PDA

View Full Version : Nature Moments...

Narnia
December 7th, 2008, 04:08 PM
About 7 years ago, I was just arriving at work and saw a beautiful moment in nature, which I will never forget....

At the time I was working as a groundskeeper on a spanky estate. The estate had a 1/4 mile driveway, which was lined with tall oak trees and pines, brushes of all kinds, stones and boulders and open grassy areas, it even had a little stream on side.....

I had just parked my Jetta and when I got out of the car and turned around to walk up to the 'big house' to start my day, I was stopped in my tracks, because I saw one of the cleaning ladies driving up the driveway and flying gracefully, just 2 feet above her car, was a hawk....

It was coasting/flying just above where the windshield and roof of the car meet....it must have been flying above her car for the entire length of the driveway and when she reached the top of the driveway, the hawk proceeded to fly into the woods nearby...

WOW, that was a moment in nature I'll never forget!

So, do you have any cool stories in nature to share?

Narnia
December 8th, 2008, 12:38 AM
One of the very first memories I have from my kid-hood...was seeing three dolphins swimming in the Atlantic Ocean.

I was standing there on the beach looking out to the morning sunrise, *somewhere in North Carolina*, I was three at the time....and there they were...three beautiful dolphins, swimming and frolicking in the warm waters of an earlier morning....and that's all I vividly remember from that trip to North Carolina....

Mr. Brightside
December 8th, 2008, 01:11 AM
Great idea for a thread Sphinx

I took this last year in Alcudia in Majorca

certainly took my breath away

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b340/Saltwater1000/Alcudia-Printed119.jpg

Kiran
December 8th, 2008, 08:19 AM
There are 'power' places all over the earth...special places in nature where you can tap inot her energy and 'just be'! I have been blessed to experience many moments like that Polly...

We used to holiday in Wales as kids and saw many beautiful things which kids from London would never have normally seen.
One was a stone circle which is where it is believed the blue stone for Stonehenge came from...top of a mountain and completely isolated and for a short while, I was transported somewhere else in time! Absolutely freaky for a young teenager but it kinda confirmed what I had felt all my life!

Another place was here in Ireland and a friend and I did a walking tour of some low hill/small mountains and it was so magical! I wrote a short story about it and may post it one of these days :)
When you are lucky enough to find these places and you her calling you, relax and just be and be at one with her...you will never need drugs or alcohol ever again!! It is the most exsquisite, magical, mystical and natural feeling you will ever experience!!!

Mr. Brightside
December 8th, 2008, 12:10 PM
I find the Lake District in the UK is like that, whilst walking on the mountains you feel as though you are in another world, so isolated and peaceful..

Kiran
December 8th, 2008, 12:48 PM
And I bet you felt completely re-energised after you had been there Sean...its a great feeling isn't it!

SoulChild
December 8th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Living in the South...coming from a concreit jungle is a nature moment in iteself! Yet, ever since becoming a runner...I have enjoyed many beautiful nature moments. Many include....the total eclipse of the moon.....when the sun sets/rises...the night sky, and those early morning when the sun has not yet risen....and I watch the earth change positions by watching the Orion star constellation slowly move......so beautiful! :)

Mr. Brightside
December 9th, 2008, 07:07 PM
And I bet you felt completely re-energised after you had been there Sean...its a great feeling isn't it!

I certainly do, every time I go there Lorri, Its a beautiful part of the country..

Narnia
December 9th, 2008, 07:59 PM
I had just moved to the country/town setting of Connecticut from Pittsburgh, to start my endeavour as art student. I was renting a room, in a 1700's New England style house, from an ancient older lady, who had this weird mix of a British and New England accents....

Anyway, her property was situated in a nice sized patch of woods, which contained a cemetery.

One night, I am sleeping away in my room with the windows wide open, and all of the sudden, I was awakened by this freakish and terrifying calling of some kind. The noise was coming from the nearby cemetery/woods....and for the life of me, I couldn't figure out what the noise was.

The next morning, the older ancient lady asked me, if I had heard the Coyotes last night?....:blink:....that 'noise' was Coyotes?

It is amazing to hear, a pack of them in the middle of the night for the first time and even now, it's still a little scary to hear and still can make make my skin shiver.....how they yip n' yell and cry n' call to each other...it's an amazing sound only one can hear in nature...

planetlove
December 9th, 2008, 11:16 PM
I have been a few places in my short lifetime so far

Seeing the northern lights in Winnipeg MB / Dryden On and Churchill MB Canada and once while flying is Absolutly mind blowing ....

St. Elmos Fire - is an experience that i will never forget

V

Kiran
December 10th, 2008, 04:03 PM
I'd love to see the Northern Lights too :)

Jester Black
December 11th, 2008, 04:34 PM
I have been fortunate in that I have travelled all over the world and have personally seen most of the great natural wonders of this earth, from the himalayas to the the victorian falls, to the andes, the northern lights, st. elmos fire, the Rocky Mountains, the grand canyon and Death valley, to the sahara...name it Ive been there.

But two places in particular come to mind. One is the Luminescent Bay in Puerto Rico, a well hidden bay on the southerns end of the island which has luminisecnt microornisms that cause the water to glow when you touch it (an utterly beautiful site, both for its unique properties and its seclusion) and the other is a small outcrop thats just about 500 yards away from my house in Howard Beach in the Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge thats a roosting place for migratory birds from all over the world. If someone told me 20 years ago that black egrets visit New York City, I would have their heads examined...but they do, and in this very secluded place, you can almost feel like youve stepped off the road to civilization and somehow ended up in the Gallapago Islands. The only thing that breaks that effect is the fact that you can hear the planes taking off from Kennedy Airport which is less than half a mile away from the spot.

Kiran
December 12th, 2008, 08:08 AM
Oh Jay...can I come next time?? lol Sounds wonderful my friend :)

Narnia
January 25th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Many years ago, I was visiting 'Goat Rock Beach' north of San Francisco...and I swear, there was magic in the air....

This place was so beautiful, it was like a dream, I'll never forget it! It was a classic Northern California foggy day! We arrived at a small, lonely parking lot. We walked along a path cut through a grassy field that lead toward the cliff trail that hugged the cliffs to an expansive, lovely beach. The amazing thing about the cliffs and the rock formations that jutted out of the water, was the colour and texture. It was green and soft and incredibly smooth. There were dozens of sea lions hanging out on the edges of the rock formations barking at each other as the waves splashed on them...it was like walking into another world and wishing to never leave.....

It was so peaceful there! :)

Kiran
January 25th, 2009, 07:45 PM
When I first moved to Ireland, a friend and I went to visit some mountains in the Midlands and what a magical day!! It was one of those misty, drizzly day and we walked through the woods towards a waterfall. As we walked through the woods, we could almost 'feel' eyes upon us from unseen beings...hear the gentle whispers as they called us. It was almost as if we were transported back in time and could 'feel' the Druids around us performing their rites and rituals.
I will never forget that day as long as I live! Magical!!!:gandolf:

Narnia
February 10th, 2009, 03:11 PM
http://www.mccullyheritage.org/nuthatch1.jpg

One thing, I love about winter is the number of backyard birds you get to see visitng the feeder.
I just love the Nuthatch! (pictured above) The Nuthatch is a small tree climbing bird.
It's so darn cute and its so fun to watch them scamper about on tree bark looking for grubs to snack on.

Kiran
February 11th, 2009, 08:22 AM
What a gorgeous picture Sphinx! Thanks for sharing :)

Narnia
February 11th, 2009, 11:57 AM
What a gorgeous picture Sphinx! Thanks for sharing :)

Yes, it is a gorgeous picture, although I cannot take credit for it, thanks must go to Google Image Search and mccullyheritage.org, I think! I wanted to use another pic, but it was too big! :)

But, yes the Nuthatch, is always dressed and pressed for a photo shoot anytime! I like to think that they are wearing their 'Sunday Best'!

