PDA

View Full Version : Happy News!

Narnia
January 29th, 2009, 06:08 PM
I would like to recommend a new news source for all of you!

www.happynews.com

We have it set as our 'homepage' on the computer, so everytime we turn on the computer we see nothing, but good, positive, and happy news! It makes a serious difference starting your day! :)

Enjoy!

Mr. Brightside
January 29th, 2009, 11:22 PM
what a great idea for a web site, I belive there is too much bad news reported in the world and not enough positive stories to even out the balance..

A man called round my house once and asked if I wanted to subscibe to the local paper, He seemed shocked when I said no it is too depressing, He said he doesnt make up the stories they get reported as they happen, I told him the reporters should try and find some positive stories instead of focusing on the negative ones. He looked at me as if I was mad.

The news media seems to thrive on misery

There are some great stories on the site

Nice one Polly :thanks:

Stargazer
January 30th, 2009, 03:36 AM
Thanks for the site Polly...it's good and full of positive news :)

One good news says that ....A New Zealand reptile named Henry has become a dad at age 111. Henry is a tuatara. :yahoo:

God's Toy
January 30th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Ah yes this is a good fine indeed. Its always better to start your day with some good news, kinda sets you up for the day.

Nice find my friend.

Mr. Brightside
January 30th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the site Polly...it's good and full of positive news :)

One good news says that ....A New Zealand reptile named Henry has become a dad at age 111. Henry is a tuatara. :yahoo:

Good old Henry, a legend in his own lifetime :D

Narnia
January 30th, 2009, 12:10 PM
....One good news says that ....A New Zealand reptile named Henry has become a dad at age 111. Henry is a tuatara. :yahoo:

Good old Henry, a legend in his own lifetime :D

Oh, you guys are too much! :biggrin :laugh:

There was a fabulous article in Happy News months ago, about a husband and wife scientist team, who received a $800,000. grant for their scientific research in cancer. This scientific couple believes based upon their research, that there is a cure for cancer that can be found in man-made hazardous waste lakes.

Well, they love each other and their work so much, that they decided to move to a hazardous waste lake location somewhere in one of the Western states of the US. They are also happy about 'going green' as well, because as they put it..."We get to walk to work"....as they live just a mile or so from a hazardous waste lake.

Anyway, their findings are quite interesting....apparently, these hazardous waste lakes have evolved and are creating their own eco-system(s) of sorts, but on a microbe level. It's in these new found microbes that this couple hopes to find in their research a definite cure for fighting cancer.

I wish them the absolute best in their findings! :)

userid7
March 22nd, 2009, 10:27 AM
Personally I couldn't stand waking up to the morning radio news, and if
I went to sleep with the radio on, I would always wake up depressed,
good news we all need more of it aye :)

Peace and Love,
DangerBird.

Rana
April 22nd, 2009, 03:14 AM
what a nice idea ..its always imporatnt to keep in touch with the truth in the world but i think stuff like this gets lost in between and its enlightening to get the right perspective on it all ..thanks polly ..