PDA

View Full Version : Meet the maker

userid7
March 30th, 2009, 05:26 PM
OK,
Beleive or not, supposing you met your maker, what would you say?

I'm still trying to think on this one,

Peace and Love,
DangerBird.:thanks:

Narnia
March 30th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Excellent, excellent thread topic DB! :)

*Hm?* .... my instinct tells me I would be inclined to ask two questions and those would be ....

1. Where am I?

2. What's next?

please note my post is subject to change .....

God's Toy
March 31st, 2009, 06:27 AM
Why?

Rana
March 31st, 2009, 08:11 AM
... geez this would be huge ..

tell me what is your take is on religeon ? are you one God who operates for all religeons or is there really one ?
if you have the power why is that you cant stop murders,childabuse,hunger and extreme poverty ( i understand karma but ive wondered about the extremes)

.. thats all for now ..:Boy_yes3:

Kiran
March 31st, 2009, 08:49 AM
Hmm...I guess there would be two sides to me...the one that would be totally awestruck and wanting to see angels and ask so many of the important questions like what does it all mean?....
and then my human petulant side which would want to know why an omnipotent being could allow so much pain and suffering...what have you been doing all this time? Its not like the biblical times where you went around smiting enemies etc.
Good question Dangerbird!!! No - excellent question!!!:two hearts:

Narnia
March 31st, 2009, 01:20 PM
*Hm?* I can't tell you how much I just love this topic, it stirs the gray matter, for sure!!

.... I think I would do the same as Lorri .... I would be caught in a trance of total awe .... *think to myself* .... this is a great being in front of me and I must be respectful and yet speak my mind as well ....

.... And then I would come to terms with my surroundings and with the very 'being' in front of me .... My inner self telling me don't be selfish ....

.... I would then proceed .... to break the ice and maybe find some common ground ....

1. Coffee? How about some coffee?

2. How are you today?

3. Who are you?

4. Am I totally 100% free now?

5. May I ask you, can you please explain yourself about what just happened? (meaning everything on Earth)

*Hm?*

God's Toy
March 31st, 2009, 01:21 PM
I would say free will is the answer to a lot of the questions you may have.
simple fact is we have to learn and this my friends is school .

Lets say you are 2 years old once more and another child comes up and takes your toy away, how do you feel? you whole world has just falling in on you and you think life is the sukes, you ask 'why me', why did this bad thing happen?. Your mother at this point knows you simply have to grow and learn so one day you can understand this yourself why things are the way they are. God wants you to learn how to play nice but with us having free will its going to take us a long time as the 'children' we are now before we grow up .

This is why we see pain and suffering all around as we all need to grow and learn, to make things right.

Narnia
March 31st, 2009, 01:39 PM
I agree with you GT, on all counts! Nicely stated! :)

Kiran
March 31st, 2009, 02:19 PM
While I agree with some sentiments GT...others I don't agree with. I agree we're all on a learning curve but then again...would suffering all be about lessons?? Would the person who has been habitually abused have asked to learn a lesson from it? Hmm...I don't think they would quite see it that way and yes while I agree about free will....does free will cause someone to be beaten up because their lifestyle does not meet the criteria of someone else's?
Hmmm.....like I said....its a big question and not one any of us could answer with any haste. Thats kinda why I said about my human frailty...being my passion is about injustice and the incivility we are capacble of displaying towards eachother....
Sorry didn't mean to rant there folks...just you know me well Peter :)
HUGS and sorry for any verbal bruising there :two hearts:

Next time just tell me to shut up and whatever.....;) I am only human ;)

Narnia
March 31st, 2009, 02:33 PM
....Would the person who has been habitually abused have asked to learn a lesson from it?....

Hm? that is an excellent point dear Lorri!

Sorry didn't mean to rant there folks...just you know me well Peter :) HUGS and sorry for any verbal bruising there :two hearts:

Next time just tell me to shut up and whatever.....;) I am only human ;)

I don't think you were ranting and or being verbally bruising ....

