PDA

View Full Version : Musings February 7th 2009

Kiran
February 7th, 2009, 07:49 PM
~ Would you tell a lie to one you loved?

Depends on the situation but I would find it very hard to do.

~ Cat person or dog person? Or something else?

Any animal...love them all pretty much!

~ Tea or coffee?

Tea definitely but I do love a great cup of coffee!

~ What is your favourite fruit and why?

hmm this is hard...I like most fruit but one of my favourites are pineapples.

~ Motorbike or car?

Definitely bike!! especially a Harley or something...but its a car when you get older and have to be more respectable!! lol

~ What one luxury would you not live without?

a stereo/music system of some sort.

Narnia
February 7th, 2009, 09:13 PM

I am quoting Lorri because I feel exactly the same way.

I grew up with both, so I like both, but we have two great cats at the moment!

~ Tea or coffee?

Both! Love coffee in the morning and sometimes in the afternoon and love tea in the afternoon!

Yep, this is hard for me too! I love bananas, strawberries, blueberries....fruits are like an eatable gems!

~ Motorbike or car?

A car all the way, I love sitting all comfy in a car with a killer sound system, relaxing and driving! Motorbikes and I do not mix its really difficult on my hips. And, speaking of bikes, you all know I just lurve to ride my bike, especially up hills!

Definitely bike!! especially a Harley or something...but its a car when you get older and have to be more respectable!! lol

Lorri, you would love it here where we live. A local bar sponsors a motorcycle parade known as 'Pappy's Run' which brings awareness to drunk driving every spring. The bikes come cruising up Rt32, and man its a site to see and not to mention the noise! :) A thousand plus bikes just a block away!

Hmmm this is tough for sure, I am torn between a honkin' stereo system or a nice hot shower!

Kiran
February 8th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Hey Sphinx...thats exactly how I see fruit. I love berries, bananas, oranges kiwi...but I guess I chose pineapple becuase its not one I get to have very often. Oh yes...and I agree with the shower thing...that would be a hard choice alright!!!

God's Toy
February 8th, 2009, 11:45 PM

Humans do that all the time, it's part of the programming you learn that's needed to survive.

When I have a Cat (like now) I'm a cat person but when I have a Dog it's Dog's world.

~ Tea or coffee?

First thing in the morning and up to 6 PM it's Coffee but then it's Tea till I sleep.

Been eating bananas ad Apples for my lunch for over 5 years now so I suppose they are my faves.

~ Motorbike or car?

I can understand a bike giving you freedom but really it's so darn cold until later summer it's a Car I'll be taking!

My coffee maker, boy this thing is just the dogs nuts! It can do anything you want, just select it from the Menu and sit back for you will soon have a pipping hot tasty (freshly ground) coffee waiting for you.

Stargazer
February 9th, 2009, 03:38 AM
*Would you tell a lie to one you loved?

As Peter said, Relationships are often built on lies , but if it's someone i truly love then i find it very hard to lie to them.

*Cat person or dog person? Or something else?

If it's between cat's and dog's then i'm definitely a dog person if not then i am any bird person :angel

*Tea or coffee?

First thing in the morning is coffee and the rest of the day it's Tea....i'm a Teaman ;)

*What is your favourite fruit and why?

I like all the fruits....though i love pineapple more than others (Lorri...:friends:)

*Motorbike or car?

Neither......I love riding Bicycle ,a great way to exercise while actually on the move and without any guilt of pollution ;)

*What one luxury would you not live without?

Rocking-Chair :haloweencat:

Kiran
February 9th, 2009, 11:41 AM

Humans do that all the time, it's part of the programming you learn that's needed to survive.

When I have a Cat (like now) I'm a cat person but when I have a Dog it's Dog's world.

~ Tea or coffee?

First thing in the morning and up to 6 PM it's Coffee but then it's Tea till I sleep.

Been eating bananas ad Apples for my lunch for over 5 years now so I suppose they are my faves.

~ Motorbike or car?

I can understand a bike giving you freedom but really it's so darn cold until later summer it's a Car I'll be taking!

My coffee maker, boy this thing is just the dogs nuts! It can do anything you want, just select it from the Menu and sit back for you will soon have a pipping hot tasty (freshly ground) coffee waiting for you.

hehehe...nice to know nothing changes GT!! Knew it would be your coffee maker...scary to think of you without that!!!! :laugh:

Kiran
February 9th, 2009, 11:43 AM
*Would you tell a lie to one you loved?

As Peter said, Relationships are often built on lies , but if it's someone i truly love then i find it very hard to lie to them.

*Cat person or dog person? Or something else?

If it's between cat's and dog's then i'm definitely a dog person if not then i am any bird person :angel

*Tea or coffee?

First thing in the morning is coffee and the rest of the day it's Tea....i'm a Teaman ;)

*What is your favourite fruit and why?

I like all the fruits....though i love pineapple more than others (Lorri...:friends:)

*Motorbike or car?

Neither......I love riding Bicycle ,a great way to exercise while actually on the move and without any guilt of pollution ;)

*What one luxury would you not live without?

Rocking-Chair :haloweencat:

So you love pineapples too eh?? Knew we got on so well ;) You know what surprised me? Was your luxury item...the rocking chair! Thats such a simple pleasure and no hi tech stuff....thank you honey for reminding us of the simpler pleasures in life :two hearts:

Kiran
February 9th, 2009, 12:08 PM
A car all the way, I love sitting all comfy in a car with a killer sound system, relaxing and driving! Motorbikes and I do not mix its really difficult on my hips. And, speaking of bikes, you all know I just lurve to ride my bike, especially up hills!

