PDA

View Full Version : What is your spiritual belief?

Kiran
March 21st, 2009, 12:25 PM
Quiz: What's Your Spiritual Type?

http://www.beliefnet.com/section/quiz/index.asp?surveyID=27

You scored 58, on a scale of 25 to 100. Here's how to interpret your score:

50 - 59
Spiritual Straddler � One foot in traditional religion, one foot in free-form spirituality

Narnia
March 21st, 2009, 12:49 PM
It's funny that you should post something from Beliefnet.com? Because just a couple days ago, I took the Belief-O-Matic, just to see if any of my previous results changed at all ....

Anyway, here are my results ....

50 - 59. Spiritual Straddler: One foot in traditional religion, one foot in free-form spirituality.

Kiran
March 21st, 2009, 12:51 PM
Hmm...I was interested in that one as I have a feeling that may be a popular answer...:) But I may be wrong...? Be interesting to see what everyone else gets ;)

God's Toy
March 21st, 2009, 01:52 PM
60 Old-fashioned Seeker -- Happy with my religion but searching for the right expression of it

Maybe? Is Buddhism 'Old-fashioned' ? Many questions were pointless to me but it's all fun right?

Kiran
March 21st, 2009, 02:04 PM
60 Old-fashioned Seeker -- Happy with my religion but searching for the right expression of it

Maybe? Is Buddhism 'Old-fashioned' ? Many questions were pointless to me but it's all fun right?

No surprises there then Peter??? ;)

Narnia
March 21st, 2009, 02:38 PM
.... Is Buddhism 'Old-fashioned' ? ....

Yes, Buddhism is 'Old-Fashioned' and not in the sense of being 'out-dated', but as you know, many consider it to be more of a way of life rather than a religion ....

Mr. Brightside
March 21st, 2009, 08:57 PM
63 - Old-fashioned Seeker -- Happy with my religion but searching for the right expression of it.

Jordan
March 22nd, 2009, 09:26 PM
63 - Old-fashioned Seeker -- Happy with my religion but searching for the right expression of it.

66 - :drinks

Logio
March 23rd, 2009, 05:59 AM
50 - 59
Spiritual Straddler ? One foot in traditional religion, one foot in free-form spirituality

I am surprised most people here, whom I thought would be more spiritual, come close to Spiritual Straddler - but I guess that comes from being more spiritual than religious. Perhaps it is a clue to a small Enigma of mine - that it's okay to be both a skeptic and spiritual individual...or else, perhaps just the same kind of people being here causes that phenomenon. Or this quiz is biased against religions not practicing monotheism e.g. Buddhism.
Regardless, I am a bit more satisfied by having like thinkers here, such as myself. :) :yourock:

Regards,

Nathan

Kiran
March 23rd, 2009, 09:14 AM
50 - 59
Spiritual Straddler ? One foot in traditional religion, one foot in free-form spirituality

I am surprised most people here, whom I thought would be more spiritual, come close to Spiritual Straddler - but I guess that comes from being more spiritual than religious. Perhaps it is a clue to a small Enigma of mine - that it's okay to be both a skeptic and spiritual individual...or else, perhaps just the same kind of people being here causes that phenomenon. Or this quiz is biased against religions not practicing monotheism e.g. Buddhism.
Regardless, I am a bit more satisfied by having like thinkers here, such as myself. :) :yourock:

Regards,

Nathan

Nathan I have to agree with you there honey :) Of course its ok to be a skeptic and spiritual person at the same time....:girl_yes3 (1):

BlueStar
March 23rd, 2009, 05:58 PM
I just can't answer that quiz, and I did try. Couldn't even do question 1, as I didn't know how to answer. I do believe in a Creative Life Force - that which animates matter with consciousness, I prefer to call it Tao (but really words are empty - the moment you slap a name on it you've already distanced yourself from i')...I guess you could kind of say that was 'God', but I don't use the term and definitely don't believe in the Abrahamic depiction of a cantankerous old man sitting in a throne. Does that mean I don't believe in God? Or that I just believe in a different kind of God, one I don't even like to call 'God'?

Similarly, question two, the foremost issue for me of spirituality is really becoming fully self-realised (or realising the Divine aspect of myself). I guess I could have selected 'a personal relationship with God', but that to me implies duality...

Either the quiz is quite rooted in orthodox Western-based spirituality and I'm more into nondual Eastern approaches...or I'm a total spiritual anarchist who's totally off the map! :Eeksign: I guess either is cool with me lol :hi:

SoulChild
March 23rd, 2009, 07:48 PM
60 - 69
Old-fashioned Seeker -- Happy with my religion but searching for the right expression of it

I wouldn't say I was searching for the right expression of it....but, whatever....

Lotus Flower
April 4th, 2009, 04:57 PM
70 - 79
Questioning Believer � You have doubts about the particulars but not the Big Stuff

Genesis
April 4th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Confident Believer - You have little doubt you found the right path.

Very true.

Shalott
April 4th, 2009, 10:56 PM
There were a few questions where I wished there was an "all of the above" option LOL and some were not dead on what I believed so picked what I felt was closest, even if I felt it couldn't be further from what I feel.

That said, my results:

70 - 79
Questioning Believer - You have doubts about the particulars but not the Big Stuff

Jester Black
April 5th, 2009, 12:28 AM
well I scored 48

40 - 49
Active Spiritual Seeker � Spiritual but turned off by organized religion

which is somewhat true. but i found the quiz didnt come close to even touching the way I think or feel

Rana
April 5th, 2009, 08:15 AM
i scored 67 (Old-fashioned Seeker -- Happy with my religion but searching for the right expression of it)

Kiran
April 5th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Like I said before...these are just for fun and yes, they often are ambiguous in thier replies/suggestions....
I guess we all know where we stand and sometimes things like these may just give a pointer if it is needed.

Stargazer
April 5th, 2009, 04:44 PM
:monkey:90 - 100 Candidate for Clergy :laugh:

No....my actual result was
40 - 49 Active Spiritual Seeker ,Spiritual but turned off by organized religion which is spot on :Boy_yes3: