PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious Wisdom Daily Quiz

Mr. Brightside
December 3rd, 2008, 04:17 PM
Yep thanks to Lorri the EMB daily quiz its still going, Only now it has evolved, It is now the Mysterious Wisdom Daily Quiz :)

test your brains and your general knowledge and win FunTrivia Bucks to spend on superb prizes such a your very own UFO

http://my.funtrivia.com/img/awards/68.jpg

or a suspicious horse

http://my.funtrivia.com/img/awards/31.jpg

Its been going for nearly 3 years now, we need some more players so to sign up for a dose of daily addictiveness click on the link below

Mysterious Wisdom Daily Quiz (http://my.funtrivia.com/tournament/Mysterious-Wisdom-Daily-Quiz-35381.html)

If you are not already a member you need to register but it only takes a mo

Look forward to seeing you all :)

Kiran
December 3rd, 2008, 04:43 PM
Yeay thanks Gollum for that!! It will be nice to have some company...for so long it has been me and Jordan keeping things going :)
HUGS

Mr. Brightside
December 3rd, 2008, 05:24 PM
Just a reminder....The quiz score goes on amount correct and the amount of time it takes you to complete it :)

Narnia
December 4th, 2008, 01:07 AM
Yeay thanks Gollum for that!! It will be nice to have some company...for so long it has been me and Jordan keeping things going :)
HUGS

Hey, speaking of Jordan....Where is she? and Why isn't she here on Mysterious Wisdom...:blink: ?!?

mary
December 4th, 2008, 05:09 AM
I just registered and take a quizz hours ago, it was so much fun, I'm out of practice though, and sadly for me I'm not so good at taking quizes either

Mr. Brightside
December 4th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Dont worry stresslessgirl its just for fun ;)

Great to see people joining up, the more the merrier :Hbounce

Tzvika
December 4th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Crap! I guessd maybe 4 questions and i got a perfect score! :drool:

Mr. Brightside
December 4th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Yep I am good at guessing also Tzvika, I know nothing about Baseball or American football but always seem to guess them correct ;)

patrik.
December 4th, 2008, 11:55 PM
Crap! I guessd maybe 4 questions and i got a perfect score! :drool:

Liar!!! ;)

Tzvika
December 5th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Liar!!! ;)
But it is your pants who will catch fire if you continue to offend me, kind sir. Good day! :hi:
:D
Bummer. only 9/10. I didnt know that Walter Cronkite used to sigh-off with "And that's the way it is.".

Mr. Brightside
January 2nd, 2009, 07:29 PM
The results for the December quiz

1. samisty 100 points
2. Lorri 99 points
3. Stargazer 89
4. jordan 56 points
5. stresslessgirl 39 points
6. CyanoVeritas 38 points
7. patrik. 11 points
8. yauluhim (11 points
9. Sphinx 5 points
10. Enkde 4 points

well done to everybody

For my prize can I have a cure for this cold :D

Anybody new want to join up your more than welcome :Hbounce

Mysterious Wisdom Daily Quiz (http://my.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=35381)

Kiran
January 3rd, 2009, 12:55 AM
Congrats on being the quiz king for December Sean!!!
Well done everyone else and thanks for joining in :)

Shades of Red
January 4th, 2009, 01:45 AM
The more the merrier is what I always say. Thanks for inviting me here and I'll try to be more faithfull with our wonderful quiz. It really is a lot of fun and you'll learn lots of interesting things.

Mr. Brightside
January 4th, 2009, 03:43 PM
The return of the quiz queen ;) Good to see you back shady :)

Shades of Red
January 4th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Thanks. It looks like we may have more people joining, which is always awesome:Hbounce

Mr. Brightside
February 1st, 2009, 11:49 AM
And the winner for January is...........drum roll.........

Lorri :yourock: :clap :drinks

Congratulations Lorri and everybody else who plays, has been a good month.

For your prize you win a 4 week cruise round the beautiful coastline of Somalia..enjoy :D

1. Lorri (143 points, 11 wins)
2. Shades of Red (139 points, 7 wins)
3. CyanoVeritas (137 points, 4 wins)
4. samisty (128 points, 9 wins)
5. Stargazer (122 points, 0 wins)
6. stresslessgirl (16 points, 0 wins)
7. patrik. (5 points, 0 wins)
8. Sphinx (4 points, 0 wins)

Come on feel the noise here (http://my.funtrivia.com/private/stats2.cfm?tid=35381)

Narnia
February 1st, 2009, 01:04 PM
I really must make more of an effort this month! :Eeksign:

Oh, and congrats to you Lorri! *have fun cruising around the Somalia coastline!!........*

*Oh yeah, and watch out for any nuclear waste kicking around on the beaches!*

Logio
February 1st, 2009, 04:00 PM
Congrats, Lorri! So...how was it growing up with Shady? Were you guys always seeing who could outdo each other in quizzes? Did your mother have to always stop the competitive brawl? j/k. LOL!

