PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever seen a 'Spirit'?

Kiran
November 3rd, 2008, 10:41 AM
...be it a 'ghost' or a deity or similar, and if so, how did you feel? My reason for asking is that there seems to be an influx of TV programmes and films in the past couple of years dealing with such subjects. These are being discussed in mainstream entertainment programmes openly and as never before.

God's Toy
November 3rd, 2008, 04:13 PM
Hmm good question as I never have seen a 'ghost' but I have felt one many times.

I suppose I cant say 100% that I beleve, but still am going with 90% sure.
The house I grew up in was very odd, doors slamming, sounds of people talking, evein getting a pillow pushed into my face while asleep! (when I was 17)

Thinking about it now, I think I would like to see a ghost just to say I did.

:)

Kiran
November 3rd, 2008, 05:06 PM
Yes same here. I think in this lifetime I have asked not to 'see' one but have often felt them in my home. Thank goodness they always give off a very gentle, safe energy so thats all good.
I know my sister has come to visit frequently as has my brother....in fact I think he has taken up residence!!!

God's Toy
November 3rd, 2008, 05:47 PM
Thats nice to have and a safe feeling too I bet!

Yea I'm on the same lines as you in that not wanting to 'see' them but I suppose I'd like to see just one to say I had seen one if you understand.

Kiran
November 4th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Yes it is a very safe feeling to know they are still with me from time to time. My brother was a real prankster and I often have stuff moved or things go on and off...like my radio in the kitchen...that frequently gets turned up to full volume!!!! Thats the kinda thing he would have done alright!
I would have to say, I would miss them now if they were'nt around. Mind you it would be a different story if they were uninvited guests! I keep my house protected and cleansed on a regular basis to try and keep that from happening.

userid7
November 4th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Without trying to be a smartass Crys, we are all spirits, and maybe that
is what we have to know to open up the way to seeing what you are referring
to,
I have lived with many spirits for years, some very bad ,some very good.
All in all, I have to say that the bad experiences are worth it, and at least
when the fog clears I am consolidated by knowing I have learned something,
even it it was a hard lesson to learn.
I am greatfull to places like this where I can talk freely about such things,
the reactions I get range from friends calling me "the wizard", to being
arrested for it, by some idea that it is crazy and dangerous to the public or
that I get my powers from Satan and am evil, or why would god grant you
powers, I read the bible everyday and I have none!!, grrr.
Anyway, I have daily spiritual contacts, and there have been times when
I was misled into beleiving that it actually is evil or insane, now I know better, thanks to the efforts of some who have given me the knowedge that
beyond a doubt it is a good thing if used that way, like everything else
i this world there seems to be a good or bad way of using anything.
Presently I am writing my Tomb, you may best understand what a Tomb
is by viewing it as a member in the likes of a book of shadows, the major
difference being that it is meant to be be shared with whomever wishes
to read it, there is allready a spirit version of the book, compiled by a
soul I deeply respect and may be read by anyone,
so without getting to windy, yes Crys, though I think you knew that,
Peace and Love,
DangerBird.

Kiran
November 4th, 2008, 10:24 PM
girl_witch Yes I know what you are saying and I hear you loud and clear.
We have had many discussions my friend over this topic and it is because of you and your teachings and patience with me that I have got to the place I am in now where the fear is no longer taking over me but I am in the place I need to be right now and I am happy with it.

I agree that it is so liberating to have a home to be who we truly are and to be able to discuss things we want to.
Thanks Peter for going ahead with this honey :) and for allowing us to be part of this new home and its development :) HUGS

God's Toy
November 4th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Off topic but,

You know something Lorri and DB, I am sure you two wont be surprise to hear me say it was meant to be. A long time ago I seen this play out (in one of my time trips...You guys know about them right?) But this time it felt like just a day dream as everything was wrong, my home life, having a kid?, working in a new building, nothing was correct, so I dismissed it.
lol got an email tonight from a friend saying she had a dream about this some years ago too and this then tripped my memory and brought it all back for me. Now it all fits right, new building where I work, have a one year old kid and my home life after the last message board, all right on as it was then..

Yea...

coincidence

userid7
November 5th, 2008, 12:36 AM
Looking back, I seem to have a mental photograph of it, this is the first
though that I brought it tp my awareness - could be a trip backwards
from here, can't really tell right now,
All in All, these are good signs anyways aye?
Peace and love,
DangerBird.

Narnia
November 5th, 2008, 12:48 AM
Regarding the of topic bit above....Yes, dreams can be very vivid!!!