Narnia
February 11th, 2009, 01:07 PM
http://www.halverson-photography.com/images/Northern-Yellow-Shafted-Fli.jpg

WHOOHOO! I have a rare bird sighting to report! I saw a.....

Northern "Yellow Shafted" Flicker this morning preening its plumage in the early morning sunlight! :) The Northern "Yellow Shated" Flicker is in the 'tree clinging' family of birds, I don't know much about it yet, other than it's very pretty and rare to see!

'Why?'.....You ask, is this so exciting.....its because I've never seen one before and its a rare occurrance to see one! I'll try and find a decent image online for you guys! So, you can see what I am talking about!

Kiran
February 11th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Very beautiful bird Sphinx...I got to see a Sparrowhawk in close proximity a couple of years ago in the UK and it was so overwhelming to see it!!! Very rare to see in the wild now!

SoulChild
March 2nd, 2009, 05:11 PM
I just want to say that where I live has the most amazing weather. Two days ago, Friday, it was 72 degrees F, and Sunday the high was 32 F (freezing), and now we have snow! As soon as the snow fell overnight...now that the sun is out...even though the temperature is still below freezing...the snow is melting because of the ground temperature. And in about two days we are due to have Spring like temperatures back in the 70's. WOW! That is a 40 degree jump!

Narnia
March 21st, 2009, 02:29 PM
Red Shoulder Hawk

http://www.symbolicmessengers.com/Red-shouldered_Hawk_D4548.jpg

For the last couple of weeks, every morning, a pair of Red Shoulder Hawks have been perching themselves high in the great 'justified and ancient' oak tree in the backyard, scanning the yard for their breakfast; it has been a beautiful account to witness.

userid7
March 22nd, 2009, 08:18 AM
I was thinking about how I used to see dragon flies all the time when
I was young, and then worried that they actually got wiped out.
Several weeks later I spotted a beutifull blue dragonfly on a fence,
I walked over thinking he would take off, then closer..then I could
hardly beleive, I reached out and petted his back, like you would a
dog, and he just fluffed his wings:thanks: a bit, I went on my way, but
will never forget.
DangerBird.

Kiran
March 24th, 2009, 10:47 AM
That sounds so cool DB! I love dragonflies!!
Where my mum used to live there was a huge park and the animals there were so used to humans feeding them, they would come and feed out of your hand!
We used to feed squirrels, birds, everything and there is also a group of deer there. I have added a link to the park if you're interested.

http://www.royalparks.org.uk/parks/greenwich_park/

planetlove
June 24th, 2009, 09:57 PM
i call this set ///
"V IN SERACH OF SUNRISE"

Sunrise from 37000 Feet over the Atlantic Ocean....
The perks of my job....
for you to enjoy also.....
V

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o266/varunepersad/DSC01053.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o266/varunepersad/DSC01052.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o266/varunepersad/DSC01064.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o266/varunepersad/DSC01065.jpg

Narnia
June 25th, 2009, 02:50 AM
:thanks: V! Those shots are stunning! You are so very lucky to see that so very often! :)

Kiran
June 25th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Wow V!!! That is fantastic....such beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing honey :)

Rana
June 25th, 2009, 01:44 PM
polly thankyou fir the beautiful bird pictures, i live on the coast here in Victoria and its really lovely to be on the beach at sunrise ,just sitting there alone watching it unfold.. also when im driving home after a late shift and the moon is full you can see the full beam onto the vast ocean and the clouds at night that for me is a beautiful moment ,that ifeel almost home (in spirit)

Rana
June 25th, 2009, 01:45 PM
:thanks: V! Those shots are stunning! You are so very lucky to see that so very often! :)

ahhh yeah i agree ..wow !!:lovemw:

Narnia
July 1st, 2009, 11:38 PM
Oh, I am so happy ... I just spotted a Rose-breasted Grosbeak. It was totally by chance ... I watched it feeding a pin oak tree! :)

Enjoy! ;)

http://www.learnbirdsongs.com/images/rose-breasted-grosbeakwtmk.jpg

http://www.bobnaturephoto.com/gallery/d/5160-2/MaleRose-breastedGrosbeak7.jpg

Kiran
July 2nd, 2009, 08:18 AM
What a gorgeous bird! I love the colours! Thanks for sharing Polly :)

BlueStar
July 2nd, 2009, 10:29 AM
V - those sunrise pictures are stunningly beautiful. Thanks for sharing :D I remember the first (and so far only) time I saw a sunrise from above the clouds while in a plane and I found it a tremendously moving experience. As is often the case in planes, everyone else in the cabin is totally blase and never bother looking out the window (preferring to read crappy in-flight magazines?!) but I'm like a kid, always looking with wide open eyes. I find it so humbling and powerful seeing the world from such a vantage point. I will never become blase about it...

I love the bird pics also Polly - thanks for sharing. We have lots of birds come to our garden, and I love them

Mr. Brightside
July 16th, 2009, 11:25 PM
There is a little place near me called Knaresborough, were Mother Shiptons cave is (an English prophetess) anyway there is also a Petrifying well, It is one of the oldest visitor attractions in England. People hang stuff on this wall and in months or years the object acquires a stony exterior. Apparently it is due to the high mineral content of the water flowing down the wall, Pretty cool to see I took this photo last time we visited.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b340/Saltwater1000/Knaresbrough8.jpg

Narnia
July 17th, 2009, 01:50 PM
I am so curious about this 'Wall'. Is it a natural formation with human help? Is there a website dedicated to it?

:thanks: for sharing Sean! :yourock: ......................... Get it? You 'rock' .................................. *oh!* that was so bad, never mind! Still, you rock anyway! )

Mr. Brightside
July 17th, 2009, 03:14 PM
I am so curious about this 'Wall'. Is it a natural formation with human help? Is there a website dedicated to it?

:thanks: for sharing Sean! :yourock: ......................... Get it? You 'rock' .................................. *oh!* that was so bad, never mind! Still, you rock anyway! )

Lol maybe I stood near it too long :D

Anyway loads of interesting info here Petrifying Well (http://www.mothershiptonscave.com/the_petrifying_well.htm)

The water springs from an underground lake and seeps up through the earths crust via a layer of porous rock called an “aquifer”.
The spring has never been known to dry up, a measured 700 gallons or 3,200 litres of water flow over the Well every hour, summer, winter, rain or drought!
The waters extremely high mineral content means that everything in it’s path is turned into stone.
The waters leave behind mineral deposits that build up to form a crust of new rock.

The minerals that are most abundantly present are calcium, sodium and magnesium with traces of lead, zinc, iron, manganese and aluminium. These exist in the form of sulphates and carbonates with some chlorides and a little silica. The proportions have remained more or less the same for centuries

Some objects that have turned to stone

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b340/Saltwater1000/Knaresbrough18.jpg

Kiran
July 17th, 2009, 03:30 PM
That is very cool!! Another place I love is Cheddar Gorge....love the caves, the drive...everything about it!!

Narnia
July 20th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Some objects that have turned to stone.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b340/Saltwater1000/Knaresbrough18.jpg

What is strange about this (for me - and I waited to respond to this post of yours Sean because when I saw this image - a flash happened and it sort of freaked me out a bit - not in a bad way mind you), .... but many years ago .... I dreamt of this very image and or place in the photo. And all those years ago I even told my sister about this dream I had - of these very petrified objects hanging from a ceiling in a black room ... more-or-less of the above image. The other day I asked my sister if she remembered me telling her of this dream I had all those years ago and she said yes, so I am wondering what does this mean, what is the connection?

Now that is weird! :blink:

ps: Question? Did you take this picture Sean?