Nathan

Stargazer
February 1st, 2009, 04:43 PM
:two hearts: Congrats Lorri....great scores at hypersonic speeds ;)

I really must make more of an effort this month!
Yes Polly it would be good to have you,we miss your presence there :)

And it's only a matter of time before you go on to make high scores,many questions tend to repeat and many more questions are annoyingly America centric so i guess it should make it even more easier for you .

Kiran
February 2nd, 2009, 04:56 PM
And the winner for January is...........drum roll.........

Lorri :yourock: :clap :drinks

Congratulations Lorri and everybody else who plays, has been a good month.

For your prize you win a 4 week cruise round the beautiful coastline of Somalia..enjoy :D

1. Lorri (143 points, 11 wins)
2. Shades of Red (139 points, 7 wins)
3. CyanoVeritas (137 points, 4 wins)
4. samisty (128 points, 9 wins)
5. Stargazer (122 points, 0 wins)
6. stresslessgirl (16 points, 0 wins)
7. patrik. (5 points, 0 wins)
8. Sphinx (4 points, 0 wins)

Come on feel the noise here (http://my.funtrivia.com/private/stats2.cfm?tid=35381)

Thanks Sean...could do with some sun in this cold spell :)

Kiran
February 2nd, 2009, 04:57 PM
I really must make more of an effort this month! :Eeksign:

Oh, and congrats to you Lorri! *have fun cruising around the Somalia coastline!!........*

*Oh yeah, and watch out for any nuclear waste kicking around on the beaches!*

Yeah gotta love Sean for his ideas!!!!

Kiran
February 2nd, 2009, 04:58 PM
Congrats, Lorri! So...how was it growing up with Shady? Were you guys always seeing who could outdo each other in quizzes? Did your mother have to always stop the competitive brawl? j/k. LOL!

Nathan

:laugh::laugh: Nathan that did make me chuckle!!! You'll have to ask Shady how competitive we are ;) Nah its always in good humour :)

Kiran
February 2nd, 2009, 05:00 PM
:two hearts: Congrats Lorri....great scores at hypersonic speeds ;)

Yes Polly it would be good to have you,we miss your presence there :)

And it's only a matter of time before you go on to make high scores,many questions tend to repeat and many more questions are annoyingly America centric so i guess it should make it even more easier for you .

Thanks sweetie :) Some lucky guesses and easy to get the speeds when I have no distractions!!! ;)
Yes Polly we miss you playing and I have to agree Stargazer about the American questions...especially the sports ones!!!

Narnia
February 2nd, 2009, 07:03 PM
Thanks sweetie :) Some lucky guesses and easy to get the speeds when I have no distractions!!! ;)
Yes Polly we miss you playing and I have to agree Stargazer about the American questions...especially the sports ones!!!

AWH! Thank you Lorri and Naveen! You guys are so sweet! :girl_yes3 (1):

Yes, I did notice the rather 'American' geared questions....too bad about that! I did make an effort today and hope to as often as I can!

*he-he* I have a little confession to make...(and shh, don't tell Paul)...but now that Paul is off to work (very early in the morning) I can spend a little extra time doing 'side' stuff on the net, without really taking away from my important studio time! :)

Mr. Brightside
February 2nd, 2009, 11:36 PM
Great to see you all playing, the more the merrier :) :Hbounce

Shades of Red
February 4th, 2009, 02:02 AM
Big CONGRATS to Lorri!

So awesome a score. Congrats to everyone who played - well done and it does get easier. I kept telling everyone that and it looks like you're starting to believe me as well as prove it.

Can't really speak for our "mom", but I think she gets a kick out of the way we're so supportive of each other. I always get such pleasure out of seeing the great scores and times that are posted and even though I don't want to speak for my twin, I'm thinking she feels the same way. I'm probably one of the least competitive people you'll ever meet.

Keep on playing everyone and know that you're learning some fun facts (even if they are more American based) that you can amaze and astonish your friends with when you have a few drinks or need to pull some "fun" facts out of a hat.

....off to bed as the Niquil kicks in for my lingering cold, cough etc.....

Kiran
February 4th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Big CONGRATS to Lorri!

So awesome a score. Congrats to everyone who played - well done and it does get easier. I kept telling everyone that and it looks like you're starting to believe me as well as prove it.

Can't really speak for our "mom", but I think she gets a kick out of the way we're so supportive of each other. I always get such pleasure out of seeing the great scores and times that are posted and even though I don't want to speak for my twin, I'm thinking she feels the same way. I'm probably one of the least competitive people you'll ever meet.

Keep on playing everyone and know that you're learning some fun facts (even if they are more American based) that you can amaze and astonish your friends with when you have a few drinks or need to pull some "fun" facts out of a hat.

....off to bed as the Niquil kicks in for my lingering cold, cough etc.....

Yes honey...your twin feels exactly the same way I wouldn't be competitive but love the comments and chat and the way we all join in the bit of fun together....its not who wins but the craic we have with playing!! ;)

Mr. Brightside
April 1st, 2009, 03:02 PM
The winner of last months quiz is...........

