PDA

View Full Version : Winter Solstice Meditation

Kiran
December 9th, 2010, 09:24 AM
We hope to organise a meditation whereby everyone can join in on 21st december at 9pm GMT. Please do your best to join in wherever you are.

I posted this in the Pagan Way group as well and the focus is on remembering.

Remembering our past, remembering and honouring our ancestors, remembering to be thankful for all we have....remembering to keep our Light bright in our hearts and sending that Light out into the world in these dark times.:two hearts::two hearts:

Anjou
December 9th, 2010, 12:26 PM
I added it to my calendar. Thanks, Lorri!

Kiran
December 9th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Happy to have you join us Anjou :) Thanks :two hearts:

BlueStar
December 9th, 2010, 02:46 PM
I'll join in too :) I believe the 21 Dec is also a lunar eclipse as well. That must be auspicious? A solar eclipse follows on the full moon on 4th Jan.

Kiran
December 9th, 2010, 04:00 PM
It is Rory! You are right dearest...it is very auspicious!! Happy to have you join us as always.

SoulChild
December 13th, 2010, 01:01 PM
I am with you all! =))

Narnia
December 13th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Ah ... another good reason to look forward to and celebrate Dec 21st .... count me in please!! :D

(going to skip over to the Pagan group to check out further details ... )

Thank you Lorri!! :)

Kiran
December 13th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Thank you Elizabeth, Polly...glad to have you both join us :)

Focus of Meditation
•Strengthen family bonding with each other
•Expand upon existing patterns of family celebrations
•Attune family to Nature's cycles
•Attune family to its membership in the community of all life on planet Earth
•Connect with ancestors
•Celebrate ethnic/cultural heritage(s)
•Educate about ancient and contemporary folkways
•Extend the celebration of Christmas, be an alternative, or expand upon it
•Deepen understanding about spiritual renewal and love
•Have fun

Prior to the meditation (This is one suggestion, please feel free to focus your intention on something else more personal to you)
Ideally, you will need a red candle that you can use (if you're alone, one will do - if there are more than one of you together, use one for each person). At first sit in darkness, this is to remember the time of darkness is coming to an end and the importance of Light in our lives.
Light the candle, offering thanks for all you have received this year and offer a blessing for the year to come, stating your intention to keep Light in your heart and to share that with others.
Leave the candle alight if safe to do so and extinguish stating to keep the Light of renewal in our hearts.

Kiran
December 20th, 2010, 02:10 PM
I just wanted to remind everyone interested in joining about the meditation tomorrow night at 9pm GMT. I hope you will be able to take a minute out of your day just to sit and be with us.
Please see post above as to a suggestion for tomorrow:haloweencat::Buddha2:

Rana
December 20th, 2010, 09:00 PM
yeah this would be good for me ..but ill have to convert the time ? hope it isnt right now as im writing ..

Kiran
December 21st, 2010, 11:33 AM
Seems very appropriate to post this song...been some time since I heard it but its been in my head all morning...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3woM079L_4&feature=related
Lyrics:

Now is the solstice of the year.
winter is the glad song that you hear.
Seven maids move in seven time.
Have the lads up ready in a line.

Ring out these bells.
Ring out, ring solstice bells.
Ring solstice bells.

Join together 'neath the mistletoe,
by the holy oak whereon it grows.
Seven druids dance in seven time.
Sing the song the bells call, loudly chiming.

Ring out these bells.
Ring solstice bells.

Praise be to the distant sister sun,
joyful as the silver planets run.
Seven maids move in seven time.
Sing the song the bells call, loudly chiming.

Ring out these bells.
Ring solstice bells.
Ring on, ring out.
Ring on, ring out.

BlueStar
December 21st, 2010, 08:07 PM
I will tune in. Not been feeling great today, but regardless, good vibes will be sent out :) 'See' you all there!

Kiran
December 21st, 2010, 08:55 PM
I will tune in. Not been feeling great today, but regardless, good vibes will be sent out :) 'See' you all there!

