PDA

View Full Version : MW Groups

Lion Spirit Walker
November 8th, 2010, 01:33 AM
The thread for all things about MW's Groups. From basic discriptions, activities, new developments, to new Groups.
Members can post there own reviews about the Groups. And share ideas in what they might like to have in a Group.
For those of you who are new to the site, take a moment to scroll up to the top where the options bar is located. Move your cursor over the word 'Community' and click on it. A small list of options will appear beneath. Click on 'Groups'. This will take you directly to the primary Groups page. There you can read the descriptions of each Group, become a member of any or all Groups, and you can even create your own Group or Groups.
It's very simple and can be enjoyable as an additional MW Member bennifit.
Should you have any questions not addressed within this thread or at the primary Groups page please don't hesitate to ask either of the Mods or Admin for assistance. Everyone here is kind, helpful, and considerate and will provide any assistance you may need.
Most importantly, have fun with it. It's a wonderful bennifit to being a member of Mysterious Wisdom.

It appears that the MW Groups have fallen by the wayside.
Any thoughts on what members might want to see in the way of group activity?
It would be a shame to lose that aspect of MW all together.

Lion Spirit Walker
November 8th, 2010, 03:04 AM
I actually have a few thoughts, but I think I'll wait to see what response the initial post gets.

Kiran
November 8th, 2010, 08:28 AM
I think we'll have to employ you as our "ideas" man Michael...lol ;)

God's Toy
November 8th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Love this thred! Want user feedback on this so please respond!

The cool part of the user groups is that everyone who wants to have one, can! it's only a few click away and it can be about anything and everything you like. The really cool part is the creator of the group is the owner and manager of it!
I for one would love to see loads more groups set up and used by members but you have to have the members to have the groups.

As for ideas,
Want to have a Enigma only chat? or start a campaign to get MC to join up/show himself!! Girl_in_love Start a group! HA! Love coffee and want to tell the world? Then start a group, want to show off your art, fashion, music, pictures, talk about games, new tech, cars, YouTube videos, girls- boys indeed anything and everything you want, then start a group! You have the power here and you take it in the direction you want to go.

I think myself its a very powerful tool to have on MW and just like the blogging software and members own profiles pages it's there, unlimited and waiting for you to use!

What we need: Members, members and more members!

To get more groups started, forums filled and threads maintained and active I feel we need to drive ahead once more with membership pulling as all the best software in the world is useless without members wanting/willing to use it.
I would love you guys to (A) get the word out that we need more members as more members means more posts/threads/groups and activity and/or (B) get creative and help bring in the massess yourself!
Use Facebook, remember to click "post to facebook" when posting on all open forums and retweet links via Twitter and all other message boards your already a part of to help get us known!! we need to pimp us up big time :)

Lol yea I'm on the Coffee this morning... perhaps I should have a group on that!

If anyone needs help setting up a group please call on any of the mods.

Note to self, look into putting a button on the main forum display page for user groups....could help.

Regards,

BlueStar
November 8th, 2010, 03:32 PM
To be honest, I'd forgotten all about the groups. Eeek! Sorry. I wonder if it might be better to concentrate on more activity in the forums first? It's been so quiet lately. I know I maybe haven't been overflowing with conversation myself, maybe as I don't spend all that much time online. But thanks for the reminder, it is a cool feature! :)

Lion Spirit Walker
November 9th, 2010, 12:47 AM
Hehehehe. I'm 'pimping. Lol. And I'll pimp even more. This place is the best and I don't have any reservations letting the world know it.
As for creative Group Ideas, hehehe..... The challenge is on. Hahahaha.

Lion Spirit Walker
November 9th, 2010, 01:11 AM
A thought... If your Group has something going on, post it on the home page calendar.
Time to create and 'pimp' my groups. Hehehehehehe.

Lion Spirit Walker
November 9th, 2010, 01:15 AM
Oh. LOL. Regarding member partisipation. Hehehe. Let me at those e-mail addys. LOLLOL. I'll rattle a few cages. Hehehe.
Let's get this place hopping.
Don't make me strip down and dance nude to some techno pop for my next video. Hahahahaha.
[Just joking.]

Lion Spirit Walker
November 9th, 2010, 01:34 AM
Bummer dude. I just realized you can't post to the home page calendar anymore.

Lion Spirit Walker
November 9th, 2010, 01:38 AM
Just a thought... But what about having a small forum for Group listings, descriptions, and updates.
I realize all of that already exist in the Groups section. But it appears that it's a case of out of sight out of mind.

Lion Spirit Walker
November 9th, 2010, 05:48 AM
A new Group has been created. Ir's called 'The MW Oracle'. I'd like to request everyone stop by and check it out.
An additional note; It was actually enjoyable creating the group. And i would recommend everyone give it a try. LOL. It's better than blogging. Hehe.
See you there.

