PDA

View Full Version : What Is Freedom To You?

Lion Spirit Walker
June 17th, 2011, 08:36 PM
We each have a unique perspective on reality and concepts there of.
In your perspective, what is Freedom to you?

:cool.3:

Kiran
June 17th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Thats a good question Michael and a hard one!
Hmm...for me, I think it is just being me. It has taken a long time for me to get to this place and now I just want to continue to grow and learn. All my life others from my parents etc have tried to make me something I am not and to people please, I became that and lost myself. Now I am on a forward moving path and intend staying on it.

inutero
June 18th, 2011, 06:44 AM
To me freedom is tolerance...you might not always agree with people and their views, but tolerance means that you respect their point of view and so the world moves on...

Jordan
June 18th, 2011, 10:04 AM
good & hard question Michael ... hmmm I think that our sense of freedom changing according to situations in life ... for me, at this moment, freedom is a life without fear

Lion Spirit Walker
June 21st, 2011, 06:17 AM
I truly appreciate each of your answers, and each of you for taking the time to share.
For myself, freedom is a state of inner peace.

Rana
June 22nd, 2011, 04:50 AM
what is the concept called freedom to me ? hmm well on this plane of my existence confined to this body,this mind i would say being able to sit in meditation for the moment and not be a part of the physical realm ..that is my true freedom xx

Jester Black
June 22nd, 2011, 04:48 PM
This is so simple

To be able to awaken in the morning without fear of persecution or oppression because of my name, ethnicity, the color of my skin, or my political and other affiliations

To be able to think of my own free will, without the influence or coercion of those who would have me think otherwise

To be able to decide what is best for me – that NO ONE has either the right or the ability to impose what THEY believe is best without first walking a day in my shoes

To be able to say who and what I am and having that respected without the jaded influence of envy

To be able to pursue my own place in this world because it is what I desire and not because it is what they want

To be able to call myself an American and still hold on to my native American and Puerto Rican heritage

To have the right to criticize my government and work to change it if it serves me poorly

To be able to love and be loved regardless of imagined social, economic, or racial barriers

To have the right to defend myself against those who would deny me these aforementioned rights

To be able to look in the mirror and be at peace with who I am, because it is what I chose and what my father and countless others died for

BlueStar
June 22nd, 2011, 06:56 PM
Freedom is liberation from the mind. The ability to question my thoughts, to not automatically accept everything that goes through my mind as being the absolute truth has been the greatest freedom in my life -- including the ability to turn things around and see how opposite perspectives might be just as true. Freedom is a letting go, letting go of what I thought I knew, what I thought I believed, what I thought the world and other people were about. Freedom is BEING.

Great topic Michael.

Lion Spirit Walker
June 27th, 2011, 11:31 PM
My sincere thanks to each and all of you for sharing as you have here. It is truly good food for thought. Tyvm.

Narnia
June 28th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Nothing profound ... but to say ...

Freedom = Free to Be!

huh!? that would make a nice bumper sticker I think!

And something the u s of a needs to be reminded of ... oh did I say that out loud!

Lion Spirit Walker
June 28th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Hehe Narmia. Yes it was out loud and appreciated. Ty. Oh. And it would make a good bumper sticker. ;)

Jordan
June 29th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Nothing profound ... but to say ...

Freedom = Free to Be!

huh!? that would make a nice bumper sticker I think!

And something the u s of a needs to be reminded of ... oh did I say that out loud!

:two hearts: I LOVEEEEEEEEE THIS ONE .... FREE:two hearts: TO BE

Lion Spirit Walker
July 6th, 2011, 06:16 AM
Is the cost of one person's or a group of people's liberty too high a price for personal freedom? Or is True Freecom For All a realistic concept?

Kiran
July 6th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Is the cost of one person's or a group of people's liberty too high a price for personal freedom? Or is True Freecom For All a realistic concept?

Hmm...thats a hard question Michael. If you are talking about personal freedom.....we can see from the replies here what freedom means to us all. In an ideal world, we are all free to be what we need to be to grow and learn. I know thats a bit of a cop-out but the only reply I have right now.

Lion Spirit Walker
July 8th, 2011, 12:06 AM
In concidering this subject of liberty and it's cost, it would seem there is no right or wrong answer. Balancing the collective with the individual needs for Life.

Lion Spirit Walker
July 28th, 2011, 11:24 PM
If I am True to the path Life sets before me than I am truly Free.

BlueStar
July 31st, 2011, 12:46 PM
Freedom was waking up yesterday realising I felt rather depressed and weighed down by all that's been going on and energetic imbalances...and having the tools and abilities to shift from that state of mind into a more positive, peaceful and uplifted state. I'm so grateful for that; no matter how bad I might sometimes feel, I have the ability to lift my consciousness and come back to peace. I would love to be able to share that ability with others.

Rana
August 2nd, 2011, 12:37 AM
freedom at the moment is the realisation that through helping a friend through a hard time. i learnt much about myself. xx

Lion Spirit Walker
August 2nd, 2011, 01:22 AM
Freedom was waking up yesterday realising I felt rather depressed and weighed down by all that's been going on and energetic imbalances...and having the tools and abilities to shift from that state of mind into a more positive, peaceful and uplifted state. I'm so grateful for that; no matter how bad I might sometimes feel, I have the ability to lift my consciousness and come back to peace. I would love to be able to share that ability with others.
You do my friend. :)

Lion Spirit Walker
August 2nd, 2011, 01:24 AM
freedom at the moment is the realisation that through helping a friend through a hard time. i learnt much about myself. xx
Good karma realized. ;)

Anjou
August 2nd, 2011, 10:50 PM
I have the ability to lift my consciousness and come back to peace. I would love to be able to share that ability with others.

You do, even when you are unaware of it.

BlueStar
August 4th, 2011, 06:27 PM
You do, even when you are unaware of it.

aww thanks, that's nice to know :)

inutero
September 10th, 2011, 07:01 PM
To live as one chooses without restrictions for the better of man kind or simply to just be. Sometimes freedom must be limited to protect the greater good. A shame we as a society must impose such restrictions.

Lion Spirit Walker
September 12th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Agree my friend. Freedom with restrictions doesn't seem like freedom at all.

Rana
September 20th, 2011, 07:20 AM
freedom to be.

Kiran
October 1st, 2011, 11:49 PM
To be confident in who I am, what I am here to do, and not to worry about what others think....this is freedom for me....finally.

Narnia
October 2nd, 2011, 01:40 AM
To be confident in who I am, what I am here to do, and not to worry about what others think....this is freedom for me....finally.

Well said dearest! :girl_yes3 (1):

Lion Spirit Walker
October 11th, 2011, 04:46 AM
At present, I may not be free of illness. But I am always free to discover the growth afforded to me through such illnesses.