Thank you dearest and much appreciated....sending much love to you

Kiran
December 21st, 2010, 09:02 PM
As the meditation begins, we remember all those who are with us in spirit that cannot be here with us tonight....we send love to you...
We remember our families, those who we descend from....we send our love to you...
We offer thanks for all the things we have been blessed with this year and offer a blessing that the next year brings us health, peace, love and happiness

Kiran
December 21st, 2010, 09:04 PM
In the dark half of the year, we have withdrawn and felt a need to look inward....what we need to change or need to renew in our lives.
The Solstice brings an end to the dark half and brings light with the longer days that will follow....
We welcome the Light into our lives....asking that it shines on all people...illuminating their way, allowing them to 'see' clearly

Kiran
December 21st, 2010, 09:07 PM
I ask that Light and love be with those in need today....those who are sick, in pain and anguish....may their load be lightened...
I ask that Light and love be with all those alone....that they may know love in their lives...know they are not alone....
I ask that Light and love be in the hearts of those who are immovable like stone....that they find fluidity within themselves, to see other ways of being....

Kiran
December 21st, 2010, 09:09 PM
I ask that Love and Light be with all our family here....
Those who not with us tonight through ill health....I send you much love
I have been truly blessed and thank the powers that be for all I have received in my life
And for lessons learned.

Kiran
December 21st, 2010, 09:13 PM
Give love, Give light and peace be there, to light the way for all who care.

Allow your heart light to shine.....let love lead the way and be your guiding light.
Amen....And so let it be.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_x0AzhByC-qQ/STGTP7Gvu4I/AAAAAAAAA5I/AQIwLP8fFas/s400/heart+of+light.jpg

Kiran
December 22nd, 2010, 09:37 AM
Just an afterthought.....
After the meditation, I became very aware of everyone else....and it seems that while I felt exhilirated by the energy, it seems to have been a very feminine moon. It seems men in particular that are open to energies have been very affected by it. Some with health, other with varying degrees of stress etc....I did warn Peter yesterday to be careful and try and keep on an even keel.
I hope all our friends here are ok and if you experiencing anything, maybe share it here so it may be of help to others...
I am sending love to you all

Anjou
December 22nd, 2010, 12:25 PM
It seems men in particular that are open to energies have been very affected by it. Some with health, other with varying degrees of stress etc.... I hope all our friends here are ok and if you experiencing anything, maybe share it here so it may be of help to others...
I am sending love to you all

I was unable to participate with those who bonded at the suggested time, but I was able to enjoy my own private meditation time later in the night. I extended warm wishes to all of my friends here (and elsewhere). All is well. The past few days had been troubling, but (coincidentally?) certain burdens began lifting yesterday afternoon and my spirit feels decidedly lighter today. I feel the light within me. I hope that others feel the same.

Kiran
December 22nd, 2010, 12:34 PM
I was unable to participate with those who bonded at the suggested time, but I was able to enjoy my own private meditation time later in the night. I extended warm wishes to all of my friends here (and elsewhere). All is well. The past few days had been troubling, but (coincidentally?) certain burdens began lifting yesterday afternoon and my spirit feels decidedly lighter today. I feel the light within me. I hope that others feel the same.

Thank you for sharing Anjou and I am glad to hear things are settling for you now honey. Please feel free to post here if you are aware of anything else going on around you. Thank you for your thoughts and wishes....they are always appreciated.
HUGS and much love to you :)

BlueStar
December 23rd, 2010, 06:55 PM
I joined in briefly and sent out positive intents and healing. I was not feeling well at the time, physically, energetically or emotionally, and not wishing to 'pass this on', I didn't connect too strongly, but I was there in the capacity I could be. It felt a strangely momentous day. Even though I myself felt ick, I felt something subtle yet very positive.

Kiran
December 23rd, 2010, 09:38 PM
I joined in briefly and sent out positive intents and healing. I was not feeling well at the time, physically, energetically or emotionally, and not wishing to 'pass this on', I didn't connect too strongly, but I was there in the capacity I could be. It felt a strangely momentous day. Even though I myself felt ick, I felt something subtle yet very positive.

I felt you honey and sent you healing while I meditated...as I did for all our family who couldn't be with us ;) I am thankful you managed to join in at all honey...
Love you :two hearts::two hearts:

BlueStar
December 24th, 2010, 06:54 PM
Thanks so much Lorri :) I felt you too, shining very brightly!! The healing is much appreciated. Feel a good bit better now :D Love you too :two hearts: