PDA

View Full Version : Writing a Book

Samael
December 30th, 2008, 04:20 PM
This idea has been on my mind for a while now, but I only recently got courage to say it out loud. I still have no idea what it will be about or anything else for that matter. Only thing I know for sure is that it will be a novel and possibly a horror novel. I may also make some artwork for it myself, but this is also just idea at the moment. I also don't know will I write in my own language or English.

This is one of those things that happens or not in a few years and I just wanet to share idea with everyone. Even then, its very hard to publish anything, so we'll see what happens :) I will possibly post about this soon when and if I do something about this :D

mary
December 30th, 2008, 04:33 PM
I hope you find the inspiration to start your book, everything begins with an idea and you already have one... so it's a good thing :girl_yes3 (1):.

Mr. Brightside
January 2nd, 2009, 07:35 PM
Hey go for it Sam, even if only you ever read it, It would still give you great satisfaction I would have thought and who knows it could get published, You could be the next Stephen King :) I used to love Horror novels, especially books by James Herbert or Shaun Huston

Narnia
January 8th, 2009, 08:43 PM
I totally agree with Mary and Sean!

Hey, if you've got the idea and dream to see it happen, you should totally go for it!

My advice/encourgaement:

First decide on the language, because that'll help you when it comes time in chosing a publisher! Keep a little notebook with you at all times, so even if you're away from your computer you can write down your ideas. When you have enough ideas, organize them and formulate a storyline. Fine tune the storyline. Then write, write, write, and when you're finished, give your mind time to rest, so when you come back to it you'll see if it needs anything or if it doesn't. You'll know when you ready to find a publisher. Don't be afraid to go looking for a (later edit) > good publisher, and don't get discouraged if you're rejected by your first choice, there are plenty of publishers out there. It's a matter of finding the right market for your work! :) (later edit) > I recommend, writing it ion English, only you may have more options at hand in finding a good publisher...maybe in the UK or here in the US...?

But, I bet you would have more success finding an eager publisher, if you included your own artwork into your novel...it makes the work a little more complete...because the written content will have your own imagery.

So, I say go for it! Give your 100% and surprise yourself with own your capabilities! :)

Good Luck my friend! Keep us posted, okay!

God's Toy
January 8th, 2009, 08:56 PM
If you remember Gen's friend and EMB member 'Poefan' (Sam) did at least one book, If you want some pointers I'm sure he would be willing to help.

Best of luck with it al the same.

:girl_yes3 (1):

Samael
January 9th, 2009, 10:11 PM
I totally agree with Mary and Sean!

Hey, if you've got the idea and dream to see it happen, you should totally go for it!

My advice/encourgaement:

First decide on the language, because that'll help you when it comes time in chosing a publisher! Keep a little notebook with you at all times, so even if you're away from your computer you can write down your ideas. When you have enough ideas, organize them and formulate a storyline. Fine tune the storyline. Then write, write, write, and when you're finished, give your mind time to rest, so when you come back to it you'll see if it needs anything or if it doesn't. You'll know when you ready to find a publisher. Don't be afraid to go looking and don't get discouraged if you're by your first choice, there are plenty of publishers out there. It's a matter of finding the right market for your work! :)

But, I bet you would have more success finding an eager publisher, if you included your own artwork into your novel...it makes the work a little more complete...because the written content will have your own imagery.

So, I say go for it! Give your 100% and surprise yourself with own your capabilities! :)

Good Luck my friend! Keep us posted, okay!

Thank you :) Sounds like you did this before ?

Narnia
January 10th, 2009, 12:19 AM
Thank you :) Sounds like you did this before ?

I have, but with a totally different medium (painting) and venue (galleries). The game plan and tactics are more-or-less, the same. :)

Later Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot to add, also, don't be afraid to ask for help if you feel need it at any point!

I've been told, the placing of the climax in a book is key too, obviously it would be towards the end. If you're planning on a grand finale type of climax, it's best to build it up to it....like having a couple mini climaxes in front of your grand finale. You can have fun and mix-up the grandeur of the mini climaxes. Like, big mini climax, smaller mini climax, and grand finale climax or small mini climax, big mini climax, and grand finale climax! :)

Well, these are just thoughts of mine, take it or leave it. Good Luck! :signsHF:

Samael
January 11th, 2009, 06:21 PM
I have, but with a totally different medium (painting) and venue (galleries). The game plan and tactics are more-or-less, the same. :)

Later Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot to add, also, don't be afraid to ask for help if you feel need it at any point!

I've been told, the placing of the climax in a book is key too, obviously it would be towards the end. If you're planning on a grand finale type of climax, it's best to build it up to it....like having a couple mini climaxes in front of your grand finale. You can have fun and mix-up the grandeur of the mini climaxes. Like, big mini climax, smaller mini climax, and grand finale climax or small mini climax, big mini climax, and grand finale climax! :)

Well, these are just thoughts of mine, take it or leave it. Good Luck! :signsHF:

Definitely taking :) I decided on a few things already. Language will be English, for a few at the moment not interesting reasons and there will be artwork for sure.

Narnia
January 11th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Cool! I am glad there was something helpful in there for you!

Well, good luck again and remember to keep us up-dated on your progression! :girl_yes3 (1):

Rana
January 17th, 2009, 09:19 AM
hello .. i keep seeing mazes .. could that be a mystery ? could it be a modern swing on the old "pick a path" bok with an interactive cd rom ? with maybe a game attatched ? like dungeons and dragons but thats at the end of the pick a path thing ? (geez what comes out of my brain sometimes!!) any way whatever you do youll do great ..

little bird
January 18th, 2009, 11:14 PM
I've always wanted to write a book but I don't know what it would be about. I think I'll probably do it one day. I hope so anyway.

It takes a lot of courage to do it. I wish you the best of luck and I look forward to reading it!

Samael
January 23rd, 2009, 05:41 AM
hello .. i keep seeing mazes .. could that be a mystery ? could it be a modern swing on the old "pick a path" bok with an interactive cd rom ? with maybe a game attatched ? like dungeons and dragons but thats at the end of the pick a path thing ? (geez what comes out of my brain sometimes!!) any way whatever you do youll do great ..

I started thinking about a horror novel, but knowing me and my process of thinking it might end up as a fairytale book for children :D

Thanks everyone for being supper supportive :) I already wrote down a few sentences. Just some random words I like that came to my mind and even made a FOLDER and for me this is a quantum leap :)