PDA

View Full Version : Youtube inline posting. Yes It's back!!!! (test)

God's Toy
February 21st, 2009, 08:33 PM
Recently, a member asked me if it was possible to embed videos such as YouTube videos into posts like we use to have on the EMB.

Well the good news is that from now on, if you would like to add a YouTube video to your posts, all you have to do is the following:

1 - When you find the video you'd like from YouTube, copy the video number from the URL. For example If your video was here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqB4UdpUoGM

2 - Then copy the last 11 characters, in this case: LqB4UdpUoGM

3 - Then when you want to make your post, just click the YouTube button http://www.jewelkilcherforum.com/images/buttons/youtube.gif in the post editor.

4 - It will ask you to give it an option for your yt tag. This means to give it a title or name. In this case we call it 'Test'

5 - After you do this your Link will now look something like this:

In between the tags, PASTE THE 11 CHARACTER VIDEO CODE

6- Your link should now look something like this:

LqB4UdpUoGM

7 - Then you can submit your post when ready. You're YouTube video is now available for all to see without having to leave the forum!

Please note, the YouTube button is not available in 'Quick Reply' mode but you can type it manually if you wish.

Also, some people on YouTube do not make their videos 'embed' enabled. In these cases, this feature will not work.

This is how the video will look in your post
Have fun!

LqB4UdpUoGM

Samael
February 21st, 2009, 09:07 PM
Thanks !

@ Everyone : Post a cool video here ! :)

wa_S9zcCTaI

Narnia
February 21st, 2009, 11:52 PM
Thank you Peter! For doing such a proficient job as usual!! You are da Man, man!

Stargazer
February 22nd, 2009, 01:36 AM
:thanks: Peter :thanks:
IFV1Pc5fjkg

Kiran
February 22nd, 2009, 08:08 AM
Wow that young lad certainly shows the power of the mind to learn so many languages so quickly! Thanks Stargazer for sharing that!!! Very cool!!

Peter - Thank you so much for adding this!!!

God's Toy
February 22nd, 2009, 01:11 PM
Your very welcome guys, I'm happy to help!

We should have a Video of the week (or day) thread or something.

Also, anyone that posted youtube links in the 'What are you listening to (TNG) (http://mysteriouswisdom.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125)' thread will now see the vid is now playing in their posts.*

*Please note not all vids could be added as some were no longer on youtube due to copyright/T's and C's violations.

Genesis
February 23rd, 2009, 07:28 PM
*Gives Peter big fat hugs* :D

I loved this!

God's Toy
February 23rd, 2009, 09:47 PM
Your welcome!

714-Ioa4XQw

Samael
February 24th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Your welcome!
714-Ioa4XQw

This is probably my favorite scene in the movie and serie in general :) I sow a few new episodes, they started airing in HD, but they are not as interesting as they were :) Still, I like to see show from time to time..

God's Toy
February 24th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Yep over here they just shown the very first episode in HD with a few more to follow I think. I watched the movie in HD last night, it was fun and did look better indeed but yep spider pig is the best part for sure. Sad really.