PDA

View Full Version : What is your idea of heaven?

Kiran
May 26th, 2011, 02:38 PM
The vikings had a place they believed they could go if they died with a sword in their hand and got a proper funeral...a burning ship...called Valhalla. Here they could retell stories of heroism and bravery and fight and play as hard as loved to.

What is your idea of heaven (if you believe in one) and describe it?

My own personal view is that there isn't a heaven as such (sitting on a cloud twanging on a harp) but that we can create heaven or hell here for ourselves. In that I mean by trying to clear our past/karma, we leave the next incarnation clearer for us to continue our lessons and eventually, when we have finished, we reach a higher plane/level of existence. Hmmm far too long to explain in greater detail but I hope you understand where I am going with this.

Mr. Brightside
May 26th, 2011, 11:21 PM
I kind of agree with you, I belive heaven is a place were we are most at ease with ourselves and the world around us, A place on earth were we are at peace and truly content. We see glimpses of it in our lives the closer we get to who we really are, sometimes just small moments that stay with us forever.

http://pravstalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/pravs-j-heaven-on-earth.jpg

Lion Spirit Walker
May 27th, 2011, 12:23 AM
A state of heart and of mind.
Both heaven and hell.

Ryan
May 27th, 2011, 12:25 AM
Before I share my own beliefs in this matter, I want to share this great video. Enjoy! (the ending is what is related to this post, so watch the whole thing! lol) :]

;http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV5w262XvCU

I don't believe in a heaven at all; nor an after-life, for that matter. It's simply my belief that the concept of an after-life was developed by humans to avoid their instinctual fear of death and not knowing what's beyond death. I imagine the "after-life" is much like it was before you conceived.
I do know that our bodies will live on forever in different forms, however; and that we release much of our spiritual energy out into the world that will continue to cycle through life forever. And for me, I'm very comforted by that thought--to know that the elements that make up my body will, some day, become part of a flower, the ocean, the air, etc, and that my spiritual energy may help in the growth of a tree, or the development of a child.

I am not a Christian, but I did find this to be a profound teaching by Jesus.
"If your leaders say to you, 'Behold, the kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds in the sky will get their before you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will get there before you. Rather, the kingdom is inside you and outside you. When you know yourselves, then you will be known, and will understand that you are children of the living Father. But if you do not know yourselves, then you live in poverty and embody poverty." --Gnostic teachings; The Gospel of Thomas
The Earth and our souls are our kingdom--our heaven. The two are linked as they are connected in so many ways. And it is those who deny their relationship with this world to retain material wealth and power (or to remain in pursuit of it) that are truly "in poverty and embody poverty". For they are not truly living. They have closed themselves to the life-giving energy around them, and so they remain empty.

--Ryan :gandolf:

Kiran
May 27th, 2011, 04:49 PM
I enjoyed the film the Ryan lol very cool :) Thanks for taking time to share your viewpoint honey :) I love it when we all share points of view like this :)
HUGS

BlueStar
July 4th, 2011, 07:00 PM
I can relate to what everyone is saying here. I don't really know what else to say, except - I don't really know. I'm open to everything. I do feel that every 'place' is a but movement in consciousness, and that consciousness is the composer, creater and dance of all worlds and all realms of being. Heaven, i imagine, is a more rarified dream in consciousness than the denseness of this material 3-d realm.