PDA

View Full Version : Celebrations Of This Season

Lion Spirit Walker
December 7th, 2010, 04:19 AM
If you celebrate during this season, what do you celebrate?

Kiran
December 7th, 2010, 08:14 AM
I kind of incorporate Yule in with the Christmas. Yule is the original pagan festival that Christmas is based on and so I celebrate the looking inwards, a time for reflection and remembering....I do celebrate Christmas with my families too but its more a case of chilling out, taking time out to relax and remember what is important in life.

Mr B
December 7th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Well... Over here in Belgium, Netherland, Germany and a few other countries we celebrate on 5 and/or 6 december Saint Nicholas (in Dutch it's called Sinterklaas). And of course Christmas.
Never heard of Yule before, maybe i have but forgot, interesting these are the pagan ways.....

Lion Spirit Walker
December 8th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Pardon me, I'm in a mood.
I feel if I have a roof over my head, food, and I'm warm than it's cause to celebrate. ;)

God's Toy
December 8th, 2010, 09:24 PM
Yep I agree with your thinking dude, always a good reason!

Mr B
December 8th, 2010, 10:11 PM
From that point of view i have to say that you're right and i can't do anything else than to agree on that too.

Narnia
December 9th, 2010, 12:50 AM
Being Alive, the day itself, being Healthy enough to workout .... there is so much, great and small to Celebrate!! :)

You guys know me ... time to break out the bubblies and Celebrate LIFE!! :)

Kiran
December 9th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Well that is kinda what the Yule festival (which was always on the winter solstice 21st December) is all about. It is about letting the Light once again enter our lives as the dark half of the year ends and the lighter one begins; remembering to be thankful for what we have; to enjoy hearth and family and to remember who we are and where we came from.
Just my tuppence worth ;)