PDA

View Full Version : 2 0 0 9

Mr. Brightside
January 6th, 2009, 03:22 PM
What do you hope happens in 2009, Personally, Politically, musically, at the movies anything, These are a few things I hope happens..

The current economic crisis hits its peak and the economy starts recovering.

Obama lives up to the hope people have in him to make a change in the US and the rest of the world.

The new U2 album No Line on the Horizon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U2%27s_twelfth_studio_album) is as good as Achtung Baby or The Joshua Tree.

Battlestar Galactica finishes with a bang.

The new Red Dwarf is so good The BBC decide to bring it back.

The new Star Trek movie is better than everyone thinks it will be.

Summer comes early ;)

Kiran
January 6th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Hmm...good thread.

- Hope we get a real summer again!
- Hope we all remain healthy and happy
- Hope my friends and family come through the financial turbulence ok
- Hope true peace grows throughout
- Hope people cop on a bit to whats real out there and get their priorities right!
Probably have loads more to add....:)

Mr. Brightside
January 6th, 2009, 07:03 PM
I hope the war in the Gaza strip ends soon, too many innocent people are dying on both sides.

I hope there is somewhere left to shop by the end of 2009 :blink:

Narnia
January 6th, 2009, 09:20 PM
- Hope, that Barack Obama and his team, have a successful first year in office!!
- Hope, to never see ol' bushy bush in the news!
- Hope, more 'Go Green' action(s) are taken by more people!
- Hope, that Mysterious Wisdom continues to do well!
- Hope, that this financial crisis can be resolved soon!
- Hope, that this year is successful for my art!
- Hope, that my dear Paul is able to find work! (he's going a little 'stir-crazy' as he likes to say!)
- Hope, that the Gaza strip becomes an 'International Park' that way...everyone can enjoy it! :)

Hmmm, great thread Sean! And, I, like Lorri could add tons more hopefull things for this year!

Mr. Brightside
January 7th, 2009, 02:45 PM
- Hope we all remain healthy and happy

I hope so too, Thats the most important thing

- Hope, that Mysterious Wisdom continues to do well!

- Hope, that my dear Paul is able to find work! (he's going a little 'stir-crazy' as he likes to say!)

I am sure MW will do well especially with such chatty and knowledgeable people on board :)

I hope does Paul finds work, Its hard out there at the moment but if he keeps positive I am sure he will, I wish him well.

Narnia
January 7th, 2009, 03:18 PM
...I hope does Paul finds work, Its hard out there at the moment but if he keeps positive I am sure he will, I wish him well...

:thanks: Sean, for your well wishes for Paul! Paul is very good at maintaining a positive attitude at all times, it's very impressive! :)

SoulChild
January 7th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Most of my hopes for this year may appear to seem selfish...

I hope I do well in school
I hope my children do well in school
I hope I do well at work
I hope my husband do well at work
... I think I am kind of boring in this thread?:yawn:

Mr. Brightside
January 7th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Not at all Elizabeth, Thats just natural, I have a lot of high hopes for myself and my family this year also..

I hope my son continues to do well at university and my daughter finds somebody who will love her as much as we do.

I also hope I can finally finally quit smoking for good..

I also hope they bring back Abbey Crunch biscuits, god how I miss them :D

patrik.
January 7th, 2009, 11:21 PM
I don't know why but during NYE it felt like 2009 arrived with a lot of good energy. I hope this year will bring happiness to everyone in here (and outside MW too btw :D).

Apart from that I wish I have the chance to see, for me, new parts of the world.

Narnia
January 8th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Not at all Elizabeth, Thats just natural, I have a lot of high hopes for myself and my family this year also..

I absolutely agree with you Sean,.....SoulChild, your hopes are not the least bit selfish! :) Well, at least I don't think so!

I hope my son continues to do well at university and my daughter finds somebody who will love her as much as we do.

Spoken, like a true parent! :)

I also hope I can finally finally quit smoking for good..

Well, you have my 100% support! I wish, my darling Paul would quit too! :)

I also hope they bring back Abbey Crunch biscuits, god how I miss them :D

I love, how you love the simple pleasures in life! :)

Mr. Brightside
January 8th, 2009, 07:48 PM
I love, how you love the simple pleasures in life! :)

I know, I think im getting old Polly ;) soon all I will need is a bobble hat and one of those funny knitted blankets with psychedelic squares :D (I wonder if old people have them the world over mmm)

Samael
January 9th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Happy New Year Everyone ! :)

You never know about these things, but I hope that more people will start using their brains more and really start thinking about "things".. Everything else will come in place naturally after this :)