PDA

View Full Version : Zen cooking

Rana
June 28th, 2012, 01:28 AM
look it up on the net ..a friend lent me a video from the library bus about it ..and im intrigued ..its sort of concious cooking ..a meditation of sorts ..taught by zen masters ..the concept is CUT THE CARROT CUT THE ONION WASH THE RICE ..and do just that with no thought to anything else except that exact task of that moment ..ROLL THE DOUGH ..i love that xxx:mr_cool

Narnia
June 28th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Hm? Never heard of Zen Cooking before, though it does sound rather intriguing. Will make a note to look it up at some point! Thanks Rana! :)

By the way, it's so lovely seeing you back here posting again! Hoping all is going well for you and yours, dearest!! :giveheart

BlueStar
July 10th, 2012, 07:01 PM
awesome - ideally everything should be zen, bringing our full attention and care to everything. power of presence i guess - it's way too easy to get lost in the mind and its inane chatter. I bet zen food tastes much better ;)

Narnia
July 12th, 2012, 01:35 PM
awesome - ideally everything should be zen, bringing our full attention and care to everything. power of presence i guess - it's way too easy to get lost in the mind and its inane chatter. I bet zen food tastes much better ;)

Oh my yes, absolutely!!

What's interesting is that - there is the potential of that happening and that potential has always been there ... but it seems the silly 'ego' always manages to get in the way of reaching that full and wonderful potential. I suppose it is all part of the learning and growing process ... huh!?!

Rana
July 21st, 2012, 03:17 PM
it really is amazing ..and the food comes alive with energy you blend with it .. on a deep level ..really spiritually connect and be nourished ...nice to have the time to be here xxx