PDA

View Full Version : Music Throughout Your Day

Lion Spirit Walker
December 2nd, 2010, 12:41 AM
Throughout the course of our day we listen to a variety of music.
I thought we might use this thread as a place to share that range of music we listen to during the course of our day. You needn't post a video unless you feel you want to highlight a specific point in your day.
A quick, simple list works just fine.

:cool.3:

Lion Spirit Walker
December 2nd, 2010, 12:47 AM
I began my day listening to Tracy Chapman and enjoyed the CD ("New Beginning") so much I gave it a second go around. From there I went into Pink, "Funhouse" CD. Fromthere I went to Seal's "System" CD. That lead to Seal IV, then followed by Seal's "Best 1984-2001". And now I'm back at Pink, "I'm Not Dead".
I'm sure more will follow, but that's been my music choices throughout the day.

Anjou
December 2nd, 2010, 12:20 PM
I actually started my day with one of my favourite songs: Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QCCz4mtd0E

BlueStar
December 2nd, 2010, 07:55 PM
Great idea for a thread Michael, I often get through several albums a day, in the background, to get me going, to inspire me or to relax me. I never listen to the radio and I'm an 'album person', I like listening to whole albums rather than individual tracks.

Today I listened to M83's album "Before the Dawn Heals us", followed by Madonna's "Unearthed" (which isnt actually an album, but is a collection of unreleased tracks from the mid-90s onwards, and ironically one of my favourite Madge 'albums', love it!) and later Moby's "Wait for Me"

PS Love that song Anjou! Pink Floyd are brilliant

Narnia
December 3rd, 2010, 01:09 PM
*Ah .... comes in yanwing .... oh my need more coffee methinks*

Anyhoo .... oh the day here is usually initiated with the turning on of the XM Radio we have. It depends on what the radio is set at from the previous day .... we bounce around between cool jazz, classical, new age, chill ... whatever happens to sound good! :)

But me ... alone in the studio ... it's usually Enigma for me! :)

Anjou
December 3rd, 2010, 01:39 PM
This morning's musical fuel has been provided by assorted fast-paced, high-spirited, classical orchestral overtures to get the blood flowing and the synapses snapping.

Among others, I have listened to Rossini's overtures to The Barber of Seville, Cinderella, and The Thieving Magpie.

Kiran
December 3rd, 2010, 02:34 PM
Am now home sick and have been listening to Il Divo, The Promise.....any of their albums I love if truth be known :)

Mr. Brightside
December 3rd, 2010, 03:30 PM
Today I have been consolidating the music on my PC as it was begining to take over the hard drive, I came across a folder full of old Motown classics so have been giving them a whirl...

Funny how I cant listen to Smokey Robinsons "Tracks of my Tears" anymore without thinking of the movie Platoon, Strange how songs can attatch themselves to images or scenes from our lives or a movie..

Lion Spirit Walker
December 4th, 2010, 01:10 AM
I began with Annie Lennox, "Songs Of Mass Destruction". Then Sting, "Fields Of Gold, the best of". Then Natalie Merchant's "Ophelia". And just finished Annie Lennox's "A Christmas Cornucopia". All CDs.
More yet to go...

BlueStar
December 4th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Today... Jonsi "Go", and while I was painting, Helios "Unleft" and Jon Hopkins "Contact Note" :)

Anjou
December 8th, 2010, 09:20 PM
I just listened to "Somewhere Out There," by Linda Ronstadt and James Ingram.
I am not sure why, but it is a song of longing and hope, and I am in a hopeful mood today.

Lion Spirit Walker
December 8th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Hope is always good. :)

Lion Spirit Walker
December 8th, 2010, 10:18 PM
The music of my day so far has been...
Phil Collins, "Face value"
Steely Dan, "Two Against Nature"
David Arkenstone, "Citizen Of The World"

Mr. Brightside
December 8th, 2010, 11:15 PM
2 U2 greatest hits albums I compiled for my ipod, It was a struggle to get it down to 40 tracks, strange to look at it when finished and realise that most of their big hits were not my favorite tracks and never made it onto the ipod.

Listening to it earlier on a packed bus, outside it was snowing heavily, Miss Sarajevo came on and when Pavarotti pops up it sounded amazing, kind of a surreal experience.......