PDA

View Full Version : Seeking advice regarding medical waste

Lion Spirit Walker
April 9th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Throughout my adult life I've tried as much as possible to recycle everything I could. With the changes in my life due to myself living with AIDS, this has become increasingly harder to accomplish.
Just this morning I went through the usual routine of AM meds. And as usual, there was a handfull of plastics to discard afterward. My 'living' has resulted in this unreal disproportionate amount of medical waste in the form of plastics.
Is anyone aware of any way in which such plastic waste can be recycled?
It truly is a gross amount. And any advice is sincerely appreciated.

Kiran
April 10th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Well unless there is liquid in the containers Michael, most foil/plastic can be recycled. I know pill bubble packs here can be...? Just a thought?

Lion Spirit Walker
April 11th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Tyvm. My aid will be making a run to the recycling center later this week, at which time I see what they might advise.
I've already check with the medical 'professionals' and they told me it all had to be discarded in a landfill.?. Sounds a bit like the same advice they give for healthcare...

horrorstories
November 15th, 2011, 03:45 PM
I say take it to a hospital, they should already have a procedure for this.

Lion Spirit Walker
November 15th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Good point. Thank you very much.

horrorstories
November 16th, 2011, 06:35 AM
cool good luck

RobinMills
July 21st, 2012, 02:46 AM
Good point.

Lion Spirit Walker
September 3rd, 2012, 03:11 AM
A final note with regard to this issue.
Since initiating this thread the issue of medical waste has persisted. As I'm certain each of you are aware. But I've adapted and adjusted my behavior as to be as 'pro-environment' as possible. Hehe. I've even inspired the primary medical center I go to to recycle.
Where there is a will...
:cool.3: