PDA

View Full Version : Healing by words

userid7
November 27th, 2008, 07:03 PM
This happened about 6 years ago, I was more sure of it then...anyway
as the story goes, I have a friend I used to coffee with, she had a skin
problem, I guess it mostly just looked bad as opposed to sickness.
One day while sitting with her, my mind goes in overdrive and I could
read what her beliefs were, and I saw in this her skin problem..so I hastily
wrote about 3 sentances that would prove to her some beleif was false,
when she read it, I saw skin ok again, but she looked at it suprised,
and she went into a that's impossible aditude, and the skin went
bad again, just as quick.
What I keep from this is that words really can have power, lucky I'm
a Pendragon,
peace,
DangerBird

planetlove
November 27th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Wow ....
I love this post...
Thanks for sharing......
Now only if you can fix completely the mind of the other person with your words....
or make there DNA fix its own issues
this is what we all want
V

Kiran
November 28th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Yes DB...we need to hear more of this :) As V said, if you can alter her skin with words, then what about her mind :)

little bird
November 28th, 2008, 01:37 PM
I'm a great believer that attitude heals and if you have the positivity from whatever sources, in this case, words, then they can be just as healing as any medicine.

It was good of you to help your friend DB! Thanks for sharing that. Hopefully you will continue to help others with your worthy and positive words.

userid7
November 28th, 2008, 05:51 PM
I just want to thank the people, and ecspecially Lorri and Peter who put
this up for us,
You would not beleive what kind of reaction that post may have got
on other sites I posted, it was like being "cybermobbed",

But that's gone, feeling at home here

Peace and Love,
DangerBird.

Rana
December 2nd, 2008, 08:48 AM
ohhhh yeah ..affirmations ..prayer whatever you chose to call it it WORKS !! affirmations really did help me trully ..they are the way to undo the negative way you may have learned to think .a de programmer !! a good book where I personally started to undderstand this was by Louise Hay (HAy House) ..cant remember the exact book because i always pass my books on to people who need help ..but its a big bright arty colourful book ..and for me ..it changed me i still practice it today ..(im trying to do some healing at the moment in this way) .. is a lil child grew up with some one telling them negatives and enforced their own ridged ways of believing one can become brainwashed ..so the way to undo it is to form affirmations to undo the negatives ,,:girl_yes3 (1):

Logio
December 25th, 2008, 10:15 AM
I have never read any books or poems by Maya Angelou, but I have had a chance to see her on TV and she is a phenomenal woman. She is a very wise person.

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

-Maya Angelou

Narnia
December 25th, 2008, 03:14 PM
I have never read any books or poems by Maya Angelou, but I have had a chance to see her on TV and she is a phenomenal woman. She is a very wise person.

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

-Maya Angelou

:thanks: for sharing this wonderful Maya Angelou quote, dear Nathan! :)

It is all too true, people will never forget how you made them feel, I can certainly relate to this sentiment!