Anyway, yes, I saw a 'spirit', a shadowy spirit, through a mirror, 6 years ago.

My sister and I had just moved into this old New England Federal style house (we were to house-sit for an x amount of time)...anyway, I was setting up my studio and I was listening to U2 really loud at the time and suddenly I saw this shadow in the mirror opposite of me....and I felt a 'presence' behind my right shoulder and then I heard a distorted older woman's voice say..."Turn that down, NOW!"

So, I did, turned off the lights and exited the room!! And then, a couple few days later....a house fire started in the same exact spot where I had my experience!!

WOOF!!

Kiran
November 5th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Off topic but,

You know something Lorri and DB, I am sure you two wont be surprise to hear me say it was meant to be. A long time ago I seen this play out (in one of my time trips...You guys know about them right?) But this time it felt like just a day dream as everything was wrong, my home life, having a kid?, working in a new building, nothing was correct, so I dismissed it.
lol got an email tonight from a friend saying she had a dream about this some years ago too and this then tripped my memory and brought it all back for me. Now it all fits right, new building where I work, have a one year old kid and my home life after the last message board, all right on as it was then..

Yea...

coincidence

No coincidence Peter...kwinky dinks as Kiera says!! lol Yes the time was right and everything just fell into place :) You know the best bit about it...the Board will kinda run itself with the conversations/time differences etc so you can juggle both home and virtual life better...not so much pressure on you here. ;)

Kiran
November 5th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Looking back, I seem to have a mental photograph of it, this is the first
though that I brought it tp my awareness - could be a trip backwards
from here, can't really tell right now,
All in All, these are good signs anyways aye?
Peace and love,
DangerBird.

Oh the signs are very good DB and we so badly need a new home as the old one is slowly being stripped of its old forums....sad really cos there were some great topics covered but hey...change is necessary to give us all a wake up call sometimes :)

Kiran
November 5th, 2008, 08:20 AM
Regarding the of topic bit above....Yes, dreams can be very vivid!!!

Anyway, yes, I saw a 'spirit', a shadowy spirit, through a mirror, 6 years ago.

My sister and I had just moved into this old New England Federal style house (we were to house-sit for an x amount of time)...anyway, I was setting up my studio and I was listening to U2 really loud at the time and suddenly I saw this shadow in the mirror opposite of me....and I felt a 'presence' behind my right shoulder and then I heard a distorted older woman's voice say..."Turn that down, NOW!"

So, I did, turned off the lights and exited the room!! And then, a couple few days later....a house fire started in the same exact spot where I had my experience!!

WOOF!!

Hmmm ...I have friends who are renting an old cottage at the moment and the husband felt someone putting something over his face one night and his wife felt sure she had seen something....I did a cleansing of the house and showed them how to do it and left all the stuff there but I did 'feel' an older lady there with her little apron on...it was her home I felt and she didn't mind them at all but I think whatever was causing the other stuff has gone now. I told them it was very important to cleanse their home regularly to make sure nothing uninvited comes into the home.

Rana
November 5th, 2008, 10:24 AM
i see/sense spirits (discarnate) (not in body) in various ways .. some project their chosen image (their last body appearance) into your minds eye (this is where many mediums "see" their information ,when i say "see" that also means receiving information be it seeing images,symbols,words) , some appear physically as if they are in body (but you "know" they are not living in this realm) (i rarely see them this way it isnt my main ability), some appear in clear energy in a form, most project their sense of being next to you then you hear their dialogue .. of course there are also guides who usually you sense and "see" in your minds eye ..: i am still a practcing (as in learner) medium ..

Kiran
November 5th, 2008, 10:30 AM
I guess I am still trying to see where I fit in here in this regard. I have always 'felt' things and have often had information just run out of my head...as a child I was scared of everything as my parents were very religious and we were taught it was evil and stuff but now I am older and more comfortable with who I am, I find things are clearer and sharper sometimes...especially emotions!

Rana
November 5th, 2008, 11:32 AM
I guess I am still trying to see where I fit in here in this regard. I have always 'felt' things and have often had information just run out of my head...as a child I was scared of everything as my parents were very religious and we were taught it was evil and stuff but now I am older and more comfortable with who I am, I find things are clearer and sharper sometimes...especially emotions!

have you considered joining a circle that is devoted to developing mediumship ? this may help ..