Mr. Brightside
July 20th, 2009, 07:30 PM
What is strange about this (for me - and I waited to respond to this post of yours Sean because when I saw this image - a flash happened and it sort of freaked me out a bit - not in a bad way mind you), .... but many years ago .... I dreamt of this very image and or place in the photo. And all those years ago I even told my sister about this dream I had - of these very petrified objects hanging from a ceiling in a black room ... more-or-less of the above image. The other day I asked my sister if she remembered me telling her of this dream I had all those years ago and she said yes, so I am wondering what does this mean, what is the connection?

Now that is weird! :blink:

ps: Question? Did you take this picture Sean?

Wow that is very strange Polly :shok: Yes I did take the picture on a day trip we took in 2005, The displayed objects are in the museum, I also took the photo below of Old Mother Shipton.

Maybe we get a glimpses of the future (or the past) in dreams or things happen at a certain point in life to guide us, sort of little signposts that if we look out for can guide us in a certain direction. Maybe the image you dreamt was so vivid it stuck in your memory telling you to watch out for it in the real world then act on it somehow?

Maybe someting to do with your painting?

Who knows.... Similar things seem to happen to me. I have so many dreams and most of the time the people and events in the dream I dont seem to have any connection with at all but someday maybe I will have. (Only last night I was dreaming of a baby called Raymond, I have no idea who that is, I dont know anybody with that name) But your right it is very wierd. The universe works in mysterious ways ;)

Strange but yesterday coming home from Lancashire we took a wrong turn at Harrogate and drove right past Mother Shiptons cave..

Maybe we should look into her prophecies lol

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b340/Saltwater1000/Knaresbrough17.jpg

Narnia
July 27th, 2009, 09:25 PM
I've wanted to see a Cedar Wax Wing. Just the other day, outside of the studio window, there was one hanging out in the Magnolia tree! :)

http://www.birdingmaine.com/images/cedar_waxwing_closeup.jpg

http://www.lloydspitalnikphotos.com/d/5804-5/cedar_waxwing_F5R2079.jpg

ENJOY!! ;)

Lion Spirit Walker
September 1st, 2009, 03:19 AM
Although I live in a city, where I live is still very active with regard to 'wildlife'.
During the daylight hours I enjoy sitting/standing on my balcony watching the various birds. From black hawks and tiger hawks to cardinals and blue jays to swallows. In the very early morning hours, deer and rabbits are abundant.
But what is most special to me are the pair of large owls that live in this area. When night is at it darkess and most silent, They call out to one another, like sentinels in the dark. And often I've walked out onto my balcony at night to find one of them perched not even three feet from where I would stand. And I softly speak to them with sincere grattitude and respect. And they sit there and watch me as I do this, as if listening to my words. Or at least sensing my grattitude and respect for them.
p.s., Owls are one of my three 'Totem Animals'.

Mr. Brightside
September 1st, 2009, 11:08 PM
You have a wonderful way with words Michael, As I am reading your posts I can imagine very clearly the images you are describing, keep them coming, I enjoy them immensely :yourock:

Lion Spirit Walker
September 2nd, 2009, 10:07 PM
Gollum, I humbly thank you very much.

Kiran
September 3rd, 2009, 08:38 AM
If things get too much for me sometimes (and they do believe it or not! lol) and I need some alone time...this place is only half an hour's drive from where I live in the city here....Connemara National Park! It goes on for miles!!!
http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/00/15/30/74/connemara-national-park.jpg

Narnia
September 3rd, 2009, 12:26 PM
Oh, Lorri, Ireland so beautiful (I miss it dearly!) I could just see myself getting lost in time there and being at total peace! :thanks: for sharing!!! :two hearts: :)

Kiran
September 3rd, 2009, 12:30 PM
Oh, Lorri, Ireland so beautiful (I miss it dearly!) I could just see myself getting lost in time there and being at total peace! :thanks: for sharing!!! :two hearts: :)

Yes I have to say it has brought me much peace of mind since I moved to Ireland! Yes...you can totally get lost here both in body and spirit :)
Glad you liked it honey...the greenery does soothe and settle :)
HUGS:two hearts:

Mr. Brightside
September 3rd, 2009, 10:57 PM
If things get too much for me sometimes (and they do believe it or not! lol) and I need some alone time...this place is only half an hour's drive from where I live in the city here....Connemara National Park! It goes on for miles!!!
http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/00/15/30/74/connemara-national-park.jpg

Looks beautiful Lorri, hopefully this time next week I will walking somewhere that looks like that.

Lion Spirit Walker
September 3rd, 2009, 11:36 PM
Wow.
Simply looking at the photo brings peace to the mind and heart.
Truly beautiful.
Tyvm for sharing it.

Narnia
September 3rd, 2009, 11:42 PM
Killarney National Park (Ireland)

http://www.livefortheoutdoors.com/upload/532755/images/Lough%20Leane%20Killarney%20National%20Park%20by%20Christophe%20Menebo euf.jpg

As I fondly remember, the air in this place was magical indeed! :)

Lion Spirit Walker
September 3rd, 2009, 11:49 PM
WOW.
That just left me breathless.
Sphinx, I hope you don't mind that I am going to save it to my computer for a desktop image.
Wonderous, truly.
:thanks:

Narnia
September 4th, 2009, 12:02 AM
WOW.
That just left me breathless.
Sphinx, I hope you don't mind that I am going to save it to my computer for a desktop image.
Wonderous, truly.
:thanks:

Go ahead my dear friend ... I will admit the above image is from a google search ... when I have the opportunity, I'll scan the photos I took of that same mountain and post it here! :)

[Later Edit] (adding image)

Please forgive the paint splatter on the photo itself and the piecing together of the photos (for it has resided in the studio) - this was taken before the dawn of diggy cams. :)

ENJOY!! :) :two hearts:

Lion Spirit Walker
September 4th, 2009, 02:14 AM
Despite it's life in your studio, it is nonetheless amazing.'
Tyvm.

Kiran
September 4th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Looks beautiful Lorri, hopefully this time next week I will walking somewhere that looks like that.

Are you coming over Sean?? Or do you mean the Peaks??

Kiran
September 4th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Killarney National Park (Ireland)

http://www.livefortheoutdoors.com/upload/532755/images/Lough%20Leane%20Killarney%20National%20Park%20by%20Christophe%20Menebo euf.jpg

As I fondly remember, the air in this place was magical indeed! :)

Oh a place I love...I have to say Kerry is my favourite county and although this picture is gorgeous, it does not do any justice to this!!
Thanks for the reminder Polly...this is a place that I have been blessed to visit many times and never tire of it!!
HUGS:two hearts:

Lion Spirit Walker
September 8th, 2009, 12:07 AM
Q; Does my cockatoo, Psy playfully attacking me count as a natural moment???
And how about bowel movements?
Ohhhhhhh. Please Pardom Me. I'm in my silly state of mind.
Quickly Everyone. Forget you read this post.
Poof!
:superman:

Lion Spirit Walker
September 8th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Each morning my cockatoo, Psy and I share breakfast. Then we dance with each other. Then we take turns flapping our wings and 'yelling at the top of our lungs' "Good Morning Sunshine" to the new day. Then we dance some more.
We all too often forget how truly interconnect we (ALL LIFE) are.
And Nature has these wonderful ways of coming to us with reminders that Life is indeed joyous when we remember to 'spread our wings'.
;)

Kiran
September 8th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Oh Michael...I could see you and psy doing this!! I had a huge grin on my face at the thought of you both spreading your wings!!:girl_yes3 (1):

Mr. Brightside
September 11th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Are you coming over Sean?? Or do you mean the Peaks??

