PDA

View Full Version : Message to your 16 year old self

little bird
November 5th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Heard this on the radio this morning and thought it would make a good topic. Not even sure if I'm posting this in the right place but I'm sure one of you fine mods and admins will soon correct that if I'm wrong.

So anyway. The point is, if you could tell 16 year old self something, what would it be?

A lot of very interesting responses on the radio were mentioned but now I'd like to hear what you lovely people would say to your 16 year old selves if you got the opportunity.

Looking forward to seeing your responses.

Take care
Kiera

God's Toy
November 5th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Your right so dont hold back, push on!

...and Yes, the Universe did hear you...

Kiran
November 5th, 2010, 03:06 PM
You are going to go through some not good stuff but its all about learning and will show you, you are on the right path so follow your instincts and you will always steer the right course. Don't be so scared of everything, you will end up in the right place and time and all will be well.
Also don't be so uptight...try and remember its not your job to carry everyone else, you are allowed to have some fun ;)

Lion Spirit Walker
November 6th, 2010, 04:41 AM
Interesting topic Little Bird. Pink released a song in which she speaks to her 13 year old self. I thought of it when I read the title of this thread.
In all honesty I would say nothing at all. I wouldn't even want my 16 year old self to acknoledge me as I am now.
The reason is due to my belief that I would not be who I am Now if I were to alter the path of my lifetime to this point.
All the steps that I've taken through this lifetime up to now make me who I am now.
p.s., I like who I am now.

BlueStar
November 6th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Great idea for a thread Keira. I saw this on twitter and briefly thought about it but didn't know what I could say to myself.

I guess what I most needed to hear when I was 16...?

Relax. Don't take it all so seriously. You're a whole lot better than you think you are, in every way. Move beyond the fear and uncertainty and just let go. Have fun. Life may not go the way you plan it, but everything is part of a grander design and everything will always be all right, even when it least seems so. Celebrate your uniqueness and your 'weirdness' - don't be so concerned with other people's opinions, because most of them are just full of crap. Make the most of every moment and never take anything - or anyone - for granted. Life passes by far more quickly than you might think, so enjoy it while you can. It's always all right...and so are you.

little bird
November 7th, 2010, 12:59 AM
LOL - Rory - you'd say what I would say.

Don't take things so seriously, relax and just enjoy it while you can because it gets very serious when you're older. Oh and no...you're not fat!!! Cop on to yourself.

Rana
November 7th, 2010, 06:49 AM
oi ! you ! yeah thats right you ! listen up ..im talking to you from the future ..trust me with all ur heart .. always trust that intuition becos its real .. love yourslef reguardless to what anyone e;se tells you ! have alot of fun ! stand up for your beliefs and dont waste ur time on that boy friend ..move on wards and forwards.let ur family handle their own ****e ..you cant change their destiny no matter how hard you try. stay in school and go all the way ..save some money and keep it in the bank. . most of all go back home and live with Dad ..

Narnia
November 7th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Rana ... I just loved reading your post .... HA!! I can just see you, you now as an adult talking your teenager self ... and your teenager self taking it all in!! :)

Lion Spirit Walker
November 7th, 2010, 11:36 PM
I have to ask. Pardon me. But would you still speak to yourself at that age even if it meant you would not be who you are3 now, if you existed at all.
What is it refferred to? 'The Butterfly Effect?'

little bird
November 8th, 2010, 12:45 PM
No probably not but I'm merely speaking on this level for a bit of fun. Generally speaking, no timeline should be messed with and I wouldn't change the path I'm on now as I'd be afraid to lose aspects of my life that may not have come about if things were to have been changed.

This is really just for fun.

I suppose you could think of it as if you were talking to any 16 year old who's finding their way in the world. What piece of advice would you give them to guide them on their path?

Jester Black
November 8th, 2010, 02:07 PM
embrace your madness...its the most sane thing youll ever know

Lion Spirit Walker
November 9th, 2010, 12:35 AM
Pardon me Little Bird. My comments did detract from the light heartedness of the thread and I do sincerely apologize.
Okay, with the fun of it in mind...
Get a Macaw or Cockatoo while your young. They'll teach you more of yourself than you can ever learn through any acedemic study. And remember, they are like young children. Respect them and love them as such. They will love you unconditionally for the rest of your lifetime.
:)
That was fun. ;)

Narnia
November 9th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Hey you ... snap out of it, stop feeling sorry for yourself! Don't take things soooo gawd damn personally! Watch out for older sneaky men! And most important ... stay true to your art! ... your art is more important to you than anything else!!

little bird
November 9th, 2010, 04:30 PM
Yay - that's the spirit :D