which include: How long you've been registered, how many posts you have, how often your threads/posts are ranked positively and how much rep you have given out.....

...Then Peter,how come your Rep Power is twice that of Crystallorri ,whose post count is far ahead of yours ? Is it because you have given out much more Rep points ? :scratch_one-s_head:

God's Toy
April 9th, 2009, 04:58 PM
It's something I set myself, it's part of the 'admin' profile settings. As people's rep giving powers goes up the 'admin' has to be able to give or take more as needed or when called on to do so.
This is why I dont give many out like a regular members but I do 'boost' those I feel need a helping hand or can take away if needed too.

When a member joins up they get a points for doing so, if a member becomes a mod the same thing happens, all ranks will receive points.

Also as suggested by a member, users may receive rewards for reaching targets in accumulated rep or rep power, this will be automated and so will need testing, you may see my power go up, down or sometimes off completely for and as long as testing warrens.

As the rep system is still in test the number of points given or received may change over time for all members.

A-one
April 16th, 2009, 04:49 PM
All right, thanks.. wasn't aware of rep for a while...

However I can see achieved rep, but I am totally missing the point of how to -send- rep.. or is that an administrator-task..? :blink:

Mr. Brightside
April 16th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Hey A-One, To leave rep for someone just click on the little scales in the corner of the post you want to leave rep for and if you wish you can leave a comment for them :)

A-one
April 16th, 2009, 11:11 PM
As I already stated in your rep. thanks... I finally found that scale...
Anyway, I actually did post some good reps so far.. :)
But if I'm correct I'm not able to read my sent reps. afterwards eh?
Anyway, it's a good and fun thing thing to do.. :girl_yes3 (1):

Thanks!

Rana
April 20th, 2009, 02:31 PM
thanks Peter ,ill be honest i really didnt know how to do it or for what ..so thanks for the clear explanation .. so im going to spread some love too ..:two hearts::friends: