PDA

View Full Version : MW Book Club!!

Mr. Brightside
March 9th, 2009, 04:50 PM
I was going to put this Book on ebay put thought it would be better appreciated by the people on this site. I have read it and a few more of his books and they are very good.

Introduction to Buddhism: An Explanation of the Buddhist Way of Life

by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelsang_Gyatso)

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/4/2/4/1/4/1/webimg/238891617_o.jpg

Anyone wishes to know what the practice in Buddhism is really about, should read this book. Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, is a fully ordained Buddhist monk and teacher from Tibet. I believe he has written about 19 books from the introduction, to actual practices from the Sutra to the Tantra. This is not some MGM or Tourist version, but the real thing. The text is clear with great examples and the constant message is to practice gaining a happy and content mind for oneself as others. It also provides the same teaching as the Buddhist monks in Tibet receive over many years and Geshe Kelsang has managed to present an introduction to these teachings in a language that we can understand, without having a degree in philosophy.

If you really want a realistic introduction to Buddhism than this book is a must read.

If anybody wants it let me know

All you pay is minimum postage and packing charges (by Paypal prefrably) to wherever you are in the world.

BlueStar
March 11th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Sounds like a great book, I might check out that and his other works. I have a strong affinity with Buddhism and particularly love the following teachers/authors: Tarthang Tulku, Thich Nhat Hanh, Pema Chodron, Jack Kornfield and of course the Dalai Lama. Many of the books by these authors are my lifeline to sanity :D

God's Toy
March 11th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Speaking as a Buddhist i know people can have a lot of questions as they try to understand it. I know from what people ask me they can get confused when you say its more a way of life than a religion .
i hope you end up sending it on to a member of MW and they learn much and come to better understad us and themselves.

Kiran
March 11th, 2009, 04:44 PM
What a great idea!!! An exchange/buy and sell spot!!! One where we can offer stuff to members who will appreicate the nature of the kinds of things we may wish to move on in this world!!
I think we have another idea for a new spot here Boss!!! What d'ya think???

God's Toy
March 11th, 2009, 07:35 PM
If members want to start threads of this type feel free, hell I like the idea :) however at this moment in time we simply dont have the membership numbers to warrant a dedicated forum for this.

Narnia
March 11th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Hm, I like the idea of this book being mailed to a member and then that member reads it, puts a note or signs the inside of the book with their name and or some nice words and then mails it out to another member to read and mail out, so on and so on! :girl_yes3 (1):

I think that would be way cool .... that book would have been around the world and back! he-he!

Mr. Brightside
March 11th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Hm, I like the idea of this book being mailed to a member and then that member reads it, puts a note or signs the inside of the book with their name and or some nice words and then mails it out to another member to read and mail out, so on and so on! :girl_yes3 (1):

I think that would be way cool .... that book would have been around the world and back! he-he!

What a wonderful idea Polly, I used to do that with live recordings, send it to someone, they would copy it and mail it on to somebody else, whoever gets it then pays the postage to the next person who wants it, worked a charm most of the time..

Spread the word of Buddhism around the world like an invisible supersonic Tibetan monk :) There is one person who wants to read it, I will ask them what they think of the idea :)

Narnia
March 11th, 2009, 10:21 PM
What a wonderful idea Polly, I used to do that with live recordings, send it to someone, they would copy it and mail it on to somebody else, whoever gets it then pays the postage to the next person who wants it, worked a charm most of the time..

Spread the word of Buddhism around the world like an invisible supersonic Tibetan monk :) There is one person who wants to read it, I will ask them what they think of the idea :)

Awh, thanks Sean! I just think it would be cool know that a MW member not only read it, but touched it too! :)

Hey, if you would like to mail it to me (*hint-hint*) I'd be happy to PM you my address or you could PM me, he-he, I already have someone in mind I'd love to mail it to after I am done reading it, provided it was mailed to me, of course!

I think keeping the recipient (an MW member) a secret would be kinda of fun too, you know add to the mystery of everything and then once a member has actually received it, they post it here! :)

Kiran
March 11th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Hey what a great idea!!! I like it!!!!!!! :girl_yes3 (1):
I know I have books I am a bit precious about because I never knew who to pass them onto either :)
I really like this idea!!
Yeaayy Sean for starting the train of thought!

