PDA

View Full Version : Cheer up!

Kiran
November 23rd, 2010, 11:20 AM
In light of all the negativity going on in the world with financial crises etc....I thought it might be an idea to everyday state something that was positive about your day and name one thing you are going to do to lighten things up in your day!

Yesterday - I got cleared through a lot of paperwork and its all ready for filing :D Today I start filing it!
Today - Its a cold but gloriously sunny day! I love healthy weather days like these :) I am going to get out and get a few healthy lungfulls!!!

soulphreemel
November 23rd, 2010, 03:19 PM
Good morning to everyone! I think I'm gonna turn off the tv today and not watch the news... lol... and gonna go for a walk today out in the woods. Love to all, Mel :-)

Kiran
November 23rd, 2010, 03:47 PM
Good morning to everyone! I think I'm gonna turn off the tv today and not watch the news... lol... and gonna go for a walk today out in the woods. Love to all, Mel :-)

Sounds like a good idea ;) Might join you in spirit :)

BlueStar
November 23rd, 2010, 06:58 PM
I can't stand to watch the news - its sadomasochism at its worst! Things that have brightened my day - my dogs, a short walk in the sunshine and checking into MW :)

SoulChild
November 24th, 2010, 12:54 AM
I am having a hard time finding a bright spot in my day today. I will say however, that coming here has made me smile! =))

Narnia
November 24th, 2010, 01:20 PM
I am having a hard time finding a bright spot in my day today. I will say however, that coming here has made me smile! =))

:giveheart .... having you dear SoulChild coming back here has made a bright spot for me!!

Kiran
November 24th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Today my son John rang me to say hello....its not raining....and I am well and healthy :D

Anjou
November 25th, 2010, 04:11 PM
Somthing Positive: My best friend was laid off from his job last February and has struggled since then. (He is a single parent and a home-owner, and more jobs are disappearing than becoming available.) After much diligence, yesterday he informed me that he has landed a secure, well-paying job. I am thrilled for him, and I intend to celebrate with him this weekend.

I have already lightened my personal day by visiting Mysterious Wisdom and feeling the positive energy.

Kiran
November 25th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Somthing Positive: My best friend was laid off from his job last February and has struggled since then. (He is a single parent and a home-owner, and more jobs are disappearing than becoming available.) After much diligence, yesterday he informed me that he has landed a secure, well-paying job. I am thrilled for him, and I intend to celebrate with him this weekend.

I have already lightened my personal day by visiting Mysterious Wisdom and feeling the positive energy.

I am delighted for your friend :) And yes, this is a sanctuary for us all honey ;) Your words have lightened my heart...thank you :)

Narnia
January 18th, 2011, 02:15 AM
http://www.someworthwhilequotes.com/images/graphics/cheerup.jpg

:D Cheer Up!! :D

tonytonytone
January 18th, 2011, 10:37 AM
I'm at the University trying to get them to print out my updated transcripts for a work thing...any delays could mean that in a couple of weeks I may not have a job...but they keep moving me from office to office...that's just messed my day up bad! So now I wait for the people to get back from lunch (which I haven't had by the way) so I can "beg" them for MY transcripts.

BUT...checking in here has brightened up my day with all the positive energy you all have. :)

Kiran
January 18th, 2011, 02:01 PM
I'm at the University trying to get them to print out my updated transcripts for a work thing...any delays could mean that in a couple of weeks I may not have a job...but they keep moving me from office to office...that's just messed my day up bad! So now I wait for the people to get back from lunch (which I haven't had by the way) so I can "beg" them for MY transcripts.

BUT...checking in here has brightened up my day with all the positive energy you all have. :)

Tony....sending you great big hugs honey....just wanted to share....no matter what happens, you can only do what you can do....and hey, if anything else happens, it means there is something better down the road for us. The Universe has a way of always taking care of us.
Much love to you

Lion Spirit Walker
January 19th, 2011, 12:18 AM
Big virtual Hugs tony, my dear friend. I truly hope things settle in a positive manner very soon.

Lion Spirit Walker
January 19th, 2011, 08:54 PM
A simple exercise to bring about a more positive mood...
Go to the largest mirror in your home (yes, this exercise must be done at home. Lol.) Remove all of your clothing (and did I mention a little privacy may be prefferred?) while maintaining focus on the goal of this exercise. Do not critique the appearance of your body. There is plenty of time to do that later, should you feel so compelled.
Than simply imagine (visually) you have a bit of sinus congestion and you've just given a good blow through your nose. Only you had no tissue or anything else to catch the mess in.
Okay, I realize it's a little warped. Lol. But it has me chuckling. Hehehe.

Narnia
January 19th, 2011, 09:57 PM
A simple exercise to bring about a more positive mood...
Go to the largest mirror in your home (yes, this exercise must be done at home. Lol.) Remove all of your clothing (and did I mention a little privacy may be prefferred?) while maintaining focus on the goal of this exercise. Do not critique the appearance of your body. There is plenty of time to do that later, should you feel so compelled.
Than simply imagine (visually) you have a bit of sinus congestion and you've just given a good blow through your nose. Only you had no tissue or anything else to catch the mess in.
Okay, I realize it's a little warped. Lol. But it has me chuckling. Hehehe.

Eeewwwwwwww!!!!

:blink:

:crazy

Lion Spirit Walker
January 20th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Hahaha. It is funny though. Hehehe.

Mr. Brightside
January 21st, 2011, 04:27 PM
A wonderful topic my dear ;)

Today i am not going to think too seriously about life, I am just gonna play some of my favorite music and have a winter clear out.

Kiran
January 21st, 2011, 04:30 PM
And sending you a huge snuggly hug to keep you warm too...and a chocolate hobnob ;)

Mr. Brightside
January 21st, 2011, 04:47 PM
thanks honey, hobnobs wold certainly make my day ;)

Rana
January 21st, 2011, 10:56 PM
watched the news this morning and im so proud of the collective effort all of Australia has put together to help the Queenslanders ! its special and makes me a proud New Zealander/Australian !

Mr. Brightside
January 22nd, 2011, 07:12 PM
watched the news this morning and im so proud of the collective effort all of Australia has put together to help the Queenslanders ! its special and makes me a proud New Zealander/Australian !

It is special and heartwearming to see communities come together in times of crisis, I hope the effort continues and people can start rebuilding their lives..

Lion Spirit Walker
January 22nd, 2011, 08:58 PM
Agree whole heartedly. :) Good indeed. :)

It is special and heartwearming to see communities come together in times of crisis, I hope the effort continues and people can start rebuilding their lives..

Lion Spirit Walker
January 25th, 2011, 12:01 AM
Come over here and give me a Huge Kiss. hahaha. But first you must kiss Psy my cockatoo. LOLLOL

Lion Spirit Walker
January 26th, 2011, 02:12 AM
Take the time to play, laugh and truly enjoy Life.
Playing is something a number of species do and yet we seem to have forgotten it's true value.
Simply allow the child within to come out and breath fresh air once in a while.
This is always fun. Go into a super market or department store and act completely silly. It's fun. Trust me. LOL. :)