Lorri, you would love it here where we live. A local bar sponsors a motorcycle parade known as 'Pappy's Run' which brings awareness to drunk driving every spring. The bikes come cruising up Rt32, and man its a site to see and not to mention the noise! :) A thousand plus bikes just a block away!

I have always liked motorbikes etc since I was a kid and my youngest son John is the same way...guess I was always a bit of a rock/hippie chick at heart and just loved the idea of the freedom it can give...I know what Stargazer meant though and kinda means the same for me (except for the exercise part). Just love the whole 'hog' thing...guess if my life had been different, I would be riding on my own customised bike with tattoos etc...the whole lot!!! lol But then again...I was always too scared of my own shadow to try anything as adventurous so guess I am where I am meant to be now :)

Narnia
February 9th, 2009, 12:42 PM
I have always liked motorbikes etc since I was a kid and my youngest son John is the same way...guess I was always a bit of a rock/hippie chick at heart and just loved the idea of the freedom it can give...I know what Stargazer meant though and kinda means the same for me (except for the exercise part). Just love the whole 'hog' thing...guess if my life had been different, I would be riding on my own customised bike with tattoos etc...the whole lot!!! lol But then again...I was always too scared of my own shadow to try anything as adventurous so guess I am where I am meant to be now :)

That's cool and I understand where you're coming from!

If, I had to go for a motorbike, it would be a BMW! They are known for being comfy, they're smooth and purr like a kitten! :)
And, since we're talking bikes, it supposed to get really warm today here in Ct so, I think I may go for my bike ride, I don't have a road bike, I have a mountain bike, but I ride it like a road bike! My second passion in my life was to be a professional cyclist, it could still happen?!

But, I am still partial to cars! ;P

God's Toy
February 9th, 2009, 01:25 PM
hehehe...nice to know nothing changes GT!! Knew it would be your coffee maker...scary to think of you without that!!!! :laugh:

Hey Lorri! did i have that coffee maker last time you came to visit ?

lol if not the next time your here i have darn strong tasty Coffee for you! you won't sleep for a month!

Kiran
February 9th, 2009, 01:38 PM
No GT you didn't! You were waiting to get it but I will definitely try one of those next time I'm up there with you :D

SoulChild
February 9th, 2009, 03:26 PM

Cat

~ Tea or coffee?

hmm this is hard...I like most fruit but one of my favourites are pear

~ Motorbike or car?

Car

Music player of some sort.

Mr. Brightside
February 9th, 2009, 06:34 PM

Yep all the time

Does my bum look big in this?? - Nope
Did you enjoy your dinner??? - Delicious
You dont mind my mother coming for christmas do you?? - Not at all

Anything for an easy life :D

I Love both but at the moment its my immortal cat

~ Tea or coffee?

Yorkshire Tea Lass you cant beat it :) although I am partial to a nice Cappuccino

Bannanas (with cream or ice cream)

~ Motorbike or car?

I am more of a mountain bike person

My Ipod - because life needs a soundtrack

Kiran
February 10th, 2009, 08:04 AM

Cat

~ Tea or coffee?

hmm this is hard...I like most fruit but one of my favourites are pear

~ Motorbike or car?

Car

Music player of some sort.

Thanks for your comments Soulchild :) I noticed music is something most of us couldn't live without and I know I have to say that I am no different.

Kiran
February 10th, 2009, 08:05 AM

Yep all the time

Does my bum look big in this?? - Nope
Did you enjoy your dinner??? - Delicious
You dont mind my mother coming for christmas do you?? - Not at all

Anything for an easy life :D

I Love both but at the moment its my immortal cat

~ Tea or coffee?

Yorkshire Tea Lass you cant beat it :) although I am partial to a nice Cappuccino

Bannanas (with cream or ice cream)

~ Motorbike or car?

I am more of a mountain bike person

My Ipod - because life needs a soundtrack

Hmm...you just made me think of a banana split and how long its been since I had one!!! lol I love your honesty about lying...I think thats true for most of us ;)

Samael
February 13th, 2009, 06:19 PM

Don't really know. "Lie" is a very big term, so it depends on the person and what this "lie" would be.

Dog

~ Tea or coffee?

None actually, but I cling more to tea. Green tea. I like drinking it from time to time, nothing special. Green tea with jasmine.

Bananas, but I heard they are not actually fruits, so as a backup I go with oranges.

~ Motorbike or car?

Bike, bus, tram, walking :) I hate driving and don't have a license. I like to be driven.

What would qualify as a luxury these days ? Being able to drink clean water and eat every day, electricity, freedom to vote and lifestyle. Its all relative. I think I and well, all of us can learn to live with and without some things and its good to mix things around just to test yourself in a way. This question also brings me back to my 7th grade. It was a war time, a lot of us was in the shelter and while everyone was bringing blankets, food and some things they could later exchange for food if necessary, no one new what will happened next day I had my school books with me, I found them to be important for me at the moment. Foolish maybe, but helped later on :)

Narnia
February 13th, 2009, 06:41 PM

What would qualify as a luxury these days ? Being able to drink clean water and eat every day, electricity, freedom to vote and lifestyle. Its all relative. I think I and well, all of us can learn to live with and without some things and its good to mix things around just to test yourself in a way. This question also brings me back to my 7th grade. It was a war time, a lot of us was in the shelter and while everyone was bringing blankets, food and some things they could later exchange for food if necessary, no one new what will happened next day I had my school books with me, I found them to be important for me at the moment. Foolish maybe, but helped later on :)

Excellent point and thanks for your insight, my friend! :girl_yes3 (1):