Lion Spirit Walker
November 9th, 2010, 06:30 AM
Scratch my previous post about the calendar. Haha. I found it.

Kiran
November 9th, 2010, 08:13 AM
Thanks for the invite ;) Joined up and look forward to sharing :)

God's Toy
November 9th, 2010, 01:20 PM
We have a forum for groups updates and all related MW info already, just make a thread in the Noticeboard forum and your done :)

Lion Spirit Walker
November 9th, 2010, 08:58 PM
Right On. Ty, ty, ty. :)

Narnia
November 10th, 2010, 02:30 AM
In 'Mod-Mode'

Don't mind me ... I am just putting like with like, cleaning up a bit ... keep posting!! :)

Lion Spirit Walker
November 10th, 2010, 03:29 AM
Truly appreciated. Orderly is good. Tyvm. :)

God's Toy
November 10th, 2010, 06:49 AM
Hmm I'm moving this thread back to the home forum.

Yes info about new groups should be in the Noticeboard forum BUT as this thread contains member discussions about promoting MW it should be in home.

Narnia
November 10th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Okay cool ... yeah I was alittle sleepy last night and was more focused getting to bed ... Thanks Peter!! :)

Lion Spirit Walker
November 13th, 2010, 04:48 AM
A little 'member feesback' on MW Groups... Need More Member Partisapation and Input.

Lion Spirit Walker
November 13th, 2010, 04:51 AM
Also... I've given a description (simple copy and paste plus a little more) of The MW Oracle group I had recently created in the noticeboard forum.
Maybe if some of the other creators of the current Groups could give a simple discription here.
Lol. Now please don't leave this up to me as you know how I get when left to my own devises. Hahahaha.

Narnia
November 13th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Oh yes ... I am sure we can imagine that pretty well ... my friend! ;)

BlueStar
November 13th, 2010, 01:38 PM
A little 'member feesback' on MW Groups... Need More Member Partisapation and Input.

Not just the groups, but the whole forum. Everyone must have gone really shy. I wonder what would get people talking again!! Hmmm.....

God's Toy
November 13th, 2010, 01:52 PM
We need ideas people!

OK the good news is, I see we have a few new groups and 6 new members in as many days! This is very good news and I hope it helps kick start MW back to non stop chatter.

I think part of the problem is also seeing the same returning threads on many of the top forums... Perhaps some fresh ones would help!?

To help get people in I have changed member Blog and photo album permissions too, they are now open to every registered users of more than 10 days with at least 10 posts on the forums.

We are open to all ideas so post em if you got em!

I have added a few new Group Categories to the list, if anyone can think of more please let me know.

Remember to help MW get the word out please link back to MW wherever you can and use 'publish to facebook' when posting in all open forums.

BlueStar
November 13th, 2010, 08:08 PM
We need ideas people!

I had the idea of maybe a poll or questionnaire - you know, asking people what they like/dislike and what kind of things or topics they'd like to see perhaps? Although of course theres nothing stopping anyone from starting those topics at the moment! So...I don't know. I will keep thinking :)

Lion Spirit Walker
November 13th, 2010, 09:37 PM
Run with it Rory. The worse that could happen is you throw a shoe. [lol].
What we can do to shake this place up....Hehehehhee. Okay, now I need to behave. Lollol.

Lion Spirit Walker
November 13th, 2010, 09:45 PM
LOL. With the way my mind has shifted into serious MW Gear, I feel like I'm back in advertising. LOL. But honestly, I'm loving every bit of it. This site and everyone here is truly dear to my heart. So it's simply an act of love. Go figure. ;)

God's Toy
November 13th, 2010, 11:39 PM
I had the idea of maybe a poll or questionnaire - you know, asking people what they like/dislike and what kind of things or topics they'd like to see perhaps? Although of course theres nothing stopping anyone from starting those topics at the moment! So...I don't know. I will keep thinking :)

Yep its a good idea dude but at the same time we are always open to feedback from anyone anytime.

I suppose what we have to be mindful off is the danger of doing everything we want and in doing so turning the forum into what we wanted while possibly putting off first time visitors to MW.
Getting new people in should always be the reasons behind all ideas suggested here.

But yea I love the idea.

God's Toy
November 14th, 2010, 12:10 AM
LOL. With the way my mind has shifted into serious MW Gear, I feel like I'm back in advertising. LOL. But honestly, I'm loving every bit of it. This site and everyone here is truly dear to my heart. So it's simply an act of love. Go figure. ;)

You have done loads for us already my friend, with new members, promotion and good ideas. I thank you for all your help.

BlueStar
November 14th, 2010, 07:11 PM
I have an idea for a thread of two that might encourage user participation. No energy tonight though, so I'll get back to that again

Lion Spirit Walker
November 15th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Very much looking forward to reading what you may have in mind. :)

Lion Spirit Walker
November 17th, 2010, 02:24 AM
Reminder; Members feedback on what they might like in a group.