PDA

View Full Version : Science Fiction

Mr. Brightside
December 3rd, 2008, 07:39 PM
Any science fiction fans on the board? I have been a fan of various SF from when I was very small, One of the first programmes I ever remember watching was Dr.Who with the then doctor Jon Pertwee who was an excellent Dr Who. (showing my age again) I love the overview of the Earth from a different perspective, but what appeals to me most is the characters who inhabit these far off lands, spaceships, spacestations. I have watched some shows from start to finish then watched them all over again each time finding something new.

Doctor Who holds a special place in my heart simply because I grew up with it, I love its new re-invention, Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant are both great in the part, I am looking forward to the Christmas special and to finding out who the new doctor who will be when David quits next year.

Very recently I watched the full season of Firefly, all 14 episodes and The Serenity movie.

What an amazing show I cant believe I had not seen this before, best show I have seen since Babylon 5 (another favourite) the tagline is “9 people looking out to space and seeing different things” The backstory is great and all the characters are very likable and watchable. I found myself laughing out loud a few times the humour certainly appealed to me. The character of River is especially intriguing with her amazing mental powers and agilty, This show has kept me hooked for the last few weeks. I am a bit gutted that thats all there is :( maybe Joss Whedon will figure out a way to bring it back in some form.

I also love Red Dwarf, Its probably my fav Sci Fi even though its comedy, The characters are excellent, especially Holly and Kryten the best news I heard this year is that they are making 4 specials to be aired sometime in 2009. I cant wait....

God's Toy
December 3rd, 2008, 08:41 PM
Yep big SiFi lover here too!

You name it and I'll be there watching it on TV (or net).
The big budget stuff right down to home grown youtube silly stuff , I'll watch it all. :girl_yes3 (1):

Samael
December 3rd, 2008, 08:51 PM
I think a lot of Enigma fans are also SF fans.. I like a lot of SF stuff, from series, movies and recently games :) From Star Wars to Farscape

Mr. Brightside
December 3rd, 2008, 11:01 PM
Thats cool, do you guys have any favorite shows? I have never see all of Farscape only some of the first season, enjoyed what I watched though..

2009 should be a good year, some things to look out for:

Battlestar Galactica - Final Season - Preview (http://video.scifi.com/player/?id=856681#videoid=850122)

The final season of the new Battlestar Galactica returns on January 16th I cant wait for this, been looking forward to it for what seems like ages, It has been an amazing series. I never watched the original show so dont know what happens now they have reached Earth but have been addicted to this rebooted version. The new spin off series Caprica due in 2010 could be quite promising also.

Star Trek XI - Preview (http://www.startrekmovie.com)

What JJ Abrams is doing to Star Trek has been the subect of a lot of contention amongst fans who think he is deviating away from previous Star Trek too much and is rewriting the book. I personally believe it needed a re-boot and was becoming a bit stale so am quite looking forward to this new version. The last Star Trek I really enjoyed watching was "Deep Space Nine"

Lost Season 5 - Preview (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NIzsa3BD0SI&feature=related)

Still 2 camps, still getting attacked left right and centre, good versus evil, (but which is which) Jack still being way too cool :) Locke and Said still being over dramatic, I love this show, It returns on January 31st, Dunno if you would class it as Science Fiction but I am really looking forward to it anyway..

And did I mention Red Dwarf

No Trailer or plot yet, just thousand of hungry fans like me waiting in anticipation..

Smoke me a kipper
Ill be back for breakfast :D

God's Toy
December 3rd, 2008, 11:51 PM
From a very young age I was a fan of Star Trek (Original series) , I love the concept and ideas behind it.
from there TNG and all the treks had me glued to my seat but DS9 I would re-watch forever...

If I had to pick a favorite show it would be something by Gene Roddenberry, I understand how he use to see the world and I can relate, maybe Earth: Final Conflict (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth:_Final_Conflict) or Andromeda (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andromeda_%28TV_series%29) as once more I love the ideas behind the shows and it's message.

Right new I'm lovin Heroes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes_%28TV_series%29)
I am happy to watch anything tech and sifi so bring on DR Who (All of them, old and new!) or anything star wars or Battlestar, even Red Dwarf related!.

Regards,

Peter

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes_%28TV_series%29)

Kiran
December 4th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Ooh ooh me too!!!:girl_yes3 (1)::girl_yes3 (1):

I love all the shows above except I never really got into Red Dwarf. I loved Andromeda too and shame it was taken off.
I absolutely love Heroes...so cool!!!