Kiran
March 11th, 2009, 10:33 PM
OOhh just noticed that last post was number 777...........hmm....has to have been something in that there....:Buddha:

Narnia
March 11th, 2009, 10:38 PM
OOhh just noticed that last post was number 777...........hmm....has to have been something in that there....:Buddha:

Hmm? indeed, it must be part of the 'wake-up call' .... you think .... ?

Mr. Brightside
March 11th, 2009, 11:54 PM
A Global Book Circle lol sounds great :)

Ok this is how it will (or should) work

- Whoever receives the book pays the postage/packing cost to the next person on the list wherever they are in the world.

- When you have received it leave a note on here

- Like Polly said sign the book or leave a little note to say what you thought of it, either in the book or on the messageboard.

- If you would like to read it, leave a message on here or if you know which member has it, send them a PM

(I know its common sense but do NOT leave your real name and address on this messageboard send it as a Private Message or email)

I bet we all have some really interesting books on philosophy, religeon and so forth that could bnefit other members of the board..

Just think, for the price of postage you could change somebodys outlook on life or at the very least give them something interesting to read... :)

I will kick this off in the next few days and start the Mysterious Wisdom Book Club :Hbounce

Kiran
March 12th, 2009, 09:14 AM
What a superb idea!! Well done guys....:gathering:

Mr. Brightside
March 13th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Ok the

Mysterious Wisdom Book Club
Is now underway

The Introduction to Buddhism book has packed its rucksack and has gone backpacking around the world. Anybody else who would like to read this book leave a message on here or contact the person who has it. It really is a good read especially for someone who wants to get into Buddhism, or even just to expand your knowledge.

If you would like to join in, either offer up a book of your own you think other members would like to read, or request a book to be mailed to you thats doing the rounds.

I hope anybody who receives this book enjoys it as much as I did.

Happy Reading :)

Kiran
March 13th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Great stuff Sean :) I think its a great idea and also maybe to let people know on this thread who currently has it and who has received it....? To keep a track on it if someone wants to look at it.

I'll have to go through my books now as well to see what needs to move on :)

Mr. Brightside
March 13th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Great stuff Sean :) I think its a great idea and also maybe to let people know on this thread who currently has it and who has received it....? To keep a track on it if someone wants to look at it.
:)

Yeah I put a little note in the book asking people when they have received it leave a note on here, so people know who to ask for it ;)

I'll have to go through my books now as well to see what needs to move on :)

Look forward to It Lorri, I bet you have one, how to be the Quiz queen :D

BlueStar
March 14th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Yay, the book arrived here this morning! I'm delighted and honoured to be the first recipient. It really looks like a beautiful little book, and I look forward to getting stuck in. I think there is a lot of wisdom and insight in this book even for people who don't necessarily have an affiliation with Buddhism. I'm heartened to see that there is a large section on living life as a bodhisattva....as far as I'm concerned that's why we're all here, to be of help and service to all sentient beings. We are the bodhisattvas, whether we are consciously aware of it or not :)

I think Polly is next in line for this beautiful gift, I will pass it along as soon as I'm finished :)

Mr. Brightside
March 14th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Glad it arrived safely Rory hope you enjoy it :)

Kiran
March 15th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Look forward to It Lorri, I bet you have one, how to be the Quiz queen :D

:laugh: No Sean...thats just having a spongebrain....absorbs loads of superfluous material!!! lol

Rana
March 21st, 2009, 05:25 AM
add me in somewhere along the line ..:thanks:

Kiran
March 21st, 2009, 12:10 PM
I have three books (so far!!) if anyone is interested in reading them...just Pm me or email with your home address and I'll send them on:)

The Science of Self-Realisation - Divine Grace AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada
http://www.amazon.com/Science-Self-Realization-Bhaktivedanta-Swami-Prabhupada/product-reviews/0892131012/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Women who Run with The Wolves - Clarrissa Pinkola Estés
http://www.amazon.com/Women-Wolves-Clarissa-Pinkola-Estes/product-reviews/0345409876/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Stepping into the Magic - Gill Edwards
http://www.alibris.co.uk/booksearch?qwork=8541116&siteID=azqgJr9cp0M-qcTQLc0oYVAX.T_5cf595A

Kiran
March 25th, 2009, 11:38 AM
I forgot to add that I have numerous books on herbs - both how to grow them and to use them if anyone is interested. Just PM and let me know.

little bird
March 25th, 2009, 03:14 PM
IN terms of Buddhism books, I'll filter through the ones I have and I'm happy to pass them on too to anyone who'd like them.

