"...what is man without the beast?
without him
we will die of lonliness."

I'll leave yoiu to interpret this in your own sphere,

peace and love,
DangerBird.

Narnia
April 3rd, 2009, 11:02 PM
Yes .... most Native American tribes are known throughout history for regarding 'Mother Earth' and all creatures with great respect .... perhaps this respect is at the very core of how they chose to live so simply ....

I agree with the late Indian Chief's statement .... not only would we die of 'loneliness' without the 'beast' .... but also the balance of all life would be in great peril if the 'beast' was not around .... we need each other in order to survive ....

Thank you for sharing DB! :Boy_yes3:

Rana
April 5th, 2009, 09:57 AM
so true of its time , the beasts they chose to nourish their bodies with ,i like how that sioux indians always acknowledged their killing of a "beast" to their great being ..and nevr took more than they needed ,and that they respected the animal they killed and its spirit..:)

Narnia
April 5th, 2009, 02:11 PM
so true of its time , the beasts they chose to nourish their bodies with ,i like how that sioux indians always acknowledged their killing of a "beast" to their great being ..and nevr took more than they needed ,and that they respected the animal they killed and its spirit..:)

Yes, I feel the same as you oceanentity .... The Mohican tribe (which were primarily in the New York State region) .... also acknowledged, honoured, respected, and thanked the spirit of the animal after the sacrifice had been made, and they too, only took what they needed ....

Kiran
April 5th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Most of the ancient peoples were the same...the aborigines, the celts, native americans etc all respected the earth and regarded everything as from one Source...and took only what was needed and replaced it with something else.
Only so-called civilised man started taking for greed and not with gratitude....so the question this leaves me with....who are the civilised ones after all?
I have my answer but how many ask the question???

userid7
April 7th, 2009, 09:20 PM
As I stated before, I think the worst move the human race ever made
was to come up with this man agaist nature idea.
Respect for all living things was the wisdom we lost somewhere, from
my own research I have found that this crime and the persecution
of the shaman (or whatever word you use) was started as they were
the ones who had the wisdom to object and fight such a foolish thing.
And from this they were called evil or insane, which is a plagerisim
to this day.
P&L,
DangerBird.

Lotus Flower
April 8th, 2009, 06:40 AM
Hi All

Just for myself I asked permission e.g in my garden to pick some flower and before each meal I give thanks before and after for what I have eaten.

I suppose its just gratitude for what I receive.

Have you ever gone into a forest and hug a tree and too feel its energy I remember watching a film a long time ago it was about some one cutting down trees and there was a person in it that had on tape these trees screaming he was took away to a padded cell.

Tale twist at the end the Doctor that signed him in was there listening to his tape.

Food for thought here where I live in Ireland was beautiful but greed has taken over where there was fields there are house and as we can see what is happening to the price off house not that I wish anything bad on people that have bought one but the wheel of life turns slowly.

Sorry if I have gone off the beaten track.

Love and Light

:two hearts::Hbounce