You're just saying your peace and you brought up some very valid points .... :two hearts:

*Hm?* lots to think about ... I love it!

Kiran
March 31st, 2009, 03:50 PM
Thanks Sphinx :)

God's Toy
March 31st, 2009, 05:01 PM
I don't think its God's place to change the world just because we mess things up while we are here no matter what we do.
We cant simply blame God for bad things when we are the one who bring them on. 'He' wont change things as what do we learn from that if 'he' did? What would we learn if we knew things could be 'right' if we only asked? We need to learn yes but it's going to take time, a long time and I am sorry to say people will suffer until we do.

With suffering and hate in some brings compassion and goodness out of others, we see hate but we share love, life takes a dump on our world but we do our best to be good people, we learn and grow. That is why we are here. God Simply won't do anything as that is messing with the one true gift of this life, free will.

Jester Black
March 31st, 2009, 06:00 PM
I did and I asked no questions. There are no questions to ask when you realize the scope of the creation. There's no way to come to grips with it long enough to even formulate the questions you would ask. It also becomes painfully obvious that in the grand scheme of things, your questions mean nothing. None of this ever was or ever will be "about us".

Those questions arent for the maker, they are for ourselves to answer. Thats the whole point of our existence...to evolve based on how we see ourselves and our place in the universe. And when you see it that way, you begin to realize that its really the other way around....its not so much for us to question, but to be questioned.

Shalott
March 31st, 2009, 06:14 PM
OK,

Peace and Love,
DangerBird.:thanks:

"Hmmm... I was waterskiing just a second ago...."

Seriously, I'd probably ask Him why some people get more trials than others.

Narnia
April 4th, 2009, 02:12 PM
I did and I asked no questions. There are no questions to ask when you realize the scope of the creation. There's no way to come to grips with it long enough to even formulate the questions you would ask. It also becomes painfully obvious that in the grand scheme of things, your questions mean nothing. None of this ever was or ever will be "about us".

Those questions arent for the maker, they are for ourselves to answer. Thats the whole point of our existence...to evolve based on how we see ourselves and our place in the universe. And when you see it that way, you begin to realize that its really the other way around....its not so much for us to question, but to be questioned.

For the last few days I have been thinking and reflecting on this statement of yours dear Jay .... it was like a drop of ink sinking into a sheet of parchment .... and I realized when it could sink no more .... this makes sense to me .... *hm?* .... or should I say .... these words resonate with my inner core .... like a tiny silver bell ringing in the admist of a dead world .... it was loud and clear .... it seems, to me, what you have said .... this is how it would be .... and I like that.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! :Boy_yes3:

Narnia
April 4th, 2009, 03:18 PM
... *Hm?* .... Just some additional pondering here ...

Do you suppose it stands to reason that, for when it comes time to .... 'Meet the Maker' .... it is different for everyone?

Say perhaps, it is true for one not to have the need for any questions and it is equally true for another to have the need for questions .... when finally faced with the 'Maker' ....

Perhaps it depends on the level of enlightenment in which each individual spirit has reached and or the current position which they stand, when it comes time to 'Meeting the Maker' .....

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking .... about all the possibilities .... which seem to be countless .... I'm just in lurve with this topic ... Girl_in_love .... because I think every contribution in this thread applies ....

*Hm?* .... I could see myself thinking to myself, at that moment ... when faced with the 'Maker' .... 'This is correct'.

Jester Black
April 4th, 2009, 03:39 PM
... *Hm?* .... Just some additional pondering here ...

Do you suppose it stands to reason that, for when it comes time to .... 'Meet the Maker' .... it is different for everyone?

Say perhaps, it is true for one not to have the need for any questions and it is equally true for another to have the need for questions .... when finally faced with the 'Maker' ....

Perhaps it depends on the level of enlightenment in which each individual spirit has reached and or the current position which they stand, when it comes time to 'Meeting the Maker' .....