Yes Gollum, I thought it was sad they find the two best ever Doctors and now they are changing again. I loved the storyline between the Dr and Billie finding eachother again...made me cry I have to admit!! Will the new one live up to the role I wonder??

Tzvika
December 4th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Battlestar Galactica - Final Season - Preview (http://video.scifi.com/player/?id=856681#videoid=850122)

The final season of the new Battlestar Galactica returns on January 16th I cant wait for this, been looking forward to it for what seems like ages, It has been an amazing series. I never watched the original show so dont know what happens now they have reached Earth but have been addicted to this rebooted version. The new spin off series Caprica due in 2010 could be quite promising also.
YAY! BIG Galactica fan here! Cant wait for the series to continue. It had its times of sappyness, but still remaind genius.

Obviously i saw the LOTR trilogy and even have the deluxe directors special edition with 12 DVD's :drool:, i saw the original star wars trilogy and most of the star trek movies. I wouldnt call my self an avid fan, but i do enjoy SciFi.

Genesis
December 4th, 2008, 08:11 PM
I used to watch Red Dwarf every Saturday night at 11:30 (Doctor Who would come on right after it) in the 90's.

IT was the mose spaced out acid trip on steroids I ever ran across, and mixed with classic British humour, it was pure Genius.

Cat was my favourite.

Mr. Brightside
December 4th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Love Heroes great show

I hope the new doctor does live up to the role Lorri, fingers crossed, the jurys still out on who will be Tennants replacement, we still have 4 specials with David Tennant which im looking forward to..

Love "Lord of the Rings" too Tzvika as you can probably tell ;) Looking forward to The Hobbit when it eventually gets made.

The Cat is funny, completely shallow and egotistic but you have got to love him with his thousand of suits, one for every occasion :D My favorite character is "Holly" with His/Her deadpan humour.

Babylon 5 was another amazing show, I have watched it from start to finish a few times and never tire of it, The whole story arc and universe they created was great with superb characters, especially Londo and Gkar.

Kiran
December 5th, 2008, 08:23 AM
I hope they do make The Hobbit!! I first read that when I was about 12 years old and thats when my passion for Tolkein began!!!

Yes Sean...will look forward to those!!!

Tzvika
December 5th, 2008, 01:50 PM
I loved Pan's Labyrinth and even HellBoy. I'm sure Guillermo del Toro will know exactly what do to with the script that he will get, and considering its the same people who wrote LOTR, its gonna be nothing less than perfect.

Stargazer
December 5th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Science Fiction?...hmm i remember jeepers creepers 1 & 2.....wow it was very well made and i was hoping for a part 3 but there are no signs of it.

Kiran
December 5th, 2008, 03:26 PM
I loved Pan's Labyrinth and even HellBoy. I'm sure Guillermo del Toro will know exactly what do to with the script that he will get, and considering its the same people who wrote LOTR, its gonna be nothing less than perfect.

Yes I loved Pan's Labyrinth and Hellboy. I have to say I love all the Marvel/comic book films on the whole! I am embarrassed to say I have a large DVD collection of them!
Have all three X Men, Spiderman, Fantastic Four etc etc etc as my kids would say...oh the shame!!!:blush lol

Jester Black
December 5th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Im a huge SciFi fan, but much more on the literary side than the film side, although I do enjoy a well made film or series like Battlestar Galactica. I have a scifi library that rivals a lot of libraries and includes every single Nebula and Hugo winner. Big fan of Frank Herbert, Stephen Donaldson (I think his Chronicles of Thmas covenant rivals LOTR) and Orson Scott Card

Kiran
December 5th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Im a huge SciFi fan, but much more on the literary side than the film side, although I do enjoy a well made film or series like Battlestar Galactica. I have a scifi library that rivals a lot of libraries and includes every single Nebula and Hugo winner. Big fan of Frank Herbert, Stephen Donaldson (I think his Chronicles of Thmas covenant rivals LOTR) and Orson Scott Card

I remember reading Michael Morrcock books years ago and I would definitely recommend the Eternal Champion series and Dancers at the End of Time!

Mr. Brightside
December 5th, 2008, 06:59 PM
I read a few books of Frank Herberts Dune saga (Dune and Dune Messiah) a lot of years ago they were really good, at some point I will read the rest of the saga.

I am a big fan of Terry Pratchets books, love the craziness and humour of the Discworld series.

