PDA

View Full Version : The divided brain

BlueStar
March 12th, 2013, 07:27 PM
A fascinating video that packs a huge amount into 10 minutes - with profound implications for us individually and as a society. Well worth watching

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFs9WO2B8uI

Narnia
March 12th, 2013, 11:30 PM
May I share this video (which is 20 mins) on the brain, both left and right, as more food for thought ...

(This video actually got me teary near the end .... )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyyjU8fzEYU

BlueStar
March 21st, 2013, 09:01 PM
Thanks Polly, I've seen this vid before (I think I maybe posted it before?) - I remember reading Jill's book a few years back, what an amazing experience and story! Still stunned by it :)

Narnia
March 22nd, 2013, 02:03 PM
Thanks Polly, I've seen this vid before (I think I maybe posted it before?) - I remember reading Jill's book a few years back, what an amazing experience and story! Still stunned by it :)

Yes, I too, saw this video a while back, but it was through another online media source ... but I know what you mean ... she was very, very fortunate to have been able to fully recover from her stroke. I think with her sense of wonder and natural curious mind and amazement at her own experience is what keep connected to the Universe. I'm so happy she was able to delivered her message and in the setting of TED. And her message just echos and makes my being resonate ...

The video you posted and the one I posted, makes me wonder if people (as a collective whole) will ever 'get it', will ever wake-up and actually be able to reach our true potential of being the beautiful Beings of Light that we are ... it makes me wonder if we can ever overcome the current state of our societies; the over-population, the government systems, the lack of education, the greed, the etc's ... all of that, that get in the way of our reaching our true capabilities of will power to embrace ourselves and each other ... and to allow ourselves happiness, individually and collectively.

It just makes me wonder so much ....

Here is some more food for thought that goes with the divided brain ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbp6umQT58A

planetlove
April 27th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Thanks for sharing !!!....

Narnia
April 28th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Just a quick thought on the suject before I forget ...

I think one of the other reasons why we are in a constant state 'tug of war' with ourselves so to speak ... is because everyday when we're faced with our options in decision making we wrestle with our instincts and the parameters of man-made society - which can often be at times rather conflicting - hence the divided brain.

Lion Spirit Walker
May 11th, 2013, 10:56 PM
'Between mind and heart.'

Narnia
May 12th, 2013, 01:56 PM
'Between mind and heart.'

Exactly!

Lion Spirit Walker
May 22nd, 2013, 01:40 AM
There is so very much that can be discussed and shared regarding this topic that doing so would truly expand our vision.
Just taking it simply as the individual and the collective. The subject and it's related subjects open many more doors than we find in day to day living. Yet it's exactly that, living.

Lion Spirit Walker
May 23rd, 2013, 01:55 AM
One part allows us to experience tears of joy. One part allows us to experience tears of sorrow. And yet both parts are one in the same.
A simple passing thought.