PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Martyn Woolley.

Narnia
January 10th, 2013, 12:50 PM
It is with a heavy heart which I share some very sad news.

This morning while on FB,
I discovered that the creator of the beloved
EnigmaMusic.com
and the former
Enigma Message Board.
Martyn Woolley
has passed away.

Details are still unclear at the moment.

I, myself, did not know Martyn all that well,
but it was he who brought Enigma fans
from around the World together
which I am eternally grateful for.

May his family and friends find
peace and comfort in each other
during this time of transition.

Martyn, may your Spirit be free.

With deep Respect and Appreciation.

Le Roi est Mort, VIVE Le Roi.

mary
January 10th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Sad news indeed, may his soul rest in peace.

Narnia
January 10th, 2013, 06:33 PM
As quoted from a friend on Facebook ...

"Apparently he passed away a while ago, here is what we found; Martyn Woolley - 56 6/29/1956 - 10/29/2012.

Martyn Woolley, 56, passed away peacefully at his residence Monday, October 29, 2012 following an extended illness. Martyn had Adrenal Cortical Cancer (This is a a very rare cancer - in fact only 200-300 people in 1 million have this. No long term cure for this cancer.) since 2010-2011 and he was under treatment for a long time. He wanted to keep this as extremely private and he only shared this with the close friends only.

He was born June 29, 1956 in Surrey, UK the son of Geoffery and Norma Woolley. Martyn and his family moved to New Jersey in 1987 and lived there for the following seven years until moving to Yorktown, IN in 1994. He was employed by Mid-West Metal Products and worked as an Operations Manager. Martyn enjoyed listening to music, watching and playing soccer, technology and above all, spending time with his grandchildren.

Survivors include his wife of thirty-five years, Judith; two daughters, Lisa Haughn (husband, Brian), Anderson, and Kerry Erickson (husband, Mark), Carmel; four grandchildren, Andrew, Abigail, Nicholas and Hailey; his parents, Geoffery and Norma; one sister, Elaine Rutterford (husband, Paul); several nieces, nephews and cousins."

God's Toy
January 10th, 2013, 06:59 PM
It very much saddens me to read this news, as most of you know Martyn and I had a didn't end things on the best of terms but without him letting me help out on as a moderator all those all those years ago I never would have become the EMB owner and definitely never got started in websites of my own and so MW would not be here today... It's funny how things work out some times.
Yes we hit some bumps along the way but in the end I think you will all agree, we had a wonderful site to be proud off! It so saddens me to see it's become a shell of it's former self and if only to remember and honour his memory I would still like to help out today, if only I could...

I wish peace and love to the remaining survivors and pray that Martyn will always Rest In Peace.

Peter
Sumedha

Mr B
January 10th, 2013, 10:48 PM
This is really sad news. May he rest in peace.

inutero
January 11th, 2013, 04:48 AM
I am forever grateful for the wonderful people that I met through Enigmamusic.com! And although I might not spend as much time on here as I would like I am without words for the people I have gotten to know on a more personal level through this site. Thank you Martyn and thank you Peter for this site!

Narnia
January 11th, 2013, 12:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtsZtFiIATA

What started it all!!

:two hearts:

Anjou
January 19th, 2013, 11:53 PM
I was unfamiliar with Martyn Woolley before reading of his loss here, but I have great appreciation for how he managed to enrich the lives of so many. May his continuing journey be greater than his earthly preparation.

SoulChild
January 26th, 2013, 11:07 PM
I have heard of the news a while ago, but have not been able to send my condolences although he and his family have been in my thoughts and prayers. May he rest in peace! and I am very thankful that I found the Enigmamusicmessageboard because through that site I have become good friends with many and have held on to those friendships. All the friendships I have made through Enigmamusic and MysteriousWisdom has always been important and very deer to my heart!

Krash
January 27th, 2013, 01:37 AM
Yes it is very sad to hear of Martyn passing away. I was quite shocked by his death.

Martyn was great in that, besides starting the Enigmamusic.com site, he always had a way with the members. Whenever there was an argument, disagreement, or flat out freak out he always calmly walked into it and dealt with things in a very professional manner. I always appreciated him as a friend there and I am sorry that I lost touch with him.