God's Toy
December 5th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Ha, Discworld! loved that, loved the PS1 game too.
"Did someone get the number of that Donkey cart":clap

Mr. Brightside
December 5th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Ha, Discworld! loved that, loved the PS1 game too.
"Did someone get the number of that Donkey cart":clap

lol The Discworld games were fantastic, I loved the old graphical Adventure games like Monkey Island, Lure of the temptress, Simon The Sorcerer , It was a masterstroke getting Eric Idle to do the voice of Rincewind on Discworld and getting other well known actors to play the other parts, (Tony Robinson, Jon Pertwee)

Mr. Brightside
December 8th, 2008, 03:42 PM
I have watched a few episodes of Stargate Atlantis and it looks pretty good

(yep you have guessed it, I only discover stuff years after they have have begun lol)

Anyway I have a few questions

1. Has anybody ever watched it? If so

2. Can you watch it without watching all of Stargate, I only ever watched the Stargate film and a few episodes of Stargate SG1 now and again. Is it a stand alone series or does it run on from events that happened in SG1? I understand that people, events and places will be mentioned in Atlantis but will it be difficult to follow without watching the previous show?

3. Is it any good?

Kiran
December 9th, 2008, 08:10 AM
I really like it Sean and yes to some extent it helps if you have watched SG1 but it will stand up on its own merits too. Its just a lot of characters and issues mentioned were from the older series but its easy enough to catch up on.
I love the Stargate stuff as does Martin. The film was good but I have to say I loved Richard Dean Anderson as Jack O'Neill.

God's Toy
December 9th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Yep agree with you on that.

Love Stargate, SG1 was cool and I was sad to see RDA leave it towards the end. Maybe he could see the end was coming?

Atlantis is really getting into it's own now and at this is season 5 I hope we have at least 5 more before it's canned too. Really like MCkay, hell you could have a spin off just on him I bet.

Only thing that bugs me about SG1 and Atlantis is the 'baddys' end up becomming less evil over the seaons. What once made you jump in fear becomes something to pitty and I dont think thats right, hell they should be always evil, thats why they are 'baddys' !!

Mr. Brightside
December 9th, 2008, 05:04 PM
OK thanks for your replies I will give it a whirl whilst I wait for nuBSG and Lost to return :) I quite enjoyed what I saw, great characters and the fact that Robert Picardo (the hologram doctor out of voyager) and Jewel Staite (Kaylee out of Firefly) are in it now has swung me ;)

Apparently this is its last season, apart from a 2 hour special to be shown next year.. oh well, it will still keep my me occupied for a good while yet :)

Mr. Brightside
December 10th, 2008, 07:34 PM
The new promo poster for season 5 of lost

Still two camps only they are much further apart...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e0/Lost_season_5.jpg

God's Toy
December 10th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Never got into Lost so I cant say much about it really.

Sad news about SGA but good to see they have a new story in the making. :)

Tzvika
December 10th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Never got into Lost so I cant say much about it really.
Me niether. I never could understand what could be appealing in a show that seems like even its writers are lost in the plot they created. Hey, maybe that's why its called "Lost" :D.

Genesis
December 11th, 2008, 07:54 PM
My family up north is obesessed with Lost. I got suckered into watching it when I was staying with them, and funny enough, I knew as much watching one episode as they did watching the who series.

It's appropriately named, for sure.

Mr. Brightside
December 11th, 2008, 08:08 PM
5 years down the line and still nobody knows whats going on :scratch_one-s_head:

As Tzvika said even the writers appear to be LOST and making it up sometimes :D

I have watched it from the beginning, I love it and am intrigued how it is all going to end.

Mr. Brightside
December 11th, 2008, 08:18 PM
To wet your appetite for the new series of Battlestar Galactica which is starting in January

Battlestar Galactica Webisodes (http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/webisodes/)

Tune in Friday December 12 at noon EST.

The action continues with 10 exclusive webisodes of Battlestar Galactica. "The Face Of The Enemy", picks up where Season Four of the series ended. Lieutenant Gaeta is sent off in a raptor with a handful of strangers when one of them mysteriously dies. The psychological Human vs. Cylon struggle ensues in the restrictive confines of a raptor as everyone is a suspect and paranoia sets in among the group. One by one more passengers die under puzzling circumstances and those remaining must ask themselves if a Cylon is responsible for the deaths, or if it is one of their own — a human.

God's Toy
December 13th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Maybe it's just me but I really like the older one better than the remake. still all good stuff. :)

Tzvika
December 14th, 2008, 03:00 PM
I remember seeing some episodes from the original Galactica. i'm sure it was cutting edge at the time, but you really cant compare between the two.