Kiran
November 5th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Hmm...no I haven't actually but maybe thats a good way to go! Thanks for the suggestion :)

Narnia
November 5th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Hmmm ...I have friends who are renting an old cottage at the moment and the husband felt someone putting something over his face one night and his wife felt sure she had seen something....I did a cleansing of the house and showed them how to do it and left all the stuff there but I did 'feel' an older lady there with her little apron on...it was her home I felt and she didn't mind them at all but I think whatever was causing the other stuff has gone now. I told them it was very important to cleanse their home regularly to make sure nothing uninvited comes into the home.

Hmmm...is right...I wish I had known about 'cleansing' the house before hand...

The house belonged to an older lady, who passed in the house, 6 months prior to my sister and I moving in. Apparently, this older lady had lived there for 40 plus years. And I turned her bedroom into my studio...it had great light! But, somehow I think her spirit was pretty upset that people were moving in and changing things around rather quickly...I believe it was her spirit that started the fire...I don't think it was her intention to hurt us...because it happened while we were at work, I think she just wanted us out...period!

I am happy to say the house is still standing and had a total restoration done...which it seriously needed to begin with! The electrical work was from the 30's....yikes!

Anyway, that's over and done with!

Kiran
November 5th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Hmm...maybe I could post a cleansing ritual in the healing forum or here?

Yes and sometimes when things happen quickly, those who have left this realm don't always realise they are no longer alive or don't want to let go. As you say, at least it happened while you were out!

planetlove
November 6th, 2008, 07:13 PM
we are spiritual beings in a 3D body...
we are mutlidimensional spiritual entities ...
the world that you see before you will show itself as more of us awaken...
in this world you will see that nothing really dies....
what you believe to be spiritual is a projection of what you truely are...
your interepatation of that which is bad or good is a projection of your ego in trying to make you feel what you feel that is good or bad....
in truth its all GOOD there is nothing bad out there
V

Rana
November 7th, 2008, 05:04 AM
.. i can see peoples spirits ..through their bodies , at times ..sometimes there are different types ( i know this sounds weird) i havent grasped what the "other" ones are ? sometimes your spirit isnt doing the same thing your body is doing ..its very interesting ..makes a party a whole lot more fun !

Kiran
November 7th, 2008, 08:31 AM
Rana - I have heard of this before and they can sometimes be referred to as 'walk-ins' I think. I honestly don't know enough about the topic however I know Peter and DB would probably have more information on this.

V - Yes I understand what you are saying my friend. Thats why I clarified that often times a spirit doesn't realise its no longer connected to the physical and can get frustrated as to why no one is connecting with them and this can cause problems for people in a property.

God's Toy
November 7th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Hmm Cant say for sure they are 'walk ins' The ones I met 'used' the host body to communicate and pass guidance on but they didn't own it.
Suppose it still could be as I don't get to ask many questions back.

Thinking on what Rana said, I suppose that could explain why you could feel something for someone but not even or know them (or sometime like them) but every time see them you both 'know' deep down somethings going on but cant even start to explain it...

Well thats how I feel it.

Mr B
November 7th, 2008, 09:48 PM
I've never seen a spirit but however i can feel them.

Mr. Brightside
November 7th, 2008, 10:44 PM
I have never seen a spirit but I have felt one near to me. When I was a child I lived in a convent, I slept in a room with 1 other child on the top floor, there was another room just up the corridor with 2 other children in it, On a weekend everybody used to go home to their parents but I couldn't so had to stay the weekend at the home. Its hard to describe how terrifying this place was (especially to a young child) you had to go up this big staircase up onto a landing then through a door up a winding staircase onto an L shaped landing then into my bedroom. I was the only person sleeping on the top floor on a weekend and my imagination used to run wild. I remember feeling that something was in the room with me, you could just feel a presence. My brother once said he was in the bed next to mine and he woke up one night and there was a chair were my bed was with an old man rocking backwards and forwards. Lights used to go on by themselves, I was 8 or 9 at the time and will always remember the fear I felt. I used to dread weekends.

Narnia
November 8th, 2008, 01:45 PM
...Thinking on what Rana said, I suppose that could explain why you could feel something for someone but not even or know them (or sometime like them) but every time see them you both 'know' deep down somethings going on but cant even start to explain it...

Well thats how I feel it...

Hmmm, in my own funny way (be it the 'invisible connection'), I understand your words my friend...even though 'one can't even start to explain it' how that happens or how it works.

There is the 'connection' *if the opportunity presents itself where the two are physically together*...where they know how to or where to start...kind of like...a conversation that was started, but was never finished...like 'you pick up where you left off'. It's like, an unspoken mutual understanding...