No I am not coming over Lorri, although I would love to, ;) I am going camping in the lakes today for a few days, The sun is shining, the car is packed, I need a few days walking/chilling in the mountains to breathe some fresh air and recharge the soul :)

Lion Spirit Walker
September 11th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Gollum, when I read that you would be camping 'in the lakes', I immediately had a visualization of a camp set up under water with yourself and accompanying party swimming about in SCUBA gear. LOL.
Pardon me. I'm back to my silly self. :)
:superman:

Mr. Brightside
September 14th, 2009, 10:05 PM
lol could be a bit difficult cooking on the barbeque Michael :D Its official name is the Lake District but people just call it The lakes for short :)

I did get there and enjoyed it very much Gollums Cave (http://mysteriouswisdom.com/forum/showthread.php?p=11735#post11735)

Narnia
September 16th, 2009, 07:41 PM
A couple of evenings ago around sunset ... my sister and I were taking a walk at Mogehan Park, a few miles up the road from the studio. Mohegan Park is a combination of nature and man-made, and is located on the Mohegan Indian Reservation.

As we were walking along the gravel path, quietly chit-chatting away and observing the young fawn frolicking in the hills, when we heard a classic late summer sound, the Canada geese. There were two flocks on the placid, man-made pond. The geese were honking away to each other preparing to take flight and then all of the sudden they took flight. We stop in our tracks to watch them. They curved over towards our way and they flew directly over us, still honking to each other and busily flapping their board wings. They flew just inches above the trees tops and then disappeared. Then the second flock did the same exact thing. :)

It was a really beautiful moment in nature.

Kiran
September 20th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Today was blustery overcast day and Martin and I decided to go to a beach about 30 mins from our house...its a secluded but gorgeous place to ramble and always recharges my batteries when we go there. The cows are in a field alongside the beach and you can see the remains of one of the famine cottages in the background.
Wanted to share it with you.

Kiran
September 20th, 2009, 10:21 PM
These are some shots of my animal family!!

They are in order...Tiny Dog, Smoky, Fluffy (who seems to have wandered off now), Zuki and one of Zuki's kittens.

Narnia
September 20th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Oh I love the flower pot kitty - *he-he* - I have one like that in my phone of Shadow!! :) All of your pets are so cute - they look so wise too!!

:thanks: for sharing dear Lorri! :)

Kiran
September 21st, 2009, 08:13 AM
Glad you liked them Polly!! Yes he was literally nodding off in the pot and looked so cute I couldn't resist it!
Smoky is very stand offish but he always reminded me of a bat for some reason...very cool look with the honey eyes and his blue/grey fur!

Narnia
September 21st, 2009, 12:47 PM
Yes he was literally nodding off in the pot and looked so cute I couldn't resist it!

Oh, I love that too ... watching a cat or a dog falling alseep while sitting. It is so cute when they are sitting there and their head starts to droop down, which wakes them up and they sit up straight again for a bit .... and then the whole scene happens all over again until they decide to lay down and sleep. ;)

Mr. Brightside
September 21st, 2009, 07:37 PM
Smoky is very stand offish but he always reminded me of a bat for some reason...very cool look with the honey eyes and his blue/grey fur!

Loving Smoky, what a fantastic looking cat, you have quite an animal family Lorri, hope they all get on ;)

Kiran
September 21st, 2009, 07:46 PM
Yes they do on the whole but I need to find homes for the cats soon...they are costing me too much to feed them..!!!

Lion Spirit Walker
September 25th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Last night I enjoyed watching 'The Little Stinker' as I fondly call it ( I suspect it's male) scampering about out on the lawn. And admittedly, I hoped someone would cross his path. But alas, they didn't.
p.s., he's a skunk.

Narnia
September 26th, 2009, 12:26 AM
Last night I enjoyed watching 'The Little Stinker' as I fondly call it ( I suspect it's male) scampering about out on the lawn. And admittedly, I hoped someone would cross his path. But alas, they didn't.
p.s., he's a skunk.

That's so funny - I saw a skunk last night/early morning around 5:45am as I was letting out our cat Mischala Wodka ... 'AH-HA!' I said to myself ... so it's the stinky skunk making all of those little circular shapes in the grass ... it was cute to watch fumbling and scrampering about in the dark ... of course I made sure Mischa went in the another direction ... because I really don't want to buy tomato paste just for the use of cleaning the cats if they get sprayed by a skunk - let alone actually bathe the cats in tomato paste - I think the tomato paste would turb extra red from all the clawing! :laugh:

:Eeksign:

Skunks have such a unique scamper. :)

Lion Spirit Walker
September 26th, 2009, 12:55 AM
hehehe. You have to love them.
I love it that your's is in the habit of making 'crop circles'.
LOLLOL

Rana
September 27th, 2009, 01:26 PM
awww lorri thanks for the pictures of "tiny dog " amf friends .. after leaving work today i went a different way for no particuloar reason and find a very old dog walking in the middle of the street. poor lil baby , she didnt move when i got out and picked her up ,and put her in the car .i brought her home and matt contacted the local council who matt met later to take over (matt said he estimated her to be 16 or so) so someone has lost a very dear friend. he was taking her to the vet where shell stay for 2 weeks im sure her owner will be frantic to find out shes wandered (or maybe it is her time you know how they go walk about just before sometimes) she had no tags only a collar ..i cant stop thinking about her she is the dearest , her soul moved me today in a way i cant explain and she is in my thoughts even now and i cant explain why . im sure it will come to light. if the owner for some reason doesnt claim her i want to be with her.

Lion Spirit Walker
September 27th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Dear Oceanentity,
Your true compassion and love are such a blessing.
Reading your post has brought tears to my eyes.
It truly touches my heart to realize that hope in humanity is not lost.
With my humble loving respect,
Michael

Rana
September 28th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Dear Oceanentity,
Your true compassion and love are such a blessing.
Reading your post has brought tears to my eyes.
It truly touches my heart to realize that hope in humanity is not lost.
With my humble loving respect,
Michael

you should see her Michael shes really special .. a "visitor" from another time ..or a great teacher in body .. im waiting to hear if shes connected back with her family x

Kiran
September 28th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Do let us know if you have any news on her Rana.....Tiny was like that....I feel he found me (he was only five weeks old and seriously ill) just when I had a desperate need to mother and nurture a baby (after I lost one of mine)...the Universe answered mine and his prayers and gave us to eachother...
You found her for a purpose and I will be looking forward to seeing how that pans out :)
HUGS

Kiran
October 17th, 2009, 08:39 PM
We have had some unseasonably beautiful weather the past few days and I couldn't resist going out into the garden with my camera. I have a gorgeous Japanese Maple and I got this picture just before she shed her leaves! I love the colour!!

Kiran
October 17th, 2009, 09:13 PM
As you saw from my last post I have been dabbling with my camera (which I just love!!!) and took some shots in the summer in my garden.
Thanks to Polly who inspired me with her art work and encouragement - thanks honey!

Narnia
October 17th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Dearest Lorri - you keep a most beautiful garden!! :) :two hearts: :yourock:

Kiran
October 17th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Thank you Polly

Narnia
October 17th, 2009, 10:22 PM
I love the Hebe plant! So pretty and romantic! :)

Kiran
October 17th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Thanks hon!

BlueStar
October 19th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Love all your photos...and Lorri, your garden is indeed beautiful :)

Kiran
October 19th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Thanks Rory :) Yes its like my little inner city sanctuary!

Kiran
December 25th, 2009, 12:44 AM
We had -8 celcius here last night and this was the scene I woke to this morning. Thought I'd share a few pictures from my garden and home. Very festive as we get very little snow here in Galway.

Narnia
January 1st, 2010, 02:17 AM
We had -8 celcius here last night and this was the scene I woke to this morning. Thought I'd share a few pictures from my garden and home. Very festive as we get very little snow here in Galway.

Lorri - your photos are absolutely stunning - please forgive my delay in seeing them (been a little busy/distracted) .... wow, I love them all, but I particularly like the sage plant one and the spider web one too!! Way cool, indeed! ;)

Lion Spirit Walker
January 1st, 2010, 02:38 AM
I completely agree with Sphinx. Very cool. :cool.3:
My favorite is the spider's web. Love it.

