PDA

View Full Version : Controll

userid7
February 25th, 2009, 03:22 AM
I gave this alot of thought, as I am quite sure that we are exactlly half
in charge of our life and the events therein.
If there is a variation there,I think you will find that somehow you
gave permission, or took permission to seemingly change this.

Peace and Freedom,
DangerBird.

Kiran
February 25th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Hmm...that makes sense :girl_yes3 (1):

SoulChild
March 9th, 2009, 04:52 PM
One of the variations is environment. Especially a child. Not much control there...and even if they gave permission by way of actually asking, or requesting to come to this realm, I am sure no one would choose to be abused or starved....Yet, the things we go through in life help us to become who we are, and make us weak or strong. We have control, we just have to control our WILL more. We still battle with right, or left... bad or good....and not that anything is wrong with that...its just finding a balance. Once we elevate our minds more as humans...we will have more control of many things....

God's Toy
March 14th, 2009, 01:42 PM
I always find it hard to respond to threads like this. Some of you have been round for a very long time while some are only getting started on this thing called life. To that end what someone says as fact for himself/herself may not ring true for another.

For this reason I try to not respond to this thread about control and freewill... till now. Thinking about it I would have made an analogy of a parent looking after a child, in that the child gets to chose what toys it wants to play with but only after the parent has made the choice of what toys to offer the child to help it learn and grow.

Yep it may not be 'on the topic fully' but it's been in my head wanting to be said for a few days now. In this question, just like in the question of free will, you get to chose your life after it's parameters have been defined.

Narnia
March 14th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Like you, GT, I find it hard to respond to a topic like this as well ....

So, I always site my trusty dictionary to help me better formulate my ideas ....

Webster's New World College Dicitonary

Con-trol:
vt. -trolled', -trol'ling
1. orig., to check or verify (payments, accounts, etc.) by comparison with a duplicate register.
2. to regulate (financial affairs).
3. to verify (an experiment) by comparison with a standard or by other experiments.
4. to exercise authority over; direct; command.
5. to operate or regulate [this knob controls the volume of sound].

-n.
1. the act or fact of controlling; power to direct or regulate; ability to use effectively [her control over her passions, the violinist's control of his vibrato].
2. the condition of being directed or restrained; restraint [the car went out of control]
3. a means of controlling; check [wage and price controls] .
4. a standard of comparison for verifying or checking the findings of an experiment.
5. a) an instrument or apparatus to regulate a mechanism. b) a device used to adjust or control.
6. a spirit supposed to direct the actions and speech of a spiritualistic medium.

*And, I agree with you GT, I think once the parameters are delineated then it is up to the individual to take 'control'.