PDA

View Full Version : I've learned ....

Jester Black
November 17th, 2008, 05:05 PM
What is the single most important lesson you've learned in your life up till now?

I'll start.

That you are only limited by the perception of you have of yourself. That how you see yourself determines what can and cannot be accomplished. That no barrier is unscalable unless you see it as such and that the key to that perception and thus the most important thing parents teach their children is.....self respect.

Mr. Brightside
November 17th, 2008, 05:15 PM
That its not life in general that causes you problems its your interpretation and reaction to life events that causes you problems, You cannot control anything only your emotional reaction to it.

Narnia
November 17th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Perhaps, some may see me as a little too young to participate, but I have learned a few life lessons in my life.

1. Do not take your life, health, friends and family for granted.
2. All relationships require maintenance.
3. Always be careful with fire.
4. I still have a lot to learn.

God's Toy
November 17th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Tried so hard and got so far but in the end, it doesn't even matter.

Kiran
November 18th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Tried so hard and got so far but in the end, it doesn't even matter.

One of my favourite Linkin Park songs!! But very apt!

Hmm...I guess not to forget to laugh, to take some 'me' time, all is illusion, to take time to smell the roses, to remember its ok to say no sometimes.

Will no doubt have more later on....:blink:

BlueStar
November 18th, 2008, 11:28 AM
What is the single most important lesson you've learned in your life up till now?

I'll start.

That you are only limited by the perception of you have of yourself. That how you see yourself determines what can and cannot be accomplished. That no barrier is unscalable unless you see it as such and that the key to that perception and thus the most important thing parents teach their children is.....self respect.

Jay, those are just the words I needed to hear today....thank you so much. Just the shot in the arm I needed :)

I have learned a whole heap of lessons in life, I will have a think about it and post something if I get the chance later :)

God's Toy
November 18th, 2008, 06:44 PM
One of my favourite Linkin Park songs!! But very apt!

Hmm...I guess not to forget to laugh, to take some 'me' time, all is illusion, to take time to smell the roses, to remember its ok to say no sometimes.

Will no doubt have more later on....:blink:

I'm REALLY happy you got it Lorri! :clap

Is what I meant and yep I do love Linkin Park to boot. :)

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 08:23 AM
Yes one of my favourite bands too....and who said I am too old to like their music...???:thrasher: lol

SoulChild
November 19th, 2008, 06:54 PM
This is basic, but oh so true!

Treat others as you would have them treat you.

Give me the stength to not do unto him as he has unto me.

Wisdom is the flame...wisdom is the great warrior that will carry us into the sun.

If I didn't have the strength and wisdom of a warrior, I would have had to give up.

I am thankful that I, am as strong as I am, and I will continue to do the best I can.

Cooperation is the essence of success.

Give and recieve equally...in accordance with the universe.

Stargazer
November 21st, 2008, 02:21 AM
I don't know if these are the lessons i learnt but this is what i say to myself....

"People don't really want to listen my woes and sadness but if there's someone who does then i call them my soul mate :friends:"

"I try to respond to situations rather than reacting to it"....phew it's easier said than done....

"Evading my duties instills fear in me" :shok:

"It hurts the other person as bad as it hurts you"

"Every relationship expects something from you"

"No relation,nothing is constant....but change is"

"There is always an other side to a person,like the two faces of a coin"

"Believe everything trust nothing" ;)

Even so,implementing these lessons is a dilemma,every time i try to do that my Ego,individuality,selfishness comes in the way...so i still need to learn how to implement my learning's.

SoulChild
November 21st, 2008, 03:40 PM
I don't know if these are the lessons i learnt but this is what i say to myself....

"People don't really want to listen my woes and sadness but if there's someone who does then i call them my soul mate :friends:"

"I try to respond to situations rather than reacting to it"....phew it's easier said than done....

"Evading my duties instills fear in me" :shok:

"It hurts the other person as bad as it hurts you"

"Every relationship expects something from you"

"No relation,nothing is constant....but change is"

"There is always an other side to a person,like the two faces of a coin"

"Believe everything trust nothing" ;)

Even so,implementing these lessons is a dilemma,every time i try to do that my Ego,individuality,selfishness comes in the way...so i still need to learn how to implement my learning's.

I like this young man! Very good to know you have these values even though you are still working on them. and to have these values at your age...well, I am impressed! :) So, have you met your soul mate yet?