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking .... about all the possibilities .... which seem to be countless .... I'm just in lurve with this topic ... Girl_in_love .... because I think every contribution in this thread applies ....

*Hm?* .... I could see myself thinking to myself, at that moment ... when faced with the 'Maker' .... 'This is correct'.

Well Polly, supposing I told you that in the greater scheme of things, ones "need" is really an illusion dictated by our limited view of the workings of the universe and that we exist solely to fullfill a need of the creation? What would your questions be then? I bet they change drastically, wouldnt they?

Kiran
April 4th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Well Polly, supposing I told you that in the greater scheme of things, ones "need" is really an illusion dictated by our limited view of the workings of the universe and that we exist solely to fullfill a need of the creation? What would your questions be then? I bet they change drastically, wouldnt they?

I think that all our questions would change Jester!! Well put!!

Narnia
April 4th, 2009, 04:05 PM
.... ones "need" is really an illusion dictated by our limited view of the workings of the universe ....

I have often believed that this .... 'reality' .... we live in is only an 'illusion' .... and that the 'illusion' is the 'reality' ....

... What would your questions be then? I bet they change drastically, wouldnt they? ....

I would not be surprised if that is the case .... or if any questions would arise .... :Boy_yes3:

:thanks: Jay for your comments!

Lotus Flower
April 4th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Hi Pal

Home at last and can't wait to meet up with my friends and family that have passed over.

This is my last journey and I am not coming back.

I would not ask why about what happen on my journey because it has taught me so many lesson.

My quote at the moment is thy will be done have to go through what life is throwing at me at present and I will reflect when I come out the other end whether is this side or on the other side what will be will be:signsHF::two hearts:.

userid7
April 6th, 2009, 02:37 AM
"I did and I asked no questions. There are no questions to ask when you realize the scope of the creation. There's no way to come to grips with it long enough to even formulate the questions you would ask. It also becomes painfully obvious that in the grand scheme of things, your questions mean nothing. None of this ever was or ever will be "about us".

posted by Jester Black..

Thanks for the thoughts, It kinda shed's light upon my imagining of so
much to say, to taking 2 days to formulate a question,blankness...maybe I would
remain silent aside from my constant dogging myself for a question,
what I thought though is perhaps," can you tell me why you made me?"
and yes Jester that may be a question more for myself.
Peace and Love,
DangerBird.

userid7
April 6th, 2009, 02:51 AM
did and I asked no questions. There are no questions to ask when you realize the scope of the creation. There's no way to come to grips with it long enough to even formulate the questions you would ask. It also becomes painfully obvious that in the grand scheme of things, your questions mean nothing. None of this ever was or ever will be "about us".
Posted by Jester Black.

Thank for that input, it may explain my expected hundreds of questions
to a blank for days wondering what I could say,
What I am thinking right now, is a question perhaps more for myself,
and that is,
Could I stand straight and strong and say Thankyou for granting me life.

Peace and Love,
DangerBird:thanks:

woops ....double post - may as well leave then both on,kinda reflects my inner confusion somehow:)
D.B.

userid7
April 18th, 2009, 03:10 AM
About the free will and the suffering, as limited as my human mind can see
if we were "not allowed" to make mistakes we would not have freedom,
and these mistakes can lead to suffering,
I am reminded that I had to decide weather to let my cat Eddie(Yoda),
come and go in and outdoors,I decided that his freedom was worth the
risk of the dangers outdoors, we had fifteen good years togeather,
and he came to be my best friend who taught me alot more than say,
my years in school could touch.:yourock:
One day I found him dead on the lawn, and even in my sorrow I thought
again of my decision and knew I had made the right one.
Peace and Love,
and a special hug to my friend Yoda :)
DangerBird.

brother
October 9th, 2009, 03:16 AM
OK,

"so umm... where exactly do I get to trade this in for a newer model? I'd like more options this time."
:superman::laugh:

Lion Spirit Walker
October 9th, 2009, 03:26 AM
Follow me...