PDA

View Full Version : Solitude

inutero
August 24th, 2010, 02:49 AM
What do you find within your solitude?

Kiran
August 24th, 2010, 10:20 AM
A few years ago I would find the scariest thing...being in my own company! But these days, I find peace of mind, contentment in my solitude. I love the chance to just be...and enjoy the quiet.

God's Toy
August 24th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Happiness :)

Narnia
August 24th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Peace and Happiness!

Good question sweets ... and thank you for this good thread!! :)

BlueStar
August 24th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Nothingness...and paradoxically everythingness.

BlueStar
August 24th, 2010, 05:56 PM
I felt I should elaborate a bit more, that might sound flippant. I find I lose balance when I spend too much time without having solitude. I've always been very sensitive to other people and their stuff. Too much time without stillness and reconnecting with my Self and I end up stressed and zapped. I think everyone needs to take some space to themselves (even if it's just a few minutes a day), and it's preferable to switch off all computers and mobile devices while doing so. Retreating, unplugging and reconnecting can be tremendously transformative and healing. It gives us the space to recharge and rebalance.

inutero
August 25th, 2010, 12:52 AM
Thanks everyone for posting on this thread. I have to say that I agree totally with your comment Rory. I also find myself that if I don't have my solitude I tend to become stressed and cranky. I need to have my me time. It calms me down and gives me a time to reflect and think about things thoroughly.

Although at times I think that I might give myself too much solitude. What I mean by that is that I start to think about many things and then I find myself to have more and more unanswered questions.

Lion Spirit Walker
August 25th, 2010, 02:50 AM
I'm reminded of the general belief in psychology; Solitude is a choice. Where as loniliness is imposed.
My lifetime has been that of solitude (with the exception of the necessary social interactions to sustain myself) since the death of my partner in early March of 1993. I could have chosen a different path, but I understood that that which I felt strongly drawn to (True sense of Self and Universal interconnectedness) could only be found in solitude.
After all this time, I cannot imagine my lifetime any other way. I would not be who I am now if not for the choice of solitude.

inutero
August 25th, 2010, 03:39 AM
I wouldn't know how to survive without my solitude. It has become an integral part of my being.

Jordan
August 28th, 2010, 12:40 PM
I afraid from....SOLITUDE is my biggest fear...LONELINES... ohhh...too much forced thoughts...that i can't solve... questions...that no answers...... my destiny is sharing myself with others

Rana
August 29th, 2010, 08:18 AM
sometimes for me its what i dont find ..i think we are all connected and life survives because of this aspect and divine plan .. not to say i dont enjoy being alone ..i enjoy my space ..but i need others to help me evolve xx