PDA

View Full Version : Quality

Logio
January 22nd, 2009, 01:26 AM
http://ocw.mit.edu/NR/rdonlyres/A166EB14-E7FD-473F-98FB-741A9817540C/0/chp_triangle.jpg

Define quality without referring to the the dictionary.

Narnia
January 22nd, 2009, 03:55 PM
Great Topic Nathan!! :girl_yes3 (1):

Hmm, when I think of quality, I think of two things mainly; one: relationships with people, *i.e. between friends, family, business partners, etc* and two: the way things are made, *i.e. cars, music, art, clocks, clothes, life, etc*

So, the words that come to my mind that define 'Quality', without using my beloved dictionary are....

1. Lasting.
2. Substance.
3. Unwavering.
4. Impressionable.
5. Consistent.
6. Unmeasured.
7. Constant.
8. Excellence.

And, of course my post is subject to change, because I'll indefinitely think of something else and afterall, I do want to have a quality post, he-he! ....:)

Stargazer
January 22nd, 2009, 05:13 PM
Firstly i wonder what prompted you to start this thread Mr.Nathan :)....Well anyway this is how i describe the word 'Quality' ....

"Any substance that is totally efficient and worthy of it's existence can be regarded as of superior quality "

SoulChild
January 22nd, 2009, 05:23 PM
"A quality associate" - Someone who comes to work ready, willing, and able to do the job with passion and pride. One cares about the ethics of the company, the privacy of the customers, and simpathetic to co-workers.

"quality music" - Enigma...because the artist takes time to put feeling into the music, puts passion, and spirituality into the music. Puts emotion and mystery into the music. Not just empty words.

..........umm, I'll probably think of more later.....:pilot:

Narnia
January 22nd, 2009, 05:32 PM
...Firstly i wonder what prompted you to start this thread Mr. Nathan :)....

Actually, I was wondering the same thing! :)

Mr. Brightside
January 22nd, 2009, 06:52 PM
Something that makes an impression and is lasting, either physically or mentally

Logio
January 23rd, 2009, 12:57 AM
Actually, I was wondering the same thing! :)

I just got finished reading Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, by Robert M. Pirsig

"Quality," or "value," as described by Pirsig, cannot be defined because it empirically precedes any intellectual constructions."

-Persig.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metaphysics_of_Quality

Persig posed this question to a class and they became outraged:

"What is Quality?" or the statement: "Define Quality?"

I got some very good answers here. I suppose there cannot be one objective definition of quality....perhaps a lot of words such as 'love' connotes an ideal have the same trait.

Your Liege,

Nathan

Samael
January 23rd, 2009, 05:53 AM
Apple :)

Oh please, like none expected me to say this :gathering: :hi: :) lol

Logio
January 24th, 2009, 12:57 AM
http://www.cyber-swift.com/img/quality.jpg

Quality must be a subjective reflection of an objective reality....of course I cannot prove this.

Nathan

p.s. I know, I am such a nerd.

Narnia
January 24th, 2009, 12:30 PM
...p.s. I know, I am such a nerd...

Yes, and that's why we love you! :girl_yes3 (1):

ps: Nathan, that is a terrific image find by the way!

God's Toy
January 24th, 2009, 04:04 PM
www.mysteriouswisdom.com :girl_yes3 (1):

Logio
January 25th, 2009, 04:34 AM
Yes, and that's why we love you! :girl_yes3 (1):

ps: Nathan, that is a terrific image find by the way!

That's why I love my friends here at Mysterious Wisdom. ;)