Mr. Brightside
January 3rd, 2009, 11:04 PM
Matt Smith has been named as the actor who will take over from David Tennant in Doctor Who - making him the youngest actor to take on the role.

Interview with the new Doctor
(http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/s4/misc/news/index_new_doctor.shtml)
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45343000/jpg/_45343633_jex_256761_de27-1.jpg

At 26, Smith is three years younger than Peter Davison when he signed up to play the fifth Doctor in 1981.

Smith will first appear on TV screens as the 11th Doctor in 2010.

He was cast over Christmas and will begin filming for the fifth series of Doctor Who in the summer. Tennant is filming four specials in 2009.

Smith was named as Tennant's replacement in Saturday's edition of Doctor Who Confidential on BBC One.

He said: "I feel proud and honoured to have been given this opportunity to join a team of people that has worked so tirelessly to make the show so thrilling.

Well I have never heard of him but lets hope he is as good as the last two actors to play the Doctor

God's Toy
January 4th, 2009, 01:16 AM
Yep here too, I dont know who that guy is.

I'm sure they will do a really good job making sure he is the Dr in every way.

Hell while I'm here, bring back Rose! :girl_yes3 (1): (and K(!)

Shades of Red
January 4th, 2009, 02:23 AM
I'm what could be called a very selective sci-fi fan. I'm old enough that I watched the original BG series and loved it. The cyclons were creepier on the original, but that's could just be me. I love the new series and just like Gollum I usually tune into things long after they've started or ended.

Loved "Firefly" so much I bought the DVD's including the deluxe edition of "Serenity". I also own the entire Babylon 5 series.

I checked out "Torchwood" and was very happy with all the DVD extras to explain a bunch of stuff as I'm basically a wimp when it comes to scary stuff. That's part of the reason I don't watch as much as I probably could and generally watch after things have started.

I used to watch "Star Trek - Next Generation" and "Enterprise". Couldn't seem to catch onto any of the other pieces of the franchise. Saw the original "Star Wars" series I don't know how many times, but never bothered to invest in the tapes or DVD's.

Mr. Brightside
January 18th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Watched Battlestar galactica last night, what an amazing comeback, I wont spoil it for anybody who watches it but it was well worth the wait, It was a very dark and brooding episode with a few major twists and turns

now I know why I love this show..

Cant wait till next week :)

Tzvika
January 21st, 2009, 03:22 PM
WOOHOO!!! Finally! The greatest Sci-fi show ever!

God's Toy
January 21st, 2009, 03:57 PM
Not a fan of this remake. No real reason- just never found the time to catch up. Last night I seen the start of one on sky 1 HD. Picture quality was really bad for some reason... Maybe that was the look they wanted ? Don't know but it didn't grab me to see the rest.

I am still mad they killed Stargate Atlantis so for me (right now) nothing can replace that show.

Mr. Brightside
January 21st, 2009, 08:45 PM
You dont know what your missing Peter ;) Saying that if you havent watched it from the beginning it would be hard to follow I would have thought..

I have watched half of season 1 of Stargate Atlantis and its not bad, I might get into Stargate Universe more with Robert Carlyle in it (One of my favorite actors)

Now I am looking forward to the craziness of Lost which starts again tonight :)

Samael
January 23rd, 2009, 05:51 AM
I remember when I was very small 3-6 years old, I can't be sure, I remember I was still not going to school and that every morning before my mom drooped me at daycare that I watched this super TV Show about some aliens and lizards :D Many year later I found out that it was show called "V" :)

If someone asked me what were my 2 earliest memories ever, that would be :

1. "V" TV Show
2. a scent of JOOP! perfume my mom used

http://www.canaltcm.com/myfiles/estrenos/diana-v-series.jpg

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~culttv/v-thefinalbattlepic.JPG

Kiran
January 23rd, 2009, 08:22 AM
Did I hear someone mention Stargate Universe??? Whats this??? Like you Peter I am suffering withdrawals after finishing with Atlantis and have been watching the repeats on Sky!
A new Stargate??? Wow sounds good!!!