Stargazer
November 22nd, 2008, 01:40 AM
I like this young man! Very good to know you have these values even though you are still working on them. and to have these values at your age...well, I am impressed! :) So, have you met your soul mate yet?

Thank you soulchild,i've always liked you too but what's with my age? Age is just a number,you are never too young nor too old to learn :)......And no i haven't met my soul mate yet but i won't deny i am looking for one ;)

SoulChild
November 22nd, 2008, 01:43 AM
Oh, don't worry, no big deal about your age...your age is very nice! 20 is very good! lol I don't normally judge people by their age or anything...but, I do have to take it into consideration. Like I said, you seem to be a very smart and mature young man. Keep up the good work...you sure got my attention!:girl_yes3 (1):

Stargazer
November 22nd, 2008, 01:48 AM
you seem to be a very smart and mature young man. Keep up the good work...you sure got my attention!:girl_yes3 (1):

Wow thanks again ,you've made my day......i do more than gazing at the stars ;)

SoulChild
November 22nd, 2008, 01:58 AM
Wow thanks again ,you've made my day......i do more than gazing at the stars ;)

Well then, I guess you have to answer the other thread and tell us what you are good at doing? Curious minds would really like to know?:girl_yes3 (1):

Genesis
November 23rd, 2008, 01:09 PM
I find lifes most important lessons are that your never too old to learn a new one. You will never know everything, even if you tried.
Humility, simplicity, understanding and acceptance with wisdom of the Almighty is the key to living a meaningful life.

Jester Black
November 23rd, 2008, 03:39 PM
I find lifes most important lessons are that your never too old to learn a new one. You will never know everything, even if you tried.
Humility, simplicity, understanding and acceptance with wisdom of the Almighty is the key to living a meaningful life.

Jay gets up and applauds. I love it when someone gets it and gen you always seem to get it.

Narnia
November 23rd, 2008, 10:02 PM
I love visiting this thread and reading the responses, I find myself in a state of being humbled everytime.

Everyone here is so intelligent and has so much to offer! :)

Very well said to everyone!! :clap

mary
November 24th, 2008, 04:34 AM
In 29 years living on planet earth and I've learned so far:
1. Everything happens for a reason.
2. To accept my past is all that I can do
3. To be thankful for what I have

4. To keep my mouth shut when I'm angry at someone will save me a lot of trouble I'll regret later on.
5. Hope for the best of a situation, but always be prepare for the worst, and most important always have a back up plan
6. There's no such thing as perfection because its a concept due to interpretation
7. Not to try to please people, they are never satisfied
8. I cannot change anyone but me
9. I'm allow to make mistakes and not be so hard on myself if I fall sometimes
10. My faith in Jesus Christ will keep me together as it always has and always will be
Oh when I started to write I didn't know I have learned so many possitive life lessons so far, but the list of what I have to work on is longer than this one, so I hope eventually I can add some more.

Jester Black
November 24th, 2008, 10:19 PM
be true to yourself even when it hurts to do so

BlueStar
November 25th, 2008, 03:19 PM
I have learned so many lessons - sometimes very painfully - that I could probably write a whole book about them....I feel like I've lived and died a thousand times in my 29 years...but here are some of the things that I have learned.

1. The main cause for suffering in life is our continual war with reality: this shouldn't be happening, this should but isn't, it shouldn't be raining, he should treat me with more respect, the dog should be quiet, my body should be thinner/stronger/healthier/better than it is, things should be easier, people should be kinder.....this perpetual war causes nothing but suffering. Acceptance of what is is the first step to peace I have found (although that doesn't mean you don't want to change certain things - but you're still at peace with how it currently is)

2. The past and future don't exist. All that ever has and ever will exist is the present moment. I used to spend way too much time and energy in things that didn't even exist. Most people go through life out of touch with the only thing that is real, the only thing that matters - the present moment.

3. Separation is ultimately an illusion, as Einstein said 'an optical illusion of consciousness'. I try to put myself in other people's shoes, realising that at a quantum and spiritual level, they are me...a droplet of water from the same ocean enclosed in an apparently separate vessel. If I had the same experiences and level of consciousness as that person, I'd probably behave in the exact same way that they do...that helps me to understand, accept and be compassionate toward others regardless of how they are behaving.

4. Most of the time we don't think - our thoughts think us. By being more selective about my 'mental diet' and the thoughts I allow to pass through my mind, I can make myself feel happier and freer and can uplift my consciousness. Reading positive books, watching positive and uplifting films or TV and listening to beautiful music elevate my consciousness, while indulging in negative input makes me feel depressed and deflated. The choice is always mine.