Does that make any sense? :blink:

God's Toy
November 8th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Not trying to bring this off topic or anything but:
Yes Polly, thats something many of us have known for a long time. Suppose we never have a forum to bring it out in the open until now.

userid7
November 9th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Probably my fault, I posted here allready, but don't see it, it was rather long,
so I will just say, Yes, everyday I see and converse with spirits,
and that we are spirit as well, and I got the idea that perhaps that's
when we are capable of seeing a spirit, when we realize we are too.

Peace and Love,
DangerBird.

Narnia
November 9th, 2008, 06:47 PM
I like to consider myself a spiritual person, although I do not have much visual interaction with spirits, I have felt certain 'vibes' and a great number of them here in New England, where I live....there are many haunted houses here....

Anyway, my Dad passed away Dec 96, a few days after X-Mas. And since then, I have only felt his 'spirit'/presence a few times...(moreso after his passing). My Dad's spirit would always come in the form of an owl or a hawk...(those being his favourite birds)...but my Mom and my Sister feel his presence on a regular basis.

I find it interesting that he doesn't 'visit' me very often....which is fine by me....I don't take it personally and I am not at all offended either....I think he knows that I am cool with this and it is not needed.

In a way I was happy for him...because...mainly, he was no longer in pain. And also he could finally 'give-up'...which he had attempted a few times in his life...so, his passing was something he wanted...and could finish.

We had our own understanding when he moved on...:)

Mr. Brightside
November 14th, 2008, 03:40 PM
A few years ago I was working in an empty house (It was occupied but the residents were out at the time), and the lad I was with was laying a carpet upstairs on the landing, I was downstairs, I heard him mutter something and thought he was just rambling to himself, Then I heard him say something else, So I walked to the bottom of the stairs looked up and said who are you talking to. His face went white and he looked at me for a moment and said I thought it was you, There was somebody up here with me. He swears to this day someone walked past him on the landing

planetlove
November 14th, 2008, 03:48 PM
I see a few things ...
Wish I could see a little more....though
dark shadows and white shadows...
somebody told me once it happens due to the time that I was born at...
something to do with twighlight..not being day or night....
Does anybody know anything about this ..I would love to hear what you have to say...
V

Jester Black
November 14th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Im going to relate three different things here. Ill post them separately.

the first happened when i as about 14. I was pretty much a street kid and stayed out to all hours of the night. My sister, though a year older than me, wasn't and had a strict curfew. One night, I found her hanging out and realized shed snuck out. Not wanting my mom to find out, I accompanied her home (My mom wouldnt even bat an eyelash hearing me come in and i thought that would mask my sister coming in). Anyway, that started a night neither one of us will ever forget and one that to this day we cant explain. The walk home was uneventful. But when we got home, we enter into a large foyer that leads to a hall. In that hall was a small statuette of a cherub sitting on a book case. That thing was looking at us with eyes burning red. We BOTH saw it and I even went up to it, looked around it for wires (thought our brother was playing a joke on us) and picked it up. It was hot and gave me a second degree burn. YET, the top of the bookcase was COLD. After running my hand under cold water for some time, we went back out into the hall and there sat the cherub like nothing ever happened!

Then the light suddenly went on and flicked right off again. Now, the light switch was behind us towards the front door. There were no bedrooms on that side and therefore no one who was in the house could have flicked that switch. Furthermore, I LOCKED the door when we came in. Now, Im going to tell you that its possible to see shadow in almost total darkness, because there was clearly a shadow there that moved away from us towards the door. Again, we BOTH saw it. And it wasnt like we had to discuss it. My sister just said maybe we should follow it. That told me she saw the same thing I saw. But then it was gone.

We just stood there dumbfounded and not knowing what else to do we both went to our respective bedrooms. Things got decidely hairy after that. I shared a bedrrom with my younger brother and he was sound asleep. I undress, jump in bed and about 3 mins passed when suddenly the front door opens and theres the distinct sound of footsteps on the wooden floor and i hear the hallway bathroom door open, slam shut and the shower go on. My brother slept through the whole ruckus. I get up and go and see whats going on and see the light of the bathroom on under the door. By now, my sister joined me from her room. Shed also heard it. Apparently no one else did! I knock on the bathroom door and got no answer. But you could hear that someone was inside. I send my sister to my older brothers room to see if its him. Hes fast asleep! The only other person it could have possibly been was my father who had done one of his disapperaing acts (my Dad was a ghost soldier for the US government and often did a vanishing act). Except that suddenly, the shower stops, the light goes out and I could hear the lock click. Total silence. I carefully open the door. Theres absolutely no one there.

