PDA

View Full Version : Warning about mobile/cell phones

BlueStar
June 6th, 2011, 07:17 PM
I received this from an email list I was on, and thought I would share, it's certainly worth bringing to everyone's attention.

Do not want to alarm anyone but it has been brought to my attention that Cell Phone use CAN and DOES damage the DNA in cellular tissues and this is being supported by some of the top Brain Doctors and other such Scientists in the World.

Even saw a new piece on it recently on CNN ( Anderson Cooper 360 )
so this is getting some media attention finally too.

I have done a little digging around and this is quite a serious issue and i felt it important to bring it into Group's Awareness as i do not know how many of you put your cell phone directly to your head when you talk ?? Probably almost everyone. I have too but will no longer after educating myself about the topic.

Without getting too in-depth, Cell Phones emit signals by pulsing radio waves, which are made up of radio-frequency energy (Ionizing- radiation). This sort of radiation contains enough electromagnetic energy to literally strip atoms and molecules from the cellular tissues and alter chemical reactions in the blood. For a phone to receive FCC certification and be sold in the United States, its maximum SAR level must be less than 1.6 watts per kilogram.

Gamma rays and X-rays are two forms of Ionizing Radiation. We know they cause damage, which is why they make you wear a lead vest when X-rays are taken.

While these energies are quite a bit more powerful, Cell Phone use can, when used on a daily basis, expose one to minute amounts of radiation. No one really knows what this will do over a long long time, since cell phone use is fairly recent phenomena but many studies are starting to surface that point directly to long term use of cell phones and increased risk of damage to the very dna in your cells ! This is important for those who are currently altering their dna consciously and so I would recommend limiting exposure as much as possible.

When talking on a cell phone, a transmitter takes the sound of your voice and encodes it into a continuous sine wave. A sine wave is just a simple type of continuously varying wave that radiates out from the antenna and vectors evenly through space/time.

Any electromagnetic radiation is made up of waves of electric and magnetic energy moving at the speed of light. When talking on a cell phone, most people place the phone against their ears or very close to the head. In this position, there is a good chance that some of the radiation will be absorbed into your brain tissue !

However minute, this exposure is not good over an extended period.

Cell Phone Providers have known this all along and have kept silent for years but they put warnings in the Product and Safety Guides. Very small warnings. For instance If you read very carefully in the Apple iPhone 4 Product Information Guide ( VERY carefully lol )

From the iphone Manual:

" When using iPhone near your body for voice calls or for wireless data transmission over a cellular network, keep iPhone at least 15 mm (5/8 in.) away from the body, and only use carrying cases , belt clips, or holders that do not have metal parts and that maintain at least 15 mm (5/8 in.) separation between iPhone and the body."

So, if you are one of those people who like to talk till the cows come home( do they ever come home if they live in a field o.O ) and text a lot please use a headset that plugs into your cell phone or at least remember not to hold the antenna too close to your ear and also don't carry it in your pocket if you can help it !

Again, i am NOT trying to scare anyone just a friendly heads up !

ok, that's all ...just want you all out there to be well informed and safe. All we got is us so lets look out for one another and our Mother Earth since we are a part of her too.

Narnia
June 6th, 2011, 07:38 PM
List of Mobile Phones and Radiation Levels. (http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2011/06/tech/table.phone.radiation/index.html)

Ryan
June 6th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Personally, I don't think cell phones are an issue. I'm not going to say that they don't have any impact on the body, because I am no expert on this matter (though, radiation doesn't only pertain energy waves that are dangerous to our health. It's simply a term used to describe the emission/transmission of energy through particles/waves); however, I would probably say it's safe to compare the radiation of cell phones with the radiation of Granite countertops. Just my two-cents.

--Ryan :gandolf:

God's Toy
June 6th, 2011, 10:11 PM
I know that in some countries the amount of radiation given off by the handset is a lot less than what is considered to be dangerous. Ireland is one of those, so while don't fully agree with all there findings i do feel safer using a handset here.

Still, thanks for the info, people can always be safer than sorry.

BlueStar
June 8th, 2011, 07:47 PM
The way I see it, it's still a fairly new technology with no long term studies done on health so I think it's probably good to be aware of potentially harmful effects and safest to use headsets where possible. I also use the 'airplane' mode a lot.

I sometimes wonder about the inescapable prevalence of electronic signals/radiation/etc and the effect it has on our bodies, which is not part of the way we've evolved. I wonder how our digital electronic world will affect the body's future evolution?

God's Toy
June 10th, 2011, 04:01 PM
I wonder how our digital electronic world will affect the body's future evolution?

lol think Borg.