5. Too many people are trying to 'get' something out of life, but true fulfilment only comes from being able to GIVE something to life, to the world and other people. We are here to give, not to get. The world owes us nothing; we owe the world.

6. I don't "have" a life...life is not something I possess...life is something I AM. I AM life expressing itself as a unit of consciousness. Words are kind of inadequate to indicate that lesson, but it was a profound shift for me.

7. 'It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness'.

8. Truth is a multi-faceted jewel...it appears in different ways to different people depending on where they are standing. One way of looking at something might work for a time, but as you move through life your perspective changes and what's 'true' might appear to be slightly different.

9. A hard lesson has been to be more tolerant of intolerance and to allow people to be what they are, even if they are choosing to behave in ways that are unpleasant. It is their choice, their path, their growth and ultimately we are only responsible for ourselves and our behaviour.

10. Developing awareness of my thoughts and emotional patterns helps to stop me from unconscious patterns of reacting. It is always better to consciously RESPOND to a situation rather than unconsciously REACT.

11. 'It adds as much suffering to the world to take offence as it does to give offence.'

12. We usually take life, others and ourselves waaay too seriously. By lightening up, life becomes much easier, smoother and more fun.

13. I spent many years thinking I was somehow 'not good enough'...and I was kind of right. Because I was identifying myself as a little ego, a mind-constructed idea of who I thought I was...and the ego will always be inadequate because it's not real. I try to always embody my higher self, or the innate unconditioned consciousness that I truly am beyond all labels and fabrications of mind.

14. In spite of what the world tells you, it's alright not to be like everyone else. Why be ordinary when you can be extraordinary??

15. Most the time we spend way too much time chasing after 'things' that we think will make us happy (possessions, better jobs, bigger cars, better relationships, more power and prestige). But if we can't be happy right here, right now, with what we've got and with who we are...we never will be. Our fixation with 'there' being better than 'here' is sad because whenever we finally do get 'there', we'll just find another 'there' that seems better than our 'here'.

16. It's all good. Even the bad stuff.

Mr. Brightside
November 25th, 2008, 03:38 PM
fantastic post Amoyan makes a lot of sense

"mental Diet" love that phrase, that's what I need to do control my mental diet.

Kiran
November 25th, 2008, 04:10 PM
I have learned so many lessons - sometimes very painfully - that I could probably write a whole book about them....I feel like I've lived and died a thousand times in my 29 years...but here are some of the things that I have learned.

1. The main cause for suffering in life is our continual war with reality: this shouldn't be happening, this should but isn't, it shouldn't be raining, he should treat me with more respect, the dog should be quiet, my body should be thinner/stronger/healthier/better than it is, things should be easier, people should be kinder.....this perpetual war causes nothing but suffering. Acceptance of what is is the first step to peace I have found (although that doesn't mean you don't want to change certain things - but you're still at peace with how it currently is)

2. The past and future don't exist. All that ever has and ever will exist is the present moment. I used to spend way too much time and energy in things that didn't even exist. Most people go through life out of touch with the only thing that is real, the only thing that matters - the present moment.

3. Separation is ultimately an illusion, as Einstein said 'an optical illusion of consciousness'. I try to put myself in other people's shoes, realising that at a quantum and spiritual level, they are me...a droplet of water from the same ocean enclosed in an apparently separate vessel. If I had the same experiences and level of consciousness as that person, I'd probably behave in the exact same way that they do...that helps me to understand, accept and be compassionate toward others regardless of how they are behaving.

4. Most of the time we don't think - our thoughts think us. By being more selective about my 'mental diet' and the thoughts I allow to pass through my mind, I can make myself feel happier and freer and can uplift my consciousness. Reading positive books, watching positive and uplifting films or TV and listening to beautiful music elevate my consciousness, while indulging in negative input makes me feel depressed and deflated. The choice is always mine.

5. Too many people are trying to 'get' something out of life, but true fulfilment only comes from being able to GIVE something to life, to the world and other people. We are here to give, not to get. The world owes us nothing; we owe the world.

6. I don't "have" a life...life is not something I possess...life is something I AM. I AM life expressing itself as a unit of consciousness. Words are kind of inadequate to indicate that lesson, but it was a profound shift for me.

7. 'It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness'.

8. Truth is a multi-faceted jewel...it appears in different ways to different people depending on where they are standing. One way of looking at something might work for a time, but as you move through life your perspective changes and what's 'true' might appear to be slightly different.

