PDA

View Full Version : Musings 12th March 09

Kiran
March 12th, 2009, 02:34 PM
~Name one thing you would change in the world and why?

War! Brings all the negatives with it...death, disease, bigger egos, destruction, homelessness etc.

~What brings you the greatest happiness and why?

My friends and family because of the fact that I can truly be myself with them and love them so much for that.

~Do you think there is life elsewhere in the Universe?

Be very egotistical of humans to think that we were the only ones!!

~Are you superstitious?

Not really.

~What gives you a sense of pride?

Realising that I am not to old to learn new things and that I am a good friend...I think ;)

Logio
March 13th, 2009, 04:00 AM

No suffering.

Just living day to day with my partner.

I think the chances are as great as mold living somewhere in a dark and deep place. j/k. Seriously, I believe that there is a balance in nature...and that the universe probably allows for life elsewhere. The Universe is a rather large place: even if the chance of our existing is 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 percent, the astronomical size of the universe tips the balance of probability toward more probable than is not.

~Are you superstitious?

...just a bit, but I know that it is just me and not reality...just Post Hoc fallacy.

Being civil and kind to my other human beings.

Samael
March 13th, 2009, 05:56 AM

I would encourage people to think a bit more about their actions and that would be all that I think is needed for perfect world.

War! Brings all the negatives with it...death, disease, bigger egos, destruction, homelessness etc.

This is interesting, but I can't say that I agree.. War, in a way is consequence and people will always find some reason, no matter how stupid to go to war.

I'm a very happy person by nature, so I don't really know. Anything, I guess it depends from situation. Sometimes its just a dinner and a movie and sometimes its good news friend told me.

Yes, I think statistics are on our side on this one :) Will we ever meet them or see them or contact them in any way ? Maybe, but its all down to what kind of this life is.. Is it pure energy, are we in any way similar, are they just bacterias or something, so I have to say that I think its hard likely that we will meet aliens any time soon, but I think they are out there for sure.

~Are you superstitious?

No.

When I finish doing something I think is important to me.

@ everyone : Sorry for my bag English, I'm a bit wooozzzyyy at the moment, have been studying all night :)

Narnia
March 13th, 2009, 12:35 PM

The one word that really gets under my skin is HATE!

It has created an attitude which has subsequently spawned so much of the world's pain, anger, distrust, misunderstanding, disrespect, disdain, fear, ignorance, contempt, indignation, arrogance, stupidity, etc, .... all those ugly and nasty qualities in humans that continue to be nartured and it has become an infestation to the world which so many are plagued by ....

*Hm, I have more thoughts on this, but the words are not coming to me quite just yet, so I'll do a 'later edit' at some point*

My alone time .... because I am being myself with me.

And listening to ENIGMA, because it's part of my alone time, I seem to find myself in a state of a rapturous reverie that can never be fully explained with words ....

Absolutely without question .... it's totally logical and even though the Universe seems so enigmatic half the time, it does have a logic.

~Are you superstitious?

Funny, it's Friday the 13th as I answer this .... and my answer is .... no, really I am not.

Dreaming up an idea and making it a reality.

Samael
March 13th, 2009, 12:49 PM
~Are you superstitious?

Funny, it's Friday the 13th as I answer this .... and my answer is .... no, really I am not.

Its so cool you noticed that :) I just came home, very tired, so I'll probably see a scary movie :) Thank you for the inspiration :) :two hearts:

Mr. Brightside
March 13th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Name one thing you would change in the world and why?

Mans reliance on Oil, It is the cause of so many wars, so much greed and envy in the world

My grandaughter, If there are angels walking amongst us she is definatley one, she was born when I was going through a very point in my life and her spirit, humour and smile have brightened up my life ever since.

I would like to hope so, There must be something out there.

~Are you superstitious?

Not as much as the people around me but I am a bit. I worked with a lad who was very superstitious, He would only go out of an house the same way he came in, Hated friday 13 and used to throw salt around the place

My family

God's Toy
March 13th, 2009, 05:58 PM

Man, for something so barely aware of its own existence should be helped to evolved.

Man, evolving and learning each and every day.

With a universe so vast and never ending how could there not be?

~Are you superstitious?

no, for fun maybe, sometimes.

Seeing people use and enjoying www.mysteriouswisdom.com/forum (http://www.mysteriouswisdom.com/forum)

Stargazer
March 14th, 2009, 12:52 PM
*Name one thing you would change in the world and why?
Well let me not shoot off the lip here....i might sound very Radical in thought :pardon:

*What brings you the greatest happiness and why?
Don't know !....Why ? because i am yet to experience anything like a 'Greatest Happiness'.

*Do you think there is life elsewhere in the Universe?
Yes......anyone with the very basic knowledge of our universe will agree with my answer.