My sister and i ended up falling asleep in the living room about 4 hours later. Nothing else happened. At least not to us. We were awakened by my mom. It was Saturday and breakfast was cooking. My sister asked me how my hand was. Id completely forgotten about my hand. I look at it. Theres nothing. Absolutely no evidence of the second degee burn Id gotten just hours earler. Her lips start to tremble. The poor girl was terrified. I hugged her and told her it was ok and we go join our family for breakfast. My older brother is sitting there eeriely quiet. I asked him if something was bothering him. He told me that he had nightmares and related a story that was identical to what my sister and I experienced. With one huge exception. Whatever was in that bathroom came out and attacked him in his bed. I was floored. I thought Yoly (my sis) was going to faint. Peter (my bro) then gets up and walks away and returns a minute later with his nightshirt. Its torn to ribbons, like something with claws hacked at it. My mom wasnt in the room during this exchange and we never told her about it.

To this day we cant explain what happened that night. Nothing like that ever happened again, although years later i had an encounter with an Ouija board that would make your skin crawl. Ill tell that one later if I get a chance.

Then there was something about my death vision that relates to spirits that ill share.

Mr. Brightside
November 14th, 2008, 05:20 PM
That would have freaked me out big time Jay, especially when you opened the bathroom door and your brothers story thanks for sharing.

Lights seem to be a plaything of spirits, I have had encounters with lights going off and on again with no explanation and so have many members of my family.

Jester Black
November 14th, 2008, 06:25 PM
I’ve related in past posts on the EMB how I died and came back after a stray bullet tore through me. I’ve also related what some people would consider an out of body experience, but totally unlike anything you normally hear about, what I personally consider more of a “tour” of the inner workings of creation and a look at a possible future of that creation.

I can see, or more like sense, the strands of creation. I have been able to all my life but am for the most part unconscious of it. I wasn’t even aware of it until that death vision. Growing up, I was called El Gato (Cat) because I seemed to have nine lives. Things would happen to me that should have killed me, but somehow I always managed to get “out of the way” in a nick of time. That AC that fell from a 3rd floor window and crashed the chair I was sitting in just 2 seconds before for example. Stuff like that was and still is pretty common in my life. People always said that I had a guardian angel watching over me. I know that wasn’t the case per se. It’s because I have a sense of how the strands of creation interact with each other. It’s the same thing that makes me an uncanny strategist. Because I see how everything relates, I can accurately predict its outcome.

So what on earth has to do with spirits? Well it has everything to do with it and to understand I need to take you back to my death vision and explain exactly what I saw.

As I said it was like being given a tour of the inner workings of creation. One the things I’ve come to realize is that creation “learns” and that the learning is essential to its health. Each physical manifestation of creation is like a thread. From those threads grow an untold number of filaments that reach out to other threads. Sort of like the neuroconnections of the brain, but yet different because these threads are not organic in nature…they are light. Every single one of these threads feeds back to a single tiny point…like the smallest black hole imaginable. But it’s what you see IN the threads that’s important. There’s a myriad of globes in a mind boggling array of colors. Some are clearly physical manifestations; others brim with a glow that is very clearly spiritual in nature. I could actually see into some of them of a certain bluish color and what I saw in them were……memories. All of these globes were making their way to that pinpoint to be swallowed up. Now this is important. Even among those bluish globes I could tell there were two very distinctive types…one carried single memories…others a vast collection presented in a very different way, like a cause and effect of those individual memories acting upon each other.

It dawned on me that what I was seeing was the memories of human beings, in one case those that were being produced at the moment and in the other…the memories of the newly deceased…in totality. Those filaments are the interactions between different manifestations of creation and the way in which “things learned” are passed between them. Those are then passed as memories proactively and then again as whole manifestations when human beings die to this pinpoint which I’ve come to understand as the essence of creation itself. There’s another mass of “threads that EMERGE from that pinpoint and there is only ONE globe in those and those threads were still reaching and growing filaments. I understand that that’s the rebirth of the knowledge gained from those memories creation was being bombarded with.

Mind you, I could only see into the blue ones…but there were literally globes of millions of colors. The scope was mind boggling. The implication, well, Ill let you come to your own conclusions.

It’s this that I sense. In essence each one of those globes is “spirit”. Some of them represent aspects of the “living” spirit, others the spirits of the departed as a whole. What Im picking up on is the fact that Creation recycles itself through the spirit realm. I said in another thread that there is no conflict between religion and spirituality. This is why. Religion is just a means to explain the reality of spirit in a way we can understand. Spirituality is picking up on the latent abilities what I just described would imply. In that respect, they are one and the same.