9. A hard lesson has been to be more tolerant of intolerance and to allow people to be what they are, even if they are choosing to behave in ways that are unpleasant. It is their choice, their path, their growth and ultimately we are only responsible for ourselves and our behaviour.

10. Developing awareness of my thoughts and emotional patterns helps to stop me from unconscious patterns of reacting. It is always better to consciously RESPOND to a situation rather than unconsciously REACT.

11. 'It adds as much suffering to the world to take offence as it does to give offence.'

12. We usually take life, others and ourselves waaay too seriously. By lightening up, life becomes much easier, smoother and more fun.

13. I spent many years thinking I was somehow 'not good enough'...and I was kind of right. Because I was identifying myself as a little ego, a mind-constructed idea of who I thought I was...and the ego will always be inadequate because it's not real. I try to always embody my higher self, or the innate unconditioned consciousness that I truly am beyond all labels and fabrications of mind.

14. In spite of what the world tells you, it's alright not to be like everyone else. Why be ordinary when you can be extraordinary??

15. Most the time we spend way too much time chasing after 'things' that we think will make us happy (possessions, better jobs, bigger cars, better relationships, more power and prestige). But if we can't be happy right here, right now, with what we've got and with who we are...we never will be. Our fixation with 'there' being better than 'here' is sad because whenever we finally do get 'there', we'll just find another 'there' that seems better than our 'here'.

16. It's all good. Even the bad stuff.

:arms: Just wanted to send you a hug :)

Genesis
November 25th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Alot of people find their wisdom through their own experiences, and sometimes that might be the best way to really understand it fully, but I find myself more of an observer then a participator.

I can look back at someone elses misfortune and see for myself I want to avoid it. But if wasnt for those who go through it, then I wouldnt know, so its funny how it all works out in the end.

Rana
December 4th, 2008, 01:49 PM
when you trully realise your not the asshole people lead you to percieve yourself to be ..then just be yourself !! be TRUE!

Narnia
March 31st, 2009, 04:38 PM
Life Lessons learned by Andy Rooney.

Enjoy! :)

I've learned ... That the best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person.

I've learned ... That when you're in love, it shows.

I've learned ... That just one person saying to me, 'You've made my day!' makes my day.

I've learned ... That being kind is more important than being right.

I've learned ... That you should never say no to a gift from a child.

I've learned ... That no matter how serious your life requires you to be, everyone needs a friend to act goofy with.

I've learned ... That sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand.

I've learned ... That we should be glad God doesn't give us everything we ask for.

I've learned ... That money doesn't buy class.

I've learned ... That it's those small daily happenings that make life so spectacular.

I've learned ... That under everyone's hard shell is someone who wants to be appreciated and loved.

I've learned ... That to ignore the facts does not change the facts.

I've learned ... That when you plan to get even with someone, you are only letting that person continue to hurt you.

I've learned ... That love, not time, heals all wounds.

I've learned ... That everyone you meet deserves to be greeted with a smile.

I've learned ... That no one is perfect until you fall in love with them.

I've learned ... That life is tough, but I'm tougher.

I've learned ... That opportunities are never lost; someone will take the ones you miss.

I've learned ... That when you harbor bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.

I've learned ... That one should keep his words both soft and tender, because tomorrow he may have to eat them.

I've learned ... That a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.

I've learned ... That everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it.

Shalott
March 31st, 2009, 06:24 PM
:o :good:

Well said!

Jordan
April 4th, 2009, 08:01 AM
.....but I need a life time to learn...:girl_yes3 (1):

Warm regards
Jordan

Rana
April 14th, 2009, 08:59 AM
beautiful .. and refreshing ..:thanks:

Mr. Brightside
April 14th, 2009, 10:20 AM
That everyone wants to live on top of the mountain,
but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it.
One of the greatest lessons of life

good post polly, well done :)

Shalott
April 15th, 2009, 04:46 PM
I'd like to add some things I've learned recently....

I've learned that I alone am responsible for my own happiness.

I've learned that if someone I care about says something hurtful, it's not necessarily from something I've done.

I've learned that letting go, although difficult, is necessary for personal growth.

I've also learned that guilt is an incorrect way of thinking.

I've learned that guilt can consume me and colour my daily thoughts about myself.

I've learned that I must alter my thinking to not give others the authority to make me feel inferior.

I've learned that there is a enormous difference between healthy sadness and destructive depression.