I know Onur is having a hard time with it as they were close. Peter I know that you two had your differences but frankly I think that you both helped each other out a lot to create a very cool EMB. Yes it is sad that it is the way it is, but the memories of where it was when it started, where it was when I joined in 1999, and where it went when you took over will always be a part of me.

I am thankful for having known Martyn and pray for peace, rest, and God's comfort on his family.

God's Toy
January 27th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Nice to see you once more Rick,

Yes I agree with you, we didn't always see eye to eye on everything but for the most part we just got on with it and worked away on our own parts of the site, this worked out best for all of us. We had a good thing going in the good ole days and well... it went the way it went.

I see the sites domain has run out too, could just be a temp thing, I mean I hope this was/is a glitch only as I was under the impression he had sold it on to Enigma guys but perhaps I'm wrong.
Would love to help with out if I could... In fact: EVERYONE from the enigmamusic.com is more than welcome to post here on www.MysteriousWisdom.com, no matter who they were back then, we have many members from there with us and we have let the past be the past, have moved on and gotten over ourselves. Suppose right now MW is the only real fragment of the EMB still online so our doors are always open.

Narnia
January 27th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Martyn's passing is still rather upsetting and it is compounded with the fact that www.enigmamusic.com is no more - it's just gone ...

A place I and many others went to for years to get all of the Enigma news/updates and where I would lurk in the EMB as a non-member for years.

BlueStar
January 28th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Sad to hear this, although we all have our time to return home. Hardest for those left behind. And also sad that Enigmamusic is no more, even though it's not a place I ever really visited now, I have many happy memories and it did of course bring our family together. Here's to Martyn and his legacy :) :two hearts:

God's Toy
February 1st, 2013, 06:46 AM
Just an update: The website is back up.

Narnia
February 1st, 2013, 01:33 PM
Just an update: The website is back up.

Well, that's an interesting turn of events ... Hm? Wonder what's going on with the screen behind the mirror? (by the way, I've always wanted to know the meaning of that Enigma album title!!)

Silverleaf
April 21st, 2013, 10:56 PM
Thats very sad, The Emb was a path most of us tread to reach here and a very pleasent one it was for a while..

My heart goes out to his family

R.I.P Martyn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySQlx5zJA_A

Soup
October 20th, 2013, 11:39 PM
I'd like to add my late condolences to Martin's family & friends. I didn't know Martin well, except through enigmamusic.com. I admire him for his role in creating a great community for those who listen to ethereal and world-fusion music. Like many of the rest of you, I was very surprised to hear about his passing some months ago. It was sad to see that a large part of the site stopped functioning, and didn't appear it was going to be fixed. So I was happy to discover that the EMB and part of Martin is still alive here with MW.

-soup

God's Toy
October 21st, 2013, 12:06 AM
Nice to see you here Soup,

I'm pleased that more EMB members find our new home.
Hope life's been good to you and your doing well.

Hopefully your arrival will bring some of the older members out from the woodwork to say hi. The forum has been sleepy as of late but it was the very same on the EMB all the years ago.

It's sad to see enigma music being a shadow of its former self, pages not updated, from dead... Lets hpoe more family members find they're way here and we can continue here what we had there...

Welcome to MW my friend, maybe you will find your place and post with us often.

Peter

Narnia
October 21st, 2013, 01:10 AM
Hey there Soup!

It's wonderful to have you here in the land of MW ... you'll be pleased to know the same warm heartbeat that pulsed through in the EMB, is pulsing here though faint at the moment, but it's here!! So, really it's a matter of welcoming you home!! Anyhoo, please forgive me, if I can't recall exactly who you are, but then again I joined the EMB during its twilight, I can't remember how active you were then - my username was Sphinx, if that rings a bell for you, then great, if not ... no worries, there is plenty of time to get acquainted!

Well, it's a pleasure to have you here and please feel free to post as much as you want ... perhaps you'll find some topics of interest and perhaps share some tunes with us as well!!

Cheers, ~ Polly ~