View Full Version : A debate

userid7
November 5th, 2008, 12:30 AM
Maybe I don't have to point out the statistics, we can see that Mother
Earth is in trouble, maybe we don't have all the answers, but there
is a harsh reality that needs to be looked at in more ways than
we'll do it as long as we can make a prophit too, which seems to me
the answer we are getting from all the cries to save her, we are in debt
heavily to her and I beleive that we have to make sacrifices.
The tide has been to create what has been called "a perfect hell",
There are all kinds of people who will not even tolerate dirt, like it's
a dirty word, where will we be without it?
"weeds", also nessesary parts of the eco-system...kindness to our
animal brothers and sisters,
I think the worst decision ever made was the idea that we should have
"man against nature", supposidly for our survival,and this idea that we are
a supirior species, and have a right to mindlessly destroy the rest,
Peace and love,
Danger Bird

Rana
November 5th, 2008, 10:51 AM
..i hear you DangerBird ..

Kiran
November 5th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Maybe I don't have to point out the statistics, we can see that Mother
Earth is in trouble, maybe we don't have all the answers, but there
is a harsh reality that needs to be looked at in more ways than
we'll do it as long as we can make a prophit too, which seems to me
the answer we are getting from all the cries to save her, we are in debt
heavily to her and I beleive that we have to make sacrifices.
The tide has been to create what has been called "a perfect hell",
There are all kinds of people who will not even tolerate dirt, like it's
a dirty word, where will we be without it?
"weeds", also nessesary parts of the eco-system...kindness to our
animal brothers and sisters,
I think the worst decision ever made was the idea that we should have
"man against nature", supposidly for our survival,and this idea that we are
a supirior species, and have a right to mindlessly destroy the rest,
Peace and love,
Danger Bird

I hear you too honey :) Yes I think we forget that when we take from the Earth, we need to replace things otherwise the balance would be worse than it is right now!
Mankind...hmmm...with our intellect and abilities can't even see the obvious right in front of our noses!!!

SoulChild
November 19th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Thats almost exactly what I was going to say Crystallorri. I was just thinking of "BALANCEMENT"

Yesterday, I was just thinking of the amazon rain forest, and how we use up so much of the earths natural resources. I overstand that thats what it's here for, but, we overuse things I think. Too many trees being cut down...it just hurts my heart!

If we could just find the balance....have some consideration for the planet. Take care of the planet as one would do for themselves.

userid7
November 19th, 2008, 07:50 PM
It may be a hard thing to swallow, but I was thinking about the balance
of nature, I want everyone to live as much as the next guy, but with this
overpopulation and the depletion of the other creatures, this "dominant species" as we are, has taken us out of the food chain, and I think you
could see that if you try, basically we are all destined to death eventually,
would you or not prefer a death that helped the earth, I really do think
we have a serious delema here, though personally after much thought I would like my death to feed the earth, as my body was given to me by
Mother Earth, I think it should return, I find this easier to accept as I have a
hundred percent belief in eternal life with or without this body.
Peace and love,
DangerBird.

Lotus Flower
November 19th, 2008, 11:43 PM
Hi

Just wondering do you ask permission when you pick a flower take a leaf Its good not to take it for granted

Narnia
November 20th, 2008, 01:55 PM
It may be a hard thing to swallow, but I was thinking about the balance of nature, I want everyone to live as much as the next guy, but with this overpopulation and the depletion of the other creatures,

Deforestation has always worried me ever since I was a kid...*I would (and sometimes still do) wake up in the middle of the night worrying about the Amazon Rain Forest*...wondering...is it ever going to stop and if it does will there be enough to grow from, to keep the forest alive and the planet?

Back in the late 80's and early 90's there was a toilet paper company known as White Cloud. They had an offer, that everytime one purchased their toilet paper, a dollar would buy an acre of the Amazon Rain Forest....needless to say I participated in this....so hopefully that land is still protected?

And overpopulation too. Yeah, I have a real problem with this. I knew when I was a kid, I didn't want to have kids. So, I made a commitment with myself...if I want to...."Be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi....I decided, not to add to the worlds population....and I am happy about that and it's something I can live with.

It still worries me, what we humans are doing to this precious planet and it's creatures....and I think education and action across the world, are the best steps in countering this destructive action...and in the end we can save the planet!

...this "dominant species" as we are, has taken us out of the food chain, and I think you could see that if you try, basically we are all destined to death eventually, would you or not prefer a death that helped the earth, I really do think we have a serious delema here, though personally after much thought I would like my death to feed the earth, as my body was given to me by Mother Earth, I think it should return, I find this easier to accept as I have a hundred percent belief in eternal life with or without this body.
Peace and love,
DangerBird.

Yes, I agree with you DangerBird!

Hi

Just wondering do you ask permission when you pick a flower take a leaf Its good not to take it for granted

Actually I do and I give thanks! Also, if I find a dead creature in our yard...I bury it and give a little 'prayer' of sorts....:)

planetlove
November 20th, 2008, 02:18 PM
what if i told you that the new earth is already here...

what woud you say ...?

If you believe that the earth is in trouble then "you" are in trouble...
Your projection of the earth starts from within the self.....
If you know this then you know everthing already...
If you believe it to be what you dwell on thinking it iz it wil stay that way for you .....

Change your own thinking and see the beauty,...
that is the problem we have here on earth ....
just not knowing what is ....
that is why its called reality....you just have to realize it ...

It's hear already....just know it and breathe it and feel it ....
V

SoulChild
November 20th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Hi

No, I don't ask permission, because, I am human...LOL But, I do apologize...:girl_yes3 (1):

userid7
November 21st, 2008, 05:49 PM
Our lonely boy is wondering and wundering how he can possibly win
the heart of his true love,
He stops at a patch of flowers and thinks, "these flowers are beutifull,
they remind me of my true love."
The flower touched by this turns to him and says"you have touched my heart, if I may help you win your true love, I offer you my life."

Peace and Love,
DangerBird.

Logio
November 22nd, 2008, 01:08 AM
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k111/andriacarneal/300_300_TheLorax.jpg

This Story has always rung deep with me. It also was written in 1971 - the year I was born. Dr. Suess proved that the pen is mightier than the sword. I believe a lot of children grew up remembering this prodigious tale of woe, and were greatly influenced.

Nathan