I've learned that every time I put a hummingbird feeder out for my most favourite bird, every bird out there causes me whiplash.

Lotus Flower
April 15th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Good one will keep this in mind.

Better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

I am strong and I dont need saving

:Hbounce:thanks:

Stargazer
April 15th, 2009, 06:36 PM
That when you're in love, it shows.

That being kind is more important than being right.

That under everyone's hard shell is someone who wants to be appreciated and loved.

That life is tough, but I'm tougher.

That one should keep his words both soft and tender, because tomorrow he may have to eat them.

That a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.

That everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it. [/I]
That's it...simple..:)

That no matter how serious your life requires you to be, everyone needs a friend to act goofy with.
I would like to be that goofy friend for anyone,anytime,anyday.....:friends:

Thanks for sharing Sphinx :hi:

Kiran
April 15th, 2009, 08:40 PM
I'd like to add some things I've learned recently....

I've learned that I alone am responsible for my own happiness.

I've learned that if someone I care about says something hurtful, it's not necessarily from something I've done.

I've learned that letting go, although difficult, is necessary for personal growth.

I've also learned that guilt is an incorrect way of thinking.

I've learned that guilt can consume me and colour my daily thoughts about myself.

I've learned that I must alter my thinking to not give others the authority to make me feel inferior.

I've learned that there is a enormous difference between healthy sadness and destructive depression.

I've learned that every time I put a hummingbird feeder out for my most favourite bird, every bird out there causes me whiplash.

Very true Jenn and thanks for sharing honey :)

Jester Black
April 15th, 2009, 10:52 PM
that the questions matter more than the answers

Narnia
April 15th, 2009, 11:28 PM
*Forum Moderator Mode* Don't mind me .... I'm just merging like with like .... please carry on!

One thing I've learned ... is to not get :mad: at the :computer when it says ... 'Server cannot be found' while in the midst of doing something ... :blink: ... :Eeksign: ... :censored: ... :dash1

:girl_yes3 (1):

Shalott
April 16th, 2009, 05:26 PM
I've learned that a friend who only calls to cry on your shoulder and then end the call when she's done is not truly a friend.

I've learned Caller ID is the most cheapest form of sanity money can buy.

*sighs*

Narnia
April 16th, 2009, 05:38 PM
1. I have learned: It is better to admit not to know something than it is pretending to know something and looking like a fool.

Narnia
April 23rd, 2009, 08:21 PM
TIME GETS BETTER WITH AGE.

Enjoy! :)

At Age 5: I've learned ... that I like my teacher because she cries when we sing "Silent Night".

At Age 7: I've learned ... that our dog doesn't want to eat my broccoli either.

At Age 9: I've learned ... that when I wave to people in the country, they stop what they are doing and wave back.

At Age 12: I've learned ... that just when I get my room the way I like it, Mom makes me clean it up again.

At Age 14: I've learned ... that if you want to cheer yourself up, you should try cheering someone else up.

At Age 15: I've learned ... that although it's hard to admit it, I'm secretly glad my parents are strict with me.

At Age 24: I've learned ... that silent company is often more healing than words of advice.

At Age 26: I've learned ... that brushing my child's hair is one of life's great pleasures.

At Age 29: I've learned ... that wherever I go, the world's worst drivers have followed me there.

At Age 30: I've learned ... that if someone says something unkind about me, I must live so that no one will believe it.

At Age 42: I've learned ... that there are people who love you dearly but just don't know how to show it.

At Age 44: I've learned ... that you can make some one's day by simply sending them a little note.

At Age 46: I've learned ... that the greater a person's sense of guilt, the greater his or her need to cast blame on others.

At Age 47: I've learned ... that children and grandparents are natural allies.

At Age 48: I've learned ... that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

At Age 49: I've learned ... that singing "Amazing Grace" can lift my spirits for hours.

At Age 50: I've learned ... that motel mattresses are better on the side away from the phone.

At Age 51: I've learned ... that you can tell a lot about a man by the way he handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.

At Age 52: I've learned ... that keeping a vegetable garden is worth a medicine cabinet full of pills.

At Age 53: I've learned ... that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you miss them terribly after they die.

At Age 58: I've learned ... that making a living is not the same thing as making a life.

At Age 61: I've learned ... that if you want to do something positive for your children, work to improve your marriage.

At Age 62: I've learned ... that life sometimes gives you a second chance.

At Age 64: I've learned ... that you shouldn't go through life with a catchers mitt on both hands. You need to be able to throw something back.