*Are you superstitious?
No

*What gives you a sense of pride?
My Integrity :)

Narnia
March 14th, 2009, 01:18 PM

My friends and family because of the fact that I can truly be myself with them and love them so much for that.

Just living day to day with my partner.

I'm a very happy person by nature, so I don't really know. Anything, I guess it depends from situation. Sometimes its just a dinner and a movie and sometimes its good news friend told me.

My grandaughter, If there are angels walking amongst us she is definatley one, she was born when I was going through a very point in my life and her spirit, humour and smile have brightened up my life ever since.

Man, evolving and learning each and every day.

*What brings you the greatest happiness and why?
Don't know !....Why ? because i am yet to experience anything like a 'Greatest Happiness'.

I simply love all these responses because they are so definitive to each of you! :two hearts:

SoulChild
March 14th, 2009, 02:28 PM

Hunger! There is plenty of food, plenty of grains on the planet for all of us to eat. Greed is definitely a problem...I don't see how we allow humans to starve.

Music because it allows my mind to travel far into space. Allow my thoughts to leave this atmosphere...this level of material thinking....It allows me to actually use my imagination....dream....visualize....

Be very egotistical of humans to think that we were the only ones!!

~Are you superstitious?

No

Being of a healthy seed. My family is small, but healthy and beautiful and I am proud to be who I am.

BlueStar
March 14th, 2009, 03:18 PM

The basic lack of compassion man has for his fellow man. I think that's at the root of all our problems. We confine our affection to a few people closest to us and the rest of the human race we reduce to mere labels, thereby negating and often dehumanising them. When will we realise that....we all have the same parents?

Those fleeting moments when I manage to still my mind, disengage from the perpetual choke of thoughts, beliefs and judgements...a spontaneous natural JOY seems to arise in that state and everything just sparkles.

Someone recently joked: "the greatest proof that there's intelligent life out there is that they haven't tried to contact us."

But yeah, I think the universe is teeming with life; in fact i think the universe itself is alive.

~Are you superstitious?

Not really, but that said there are some things I'd just never do, such as walking under a ladder! Why invite trouble?

I dunno, I don't tend to reflect on pride very much...I guess I'm proud that in spite of all the things that life has thrown at me I keep on keeping on and have used the bad stuff to grow and awaken rather than become bitter.[/QUOTE]

Genesis
March 14th, 2009, 09:29 PM
The sense of Greed people can acquire. Greed can shape a greast many problems.

MY time alone. I know it might sound a bit odd, but when I have time to reflect, then reasons for life and appreciation can surge more fully. In other words, I can hear my thoughts.

There might be, but I think people can be too preoccupied with the thought. IMHO, we should try and see what we got right here on earth an try to improve it.

~Are you superstitious?
Nope. Supersticion usually stems from the idea of spiritism, of the belief of ghosts, and people who pass onto different realms, and I don't believe the conventional way many do.

Depends. Sometimes my art, sometimes my personality. Sometimes how I handle things I didn't think I could handle. Many various things.

little bird
March 18th, 2009, 02:54 PM
I always loved these and have been known to offer a few too so I may do that again soon. In the meantime, here are my answers to the current questions

I'll name 2 - war and hunger. Both I feel are equally problematic for the world and I feel if both were solved, would have massive knock on effects to many other things.

My family - namely Peter and Seryn but also my parents, siblings and best friends. Without them, there is nothing!

Without a doubt! It's what I have always believed.

~Are you superstitious?

Not really but I have been known to follow a few things out of fear that they may be true. But deep down, I don't think there is anything to superstitions except the need to instill fear in us. And that is never a good thing.

Seeing how wonderful my daughter is growing up and all her achievements. Just knowing that I helped make that tiny person and see the fruit of her labours to grow and evolve while remaining a beautiful and happy child makes me eternally proud!

patrik.
March 18th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Fear. There are just so many dark actions that develops from fear.

As already mentioned, to be close to my family and friends ... also when I have those days when I look at the world with a child's eyes.

Of course I do.

~Are you superstitious?
Not at all.

When I make a great dinner, when I create music, when I look at stuff I designed some time ago and still get the feeling that "wow, it really looks good" ... to mention a few things.

Jester Black
March 18th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Apathy. In my eyes there is no greater communal sin than apathy and in the end, the stagnation that grows from it will be what will spell the end of humanity.

When life "clicks" in a yound persons head, Hope springs renewed

Yes I do, but unless someone out there has found a way to circumvent the laws of physics, theres virtually no chance we will ever find it

~Are you superstitious?
No...I mean, wth, Ive already tasted death. What do I have to be superstitious about

Watching my boys become the men they've become. Ive come to a point in my life when it dawns on me, that in the end...thats all that matters