PDA

View Full Version : The Tarot

Logio
December 17th, 2008, 04:51 AM
Anyone else here into Tarot? I have found it to be a great meditational device to get attuned with my soul. I have found a Tarot Deck called 'The Grand Etteilla Deck', to which I have been instantly attracted. It may seem an user friendly deck, but I like it for its artwork. Please share a favorite deck or disscussion on the matter. Card for 'The Emperor':

http://gfx.tarot.com/images/decks/etteilla/full_size/4.jpg

Your Liege,

Nathan

Kiran
December 17th, 2008, 08:31 AM
I have afew different sets and I prefer them to the traditional tarot though...that does nothing for me.
Yes, I like the artwork too on this honey and its always best to go for whatever you are drawn to.

I have the Celtic Tarot (trees based one - yeah I know its really me eh? lol), Doreen Virtues Angel Tarot, Brian Frouds Fairy Tarot, Inner Child Cards, Dragon Cards etc...
I use frequently to help me make a decision when I need a bit of verification. I love them and they really become like special friends :)

Rana
December 19th, 2008, 05:10 AM
hi ..im not guided to use cards , although i have been read by people who incorporate cards in to their reading and its always a useful tool , im told for some with tarot cards they are again the channel and they are guided to select certain cards and they communicate the information to the person beaing read ..there are so many beautiful illustrations on cards ..

Lotus Flower
January 11th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Hi

I have used Tarot for quite a few years and have done reading for friend and they have came back to me and said I was right

My Youngest daughter Erica was into the cards 1st and I read them when I need a answer from deep inside myself
Will give you a laught about a spread I did on myseld.

Was dating and he was become distant and pulled a card which show 2 hearts split .

What I read from it he was dating someone else I confronted him and I was right so bye bye he went.

Take Care

The cards are the answer already inside waiting to come out

userid7
January 16th, 2009, 06:42 PM
I had a very good book called "The witches Tarot", it explained very
fully and simply how the Tarot parralells the ancient Jewish Kabala,
It cleared up alot of mysteries for me, and I learned alot about both,
Would recommend it, if you are interested in either of these.
Peace and Love,
DangerBird.

userid7
January 29th, 2009, 03:14 PM
There is a computer tarot system, it currently has 300 decks...
I only found a demo, but just the art work would be worth it,
so still searching

LovePeaceandFreedom

DangerBird

EDIT:
http://freeware.esoterica.free.fr/html/cardpage.html

very good freeware site for tarot, runes, ect.

Kiran
January 31st, 2009, 09:22 PM
I love the Ogham stuff...irish druidic writing and very similar to runes.

Logio
February 1st, 2009, 04:33 AM
There is a computer tarot system, it currently has 300 decks...
I only found a demo, but just the art work would be worth it,
so still searching

LovePeaceandFreedom

DangerBird

EDIT:
http://freeware.esoterica.free.fr/html/cardpage.html

very good freeware site for tarot, runes, ect.

Thank you, DangerBird! This will give me a chance to brush up on the Tarot.

Your Liege,

Nathan

Kiran
February 1st, 2009, 09:03 AM
Yes interesting link DB! Thanks honey.

Logio
February 3rd, 2009, 01:30 AM
http://www.flarn.com/~warlock/tarot/

http://www.flarn.com/~warlock/tarot/catpeople/9.jpg

You are The Hermit
Prudence, Caution, Deliberation.

The Hermit points to all things hidden, such as knowledge and inspiration,hidden enemies. The illumination is from within, and retirement from participation in current events.

The Hermit is a card of introspection, analysis and, well, virginity. You do not desire to socialize; the card indicates, instead, a desire for peace and solitude. You prefer to take the time to think, organize, ruminate, take stock. There may be feelings of frustration and discontent but these feelings eventually lead to enlightenment, illumination, clarity.

The Hermit represents a wise, inspirational person, friend, teacher, therapist. This a person who can shine a light on things that were previously mysterious and confusing.

Your Liege,

Nathan

Kiran
February 3rd, 2009, 08:57 AM
I got the Lovers! Hmm...agree with this to some extent....

You are The Lovers
Motive, power, and action, arising from Inspiration and Impulse.

The Lovers represents intuition and inspiration. Very often a choice needs to be made.
Originally, this card was called just LOVE. And that's actually more apt than "Lovers." Love follows in this sequence of growth and maturity. And, coming after the Emperor, who is about control, it is a radical change in perspective. LOVE is a force that makes you choose and decide for reasons you often can't understand; it makes you surrender control to a higher power. And that is what this card is all about. Finding something or someone who is so much a part of yourself, so perfectly attuned to you and you to them, that you cannot, dare not resist. This card indicates that the you have or will come across a person, career, challenge or thing that you will fall in love with. You will know instinctively that you must have this, even if it means diverging from your chosen path. No matter the difficulties, without it you will never be complete.

Lotus Flower
February 5th, 2009, 12:16 AM
Hi

Got the Lovers also:Hbounce:signsHF:

Rana
February 5th, 2009, 05:59 AM

what a fluke !! priestess nahh not me ..