I don’t see dead people” like that kid in the Sixth Sense. I feel them, not as thinking sentient beings…but as energy being sent along a channel. But more importantly I can sense the “spirits” of the living as well, those lessons being passed at the time of the learning itself and its THAT which gives me the ability to see that split second into the future as they play off one another. It’s that which allows me to effect outcome. The future based on the past. Another thing that happens from time to time is that I can sometimes look at a person and know exactly what they dreamt the night before. I’m not entirely sure how it relates, but I know it does. I suspect that it’s in our dream state that we pass our memories as aspects of spirit back to creation. I can’t do this at will and it’s actually rare. But it’s always a very profound moment when I sense that.

I believe that every living being has this ability to a degree but that’s its latent in most of us. I have it in a very small way. Others have had it in big ways and I truly believe that there have been those born with the complete history of the cosmos available to them for recall at will. Think about that and all that implies.

Now let’s go back to my bathroom visitor. I have entertained the thought that perhaps we were not visited at all. That the "spirit" was the spiritual manifestation of my brother Peter as he dreamt. That I somehow got trapped in his dream because of my ability to sense the strands of creation and that I somehow dragged my sister along with me, who clearly doesn’t have the abilities I seem to have. The only part that stops me from saying that with absolute certainty is that torn up shirt. Why? Because if I’m right, then either my brother did that to himself (and he did decend into a world of drugs and alcohol after that that almost killed him) or…….I somehow did it. And the thought of that terrifies me.

Narnia
November 14th, 2008, 09:52 PM
WHOA, Jay...that's wickedly intense!!

Your vision, the "Threads and Globes", reminds me of a vision or a day dream, I had many years ago...

I called it the "Hallway of Bubbles"...?

Lotus Flower
November 14th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Hi

What are spirit do we really know as for me is that strange things has happen to me all my life. I love programs like crossing over do you not get that answer that you are looking for or the voice within telling you something is it a spirit guide or a deceased person that you once knew that has cross over. Or are you talking about a spirit as something attaching you coming from god knows where tell me about it and i have experieced such weird things along my Journey.:hi::hi::witch2:

messickc
January 2nd, 2009, 07:24 AM
Some may say it was a dream, but I refuse to accept it as such.

Before he passed, my great grandfather (my mom's, mom's father) and I were very close. When he passed, it was sudden, and I was devastated.

Two weeks later, I was awoken, I'll say, around two in the morning, though I have no idea, by a shadow standing in my doorway. I was spooked but not frightened the way one usually is when they see a shadow. I sat up in my bed out of curiosity-- I didn't know what it was, but it didn't frighten me. As the shadow approached it coalesced into a solid being-- it was my great grandfather. He sat on the side of my bed with his big smile. I could feel the mattress indent with his weight. I was almost in shock over his presence, but I couldn't bring myself to touch him in anyway. As if being controlled be some gentle, external force, I lay back down in my bed. He pulled my covers up, tucked me in and kissed me on my forehead. I felt a warm sensation all over my body. I rolled over and went to sleep almost immediately. The next morning, my grief was mysteriously gone.

I think he knew how his passing affected me, so he came back from where ever he is to let me know it was alright, and tell me how much he loved me, and to cure me of my pain. I still get a little choked up recalling the incident-- it happened probably 20 years ago.

I didn't tell anyone including my parents for years for fear that they wouldn't believe me. I finally told my mom a few years ago. She almost cried-- she had no doubts it was real. She told me she had had a dream (or vision, maybe?) about him a few weeks before he died. In her dream, she was sitting with him at a table in a dark room with a dim light above it reminiscent of a police interrogation room. In the middle of the table there was a bouquet of roses of all different colors. He reached into the vase and pulled out a black rose and handed it to her. She said she was struck with an immediate and intense sense of sadness that she could not shake even after she woke up.

If my encounter was a dream, which I refuse to accept, it was the first time I had a dream that real, and it was also the only time I have ever dreamt that vividly.

messickc
January 2nd, 2009, 07:41 AM
...years later i had an encounter with an Ouija board that would make your skin crawl.

