PDA

View Full Version : We are tech guys,(.com) Come and join us!

God's Toy
February 11th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Ok so here's the deal, as many of you know myself and Mr B are big into all things tech, :smile1: From phones to computers and gadgets and gizmos we love it all! :smile1:

So why am I telling you this? Well the two of us have just started a new tech forum!
OK so we just got this thing set up and it still being fine tuned and formatted to what works best but we would still love you all to pop by and join up! Not into tech? Well that's fine too but we would still love to have you're name on our membership books to help us off the ground, perhaps even leave some feedback while your there?..
. :ohyea: we are tech guys.com its fully and wholeheartedly recommended by us two!!! :ohyea:

Here's your link: http://wearetechguys.com/forum/

Thanks for support!

Mr B
February 11th, 2011, 11:33 PM
That's so true GT, just like you i'm into tech stuff and love it. It has always been a part of my life and it always will be, computers, tablets, phones, camera's, gameconsoles, operating systems.... you name it.
I'm glad and very pleased to work with you on this new tech forum. :)

Also i totally agree what's said: "we are tech guys.com its fully and wholeheartedly recommended by us two!!" You bet it is!!!
So..... If you're interested and/or want to be a part of W.A.T.G. then just hop in, the doors are open for every one. You are all most welcome.

See you at W.A.T.G.!!!

Thanks for your support.

Narnia
February 12th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Hey guys ... thanks for the invite!!

As you already know, I'm not a geeky-techy type person so my post count will not amount to much, but to show my support I joined and I'll help out in any way I can ... like hunting down those pesky details!

Best wishes with the new forum!! :)

BlueStar
February 12th, 2011, 03:03 PM
As I said on twitter, congrats on the new forum guys! I will def be along and pestering you with all kinds of tech questions and problems (and there have been a few lately!) Wishing you the greatest success in your new endeavour :D

Have you guys ever seen IT Crowd? LOL whenever I see it I'll think of you guys now

http://amysrobot.com/files/it_crowd.JPG

God's Toy
February 12th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Ha! Rory Have I ever seen it? Mann I love it!

Thanks for your support guys!

Mr. Brightside
February 12th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Good luck with your new venture guys Im sure it will be a success..

Pretty random but I used to run a site called WeAreSound :)

Mr B
February 12th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Thanks all. :)

Rory... well, i have seen it only two times here on a Belgium channel and loved what i saw til they canceled the show. I even want them back, don't know of it's running on BBC or some other channel... have to look.

God's Toy
February 12th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Good luck with your new venture guys Im sure it will be a success..

Pretty random but I used to run a site called WeAreSound :)

Wow thats kinda cool! Well your welcome anytime!

Oh and while I'm here, if anyone joins up and posts but doesn't see the post they just made it's due to the anti spammer setting. Your post will show up a little later on (when we added you to the safe list!) and you will be fine from then on.

Lion Spirit Walker
February 13th, 2011, 05:18 AM
Okay, I'll be over to the new site to join in just a moment here. But first a question if I may. Is passing an exam required for membership?
LOL. On my way.

Lion Spirit Walker
February 13th, 2011, 07:41 AM
I really like the new site. :) Very cool.

God's Toy
February 13th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Thanks!

lol NO exam I swear.. well maybe a tiny one!

Welcome indeed! Yep as you can see we are still getting things sorted however We still welcome all MW members over to www.wearetechguys.com

Thanks for your support friends.

Regards

Peter

Lion Spirit Walker
February 14th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Hehe GT. :)
It is a very good site and well worth checking it out and becoming a member.
It's very vool. ;)

Lion Spirit Walker
March 2nd, 2011, 11:04 PM
Head Count... How many members have joined the new site????
I did. I did.

God's Toy
March 5th, 2011, 01:08 AM
Well to be honest with you very few members here are tech heads so not many. Lol we only have 10th members so from here has to be less than that!

At this point its still unknown to the likes of Google and search sites like that. Suppose that due to lack of real promo or time investment by the two of us. But hey its there and ready so if your ever passing by your more than welcome to drop by and chat tech anytime

Lion Spirit Walker
March 5th, 2011, 01:21 AM
I do appreciate it. It is a very cool site.
I would recommend it to others as well for it's oppotunity to get answers to tech question and general tech info. As when I asked about interfacing a toy robot with my computer. I got a great link in response. Thank you GT.
Gor those who haven't tries 'the waters' there yet, go in. Ask a question. Sharing information is what it's all about. LOL. And in our wonderful world of technology we can all use a little help.
p.s., Just posted it to my FB wall.

Lion Spirit Walker
March 16th, 2011, 04:51 PM
I had just recently started a new group, 'Member Video Vault'.
I would like to suggest that if anyone should need a few helpfull hints on the use of 'Video Software', please go to W.A. T.G. They can help irregardless of the platform your computer is running on. Most certainly better than I can.
Go check them out. ;)

God's Toy
March 17th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Thanks indeed!

Oh and while I'm here, over at www.WeAreTechGuys.com we just added a new forum called 'Tech N00bs' for those who have a tech related questions but don't want those unber geeky answers! :blink: Now you don't have to get in deep to get your answer! :dance:

Lion Spirit Walker
March 26th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Something for WATG to invent... A flying wheel chair. I actually woke from a dream where a guy was 'wired' into his whel chair which was capable of short, low flights.
It was actually pretty cool. And if anyone can create such a chair... well, I'm certain it would be helpful.
Some additional info... On the back of the chair was an engine that allowed it to function as a motorized wheel chair. Beneath the seat was a device contained within a metalic box, larger than the engine. It created an anti-gravity field to levitate the chair. And the wheels were design to propel the chair once it was air born.
LOL. I dreamt this while sleeping through 'Earth Hour'.