Kiran
January 1st, 2010, 10:46 PM
Thanks Polly, Michael....I am glad you liked them! Yes the spiderweb kinda called to me...I saw it from the kitchen window and had to get a shot of it.
HUGS

Mr. Brightside
May 12th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Took this over the weekend at the place were we were staying at

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b340/Saltwater1000/DSC006042.jpg

Kiran
May 12th, 2010, 04:46 PM

Wow Sean...thats fabulous!! I am amazed she didn't set on you as they can be very defensive!!

Mr. Brightside
May 12th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Yeah I figured that and kept my distance, I think she was used to humans, She let us come close-ish but as soon as she stirred we let her be..

Kiran
May 13th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Yep I have been out and about again with my camera and wanted to share some of my trips with you all ;)

Kiran
May 13th, 2010, 02:57 PM
These were taken in my garden yesterday (with the exception of the magnolia)...I just love the vibrancy of the colours!

Narnia
May 13th, 2010, 03:34 PM

What a lovely photo Sean ... you certainly have a way with the camera ... I must say! :)

Narnia
May 13th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Oh! Lorri!! I love, love, love it!!! Wish I could be there!! :)

Kiran
May 13th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Oh! Lorri!! I love, love, love it!!! Wish I could be there!! :)

Thanks Polly...glad you liked it :D Just love all the new growth and colours around right now......:)

Kiran
May 13th, 2010, 07:34 PM
These were taken in some local woods at a large old country house near where we live....it was a glorious sunny sunday afternoon :)

Mr. Brightside
May 14th, 2010, 12:19 AM
What a lovely photo Sean ... you certainly have a way with the camera ... I must say! :)

Thanks Polly Glad you like it, More to come at some point ;)

Mr. Brightside
May 14th, 2010, 12:24 AM
Yep I have been out and about again with my camera and wanted to share some of my trips with you all ;)

Very glad you did, Some great nature Photos there Lorri, :) Thanks for sharing ;)

Kiran
May 14th, 2010, 08:45 AM
Thanks Sean :) I am not an artist in the way Polly or Michael or Rory and others would be but I like to have a go with the camera :) I'm so glad you like them :)

Narnia
May 14th, 2010, 12:04 PM
I am not an artist in the way Polly or Michael or Rory and others would be but I like to have a go with the camera :) I'm so glad you like them :)

Well, I can tell your artistic nature is there ... deep inside .... you're doing fine my friend, just keep taking photos! :)

Kiran
May 14th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Thanks Polly...well it was you that inspired me to have a go so thanks again :D I do enjoy it very much and especially in nature....I am thinking of getting a new camera to be able to zoom in a bit better. My camera is one of those idiot proof digital ones...you know...you just point and click ;)
Maybe for my birthday I'll have to drop some hints!! ;)

Lion Spirit Walker
May 16th, 2010, 01:39 AM
Wow...Excellent photography.
Well done.

Lion Spirit Walker
May 16th, 2010, 06:49 AM
I love this planet. :)
http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss70/psy_Michael/tornado.jpg

Narnia
May 16th, 2010, 01:21 PM
I love this planet. :)
http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss70/psy_Michael/tornado.jpg

I am right there with you!! :)i

Narnia
May 16th, 2010, 01:29 PM
WHat's happening in the garden this year!! :)

Enjoy!!

I am reallly happy with the 'fire Bush' .... it was only a tiny sprig 5 years ago and it is doing so well ... it should be really pretty hot pink in the fall ... hence it's name 'Fire Bush'! :)

Narnia
May 16th, 2010, 01:34 PM
A few plants growing this year!! :)

Narnia
May 16th, 2010, 01:36 PM
And one more!!! :)

Mr. Brightside
May 16th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Some really nice Photos and plants Polly, Thanks for sharing :)

Kiran
May 16th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Lovely pictures Polly :) I love the little creatures peeking out from various spots!

Lion Spirit Walker
May 16th, 2010, 08:37 PM
The Ladies are going Green. :)
It's wonderful.

Narnia
May 16th, 2010, 11:42 PM
Just got back from a wonderful 12 mile bike ride ... and during the ride, at the 4.5 mile mark .... a coyote crossed in front me ... oh, I'd say 50 feet in front of me .... and our fleeting encounter happened on my favourite strip of country backwoods road ... it was a beautiful moment indeed! :)

Lion Spirit Walker
May 16th, 2010, 11:44 PM
Right On!
On your next ride take some dry puppy food to give them.
Very cool.
;)

Narnia
May 17th, 2010, 12:11 AM
You know ... I really should take my camera with next time I go riding ... and take some photos along 'Fire St' (my favourite back road in Montville) ... it is poster, calendar or even car commercial worthy ... that's how pretty it is!! :)

Kiran
May 20th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Yes you should Polly!! It will be lovely to share your home area too :)

Kiran
May 20th, 2010, 03:28 PM
I took these at the beach last weekend near my house (apart from the purple flowers, they were in my front garden ;)). This is a view of Galway Bay!

Kiran
May 20th, 2010, 03:30 PM
These are a few more I took at the beach :)

Narnia
May 20th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Oh Lorri!! I love that rock photo ... very nice!! :)

Kiran
May 20th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Thanks Polly! I couldn't resist the colour contrast of the sulphur yellow with the grey stone....:)

BlueStar
May 20th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the pics guys - so beautiful

brother
May 22nd, 2010, 02:12 PM
some pictures from red rocks park nearby. I took these yesterday... it was a nice day out with my daughter hiking :)

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_W5wcbTUtmr0/S_dSDC-ti9I/AAAAAAAAA-M/fjsZFhXhdiE/s640/field%20day%202010%20035.jpg

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_W5wcbTUtmr0/S_dZpKf7hSI/AAAAAAAAA-g/9FGTbkK61M0/s640/field%20day%202010%20045.jpg

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_W5wcbTUtmr0/S_dZqysoMHI/AAAAAAAAA-s/6OFzaPjdzyE/s640/field%20day%202010%20074.jpg

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_W5wcbTUtmr0/S_dZqBg3gVI/AAAAAAAAA-o/j811SWdUZPY/s640/field%20day%202010%20046.jpg

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_W5wcbTUtmr0/S_fTXLl4NWI/AAAAAAAAA_k/I2BenH96g7E/s640/field%20day%202010%20068.jpg

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_W5wcbTUtmr0/S_fTX8SfBKI/AAAAAAAAA_o/xW80lXlZilo/s512/field%20day%202010%20066.jpg

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_W5wcbTUtmr0/S_cr2BTr-DI/AAAAAAAAA9s/TcpYP7yGxvE/s640/field%20day%202010%20029.jpg

Kiran
May 22nd, 2010, 02:13 PM
Wow gorgeous pics Chad!! I love the last one...the contrast of the bright blue to the earthy red....beautiful! Thanks for sharing!!!

Narnia
May 22nd, 2010, 07:33 PM
Riding along a deep country back road the only sounds that could heard was the soft rustling wind in the ears, the quiet and rhythmic click-clack of a well geased chain and twittering of birds in the trees .... then suddenly the silence was broken by the swooping wings of a great hawk crossing the road into the distant under brush of the wood.

Lovely photos of out west Chad .... makes me want to drive cross country again!! :)

Narnia
May 26th, 2010, 10:54 PM
... Saw the first Lightning Bug of the season last night!! ... :)

http://www.wideawakeinwonderland.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/fireflies1.bmp

Lion Spirit Walker
May 27th, 2010, 04:50 AM
The Oldest Trees on Earth are the Great Basin Bristlecone Pines. After receiving permission to cut one down to accurately meassure it's age, it was found to be 4,950 years old.
Personally I think this is amazing.
http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss70/psy_Michael/800px-Bristlecone_CA.jpg

BlueStar
May 27th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Wow - that IS amazing Michael. Nearly 5000 years...imagine how much the world has changed in that time. Sad they had to cut one down just so we could satisfy our curiosity about its age though - typical humans.

Narnia
May 27th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Sad they had to cut one down just so we could satisfy our curiosity about its age though - typical humans.