There is one I can recommend however no longer have, that I strongly recommend anyone looking for a western take on an introduction to Buddhism is by Lama Surya Das called "Awakening the Buddha Within: Tibetan Wisdom for the Western World".

It's a fantastic book that both Peter and I felt very connected with and felt it was a great introduction to Buddhism on how it can be applied to our own day to day lives in a western world.

I'll go hunting and be back. Lorri, I might take you up on the offer of one of your herbalism books but I'll chat more about that when I get more than a minute.

Thanks = love this exchange and share idea.

Kiran
March 25th, 2009, 04:42 PM
No problem honey! I recommended a good one and it has a great childrens section in it...the Green Witch (yeah who'd have thought eh?? lol girl_witch)

Kiran
April 6th, 2009, 09:23 AM
I also have some books on Reiki, Rituals and some others...wasn't sure to list them or not....guess if you are interested, you could let me know.

Lion Spirit Walker
April 9th, 2009, 12:32 AM
Crystallori, are you the official keeper of the books for the MW Book Club?
I ask because I have a very 'special' book that I would like to donate.
If there is another "Keeper Of The Books" may I please here from you?
Tyvm.

Kiran
April 9th, 2009, 08:21 AM
Hmmm....no Psyche...I just have some of my own that I feel now need to be out there. We post on here any books that people feel they want to share and you will get a PM from someone if they are interested in reading it...thats kinda how it works (for obvious reasons we ask people don't post their home address on here but use the PM's).
If you have a book to share, you can post the details here and anyone interested can contact you. The Buddhist book from the first post is winging its way around the world as we speak...many are interested in sharing that and we ask that a little note be added inside. Nice way for us to communicate and to share with eachother :)
I hope that is clear for you honey?
You do have me intrigued by your book now...?

Mr. Brightside
April 9th, 2009, 12:05 PM
"Keeper of the books" lol I like that

I have a vision of Lorri walking around a dusty old celler with a candle gaurding the secret books of wisdom :D

Kiran
April 9th, 2009, 12:16 PM
:laugh: That made me laugh Sean!! You know...I always guarded my books like treasures but its a huge change for me to share them! Who knows, if I get the courage to publish my book...it might adorn my shelves too:Eeksign:

BlueStar
April 9th, 2009, 03:28 PM
"Keeper of the Books" - awesome! Would make a great screen name :)

I never knew you had written a book Lorri - you can't just leave it at that, you'll have to spill the beans :)

I have finished reading Sean's Buddhism book (was a lovely little book and I gained some real insights from it) and it is now on its way to Polly, who I believe was next in line.

Kiran
April 9th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Hmm....well its just my story and kinda like the thread I posted earlier about how to deal with stuff that happens and just my views on stuff.
Actually you know...that would make a great name!!!:girl_yes3 (1): (Can't quite picture you with pigtails but very cute look I'd say...:laugh:)
HUGS

BlueStar
April 9th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Well I for one would love to read it. I loved your other thread but haven't replied yet as I'd have to really think before I contributed anything of worth. I really enjoy reading autobiographical experiences, I don't think there's any greater gift a person can give than sharing their life and lessons - it takes a lot of courage, I know. But it always reminds me how we're all really One - you get to see life through another's perspective and realise that we all really have the same basics thoughts, hopes, fears and feelings...I love that feeling of oneness from reading autobiographies. The gift of shared experience.

I'm mustering up the courage to throw in a 'special' book of my own into the book circle.

Kiran
April 9th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Sent you a PM honey :)

BlueStar
April 10th, 2009, 05:01 PM
OK, I decided to bite the bullet and offer a rather unique book: my own one! :D I have a copy sitting here and I'd be delighted to send it to whoever is interested.

As it has not been officially published yet, it's one of a very limited number in existence. 'The Key of Alanar' is an ambitious, epic tale that combines fantasy with metaphysics and a strongly character driven narrative (you needn't be put off if you're not really into fantasy: it's actually quite transcendent of genre). It's a story about overcoming adversity and bereavement, finding your true path in life and reconciling the darkness in order to step into the light.

This book is my life's work (I can say that because I first conceived the idea when I was only a little kid and later began developing the storyline when I was about 16). I've every last ounce of my heart and soul into it and guess it's time to get it out there.