Kiran
February 5th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Oh yes Rana!!!! :worship:worship:worship I would have seen that as very apt with your wise words and gentle ways :)
HUGS

Just as a matter of interest...I did this again and changed a couple of my answers and still got the Lovers!!! Wow!! Hmm...curiouser and curiouser!!

Narnia
February 5th, 2009, 01:38 PM
http://www.flarn.com/~warlock/tarot/catpeople/21.jpg

You are the World

Completion, Good Reward.

The World is the final card of the Major Arcana, and as such represents saturnian energies, time, and completion.

The World card pictures a dancer in a Yoni (sometimes made of laurel leaves). The Yoni symbolizes the great Mother, the cervix through which everything is born, and also the doorway to the next life after death. It is indicative of a complete circle. Everything is finally coming together, successfully and at last. You will get that Ph.D. you've been working for years to complete, graduate at long last, marry after a long engagement, or finish that huge project. This card is not for little ends, but for big ones, important ones, ones that come with well earned cheers and acknowledgements. Your hard work, knowledge, wisdom, patience, etc, will absolutely pay-off; you've done everything right.

Hmmm? Interesting? According to the book The Secret Language of Birthdays...the tarot card I am 'supposed' to have is the Hanged Man?

Will65
February 7th, 2009, 05:57 AM
I was the hanged Man!!.Very interesting.I have no knowledge of Tarot.Funny though,we went into a shop today that sold Tarot cards and all the like.I bought a beautiful figure of a Dark angel(Mystic girl with sword in a skull)It just appealed to us both.Is it better to read about it before trying.:thanks:

Lotus Flower
February 7th, 2009, 08:34 AM
:Hbounce:reading
Hi Will65 I think you can be many people within the tarrot cards its all about what energy you are giving out at that moment.

Myself I believe that I am the priestess just something deep inside always wanted to be part of somethink.

As a young girl wanted to be a nun or a priest but way back in my time here in Ireland you had to have money to be a nun . I always wanted to serve the Divine. As a catholic then could not be a priest.

But found what i was through Wicca and felt that I have came home.

It just fun just enjoy but it good to get to know your card feel them look at them get to know them.

And see what message they will give you I normally ask my guides angels what ever you are into to come in and give a hand.

The answers are inside but don't get bogged down with it when I was new to them drove myself ga ga trying to find answer.

:blink::two hearts::two hearts::two hearts:

Kiran
February 7th, 2009, 07:41 PM
I was the hanged Man!!.Very interesting.I have no knowledge of Tarot.Funny though,we went into a shop today that sold Tarot cards and all the like.I bought a beautiful figure of a Dark angel(Mystic girl with sword in a skull)It just appealed to us both.Is it better to read about it before trying.:thanks:

Hi Will

Guess I tend to go with my instincts as to what cards I pick out...I have several sets now and like Lotus Flower said, you already have the answers and can be shown them...they are a tool and nothing more. Go with a set you like and feel comfortable with. I don't like the traditional tarot and like Lotus Flower also said, where you are at any given moment will affect the outcome and what you need from them.

Sounak MC
March 3rd, 2009, 06:48 AM
You are The Fool
Idea, thought, spirituality, that which endeavours to rise above the material.

The Fool is the card of infinite possibilities. The bag on the staff indicates that he has all he need to do or be anything he wants, he has only to stop and unpack. He is on his way to a brand new beginning. But the card carries a little bark of warning as well. Stop daydreaming and fantasising and watch your step, lest you fall and end up looking the fool.

SoulChild
March 3rd, 2009, 03:57 PM
You are The Empress
Beauty, happiness, pleasure, success, luxury, dissipation.

The Empress is associated with Venus, the feminine planet, so it represents, beauty, charm, pleasure, luxury, and delight. You may be good at home decorating, art or anything to do with making things beautiful.

The Empress is a creator, be it creation of life, of romance, of art or business. While the Magician is the primal spark, the idea made real, and the High Priestess is the one who gives the idea a form, the Empress is the womb where it gestates and grows till it is ready to be born. This is why her symbol is Venus, goddess of beautiful things as well as love. Even so, the Empress is more Demeter, goddess of abundance, then sensual Venus. She is the giver of Earthly gifts, yet at the same time, she can, in anger withhold, as Demeter did when her daughter, Persephone, was kidnapped. In fury and grief, she kept the Earth barren till her child was returned to her.

planetlove
March 4th, 2009, 03:56 AM
You are The Sun
Happiness, Content, Joy.

The meanings for the Sun are fairly simple and consistent.

Young, healthy, new, fresh. The brain is working, things that were muddled come clear, everything falls into place, and everything seems to go your way.

The Sun is ruled by the Sun, of course. This is the light that comes after the long dark night, Apollo to the Moon's Diana. A positive card, it promises you your day in the sun. Glory, gain, triumph, pleasure, truth, success. As the moon symbolized inspiration from the unconscious, from dreams, this card symbolizes discoveries made fully consciousness and wide awake. You have an understanding and enjoyment of science and math, beautifully constructed music, carefully reasoned philosophy. It is a card of intellect, clarity of mind, and feelings of youthful energy.

Kiran
March 12th, 2009, 02:38 PM
This is a beautiful set of cards....I picked and got Love - Ace of Water Card. Have to say it was pretty accurate!!!