Agreed! Typical Humans!

Kiran
June 1st, 2010, 10:22 AM
More from my garden!

Lion Spirit Walker
June 20th, 2010, 03:35 AM
Yes... The Fireflies have made their grand entrance here in the area I live tonight. I had actually forgotten how much of a joy it is to see them flying about flashing back and forth to one another.
Our dear Narnia had mentioned how the ones in her area had come out several weeks ago.
I wonder why the ones here are such late bloomers? (lol)
Hmmm. A little research perhaps.?.
:)

Lion Spirit Walker
June 20th, 2010, 04:17 AM
Having lived the better part of my lifetime near one ocean or another, I've always felt the oceans and the Life there in to be precious. Taken into perspective both the countless amazing aspects and the wonderous wholeness of all of it. I've come to understand sooo very much about Life from the oceans in all that they are. So many hours of my lifetime spent in amazement at what the oceans are in all truth. I honestly believe that it was oceans that helped me to more completely understand the truth in that all is with purpose.
Another understanding made more apparent for myself by the oceans is in the precious gifts of the Sea Shells. They exist to house the Life that spends a period of time within. When the Life within no longer needs the shell for growth, it leaves the shell. And the shell is returned to nurish all Life.
This is our Lifetimes. The essense of our being resides within these shells we call our bodies. When we no longer need the shells for our eternal growth through the journey that is Life, we leave our 'sea shells' behind. And we continue forward.
Whenever I see a sea shell, I see a lifetime. When I hold a sea shell, I feel the footprint of that lifetime. And I give thanks for the sea shells and all the wonderous lifetimes that they are the footprints of.
With heartfelt appreciation I am truly grateful for these wonderous experiences of understanding in my lifetime. And for the wisdom of the Sea Shells.
http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss70/psy_Michael/sea-shells.jpg

Narnia
August 27th, 2010, 01:13 PM
http://www.dcwild.com/images/Insects/Black-Tiger-Swallowtail.jpg

In the warmth of yesterday's sunlit August afternoon ....
Two Black Winged Swallowtail Butterflies fluttered insync just inches above the grass ....
They were a mating pair!

Their dance captivated my attention for more than 15 mins ...

Kiran
August 27th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Wow they are beautiful Polly!! I too would be held captive by thier antics...love butterflies!

Kiran
September 4th, 2010, 10:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C2iRcET1N0&feature=related

Narnia
September 14th, 2010, 09:24 PM
Nice video dear Lorri and I really like the message near the end ... so true!! :)

Nature moment right at this minute ....

Dozens upon dozens of Dragonflies are swooping and diving and flying high above the garden in the afternoon sunlight! :)

Kiran
September 20th, 2010, 09:07 PM
We have had a balmy couple of autumn days here although the evenings and morning have a little nip in the air now. I couldn't resist taking some shots in my garden and wanted to share them here....

Mr. Brightside
September 20th, 2010, 09:36 PM
very nice photos Lorri, thanks for sharing, The season is certainly turning, lots of oppertunities for some wonderful life and death photos of nature...

Kiran
September 21st, 2010, 12:01 PM
It certainly is Sean and glad you liked them :) I hope to get out and about some more and get some more shots....

Lion Spirit Walker
September 22nd, 2010, 02:00 AM
I love the way your garden grows... :)
Very nice images.

Kiran
September 22nd, 2010, 09:38 AM
I love the way your garden grows... :)
Very nice images.

Thank you Michael...I like to think the fairies that live there play a big part in it too ;)

Narnia
September 22nd, 2010, 02:20 PM
The last Saturday ... my sister and I were driving back to my place by way of the back roads/my bike route .... she hung a left onto Unger Rd. which cuts through a marshy pond area in the woods .... as we got closer to the pond we both spotted a turtle poised on our side of the road waiting to cross ... (we are our Father's daughters) ... we both said 'We have to rescue/help the Turtle!' ..... so, my sister immediately pulled over, put on the flashers, backed up a bit, I got out, picked up the turtle (which was unharmed ... thank goodness), showed it to my sister and then promptly walked across the road, hurdled over the barrier, walked down a bit of a hill ... and placed it in a tuffed of grass and ferns near the water. :)

[Later Edit] It was a 'Spotted Turtle' ... which is a 'Threatened Spieces'

http://www.arkive.org/media/2B/2BEFA017-3579-41A4-9857-429EDC58A6F7/Presentation.Large/photo.jpg

Kiran
September 22nd, 2010, 03:57 PM
Wow Polly!! What a beautiful turtle!! Fair play to the two of you! :D

Lion Spirit Walker
September 22nd, 2010, 09:59 PM
YES! Right On Polly! Yes. The angel within.
:wink.1::cool.3::spinny:

Narnia
September 22nd, 2010, 10:14 PM
Wow Polly!! What a beautiful turtle!! Fair play to the two of you! :D

YES! Right On Polly! Yes. The angel within.
:wink.1::cool.3::spinny:

This was actually the fourth Turtle I have helped cross that road ... the road is part of my bike route and I always make sure I ride that section just in case there is a Turtle in need!! :D

Lion Spirit Walker
September 24th, 2010, 11:25 PM
It is so very wonderful that you do this Dearest Polly. It truly touches my heart. You are indeed an angel. :)

Narnia
September 24th, 2010, 11:39 PM
It is so very wonderful that you do this Dearest Polly. It truly touches my heart. You are indeed an angel. :)

When I lived in Westerly Rhode Island, I helped a number of Snapping Turtles (these were adult snappers ... fully grown) to cross the road to their destination .... also, when I was attending school in Old Lyme CT ... I helped a number a 'just hatched' baby Snapping Turtles ... I took half a dozen of them to a nearby pond in a cemetery in Old Lyme ... a good place for them

Like I said ... 'I am my Father's daugther' .... he had a great love for Turtles and he himself was a Turtle in many regards and I feel his spirit is in every Turtle I come across ....

:giveheart

Kiran
September 29th, 2010, 04:26 PM
This morning was a real autumnal sunny morning with that nip in the air....I couldn't resist talking these shots as the mist lie over the trees and fields..really magical :)

Narnia
September 29th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Lovely!! :)

Yep ... Autumn is in the air here too ... I'll try and remember to take my camera when I go for my bike ride on Fire St!! :)

Lion Spirit Walker
September 29th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Autumn has also arrived here. The trees leaves are changing and the air is cool and clean. Last night shortly after midnight (CST), i was able to enjoy 4 does and a young deer casually strolling by. :) Love is in the air.

Mr. Brightside
February 5th, 2011, 07:44 PM
No ordinary spinning Rock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY2QWEGmF68

Kiran
February 26th, 2011, 11:09 AM
It is a lovely sunny early Spring morning here today and I know those of you across the pond have had huge amounts of snow. I thought I would share a little of my spring morning in my garden with you.

Narnia
February 26th, 2011, 01:56 PM
The idea of having Spring in February is absolutely amazing to me .... here in the US we have to wait until April to see real signs of Spring, crocuses have definitely burst through by then, but the trees are still a little sleepy from the winter months ... so your photos, dearest Lorri, are most welcomed and very much needed (wish I was there ... breathing in the fresh Spring air!) ... thank you for warming my Soul! :)

Kiran
February 26th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Glad you liked them Polly :) Yes Spring comes early here sometimes and you can just see the start of buds on the trees and hear the dawn chorus. You'd be welcome anytime honey ;)

Kiran
February 28th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Some more Spring time shots :)

Anjou
March 1st, 2011, 12:24 PM
Some more Spring time shots :)

Thank you! :good

Kiran
March 6th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Martin and I went for a walk today to woods near Galway Bay and had to get a few pics with my new camera....it was a still, slightly misty spring afternoon.

Kiran
March 6th, 2011, 07:14 PM
And some more...

