PDA

View Full Version : Balance

Lion Spirit Walker
April 7th, 2011, 01:14 AM
All too often more people than not throw 'balance' to the wind in pursuit of a singular ideal state of being.
I believe that ALL aspects of our being human have Real Purpose, whether or not we understand this.
Shall I throw my emotions aside in pursuit of logic? I don't believe so. It's all to much like cutting off your right arm to insure your prodominately left handed. It makes no sense.
We think, we feel, we dream, we understand. It doesn't matter how ignorant to our own 'complete' state of being you may be by default or choice. We are complete. We simply fall short of realizing this to our true advantage.
If I experience anger, it isn't due to some flaw in my character. It has a valid reason for occurring.
I find it very difficult to believe otherwise. Correction. I find it impossible. It makes no sense whatsoever to think that some aspect of my being (or anyone else) is a mistake and without real purpose.
Perhaps, rather than seeking to 'refine' ourselves into something we are not, we should seek true balance and understanding of who we are.
We, as a species haven't even begun to use the potential we each hold within. Why try to be something we're not?
In the event you hadn't already noticed, 'Yes' there is passion in what I'm posting here. And even that has purpose.
Let's seek to understand and balance what we have before we begin some insane effort to discard aspects of our true selves.

BlueStar
April 7th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Excellent post my friend! Balance is the key to everything. The mind likes to 'chunk' reality down into bitesize pieces, which are then labelled good or bad, acceptable or unacceptable. But it's all part of an indivisible whole. This is where I've found the Tao Te Ching so helpful - coming back to balance and seeing the whole in the apparently separate parts.

Thank you for your insightful post! :D

Kiran
April 9th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Something I read recently.....thought I would share it here :)

"Just for today ...

Feel the Divine Union of Light and Dark within.
Acknowledge both, knowing each has its purpose
and place in facilitating the continuance of Life.

Accept wholly and completely you are both dark
and light, male and female, a full-spectrum
expression of Love. In accepting what IS,
has always been, and will always be ... feel the
illusion of separation dissolving, revealing the
joy of Unity, Wholeness, and Divine Union
filling your Being."