Mr. Brightside
January 25th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Stargate is getting as big as Star Trek now with all its movies and spin offs,

http://www.gateworld.net/universe/graphics/100_header.gif

Stargate Universe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_Universe)

Gateworld (http://www.gateworld.net/universe/s1/100.shtml)

Stargate Universe is an upcoming science fiction television series, part of the Stargate franchise. The series was green lit on August 22, 2008 and is scheduled to debut as a two- or three-hour movie and then begin regular weekly airings on SCI FI in the third quarter of 2009.[1] Brad Wright and Robert C. Cooper will serve as executive producers and writers. The announced main cast as of mid-January 2009 consists of Justin Louis as Colonel Everett Young, David Blue as Eli Wallace, Brian J. Smith as Lieutenant Matthew Scott, Jamil Walker Smith as Sergeant Ronald Greer, and Robert Carlyle as Dr. Nicholas Rush. Stargate Universe will start filming in early February 2009.

Stargate Universe follows the adventures of a team of explorers from Earth, who find the Ancient spaceship Destiny and must fend for themselves aboard the ship in the far reaches of the universe as they are unable to return to Earth. The show will be firmly entrenched in pre-established Stargate mythology and take place during the present time.

Tzvika
January 25th, 2009, 05:20 PM
My GOD! V! Its been ages since i last saw this. I still remember that scene where Diana gets her face pealed oof after she got hit in the face with some missle i think, and you see her in all her lizard-ish glory.

God's Toy
January 26th, 2009, 12:29 AM
I use to love that show!! I'd love to see a re make at some point.

Samael
January 27th, 2009, 03:32 PM
I use to love that show!! I'd love to see a re make at some point.

I read there was some talk about this.. http://www.themovieblog.com/2008/10/new-v-series-returning-to-tv

Mr. Brightside
March 11th, 2009, 12:47 AM
This is looking better by the day, cant wait to see it

P0xaCB2nLS0

Great soundtrack to this trailer also

God's Toy
March 11th, 2009, 07:25 AM
Ohhhhh I cant wait for it!

Just like the new Terminator flick :)

I_hIIDEQY3w

Kiran
March 11th, 2009, 12:17 PM
They both look good guys!! Thanks for sharing...can't wait!! Saw a trailer for the new Transformers film...looks good too :)

Mr. Brightside
March 11th, 2009, 01:42 PM
That new Terminator film looks good, sooooo many good movies coming out, (If the trailers are anything to go by)

Might get to see a few if I can tear myself away from watching 24 ...how addictive is that show, once you star watching it on DVD its hard not to keep going

Mr. Brightside
March 22nd, 2009, 01:11 AM
Just watched the very last epsisode of Battlestar Galactica and it was awesome, probably the most satisfying and thrilling ending I have seen of any sci fi shows, certainly better than I expected it to be, hats off to Ronald D Moore who re-imagined the series. I am a bit gutted the its all over but I am looking forward to the spin off series Caprica (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caprica_(TV_series)) and I am sure it wont be the last we see of big Bill Adama and co..

What was way cool was all the way through the seasons they have been playing clips of Bear Mcrearys All along the watchtower but right at the very end they play the Jimi Hendrix version (probably my favorite song ever)..

Oh well... back to watching LOST

Mr. Brightside
July 20th, 2009, 11:55 PM
Wow they are in the process of remaking "V" how cool is that, lets hope it is addictive as the original. It stars Elizabeth Mitchell (Juliet from LOST) who is a great actress (I wonder if she does that slow motion thing with her eyes in this :))

Today, the world woke up to find spaceships over every major city. The Visitors claim to have come in peace, bringing gifts of medical miracles and technological breakthroughs. They promise to do no harm. They’re lying.

The New V (http://www.scificool.com/preview-new-v-official-synopsis-promo-images-and-clips/)

WnNjRaBj3zs

Also a new Battlestar Galactica special called "the Plan" which is the story told from the Cylons point of view, sounds fantstic, cant wait. :)

Just after the destruction of the Twelve Colonies, two Cylon agents discuss the problem of the remaining humans, both on the planets, and those who have escaped into space. From there, the events of the series are shown from a Cylon perspective, and their underlying plan is revealed.

QYV7WeaDP_8

Mr. Brightside
July 21st, 2009, 12:05 AM
For all you Stargate lovers out there here is a trailers for the new Stargate Universe due to start in October, The story sounds interesting enough. Robert Carlyle is one of my favorite actors, will be interesting to see him in a different type of role.

LiA_Fj_nCoU

Stargate Universe (abbreviated as SGU) is an upcoming military science fiction television series, part of the Stargate franchise. The series was greenlit on August 22, 2008 and is scheduled to debut as a two- or three-hour movie and then begin regular weekly airings on Syfy in the United States in October 2009. Sky1 will air the series in the United Kingdom and Ireland in the autumn of 2009. Brad Wright, Robert C. Cooper and Carl Binder serve as executive producers and writers. Stargate Universe started filming on February 18, 2009.