At Age 65: I've learned ... that if you pursue happiness, it will elude you. But if you focus on your family, the needs of others, your work, meeting new people, and doing the very best you can, happiness will find you.

At Age 66: I've learned ... that whenever I decide something with kindness, I usually make the right decision.

At Age 72: I've learned ... that everyone can use a prayer.

At Age 82: I've learned ... that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one.

At Age 90: I've learned ... that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love that human touch-holding hands, a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back.

At Age 92: I've learned ... that I still have a lot to learn.

*And, who knows what other wisdom's are gained if you live to the ripe ol' age 140!* :)

planetlove
April 25th, 2009, 02:15 AM
To date I have learnt...

That everything is ENERGY at different frequencies

There is more LIGHT in the dark that you will every know about.....

That there is much more than the eye see's ....

The world before us is not what it seems.....

"Love connects everything together"...

There is more about the self that u learn about everyday...

Pay attention...
there are more clues about your existence right in front of you than you think...

V

Logio
April 25th, 2009, 04:14 AM
The Linkin Park song that I have been in touch with is 'Breaking The Habit'

I don't really know if it is a positive song, but when I first listened to the song, I was a bit uplifted. I hope it is about a new perspective on life...even it is a deep lesson learned about life. I hope the dude is breaking the habit of self-mutilation...or not contemplating hari cari....I hope I don't offend any L.P. fans by my lack of understanding of the lyrics.

'Breaking The Habit'

Memories consume
Like opening the wound
I'm picking me apart again
You all assume
I'm safe here in my room
(unless I try to start again)

I don't want to be the one
The battles always choose
Cause inside I realize
That I'm the one confused

I don't know what's worth fighting for
Or why I have to scream
I don't know why I instigate
And say what I don't mean
I don't know how I got this way
I know it's not alright
So I'm
Breaking the habit
Tonight

Clutching my cure
I tightly lock the door
I try to catch my breath again
I hurt much more
Than anytime before
I had no options left again

I'll paint it on the walls
Cause I'm the one at fault
I'll never fight again
And this is how it ends

I don't know what's worth fighting for
Or why I have to scream
But now I have some clarity
To show you what I mean
I don't know how I got this
I'll never be alright
So I'm
Breaking the habit
Breaking the habit
Tonight

I don't really know if it is a positive song, but when I first listened to the song, I was a bit uplifted. I hope it is about a new perspective on life...even it is a deep lesson learned about life. I hope the dude is breaking the habit of self-mutilation...or not contemplating hari cari....I hope I don't offend any L.P. fans by my lack of understanding of the lyrics.

Regards,

Nate

Lion Spirit Walker
April 25th, 2009, 05:23 AM
When I read the initial post in this thread, it blew me away. I, for a moment thought the task impossible. A lifetime of wisdom narrowed down to a single point. And just as suddenly it all became clear. I find this challenge to be a very wise one. Well done Jester.

The greatest lesson of my lifetime was in discovering we are ALL born with the Universal Key with which All things become possible. For such is our Universe. And we are All Universal Beings.

Once again, my compliments Jester.

BlueStar
June 13th, 2009, 02:52 PM
You know, recently i've come to feel that the real key to life isn't so much learning as it is UNLEARNING.....by that, I mean unlearning all that we've been programmed to believe about how the world works, what we 'should' or 'shouldn't' be or do, how we 'ought' to conform and live our lives. I believe that in our natural state, our true innermost essence shines out - there's nothing we need to add to ourselves, no knowledge or lessons in order to BE that which we already are. It's more a case of stripping away the layers of sediment that obscure our true light. So, to me, unlearning is actually more powerful at the moment. Clearing the dross, questioning the programming and allowing our True Nature to radiate...

Narnia
October 7th, 2010, 04:57 PM
An intentional hiatus can be a good thing .... :)

Lotus Flower
October 8th, 2010, 10:13 AM
I have learned with age comes wisdom and all our answers are inside of who we are and what path we should take.

I was caught up with listening to the rights and wrongs paths I should take people views not mine.

Met up with Pagan friends last week and as I sat there and listen their believes and mine where total different came home and listen to me.

For I know who I am for the spirit inside me knows my purpose and I have come home to self,

Bless be love and light be thine known self be true.:two hearts:

Narnia
October 8th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Hey Lotus Flower!! What a pleasure to see you again .... and yes the answers are always within us!!

Big hugs!! :giveheart