If anyone would like to read it send me a PM and I will happily send it off to you :)

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j236/amoyan/Photo29.jpg

Kiran
April 10th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Well honey...I would be interested :) Sent you a PM.

Lion Spirit Walker
April 11th, 2009, 04:21 AM
Lucid, may I be next in line to read your book. Perhaps if I gave Crystallori my home addy and she could send it to me when she's finished.?. Also, would you like anything written into it after it's read? I could understand if you preferred we refrain from doing so. Just thought I'd ask.
The Book I mentioned above is entitled "The Fabric Of The Cosmos" by Brian Greene.
The subtitle is "Space, Time, And The Texture Of Reality."
This is a physics book in which "String Theory" is presented. It brings science into sync with the belief that 'All Things Are Indeed Possible', and how our hands are just as much in this cosmic 'pie' as has always been believed in metaphysics.
The Unique thing about this book is it is one of the very first published. I happen to receive it approximately a year before it came out in book stores. Back to the understanding 'that all things are indeed possible.'
By rights I shouldn't have received the book. But I guess it helped that I understood the 'Strings'. :)
Offering to share this book is something I thought I would never do. However, I 'feel' compelled to do so here with each of you.
Should you deside to except my offer, let's handle it as with the Buddhist book initially offered in this thread (of which I'm also Interested).

BlueStar
April 11th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Lucid, may I be next in line to read your book. Perhaps if I gave Crystallori my home addy and she could send it to me when she's finished.?. Also, would you like anything written into it after it's read? I could understand if you preferred we refrain from doing so. Just thought I'd ask.
The Book I mentioned above is entitled "The Fabric Of The Cosmos" by Brian Greene.
The subtitle is "Space, Time, And The Texture Of Reality."
This is a physics book in which "String Theory" is presented. It brings science into sync with the belief that 'All Things Are Indeed Possible', and how our hands are just as much in this cosmic 'pie' as has always been believed in metaphysics.
The Unique thing about this book is it is one of the very first published. I happen to receive it approximately a year before it came out in book stores. Back to the understanding 'that all things are indeed possible.'
By rights I shouldn't have received the book. But I guess it helped that I understood the 'Strings'. :)
Offering to share this book is something I thought I would never do. However, I 'feel' compelled to do so here with each of you.
Should you deside to except my offer, let's handle it as with the Buddhist book initially offered in this thread (of which I'm also Interested).

Thanks Michael - I'd love for you to read my book. I believe that Polly (Sphinx) is actually next in line after Lorri but if you PM her your address I'm sure she'd be happy to pass it along :) Feel free to scribble whatever you like on it!

Your string theory book sounds interesting - just wondering if it would be accessible to someone who doesn't have a great understanding of physics? Is it quite easy to read or is it for the more scientifically knowledgable?

Narnia
April 11th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Hey Michael!!

.... I believe that Polly (Sphinx) is actually next in line after Lorri but if you PM her your address I'm sure she'd be happy to pass it along :) ....

Yes, I did put my name on the reservation list already (sorry I beat you to it), but as Rory pointed out ... I would be most happy to pass it on to my dear friend after I am finished with it!! :)

-------------

Hey Rory!

.... Feel free to scribble whatever you like on it! ....

If you don't mind, I would like to take you up on your 'scribble' offer as well! he-he! :)

:thanks:

Lion Spirit Walker
April 12th, 2009, 12:50 AM
Sphinx, my home addy is on its way to your PM inbox. ;)
And Lucid Tyvm. As for the "Fabric Of The Cosmos", it's both. There are numerous pages of dry science peppered with a more Human/less clinical approach. Good of you to ask. I wouldn't want someone to receive it not knowing this info. They might feel compelled to use it as fuel for the fireplace. Thank you for asking Rory.

Mr. Brightside
April 12th, 2009, 01:11 AM
Its really cool that this book club has took off :)

If anybody has read the original Buddhist book and wants more information on Kadampa Buddhism you can find it here

Kadampa Buddhism (http://kadampa.org/)

there are lots of Dharma centres around the world including the Mother centre (http://nkt-kmc-manjushri.org/tradition/) in the lake district in England.

I have visited a few and they are very beautiful peaceful places. If you are into buddhism or not they make you very welcome.

Narnia
April 13th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Introduction to Buddhism has arrived from Scotland to here in the US!!

:thanks: dear Rory and :thanks: dear Sean!! Your notes/messages are simply beautiful!

