PDA

View Full Version : NPR & Story Corps

Narnia
February 20th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Here is the US, we have National Public Radio aka NPR. NPR is supported mainly by the public. I grew up listening to NPR because of my parents and still to this day I listen to NPR, it has become one of my greatest news sources.

For the last few years on NPR, every Friday morning at 6:30, there is a segment that comes on, that is known as "Story Corps". Story Corps, goes around the country recording the voices and stories of the everyday American folk.

Listening to NPR is part of our morning ritual, by the time Paul is ready to go to work, Story Corps comes on, some of these stories have made me laugh and some have made me cry, but all of them are, simply amazing and worth the listen!

So, I would like to recommend to you all, Story Corps. Check it out yourself and have a little listen!

www.npr.org (search Story Corps)

or visit

www.storycorps.net

ENJOY! :)

messickc
February 23rd, 2009, 01:15 AM
Yes. I listen to NPR every morning as well. The Story Corps booth came here to Huntsville a while ago-- I was going to go into the booth, but the line was too long.

I have my alarm clock set to go off on the local station (The alarm clocks that have the annoying beep fill me with rage, so I must destroy them when they wake me up.)

Narnia
February 23rd, 2009, 11:49 AM
I knew you would respond :girl_yes3 (1): fellow NPR listener!

That's so cool Story Corps came to your town, although its too bad for them, they didn't get the chance to record a story or two from you, I bet you have some hilarious stories to tell!

:signsHF:

Narnia
March 6th, 2009, 11:43 AM
.... wow .... I just heard a lovely story ....

Yep, it's Friday morning ....

An 11 year old boy interviewed his Mom. He asked her about how she met 'Dad' and the pluses and minuses of marriage ....

And her response to him about marriage was simply beautiful .... "Your Dad taught me what love is and marriage is a privilege, and love is not just how you feel but its also the actions you make" ....

I thought that was a very fine sentiment ....

Marriage .... (in my view) .... is a sacred realm .... one to be honoured and respected .... :two hearts:

Go to NPR.org and hear their story sometime! :)