PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in past lives? And why?

Kiran
May 26th, 2011, 02:44 PM
If you do not believe, then please say why out of respect for those that have also replied.

I knew generations back my family had come from Ireland but I had never visited it till the year before I moved here. I went to visit friends and the whole time I was here, I felt a sense of familiarity. Not the kind that you recognise things you have seen on tv etc but a deep inner knowing of the place.
I visited Limerick on my first visit and felt that sense of familiarity. On my second visit a few months later at a wedding, I went to Co Offaly (in the midlands) and immediately knew some of the places we visited in and around the area we were staying in. After that, we decided to move over for good...the pull to be here was that strong for me.
We moved in the October and by the end of that first week I knew I was home. The move was too easy and too comfortable for me not to have been here before. None of my mothers family had ever been back and so no one knew the areas I was in. And her family were originally from Co Cork and not where I was staying.
I have been blessed to make some wonderful friends here and have visited many of the sacred sites and have felt stirrings in my soul I have never felt anywhere before. I knew I have seen these things and felt like an 'overlap' of sensations was taking place. Like I was experiencing this for the first time (now) and had experienced it oh so many times in the past.

Whether you believe or you don't is fine. I know personally too many things have happened that have made me awaken to the fact that we know so little of this Universe and our part in it, that to close off from certain possibilities, will deny a part of who I am.
I know I am home and that feeling has been with me since the first day I stepped onto this soil and unlike my family who were all born in London, I never felt I belonged there and longed for open spaces and peace and quiet even as a child.

Mr. Brightside
May 26th, 2011, 11:02 PM
I visited Limerick on my first visit and felt that sense of familiarity.

maybe we met in a previous life, My grandfather was from Limerick ;)

I never felt I belonged there and longed for open spaces and peace and quiet even as a child.

I have always felt like that about were I live, Like a fish out of water, I feel like I belong somewhere else...If that makes sense Maybe one day I will find that place..

I do belive in past lives, I belive the soul or spirit is eternal and the body a vessel that houses the soul temporarily and when we die it moves on. I belive we are in a certain situation at a certain time for a reason.

Kiran
May 26th, 2011, 11:07 PM
maybe we met in a previous life, My grandfather was from Limerick ;)

Very possible honey :) Would explain a lot eh??? ;)

I have always felt like that about were I live, Like a fish out of water, I feel like I belong somewhere else...If that makes sense Maybe one day I will find that place..

I do belive in past lives, I belive the soul or spirit is eternal and the body a vessel that houses the soul temporarily and when we die it moves on. I belive we are in a certain situation at a certain time for a reason.

It makes perfect sense Sean but remember one thing, you are exactly where you are meant to be right now - we may not always see why at the time, but you will :)

Lion Spirit Walker
May 27th, 2011, 12:17 AM
I believe firmly that Life is eternal. And 'lifetimes' are like stepping stones upon an endless spiral of eternal growth of Life. I perceive a 'lifetime' as a brief point in an eternal Life when that life takes on a physical form, a shell as to experience the lessons unique to that physical form. This in turn contributes to the growth of Life.
Honestly I can go on and on with this, but there's really no need.
The reason I 'firmly believe' as I do is simple, I believe in mySelf... I Am.

Ryan
May 27th, 2011, 05:13 PM

I couldn't agree more.
And, Kiran, I know exactly what you mean. My family is mostly of German/Polish decent. I can't remember when it started, but I have always been attracted to those two countries in an obsessive way. A couple of years back I took a trip to Europe, and the feeling I received when I crossed the Rhine river into Germany--I never wanted to leave. My next desire is to visit Poland.

Jester Black
May 27th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Yes and no.

What I mean by that is that i do not believe in reincarnation in which the whole of a person is recreated. But i do believe that the universe is a creation engine that recycles everything. Most of you have seen me write about seeing and sensing threads. The best way to describe them is a linkage of ethereal conduit in which ALL information is shared across totality, linking everything that exists. Without going into excruciating detail, in terms of humans, i firmly believe that the entire history of the cosmos is written into our physical being at the cellular level. The information we gather in our lives is also collected at the cellular level. When we die, that information passes into the threads and stored until it’s ready to get passed into another sentient being during conception through a host (mommy/daddy). But that information isn’t just the information gathered by one being, but a combination of ALL beings in differing volumes. This is what drives creation and evolution, not just of humanity or sentient beings, but of the cosmos itself. Think about deja-vu. The thing that always struck me about it is that it's always clear that it isn’t something done by ME in my lifetime. It feels both familiar and totally alien simultaneously.

Now imagine for a second if someone could tap into that cosmic history tied into their very cells. Knowing the totality of the past allows you to peek into the future...cause and effect on a grand scale. Anyone know a prophet? Lol

Anyway what I’m saying is that I believe each and every one of us is a collection of information, thoughts, and memories of a multitude of sentient beings to which we add our stamp before we perish and pass what we are to another totally different individual along with all that we inherited from those that came before us. Sort of like what happens to Reverend Mothers in Dune, except that it isn’t for our benefit as much as it is for the totality of the cosmos and most of us have no idea its happening or if they do, have no idea what it really is and all too often drives people mad.

The threads are the means by which this happens, the oneness I often speak about (not the oneness that’s often referred to in spiritual terms...this one is very physical and is all inclusive). Those threads also hold everything together and are the very fabric of the universe. In physics, it’s referred to as dark matter or in some cases.....

Black Ether

Yyes that’s where I got the name for the Black Ether project. And the name of my third album, Tendrils of a Memory, is a direct reference to how the creation engine works.

In fact, the entire Black Ether project is based on that very notion.

Rana
June 3rd, 2011, 12:43 AM
for me i " believe " ,when i was a young girl around 6 i would have visions of other people in different clothing andthe landscape was very different.in New Zealand then at that time we only had two channels i thought NZ was the only place entirely an there were Maori people (like dad) and what we call Kiwi's (Non indigenous Nz'ers) ,i would have visions of what i knew was irish ( MY mums,mum family was from Tipperary so i knew he name fom hearing mum talk) i used to see a man at hs table in his cottageand his wife and two children ..i fet i knew them somehow.i also had visions of japan i the old days. being Jewish. oh so many to write .. a ive grown older i am connecting to the reason i am here in my now and what it is i am to individually learn..so hopefly wont have to d it again.

inspirit
June 3rd, 2011, 06:53 AM
I do believe that we are eternal Beings. Reincarnation yes, but I believe that you either come back to complete a lesson you did not get in another life or to learn a new lesson or even to help others to awaken. I do not believe that we come back as a cow or cat, that is my humble opinion.

I know that life is continuous because I have been aware of my Teacher Guide since I was 2 years old. I have talked to my dad who has passed and what he is doing is nothing like what the church teaches. He is integrating all of his lifetimes and having a great time doing it, while understanding all that he has learned. He may or may not reincarnate back to Earth but he will take another life form at some point. For me I have always known that this is my culminating lifetime and that I did not need to come but chose to. I will have the same choice again, to come back here or be something else.

I also have knowledge of a few of my past life's which has helped me to understand why I am the way I am in this life. I have met individuals that I KNOW yet have no way of knowing them, and they KNOW me also, Soul family.

My husband and I have already decided that if we come back we get together early on and have the ability to sing so people want to hear you, lol.