OMG!! This so cool!! I can't wait to start reading it tonight!! :girl_yes3 (1):

BlueStar
April 13th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Wow, that didn't take that long to reach you! Glad it arrived safely Polly - hope you enjoy it :D :signsHF:

Kiran
April 13th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Yes I am looking forward to receiving your book honey :)

Mr. Brightside
April 14th, 2009, 01:40 AM
Introduction to Buddhism has arrived from Scotland to here in the US!!

:thanks: dear Rory and :thanks: dear Sean!! Your notes/messages are simply beautiful!

OMG!! This so cool!! I can't wait to start reading it tonight!! :girl_yes3 (1):

Your very welcome Polly, hope you enjoy it :)

BlueStar
April 14th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Yes I am looking forward to receiving your book honey :)

Plan to get it off to you this afternoon! :D

Kiran
April 15th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Thanks honey, I'll let you know when it arrives. :two hearts:

Kiran
April 20th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Hey Lucid....just wanted to let you know the treasured parcel arrived today!! I am going to sit down this evening and make a start on it!! Can't wait!!
And thank you so much for the lovely note :):two hearts:

patrik.
April 20th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Just found this thread and got a big smile on my face reading it, what a great idea! Count me in too. :)

BlueStar
April 21st, 2009, 06:46 PM
Hey Lucid....just wanted to let you know the treasured parcel arrived today!! I am going to sit down this evening and make a start on it!! Can't wait!!
And thank you so much for the lovely note :):two hearts:

You're very welcome, glad it arrived safe and hope you are enjoying! :D

Lion Spirit Walker
April 23rd, 2009, 02:37 AM
Too cool. :)
We're all going to become Buddhist.
Hehehehe.
Cool.
Forgive me please. I'm vearing off topic.
Heading to the local Buddist temple on Friday [I hope, I hope.] here in completely unnatural Iowa, USA. LOL. I'm Doing it again.
:)

Kiran
April 23rd, 2009, 08:56 AM
Its ok we'll let you off this time Psyche :D Just kidding....I hope you get to go :)
We have a Hare Krishna place here in Co Donegal...they have an island with a temple and a retreat. I am hoping to go there later on in the summer if I can :)

Lion Spirit Walker
April 24th, 2009, 04:43 AM
Too cool Crystallorri. :)
May I go with you?
I've read the "Bhagavad-Gita" and I promise I'll behave. [lol]
There I go again. Stay on topic Michael.
Back to the topic at hand;
Is anyone interested in having me share my copy of "The Bhagavad-Gita"?
I really would love to share it. It's a wonderful book.

Kiran
April 24th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Too cool Crystallorri. :)
May I go with you?
I've read the "Bhagavad-Gita" and I promise I'll behave. [lol]
There I go again. Stay on topic Michael.
Back to the topic at hand;
Is anyone interested in having me share my copy of "The Bhagavad-Gita"?
I really would love to share it. It's a wonderful book.

Anytime honey ;) I'd love the company :)

Lion Spirit Walker
April 25th, 2009, 05:12 AM
If I play and win the lottery, perhaps. :)

And The Bhagavad-Gita is still here to share.
:gathering:

Narnia
April 25th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Well, the first part of my post is off topic .... but I would love to have a 'Let's meet one day' come true! ... *Hm?* ... I just may create a thread for that idea ... well, I did rekindle that idea on the EMB, the fire was going, but things changed ...

Anyway, back on topic, I have been enjoying the Introduction to Buddhism and since I have started reading it more interest has been growing in the book itself .... as in, Paul and my sister are interested in reading the book as well! :)

And since, no one (as of yet) here on MW has expressed interest in being next in line for receiving the Introduction to Buddhism, I will lend the book to Paul and my sister, and when they are both done with the book perhaps then someone here on MW will be interested in reading it.

I will post back here when it's available. :girl_yes3 (1):

Kiran
April 25th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Polly...I have finished Rory's book and sent you a PM. I loved it and couldn't put it down! :D

Narnia
April 25th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Polly...I have finished Rory's book and sent you a PM. I loved it and couldn't put it down! :D

he-he ... *as she bounces and claps her hands in the seat!* ... *oh, I can't wait!* :girl_yes3 (1):

Lion Spirit Walker
April 26th, 2009, 03:58 AM
Yes. :) Rory's book will soon be here post Sphinx. Cool.