Stargate Universe follows the adventures of a present-day, multinational exploration team on board the Ancient spaceship Destiny. Transported to Destiny in a distant corner of the universe and unable to return to Earth, members of the team are forced to remain on the vessel and fend for themselves. The announced main cast is Robert Carlyle as Dr. Nicholas Rush, Justin Louis as Colonel Everett Young, David Blue as Eli Wallace, Brian J. Smith as Lieutenant Matthew Scott, Jamil Walker Smith as Master Sergeant Ronald Greer, Alaina Huffman as Lieutenant Tamara Johansen, and Elyse Levesque as Chloe Armstrong.

Lots of good sci-fi shows been made recently, long may it continue :)

Rana
July 21st, 2009, 03:06 AM
when i was growing up SCI FI was huge because it was so different to the usual everyday action shows of the time : A-team,the dukes of hazard,knight rider,bionic woman,wonder woman,the partridge family,MASH all them. so when these ones came on the scene everyone loved it : the man from atlantis,star trek,DR Who,battlestar gallactica,lost in space reruns to name a few ..i too loved DR who just to see where his tardis would take him.. later in life i became a fan of :sliders,stargate ..and alien nation.

Logio
July 21st, 2009, 03:18 AM
She strapped herself into the time machine, pulled the lever pushed the botton, and she was off. Not into the past this time, but into that far future undimmed by any dross of the patina of time.

Mr. Brightside
July 21st, 2009, 12:35 PM
when i was growing up SCI FI was huge because it was so different to the usual everyday action shows of the time : A-team,the dukes of hazard,knight rider,bionic woman,wonder woman,the partridge family,MASH all them. so when these ones came on the scene everyone loved it : the man from atlantis,star trek,DR Who,battlestar gallactica,lost in space reruns to name a few ..i too loved DR who just to see where his tardis would take him.. later in life i became a fan of :sliders,stargate ..and alien nation.

The Man from Atlantis wow theres a blast from the past and "The six million dollar man" remember when he used to run in slow motion and that mad music came on :D they were all the shows I grew up on too Rana :)

She strapped herself into the time machine, pulled the lever pushed the botton, and she was off. Not into the past this time, but into that far future undimmed by any dross of the patina of time.

I wish I was with her ;)

Kiran
July 21st, 2009, 03:48 PM
For all you Stargate lovers out there here is a trailers for the new Stargate Universe due to start in October, The story sounds interesting enough. Robert Carlyle is one of my favorite actors, will be interesting to see him in a different type of role.

LiA_Fj_nCoU

Stargate Universe (abbreviated as SGU) is an upcoming military science fiction television series, part of the Stargate franchise. The series was greenlit on August 22, 2008 and is scheduled to debut as a two- or three-hour movie and then begin regular weekly airings on Syfy in the United States in October 2009. Sky1 will air the series in the United Kingdom and Ireland in the autumn of 2009. Brad Wright, Robert C. Cooper and Carl Binder serve as executive producers and writers. Stargate Universe started filming on February 18, 2009.

Stargate Universe follows the adventures of a present-day, multinational exploration team on board the Ancient spaceship Destiny. Transported to Destiny in a distant corner of the universe and unable to return to Earth, members of the team are forced to remain on the vessel and fend for themselves. The announced main cast is Robert Carlyle as Dr. Nicholas Rush, Justin Louis as Colonel Everett Young, David Blue as Eli Wallace, Brian J. Smith as Lieutenant Matthew Scott, Jamil Walker Smith as Master Sergeant Ronald Greer, Alaina Huffman as Lieutenant Tamara Johansen, and Elyse Levesque as Chloe Armstrong.

Lots of good sci-fi shows been made recently, long may it continue :)

Oh...*jumps up and down excitedly!!*...I can't wait!!!

Rana
July 23rd, 2009, 08:25 AM
[QUOTE=Gollum;9502]The Man from Atlantis wow theres a blast from the past and "The six million dollar man" remember when he used to run in slow motion and that mad music came on :D they were all the shows I grew up on too Rana :)

yes yes ..i forgot about that one ! the six million dollar man .. the original terninator (well sort of) :)

God's Toy
July 23rd, 2009, 06:46 PM
Made my day! V looks really good indeed and as I'm a SG nut I cant wait for SGU!!!! Also happy Sky are bringing it over here for us :)