I know I speak on behalf of almost everyone here when I say, "I'm waiting!!!" My instant messenger dinged while I was reading your bathroom ghost story, and I almost peed myself!!!:Eeksign:

Will65
January 2nd, 2009, 09:24 AM
Hmmm never seen a spirit but i do believe.The only thing i have had was 3 weeks ago in Kitchen at 3.00am(leave for work at 3.30am)And heard a Whisper in my ear,turned around expecting wife behind me.But all family still asleep and doors closed.Did not scare me,just strange i thought.

Kiran
January 2nd, 2009, 04:33 PM
Yes Will, I have had a similar experience :)

inutero
January 5th, 2009, 02:42 AM
Can't say I have!

Jester Black
January 6th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Ok, I almost forgot that I told you guys id relate this "event". Bear with me, this was almost 27 years ago and the details are a little sketchy in my memory, so Ill forego the blow by blow and try to give an overview of what happened.

I was 21 at the time and had just been consecrated into the Knights Hospitaller. In fact, Id just returned from Malta, where i underwent the knighting ceremony as a 10th generation Hospitaller. I went to visit my Mom in Brooklyn. My two youngest siblings, Will and Doris, still lived at home and were in the living room with an Ouija Board between them.

Im sitting talking to my Mom when i hear my brother Will say "whose the Red Dragon?" That caught my attention because I knew exactly who the Red Dragon was and knew that neither of them did. The Red Dragon was my father. That was his code name as an intelligence operative for the US military. It was also the title he was known by amongst Hospitallers (my father was a Hospitaller before me, as was his father, and his grandfather before that and so on). What struck me is that neither of them knew that about my dad. So how did the Ouija Board know?

I decided to listen more carefully. Then I heard Doris say "what does it mean when it says that the Red Dragon is a liar". At that point I decided to walk into the room. Apparently, that simple action made the Ouija Board stop dead in its tracks. Will looked at me and pointed to the door. I understood and walked out and waited. I could hear Doris ask "why did you stop?" The board answered, "The Black Knight lurks". Will asked "who is the Black Knight?" The "Less than Red Dragon, but more. Black Knight is enemy."

While I had never been referred to as the Black Knight before that occurrence, I knew it was referring to me. I heard enough. This thing knew Id just become a Hospitaller. My siblings didnt know, but that thing knew that and that my father was the Red Dragon. Id hear enough. I walked in and did something youre NOT supposed to do with an Ouija board...I asked it a direct question about itself. "And who are you?"

Now I have to mention that when I did that i was at least 6 feet away and that neither my brother or sister were physically in contact with the pointer for the board. Even so, that thing responded. The curser moved all by itself to NO. That freaked my siblings out!

Me being me though, I walked up to the board, picked up the cursor and placed it at the far edge of the board. I then sat down and asked it directly...."You dont like me, do you?" That curser immediately and very deliberatly went back to NO. I asked, "Do I know you?" The answer: "Purged" Im like, wtf, does that mean? And then suddenly, without being prompted, the curser started moving on its own. The really wild part is that at first I couldnt make out what it was spelling. Seemed like gibberish, but I soon realized it was latin! And what it was saying was "black magic is dangerous" It then spelled out in plain english "go away. Im feeding. The Red Dragon lies. He comes."

The phone rang. My mom answers. Its my father...The Red Dragon. He had been away. He was at the airport. Hed just returned. Im blown away. The board then spells out. "kill Red Dragon. kill Black Knight" Will shouts out..."its been saying that!" This thing was trying to tell these kids to kill their father. My heads spinning. WTF was going on?

I asked again "who are you?" It replies "NO".
"Who are you?' "NO".
"Who the F are you?" "black magic"
"who are you?" "black magic"
"reveal yourself" "Nemesis"

that made me pause

it then spelled out "Hospitallers puppets of the pretender God"

now Im yelling "WTF are YOU?"

it answers

"Lucifer..King of Hell"

I took that Ouija board to a church and dosed it with holy water before setting it on fire on an alter. A priest came out and, horrified, demanded to know what I was doing. I told him "kicking Satans ass." I could feel his eyes on me as I turned and walked towards the door. What happened next will stay with me forever. The priest said "welcome to the trials, Black Knight" I turned to respond

there was no one there...

Kiran
January 6th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Wow Jay that gave me shivers!!! I have always told my kids if I ever see them dabbling with ouija boards, I'll kick them from one end of Ireland to the other!!
This sums up my point entirely...you never know what doors you are opening by messing with this kind of thing! A lot of kids here were messing about with this stuff a few years back and I was asked to help one poor girl of 15 who hadn't slept or eaten in three days!! She thought something was after her and heard noises all the time. She was getting sick and nausous all the time.
We spoke at length about what they had been doing and said a few prayers, blessed her room and I advised her to see one of the local priests I know dealt with this kind of thing (although most of the parish didn't know he was involved in this).
That girl still has nightmares about this and was never quite the same after.