:superman: ..........Lorri......... :yourock: :Hbounce

Congratulations Lorri, you are mighty queen of the quiz

Your prize for March is a night out with this guy

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b340/Saltwater1000/bodybuilder.jpg

Hope you enjoy it ;) Dont get too close to him he might burst :D

1. Lorri (150 points, 22 wins)
2. Shades of Red (144 points, 8 wins)
3. Sphinx (127 points, 0 wins)
4. Stargazer (122 points, 0 wins)
5. jordan (76 points, 0 wins)
6. samisty (68 points, 1 wins)
7. CyanoVeritas (4 points, 0 wins)

Come join our quiz, :Teambouncing: you know you want to, resistance is futile ;)

MW Quiz (http://http://my.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=35381)

Kiran
April 1st, 2009, 03:21 PM
Ooh no!!! Too muscle bound for me I'm afraid!!! And yes, he looks like he would burst alright!!!

Thanks for the congrats though :)

Mr. Brightside
April 1st, 2009, 03:26 PM
Looks like hes got two fully grown Aliens in his legs..

Kiran
April 1st, 2009, 03:37 PM
Yes Sean you are right there!!! Looks like that ain't the only place there :laugh

Narnia
April 1st, 2009, 05:11 PM
Yes Sean you are right there!!! Looks like that ain't the only place there :laugh

*OH!* ..... I'm totally jealous of your spanking-hot-rock-hard date!

Hey! .... if he's the prize for 1st place .... I'm going all the way for 1st place this month .... YEAH BABY!! ................. :laugh:

Kiran
April 1st, 2009, 06:12 PM
*OH!* ..... I'm totally jealous of your spanking-hot-rock-hard date!

Hey! .... if he's the prize for 1st place .... I'm going all the way for 1st place this month .... YEAH BABY!! ................. :laugh:

I don't mind passing him onto you Polly - too much for me to handle!! :laugh:

Stargazer
April 1st, 2009, 06:12 PM
Well done Lorri..:clap:

And Sean,how about changing the quiz topic from 'mixed bag' to something different may be ?

Kiran
April 1st, 2009, 06:21 PM
Thanks Stargazer....good idea. In the early days we would have film quizzes and music quizzes etc....

Mr. Brightside
April 2nd, 2009, 12:29 AM
Ok no problem, for this week we have

Sunday - General Knowledge
Monday - Movies
Tuesday -History
Wednesday - Religion
Thursday - World Trivia
Friday - Music
Saturday - Celebrities

See how it goes if you want a particular quiz topic let me know, I will give you a full list of whats available and come up with a regular way of changing the topics when I have time, If there is a quiz you want leaving out let me know...

Just think no more baseball or american football questions :Hbounce

Stargazer
April 2nd, 2009, 03:38 AM
Thank you Sean.....a different topic each day is interesting :)

Kiran
April 2nd, 2009, 08:16 AM
Thanks Sean....now we'll see the rankings change!!! lol

Narnia
April 2nd, 2009, 02:07 PM
Ok no problem, for this week we have

Sunday - General Knowledge
Monday - Movies
Tuesday -History
Wednesday - Religion
Thursday - World Trivia
Friday - Music
Saturday - Celebrities

See how it goes if you want a particular quiz topic let me know, I will give you a full list of whats available and come up with a regular way of changing the topics when I have time, If there is a quiz you want leaving out let me know...

:thanks: Sean!! I like what you came up with and I look forward to the welcomed change! :biggrin

Just think no more baseball or american football questions :Hbounce

Real cause for celebration!! YEAH!!!!!!!! :Hbounce

Shades of Red
April 4th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Congrats to Lorri - awesome month of quizing. :yourock:

Big CONGRATS to everyone who participated. I've said it on the board and will repeat it here - I always smile when I go to the quiz and see all the people playing and the scores.

Stargazer
August 21st, 2009, 04:02 PM
SOS

Wanted !.......our tournament host 'Samisty' is missing from our quizzing circuit for many months now.....:blink:

Any help in tracking him down would be deeply appreciated......We miss his warmth and humor :D

Please direct him to http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=35381

and need i say that all are welcome to join us ? :Boy_yes3: :Hbounce :gathering: :girl_yes3 (1):

God's Toy
August 21st, 2009, 05:54 PM
Yes I agree and good for you to reach out here.

Have some good Karma for your post!

Mr. Brightside
August 21st, 2009, 07:18 PM
That damn "samisty" he comes along makes the questions hard then sods off for a vacation :D

Ok I am so sorry, i keep forgetting about the quiz, Its been a mad few months but I promise I will return and join in the fun and give out some amazing prizes ;)

I have a cunning plan to keep things ticking over when I am not around

Thanks for reminding me Naveen ;) :yourock:

I wonder if this is the longest running quiz in funtrivias history, It has been going for many years thanks to a few who keep the light on, well done guys :)

Kiran
August 22nd, 2009, 07:42 AM
Whoa! This is a thread blast from the past!! lol
Yes it is still going and good to see Sean join us again. We have missed you honey! Poor Stargazer has been the only man on the team...nice to get some gender balance back!! :D