Kiran
March 6th, 2011, 07:23 PM
And we also had some new visitors to my garden today, a pair of Blue Tits and managed to get a picture of them feeding :)

Lion Spirit Walker
May 8th, 2011, 11:16 PM
Several nights ago I saw my first bat of the season. :)
The night before last I heard the first tree frog of the season. :)
And last night I received my first visit from one of the pair of owls that lives in this are. :)

Narnia
May 8th, 2011, 11:22 PM

Lorri! I just love this photo ... can't believe I missed it!!

Anjou
May 9th, 2011, 05:38 PM

That is funny, because I saw my first bat about a week ago, in the middle of the day, attached to the bare outside wall of my place of employment---not under an eave or overhang or anything, just asleep against the wall with no obvious protection. It was gone the next day. I hope safely so. :wacko1:

Kiran
May 9th, 2011, 07:32 PM
The night before last I heard the first tree frog of the season. :)
And last night I received my first visit from one of the pair of owls that lives in this are. :)

As you know I love bats...here in the city we don't often see them but I live in hope that if we have a good summer...we might see them flying around after bugs :)

Kiran
May 9th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Lorri! I just love this photo ... can't believe I missed it!!

Thanks Polly...I was just lucky to catch them at the right angle for the shot :)

Lion Spirit Walker
May 10th, 2011, 03:45 AM
Near my home is a small wooded area. In amongst the trees is a circular clearing. If you happen to be there mid to late summer just as the sun is setting, all the bats come out of the trees. They fly all around you catching insects that are flying low. It's almost magical the way so many of them fly around you. Hopefully I'll get to experience this again this year with camera in hand. ;)

Kiran
May 10th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Oh that sounds wonderful!! I'd love to be able to share that with you honey....photos will be too cool!!!

Lion Spirit Walker
May 11th, 2011, 03:43 AM
It really is amazing. Another cool thing about it i how you can feel as well as hear their echo-location calls. Very cool. ;)

Kiran
May 11th, 2011, 08:29 AM
It really is amazing. Another cool thing about it i how you can feel as well as hear their echo-location calls. Very cool. ;)

Oh I envy you there......sounds so brilliant!!! Love it!

Mr. Brightside
May 21st, 2011, 08:00 PM
A few more pics I took last week, from my trips wich are better suited here

This forest looked amazing in real life, Some parts were emerald green with other parts as black as night

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b340/Saltwater1000/Ullswater13.jpg

Somewhere over the rainbow

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b340/Saltwater1000/Ullswater106.jpg

Kiran
May 21st, 2011, 08:06 PM
Stunning shots Sean!! I love the greenery of the woods..reminds me of here right now. We had a lot of rain this week but hey...its what makes Ireland the emerald isle!!!
I love the rainbow you caught in the second one!! Really cool honey :)

Kiran
June 23rd, 2011, 08:11 PM
Was out in my garden again with the camera today and thought I would share some shots I took :)

Anjou
June 23rd, 2011, 09:18 PM
Was out in my garden again with the camera today and thought I would share some shots I took :)

Gorgeously green! (Save for the blue sky, of course.)
Thanks for sharing! :Boy_yes3:

Kiran
June 23rd, 2011, 09:31 PM
Gorgeously green! (Save for the blue sky, of course.)
Thanks for sharing! :Boy_yes3:

You are very welcome my dearest friend :) Tis sad to say but only for the rain here in Ireland, it would not be so green...so guess there is an upside to everything :wink.1:

Narnia
June 24th, 2011, 12:18 AM
You keep a lovely garden dear Lorri!! :D

Kiran
June 24th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Thank you Polly. It is only small but I like it...it is a little inner city haven :)

Mr. Brightside
June 27th, 2011, 01:19 PM
On a glorious weekend recently i went back to the Lakes hiking in the mountains, I took this photo on the last day, on the way back down from a mountain called Cat Bells overlooking Derwentwater lake. this is only a little mountain but some of the views from it on a clear day are amazing. Looking toward the bigger fells and Keswick town in the distance i thought, I could quite happily live here..

Now I know how Beatrix Potter felt, after coming here on holiday for years she moved to the Lakes permanantley to write her childrens stories..

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b340/Saltwater1000/DSC02850.jpg

Kiran
June 27th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Wow stunning picture Sean!! Beautiful!

Mr. Brightside
June 27th, 2011, 03:26 PM
why thank you dear, :)

The view from all sides of catbells is amazing, The view from the top looking westward also blew me away.. When I got back I found this wallpaper and I have had it as my desktop ever since, It shows it in all its glory,

Borrowdale (http://www.photoradar.com/files/imagecache/original_large/photos/users/trevena/view-from-catbells-3.jpg)

And Catbells one of the little mountains we climbed that day

http://www.paulharley.net/images/open_edition/cat-bells-derwentwater.jpg

Lion Spirit Walker
June 28th, 2011, 12:21 AM
Wow. Very nice images, each of you. And the painting, as nice as it is doesn't seem to do the images justice. Very cool photography to you both Lorri and Sean.

Narnia
June 28th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Now i know how Beatrix Potter felt, after coming here on holiday for years she moved to the Lakes permanantley to write her childrens stories..

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b340/Saltwater1000/DSC02850.jpg

Didn't Beatrix Potter bequeth her 4,000 some arces of land to a National Trust?

Beautiful photo Sean ...

Lion Spirit Walker
June 28th, 2011, 08:33 PM
I can certainly see how creative inspiration could be found in such an area. It is beautiful.

Kiran
July 5th, 2011, 04:25 PM
I was at the beach over the weekend and got some shots with the camera.....just the place to recharge the batteries.

Narnia
July 5th, 2011, 06:24 PM
The beach you visit is so lovely!! :two hearts:

Lion Spirit Walker
July 6th, 2011, 03:10 AM
The call of the oceans...
Hmmm. It remains with me to this day. Wonderful photos. :)

Kiran
July 6th, 2011, 08:24 AM
The beach you visit is so lovely!! :two hearts:

It is a little wild and very unspoilt which is why I love it so Polly :)

Kiran
July 6th, 2011, 08:25 AM
The call of the oceans...
Hmmm. It remains with me to this day. Wonderful photos. :)

Thank you my dearest Michael....I know...I too felt its call which is why I needed to be there....and still do.

Lion Spirit Walker
July 8th, 2011, 12:20 AM
Throughout the past seven years approximately a pair of redtailed hawks have been living in the immediate area where I live. For the first time I've been able to witness the offspring of their pairing. They apparently nested near my apartment and gave birth to a baby. I've listened to it calling out to it's parents for meals, etc. At first I didn't realise it was the baby of the hawk pair, although it's call is both distinct and louder than the other birds in this area. It wasn't until two days ago when it came flying past my balcony that I realized it was the baby hawk I had been listening to. It was very cool to see this large baby hawk flying close enough to my balcony that I could see the 'baby down' while listening to it calling out to it's parents while flying. It's flight appeared a bit unsteady but strong. Soon enough it will be on it's way to find it's own home and life partner.

Anjou
July 8th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Throughout the past seven years approximately a pair of redtailed hawks have been living in the immediate area where I live. For the first time I've been able to witness the offspring of their pairing. They apparently nested near my apartment and gave birth to a baby. I've listened to it calling out to it's parents for meals, etc. At first I didn't realise it was the baby of the hawk pair, although it's call is both distinct and louder than the other birds in this area. It wasn't until two days ago when it came flying past my balcony that I realized it was the baby hawk I had been listening to. It was very cool to see this large baby hawk flying close enough to my balcony that I could see the 'baby down' while listening to it calling out to it's parents while flying. It's flight appeared a bit unsteady but strong. Soon enough it will be on it's way to find it's own home and life partner.

:aok Cool. Very cool. :good

Lion Spirit Walker
July 9th, 2011, 02:57 AM
I'm still smiling each time I hear the baby hawk outside.

Lion Spirit Walker
July 9th, 2011, 04:36 AM
Watching the dance of fireflies in the night.
Life is amazing.

