PDA

View Full Version : The Ghandarva Experience

planetlove
January 2nd, 2009, 02:34 AM
Hello All...
My mum has this Cd..
I listened to it a few times in the last few days
Its truly an experience i want to share with you all..
I copied this review from amazon....i thought it said what needs to be said about this CD....
If you have some time do get this....CD

http://www.amazon.com/The-Ghandarva-Experience/dp/B0002I5RBW

This is just a fantastic CD! The chant is moving and when used as a meditation it will send you places. You get four tracks on this disc:

1. History & Context
2. The Chant of the Archangels & the Calling of the Sacred Names
3. Ghandarvic Harmonic Choir
4. The 23rd Psalm

The first track gives a background for the cd and gives you a little bit of detail as to the entire process that unfolds during the disc. Tom goes on a bit much and you will find yourself only listening to track one once.

The next three tracks are the actual meditation/chant. In track two Tom chants various names of Light Beings (from ALL religions) that bring peace and divine love to humanity. I always envision this track as Tom putting out a call to all these great Avatars, Archangels, Devas, Saints, and Aspects of God. When they hear this call they all start to come into your space.

I have played this cd among friends and during meditation circles and people often remark how "full" the room becomes during track 02. Usually there are only 3 to 10 actual people in the room. So it does a good job inviting Spirit and the Divine into your space. During this track some people have even remarked to me that they heard the sounds of wings or feathers rustling - suggesting that Angels are in the space. Some feel what they describe as soft kisses on their checks, possibly from Fairies or Cherubs. Others smell flowers - especially roses and often various smells that remind them of a loved one who has departed. Most people will feel a wave of energy (usually experienced as a tingle) flow down or up their spine when a particular name is chanted. It might be beneficial to use Doreen Virtue's Saints & Angels Card Deck or her Archangels & Ascended Masters Card Deck or Book to look up the name that sung when a particular reaction happened in your being. That might be a neat way to receive some Divine Guidance.

On track 03 Tom and a choir of people sing a simple tone (Ahhhhhhhh) as a way to give thanks to these beings that have gathered or shared their presence in this meditation and throughout your life. You also give thanks for their services to humanity. I recommend actually toning or singing this part if that's possible - especially if you have a large group of people! The energy created is amazing and has moved people to tears, along with various positive physical changes in their bodies/beings. Most people feel happier (like a weight has been lifted of their chest/shoulders). Some feel a deeper connection with the Divine. Some even feel like a major stresser/illness/disease has passed from the bodies or lives. Those are individual experience that are often tied to each person's faith and belief system. The cd isn't intended to create a particular effect and in no way am I saying it cures illnesses. I'm just saying that people have a deep personal experience while listening to this cd, for some it can be like going to a faith healer or spiritual revival.

Track 04 is an awesome toned version of the 23rd Psalm. Not being of any particular faith, but a mixture of a bunch of religions, I still find myself deeply moved by this track. It can be used together with the other two meditation tracks (tracks 02 & 03) as a perfect way to end your meditation session - it is like acknowledging that these various Spiritual Beings/Essences will continue to walk among us in our lives. Or you can just use this track by itself as a prayer, blessings or way to remember those who have passed on in physical form.

Like I said, overall this is an amazing cd and meditative experience. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to have a deep, moving spiritual experience. The only thing that caused me to give this CD 4 out of 5 stars is that track 02 & 03 could of been Mastered at a slightly higher quality. I'm not sure if the sound is a result of Tom having sung this at a particular location that didn't lend itself to a higher recording quality or what. But I would love for him to reissue a remastered or new version that's of a better quality.

I have used this cd for my personal & during public meditations, to clear spaces of negative energy (since you're calling in all these Light Beings a clearing of any and all darkness is forced to transmute or move on), as a way to give thanks for all that I have been blessed with in life, during times of sadness or when I miss somebody, or just as background sound when working on various projects (spiritual paintings, when doing tarot readings, setting up a new altar, and much more). If you have a chance to purchase this cd, get it! Since Tom chants/calls the names of so many different Spiritual Beings it has a wide appeal to everyone of every faith. Devout Catholics, Fundamentalist Christians, Buddhists, Pagans, Hindus, and more will gain something from this cd.

It truly exemplifies the saying: "There are many paths, but only one destination!"

Rana
January 17th, 2009, 09:24 AM
thanks for this ..i love it ..beautiful and very unifying ..trance like even ..

planetlove
January 18th, 2009, 10:19 PM
glad you liked this CD ...
I love it also ...
V

planetlove
April 25th, 2009, 01:52 AM
thanks for this ..i love it ..beautiful and very unifying ..trance like even ..

Did you go out of your way to get this disc..Just curious.....?
I have been using it daily in the last few days.....
V