I think it's terrific that the intro to Buddhism book is making it's rounds. I've studied Buddism through-out the past fifteen years. And strongly embrace and incorporate the philosophies into my life.
I would request to read it, I have so many books on Buddhism as is that I believe I would only be reading that which I've already come to understand. And this being the case, I believe it better that the book be passed to those who are as yet unfamiliar with Buddhism.

Kiran
April 26th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Polly...I would love to receive the Buddhism book once it is finished with. Have sent a PM.

patrik.
April 28th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Well, the first part of my post is off topic .... but I would love to have a 'Let's meet one day' come true! ... *Hm?* ... I just may create a thread for that idea ... well, I did rekindle that idea on the EMB, the fire was going, but things changed ...

Anyway, back on topic, I have been enjoying the Introduction to Buddhism and since I have started reading it more interest has been growing in the book itself .... as in, Paul and my sister are interested in reading the book as well! :)

And since, no one (as of yet) here on MW has expressed interest in being next in line for receiving the Introduction to Buddhism, I will lend the book to Paul and my sister, and when they are both done with the book perhaps then someone here on MW will be interested in reading it.

I will post back here when it's available. :girl_yes3 (1):

I would love to read it after Paul and your sister. :)

Narnia
April 28th, 2009, 11:04 PM
I would love to read it after Paul and your sister. :)

Hey Patrik! I have no doubt you would love to read it too, but Lorri PM-ed me already, asking to be next in line after Paul and my sister so, perhaps she'll good enough to mail it on to you when she is done with it! :)

Narnia
May 3rd, 2009, 12:38 AM
The Key to Alanar

Has arrived here in the US from Ireland!!

:thanks: Lorri!!! and :thanks: Rory!!! Your notes are just lovely!! :yourock:

*geez, I am quite the little piggy with all the MW book club books ... he-he!*

After this coming week (when I am all done for the show) I will have the opportunity to read and finish both books I currently have in a timely manner and send them off to their respective recipents ...

Introduction to Buddhism; goes to Lorri
The Key to Alanar; goes to Michael

:girl_yes3 (1):

Kiran
May 3rd, 2009, 12:17 PM
Glad you got it safe and sound Polly! :)

BlueStar
May 3rd, 2009, 05:01 PM
Glad it arrived safely Polly - hope you enjoy! Can't wait to hear what you make of it :D

messickc
May 13th, 2009, 04:55 AM
Well, speaking of books, I ran across one on the Internet of which I am desperately trying to find a NEW copy.

"Codex Seraphinianus" by Luigi SERAFINI

Here (http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=codex+seraphinianus&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=ZEQKSv-bJJGCmQfssNHqCw&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&resnum=4&ct=title) are some pictures from it.

OMG It's freaky/weird. It is apparently an other worldly encyclopedia written in an undecipherable language of that world.

Kiran
May 13th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Hmm...looks interesting Christopher but my only niggle with it is that I think sometimes people need to be aware of some other script out there.
I have a book of dragon script and have seen another which is meant to be angelic script.
These are often channelled by people but we need to be clear for what purpose.
If you want it as an unusual book...then you go for it honey...looks cool...but if you want to use it, make sure you find out everythig you can about it.
Just my tuppence worth.
HUGS

Narnia
September 6th, 2009, 02:37 PM
I am so happy to finally report that I have finished both The Introduction to Buddhism and The Key of Alanar, please forgive me in taking sooo long to finish both books!

The Introduction to Buddhism will be mailed to Lorri, once I have essembled the care-package that will accompany the book and it should be mailed off sometime next week!

The Key of Alanar will be mailed to Michael next week as well!

I thoroughly enjoyed both books and I hope everyone here gets to read both.

Especially The Key of Alanar, honestly I cannot sing enough praises for Rory's book - I LOVE it to bits!! :giveheart

BlueStar
September 7th, 2009, 06:35 PM
I am so happy to finally report that I have finished both The Introduction to Buddhism and The Key of Alanar, please forgive me in taking sooo long to finish both books!

The Introduction to Buddhism will be mailed to Lorri, once I have essembled the care-package that will accompany the book and it should be mailed off sometime next week!

The Key of Alanar will be mailed to Michael next week as well!

I thoroughly enjoyed both books and I hope everyone here gets to read both.

Especially The Key of Alanar, honestly I cannot sing enough praises for Rory's book - I LOVE it to bits!! :giveheart

I am SO delighted you enjoyed it honey! and i appreciate all your kind words and support :D :two hearts: I hope Michael likes it too! It's certainly been doing the rounds now, which is wonderful!