Kiran
July 9th, 2011, 09:45 AM
It is that my friend! I have the car (woohoo!) - not had it in a while with Martin going home pretty much every weekend. The sun is shining at last and I feel a need to get out and about in nature....bringing the camera with me of course ;)

Kiran
July 9th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Here are some shots I managed to get today :)

Lion Spirit Walker
July 9th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Very cool photos Kiram. :)
Love the strawberry.

Kiran
July 9th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Very cool photos Kiram. :)
Love the strawberry.

Thank you dearest :)

Lion Spirit Walker
June 20th, 2012, 02:25 AM
Saw my first Firefly of the season this evening... Too cool. :)

Lion Spirit Walker
June 21st, 2012, 04:05 AM
The cicadas are beginning to sing. And a thunderstorm is rolling by helping to cool the night.
I love nature. :)

Lion Spirit Walker
June 21st, 2012, 10:34 PM
Bumble Bees & Dragonflies.... Too cool. :)

Narnia
June 28th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Butterflies, Dragonflies, Worms, and Snakes; all hanging out in the veggie Garden in recent days ... :)

Kiran
June 28th, 2012, 04:16 PM
http://img0.liveinternet.ru/images/attach/c/3/83/437/83437116_22_SpiritOfTheDragonfly_Pic.jpg

kowalskil
July 2nd, 2012, 01:59 AM
About 7 years ago, I was just arriving at work and saw a beautiful moment in nature, which I will never forget....

At the time I was working as a groundskeeper on a spanky estate. The estate had a 1/4 mile driveway, which was lined with tall oak trees and pines, brushes of all kinds, stones and boulders and open grassy areas, it even had a little stream on side.....

I had just parked my Jetta and when I got out of the car and turned around to walk up to the 'big house' to start my day, I was stopped in my tracks, because I saw one of the cleaning ladies driving up the driveway and flying gracefully, just 2 feet above her car, was a hawk....

It was coasting/flying just above where the windshield and roof of the car meet....it must have been flying above her car for the entire length of the driveway and when she reached the top of the driveway, the hawk proceeded to fly into the woods nearby...

WOW, that was a moment in nature I'll never forget!

So, do you have any cool stories in nature to share?

We live in New Jersey on the 27th floor of a tall building, facing the George Washington Bridge and the Hudson River, which is about one mile wide in our location. About two weeks ago an unusual double rainbow appeared during a sun shower. The nearest arc originated near the foot of our building, stretched over the river, and ended above the upper Manhattan skyline. As we admired the splendor, two deer emerged from the wooded area adjoining our grounds.
What a coincidence!

Lion Spirit Walker
July 3rd, 2012, 12:48 AM
Ludwik, that certainly sounds like a wonderful sight to see. Thank you for sharing it. :)

Lion Spirit Walker
July 3rd, 2012, 12:49 AM
http://img0.liveinternet.ru/images/attach/c/3/83/437/83437116_22_SpiritOfTheDragonfly_Pic.jpg
Beautiful image. :)

Lion Spirit Walker
July 3rd, 2012, 12:50 AM
Butterflies, Dragonflies, Worms, and Snakes; all hanging out in the veggie Garden in recent days ... :)
Hope your enjoying your visitors. :D

Narnia
June 24th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Yesterday I was out in the yard attending to some much needed yard work ....

And as I was walking past our side-porch, where we kept our grill and the grill's table set-up ... my eye was caught by a couple of Yellow Jackets surveying the grill's table for places to land .... I was curious as to why they were so interested in the table, so I stopped to watch them. They both finally alighted and settled on its topside, and immediately processed to cut/clip away the tiny wood fibers sticking up. They moved in a backwards motion as they collected the wood fibers (apparently for the construction of their hive) and made itsy-bitsy balls about an 1/8" in size .... once they were satisfied with their collected material ... they took flight and zoomed off somewhere into the neighbouring woods!!

It was absolutely fascinating watching them ... I got my face as close as I could to them without putting them in 'alarm/sting' mode ...

I'll never forget that ... they were so proficient and diligent as they made the tiny little itsy-bitsy balls of wood fibers!!

Lion Spirit Walker
June 24th, 2013, 09:48 PM
That is cool Narnia.
Throughout the past four weeks (approx.) I've watched a wasp construct it's nest and tend to it on my balcony. It is cool to watch.

:cool.3:

Lion Spirit Walker
June 28th, 2013, 12:51 AM
As I watched the wasp tend her (?) nest this afternoon I noticed an ant approaching it. Apparently the wasp noticed it as well. She was quick to defend the nest and chased the ant away.

Lion Spirit Walker
July 4th, 2013, 01:12 AM
What had begun as a single wasp has now become a small colony.
Cool to watch.

Narnia
July 4th, 2013, 10:37 PM
What had begun as a single wasp has now become a small colony.
Cool to watch.

I recently discovered a nest of Yellow Jackets in one of our solar powered yard night lights .... I wonder if they'll like having a night light in their new digs!?!

Lion Spirit Walker
August 11th, 2013, 02:44 AM
That is a good question Narnia. I wonder if the light might disrupt their sleep patterns.
The baby wasp have emerged from their chambers. Babies are everywhere. One appears to have developed without it's wings. It will be fine as long as the mothers are taking care of it. But when the mothers go away... well.

Narnia
August 11th, 2013, 10:56 PM
That is a good question Narnia. I wonder if the light might disrupt their sleep patterns.

It probably does to some effect, however it shouldn't be long lasting in its effect because the nest will be removed out at the end of the season ...

The baby wasp have emerged from their chambers. Babies are everywhere. One appears to have developed without it's wings. It will be fine as long as the mothers are taking care of it. But when the mothers go away... well.

Only Nature/Universal Law will tell .....

Lion Spirit Walker
August 17th, 2013, 11:47 PM
'Wasps 101', lol.
It has been and continues to be a very positive experience in having the opportunity to watch the behavior and life cycle of the wasps on my balcony this year. I've learn so much more about them than I've ever known before.

Lion Spirit Walker
August 27th, 2013, 08:19 PM
I've learned that the wasps on my balcony are Paper Wasps, one of 22 species found in the US. And 1,100 known species worldwide. They tend to only be aggressive in situations where they feel threatened, the nest is disturbed, and they're territorial. Although they haven't bothered me at all.
I also learned that the venom of the larger wasps is toxic enough as to have the potential of killing dogs, cats, wolves, and birds of pray.
They also have the ability of facial recognition similar to humans.
They are very interesting.

Kiran
August 28th, 2013, 06:24 PM
I've learned that the wasps on my balcony are Paper Wasps, one of 22 species found in the US. And 1,100 known species worldwide. They tend to only be aggressive in situations where they feel threatened, the nest is disturbed, and they're territorial. Although they haven't bothered me at all.
I also learned that the venom of the larger wasps is toxic enough as to have the potential of killing dogs, cats, wolves, and birds of pray.
They also have the ability of facial recognition similar to humans.
They are very interesting.

Very cool! I think they also might sense your energy Michael, as gentle as it is :) :two hearts:

kowalskil
August 28th, 2013, 06:35 PM
'Wasps 101', lol.
It has been and continues to be a very positive experience in having the opportunity to watch the behavior and life cycle of the wasps on my balcony this year. I've learn so much more about them than I've ever known before.

Thank you for sharing; I did not know about all this.

Ludwik

Narnia
August 30th, 2013, 12:43 AM
Very cool! I think they also might sense your energy Michael, as gentle as it is :) :two hearts:

Was thinking the same here ... :giveheart

Narnia
August 30th, 2013, 12:43 AM
Thank you for sharing; I did not know about all this.

Ludwik

Ludwik ... long time no see!! How have you been!?!

Lion Spirit Walker
October 17th, 2014, 08:14 PM
The warm colors of autumn come in contrast to the cooler temps of the season. It all comes together providing a clear sense of change.
I do enjoy this time of year.