Thanks for sharing this and for the warning :)

userid7
January 16th, 2009, 06:50 PM
One night I was looking out the window and saw my dog on a snow bank,
it was very clear, she passsed away quite a long time ago now, but
I will never forget her, anyway what I wanted to pass on was while
I was watching her, a spirit voice told me that she thinks I am the one
who is dead and she is waiting for me to come back to life.
DangerBird.

Narnia
January 16th, 2009, 08:55 PM
...a spirit voice told me that she thinks I am the one
who is dead and she is waiting for me to come back to life...

That is extremely profound...it gave me the shivers! Whoa!

Kiran
April 10th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Hmm it was interesting reading through these posts again...it reminded me of something that occurred in another home I lived in when my boys were younger.
I had a friend who was a 'sensitive' and I told her I was 'aware' of something in our house we were living in at the time. She asked for an example of what we had experienced so I related the story I am now going to relate.
My ex and I were sitting in the lounge and the kids bedroom was right above that room. We had noticed some 'activity' on the stairs most nights...movement out of the corner of our eyes etc and a very cold spot half way up the stairs.
We were watching TV and heard footsteps going across the floor of the boys room and my ex thought one of them was out of bed. He ran up the stairs and when he reaches the top of the stairs, he could see the door through the bannisters and should have met one of the boys coming out of the room.
As he looked, he could see the boys still sound alseep in bed and yet could still hear the footprints coming towards the door and no child!
My friend later told me she knew we had a little boy with us and he just wanted to be part of a family again. He was no threat and never caused any hassle. We used to say good morning to him after that.

Lotus Flower
April 11th, 2010, 12:43 AM
Hi

Will share one story with regards to a spirit I was a night crew manager in a big retail store and for a few nights had caught some thing from the corner off my eye.

Went into the back store and turned around and there standing was the most good looking man and off course the mind kicked it how did he get there can still see him in my mind eye whoosh woo if only he was real hair standing up on the back off my neck by then quick exit to main floor.

A couple off night later around 4 in the morning saw a man standing behind the meat counter and said to one off my crew how come Keith is in so early went to approach him and he vanished. Later that morning was in the staff canteen and there was a memorial card off the man I had seen he was a butcher and had died from a heart attack.

Ripples believe it or not lol:cool.3:

Lion Spirit Walker
April 11th, 2010, 02:31 AM
lollol...
Yessssssssss. I have.

Lotus Flower
April 11th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the reply have you all changed your name as its like a mystery on here now don't know who I am talking too lol.

Have seen spirits all my life.:girl_yes3 (1):

Kiran
April 11th, 2010, 02:15 PM
hi Jo.....I am now Kiran (Lorri)....I think a few have posted in thier writings in Soul Reflection as to who they were originally.
HUGS

Narnia
April 11th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the reply have you all changed your name as its like a mystery on here now don't know who I am talking too lol.

Have seen spirits all my life.:girl_yes3 (1):

Hi Jo ... nice to see you again!! It's me Polly, formerly known as Sphinx. Nice to have you back dearheart!! :)

Rana
April 16th, 2010, 02:51 PM
from what ive been sensing of late there is an incresed level of activity in the spirit world or whatever you chose to call it ..i take this down to the increased awakewning that is occurring thus sparking the spirits to "play" or be drawn downward ..to the beacons of light they now see everywhere ..all i can say is the timing is perfect all is happening as it should do as it alwways has done .

planetlove
April 20th, 2010, 02:01 AM
The entire universe is SPIRIT ....
I see it everywhere in everything...
to see spirits as per everyday sightings sometimes I do ...yes...

TheNavigator
April 29th, 2010, 04:58 AM
:)...I think everyone has seen spirits but most don't realize it.

Also, I think that some are simply more open to the experience so have a more sensitive sight for seeing non physical forms or energy.

Plus...there is the odd spirit out there that is very good at becoming quite solid for short periods of time, and those are the ones I think people see but don't realize what they are seeing.

Cool thread.

inspirit
December 3rd, 2010, 08:46 AM
Yes I have seen the Guides/Angels/of others at times when I am working with them. I am able to see Energy especially at night, vey cool. I can hear but do not see Spirits, think I would faint the first time. I kind of want to see a Spirit but I am a bit scared. Call me wimp! LOL