Lion Spirit Walker
October 3rd, 2009, 03:14 AM
I've just about finished reading Rory's wonderful book, "The Key of Alanar". And I can state I've enjoyed every bit of it.
Wonderful work my friend. Thank you very much for sharing it.
:superman:

Narnia
October 24th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Well, months later (so very sorry for the extreme delay in getting it out), but the Introduction to Buddhism has been shipped out to Lorri who is next in line to read it!!

Kiran
November 4th, 2009, 08:15 AM
The Introduction to Buddhism has arrived safe and sound from Polly to me here in Ireland!
(Thanks a million for everything Polly!!! I love the picture and it now hangs in my hall!!)
HUGS

Narnia
November 4th, 2009, 12:15 PM
The Introduction to Buddhism has arrived safe and sound from Polly to me here in Ireland!
(Thanks a million for everything Polly!!! I love the picture and it now hangs in my hall!!)
HUGS

YEAH!!! It makes me soo sooo very happy your package arrived safely to you and that you love your gift(s) - it truly warms my heart!!

Finally - you get to read the wonderful little book Introduction to Buddhism!

Bigh HUGS dear Lorri!! :two hearts:

Kiran
February 19th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Rory's book is on its way to Rana in Australia! The Little Book of Buddhism will be winging its way to Sweden soon, to Patrik.

Narnia
April 30th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Oh my goodness ... it's been well over a year since this thread was last used - excuse me while I dust it off ... *takes deep breathe and blows* .... *cough-cough* ... okay that's a little better ....

Anyhoo, I keep having this reoccurring thought about the book I'm currently reading The Mission of Art (http://mysteriouswisdom.com/forum/showthread.php/1588-The-Mission-of-Art-Alex-Grey.?p=30519#post30519) .... my thought is - when I'm done with it I would gladly mail it out to anyone here who would like to read it! :D

So, on that note, if you're interested ... send me a PM! :)

The Mission of Art

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_bWidiVJ9ims/SLDdcsqsCWI/AAAAAAAABGo/7c9tneU5-zE/s400/mission+of+art.grey.cover.jpg

Narnia
May 1st, 2011, 01:48 PM
Just making this post be seen on the board ....

Oh my goodness ... it's been well over a year since this thread was last used - excuse me while I dust it off ... *takes deep breathe and blows* .... *cough-cough* ... okay that's a little better ....

Anyhoo, I keep having this reoccurring thought about the book I'm currently reading The Mission of Art (http://mysteriouswisdom.com/forum/showthread.php/1588-The-Mission-of-Art-Alex-Grey.?p=30519#post30519) .... my thought is - when I'm done with it I would gladly mail it out to anyone here who would like to read it! :D

So, on that note, if you're interested ... send me a PM! :)

The Mission of Art

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_bWidiVJ9ims/SLDdcsqsCWI/AAAAAAAABGo/7c9tneU5-zE/s400/mission+of+art.grey.cover.jpg

Narnia
May 1st, 2011, 10:43 PM
Rory aka BlueStar ... was the first to PM me about 'The Mission of Art'.

So, Rory dear, when I am finished with it, I'll mail it out to you! :) :giveheart

BlueStar
May 2nd, 2011, 07:04 PM
Rory aka BlueStar ... was the first to PM me about 'The Mission of Art'.

So, Rory dear, when I am finished with it, I'll mail it out to you! :) :giveheart

Thanks so much sweetie, I really look forward to that!! So grateful to you and your kind offer :D

Will have a think and see if any of my books might appeal to anyone

Lion Spirit Walker
May 11th, 2011, 03:26 AM
'psst... Rory.'

BlueStar
May 11th, 2011, 07:12 PM
'psst... Rory.'

Haha I hear ya buddy ;)

Narnia
May 11th, 2011, 10:42 PM
Haha I hear ya buddy ;)

Here's a thought I could mail it to Michael first (since he's here in the US) and after he's done reading it, he could mail it back to me and then I could mail it to you Rory (the idea being to save expenses for you both!) ... :)

Then again I'm guessing that's what the 'Psst ... Rory' is all about (because Michael would like to read it next as well?) Please correct me if I'm wrong ...

Lion Spirit Walker
May 11th, 2011, 11:18 PM
Hehehe. She's onto us Rory. Honestly though Rory deserves it first. ;)