PDA

View Full Version : Communication Through Colour/color

Lion Spirit Walker
January 22nd, 2011, 10:30 PM
All species with the ability to see color communicate in one form or another through this visual ability.
In some species (such as some cephlopods) this is their primary form of communication. They've developed this to an extent that amazes.
Various species see differing spectrums of light and color. The group of animal species which is believe to have vision closest to our own are the various species of squids.
Although color vision is not our only form of communication, in both our perception of the world (including the natural world) and how we present ourselves to the world, it is certainly one of if not the strongest manner of perception/communication that we engage.
What does this type/font color convey to you?
Is it love? Anger? Power? Danger? Or something all together different?

Rana
January 24th, 2011, 06:51 AM
for me my dear friend ive always like leaf green ....734

it reflects a peace and deeper harmony that is my connection to the earth and trees..

Kiran
January 24th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Red type tends to make me think of energy when written as you have Michael....it really depends on the message written in the colour. Often here in ireland, red road signs warn of danger, hazards, that kind of thing and yet red for me, means energy, sexuality...humanity.
I used to have favourite colours and now I love them all pretty much.

Lion Spirit Walker
January 24th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Is there a specific color you might use to express yourself to society, versus a color that you feel is of your 'true self'?

Kiran
January 24th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Hmm...good question Michael!! Wow!!! Hmm.....

I guess it would be 'safe' colours I would use in society....black, green...although I do wear a lot of colours...reds, white, purple, blue

But my true self?? That would be yellow I think expresses me mostly but also pink (even though I am not a girly girl lol)..blues...purples...

When it comes to my home, I like softer, warmer tones...earthier colours...that connection to the Earth

Rana
January 25th, 2011, 08:33 AM
to answer that question i would say sea blue ..why ? i see it in terms at work nurses are not allowed to write anythng in red it has to be blue or black , and there are never any balck pens around because everyone steals them and keeps them so i always have the blue. a nutral (cant spell that) colur i think that just is sort of. professional .wanting nothing to be read or no need to be read into sort of colour. my work and society hat so to speak. but Green in the lunch room and everyones birthday cards at work and going away cards ..

Lion Spirit Walker
January 26th, 2011, 01:17 AM
Some people, not all of course use color to convey information about themselves that would otherwise not be communicated. And we tend to express 'one face' or 'mask' to society while maintaining a sense of self privately.It's one of many ways in which we use our visual sense to process information about the world around us.

Anjou
January 26th, 2011, 01:00 PM
... And we tend to express 'one face' or 'mask' to society while maintaining a sense of self privately.

That is a heaping helping of food for thought. I tend not to prefer specific colours for specific situations, but I definitely wear more muted, earthen tones when passing through society. I usually don my brighter (or more comical) garb in private---either alone or with close friends. It is all part of personality layering, I suppose. The more one gets to know me, the more layers or colours are revealed. A sensible, civilized outside cloaking a riotous goofball deep within.:wacko.2: