PDA

View Full Version : Institute of Noetic Sciences

MystEerieUsOne
November 9th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Anyone belong to this? Institute of Noetic Sciences (http://www.noetic.org/noetic/)

I used to, a few years ago.

Narnia
November 9th, 2011, 07:30 PM
No, and I've never heard of it!? What's it about exactly? Thanks! :)

MystEerieUsOne
November 9th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Sorry, I meant to include the link. I've added it into the first post now. Thanks!

I used to belong to one of the message boards years ago, until they switched out of it to elsewhere. Very intriguing stuff, though...about Consciousness research! :)

They had closed their message boards at one point, and were charging people to belong to new ones. Looks like they've opened up comments on-site now, though.

Definitely very reading-intensive, as always.

MystEerieUsOne
November 14th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Would you offer yourself up to scientific research, if your Consciousness could be measured?

What is frustrating to me is when I see so much "research" being done to try to find a way to validate and measure such things as telepathy and precognition, with the scientists really having no clue what or where they really are, looking in all the wrong places for the answers, and especially when they publish their findings from a place of authority that invalidates them, not realizing what they were measuring were NOT true to what they were looking for in the first place!

For instance, telepathy isn't about sitting a person in one room, and another person in another room, and trying to measure whether one can transmit a clue to the other! That's magic, not genuine telepathy! And understanding precognition is not about "psychic" open-endedness with anything goes outcomes.

It is wonderful that they are at least looking, though. It's just so damaging when research "results" are backed by authorities measuring all the wrong data!