Kiran
April 1st, 2011, 12:08 PM
Wasn't sure where else to post this but I thought it was a great idea!!

BlackBerry announced its latest business smartphone today, but with a twist: it doesn't feature a screen.

BlackBerry Dauntless
(Credit: RIM)
"We know our strengths — our strengths are email and our keyboard," said RIM designer Elliot Pouce at the press launch for the company's new mobile phone, the Dauntless. "This whole touchscreen thing is a fad. In fact, the whole screen thing is a fad."

The Dauntless eliminates the need for a screen by having haptic response built into the keyboard — each keystroke is confirmed using Morse code-patterned vibrations.

Originally designed as a special device for the visually impaired, the Dauntless (initially code-named the Wonder) found favour with enthusiastic BlackBerry testers who said they rarely looked at the phone screen anyway.

When asked how predictive text would work without a screen, Pouce was nonplussed: "It's QWERTY — what on earth do you need that for? It's been around for almost 140 years. There's been plenty of time to practice." He paused, narrowed his eyes, and said "You're an iPhone user, aren't you?"

One of the most interesting facets of the Dauntless is how the phone handles incoming messages. With factory settings, the user is only notified of urgent messages — these are then converted to voice and read out to the user. All other incoming messages are immediately deleted. "The Dauntless is really targeted at top management — the kind of user for whom communication is crucial, but only in one direction," said Pouce.

For those who desperately need some screen time (or would prefer to read email, rather than have the phone read it to them), RIM is also planning to release a deluxe edition of the Dauntless with built-in mini projector, so if there's a handy wall nearby you can project what you want. "But more importantly, it also makes it a really cool torch," Pouce said.

Dauntless model Mike Rotch is recuperating in hospital.
(Credit: Jurch Rotch)
Another aspect of the Dauntless liked by users in test groups was the ability to use the device without removing it from your pocket. This "trouser texting" capability was to be featured in a television commercial scheduled for launch this weekend. Filming was delayed when, during the shooting, the actor demonstrating "in-pocket texting" in a city street was severely injured by a female passerby, who clearly got the wrong idea. Eye-witnesses said the actor seemed to be trying to remove the Dauntless from his front pocket to show the woman what he was doing, when she began to beat him about the face with her handbag. He's now recovering in hospital but managed to text this message to reporters: "Nitgerfycjunbg Bkacjberrt wabjers!"

The BlackBerry Dauntless will be available on 12 October 2011.

http://www.zdnet.com.au/rim-debuts-screenless-blackberry-339312385.htm?ocid=nl_TNB_01042011_fea_1 :D

God's Toy
April 1st, 2011, 12:32 PM
oh god where does one start? thank the god's you didn't post this over at www.wearetechguys.com as well, I will let you work that out yourself.

Still Lori, would really love have you join up over there, who knows you may even have a tech related question now and then for us.

Kiran
April 1st, 2011, 12:35 PM
oh god where does one start? thank the god's you didn't post this over at www.wearetechguys.com as well, I will let you work that out yourself.

Still Lori, would really love have you join up over there, who knows you may even have a tech related question now and then for us.

Hmm....maybe I will check it out but given the date this was launched...is why I didn't post it there :wink.1::biglaugh.2:

Anjou
April 1st, 2011, 12:41 PM
Wasn't sure where else to post this but I thought it was a great idea!!
:D

Ah, 'tis the first of April!
I have no need for a business smartphone such as this, but I am amused when advanced technology results in simple, person-to-person miscommunication.
Even without the device, I shall be careful with my hands when strolling city streets. I can do without a handbag beating. :blink:
I love this: "Nitgerfycjunbg Bkacjberrt wabjers!" :wacko1:

Lion Spirit Walker
April 7th, 2011, 12:54 AM
I believe if all MW members gathered at WATG and bombard them with questions, we just might be able to overload their circuits. LOL.

SoulChild
April 8th, 2011, 07:13 PM
I need to join because my father left an I-pad. I've been using it, loving it, but I am sure there is much to learn about its features, and it will also be nice to know a little tech info about it! I don't like to be completely clueless about a product! I am using it now and sometimes the page I am on gets blinks out as if this was windows it would be like the unit going back to the windows start page while the web pages are minimized. Well, I guess that may be partly why they came out with I-Pad 2.

God's Toy
April 8th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Sorry to say (for me anyway) I wont be able to help you with any apple related questions . For reasons I wont go into here, I dont buy into the apple lifestyle or product range as I am not a sheep...

Regarding why they moved onto the i-fad 2 when the first one was 'fine' in less than a year? The reasons were purely financial as software is the very same just re-packaged.

From what I know MR B does have a Mac so he could always help out. Your always welcome in my friend!

www.WeAreTechGuys.com

SoulChild
April 9th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Oh gosh! This I-Pad is getting on my nerves! It keeps doing it! I can be in the middle of typing a long message, then it blanks out, then when it re-loads, it takes me to the previous page! This is a nice device, but I can see that this will be a love hate relationship!

Mr B
April 10th, 2011, 12:09 AM
Yep true, have a iMac here Peter but i put it in the closet behind closed doors. It seems there's a problem with the graphics card or the screen itself. I'm not going to repair it because it will cost me about 60 to 100€ only to ship it to a Apple repair center, after that you can pay for the repair and the hours they worked on it to fix it. No thanks.... not waiting for a 300 or 600 € bill.

Also on the iPad probs that Soulchild has i don't have a answer. Maybe reset/restore it to the factory settings if that is possible?

But hey, we have a tech forum to discuss the tech probs further. ;)