PDA

View Full Version : Lessons of Life

Mr. Brightside
July 27th, 2010, 11:39 PM
Lessons of Life

Life is a learning experience. we find our own way in the world, we take wrong paths, we correct ourselves, we fall we get up dust ourselves down and move on. Not a lot is written on a giant stone tablet on the top of a mountain. It is written by us as we move through time, constantly updating our knowledge through experience

So my question to you is, If you could offer advice to somebody just setting off on the life road to discovery what pieces of advice would you give them that you think would help them along the way.

Imagine you were sat by a river with your son/daughter/friend who is about to leave home the next day to fend for themselves, what would you say to them?

http://i26.tinypic.com/1znpmr5.jpg

Lion Spirit Walker
July 28th, 2010, 12:09 AM
Wonderful thread. I like this very much. Hopefully we can give new advice each day. ;)

Respect All that exist. For All is truly interconnected. And never forget yourSelf in this respect.
:cool.3:

Mr. Brightside
July 28th, 2010, 12:13 AM
What a wonderful first piece of advice ty Michael :)

Lion Spirit Walker
July 28th, 2010, 01:02 AM
A wonderful thread my dear friend. Thank you very much for starting it. ;)

Kiran
July 28th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Never forget, you are not alone, no matter how you might feel sometimes and everything act/word you do and say impacts on something somewhere so choose them wisely.

Mr. Brightside
July 28th, 2010, 12:06 PM
^wise words Lorri :)

Never let other people tell you what you should belive in, follow your own path to peace..

Whatever you love and feel passionate about - thats what you should try and make a living out of... any other job will leave you with a feeling that your on the wrong path.

Never trusts anybody in a bright Polka dot tie ;)

Mr. Brightside
July 28th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Always Keep your head up when you ride a bike and watch out for parked cars and barbed wire :)

Sorry Polly, couldnt resist :D

BlueStar
July 28th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Great thread. Here's what occurs to me, a simple piece of advice that perhaps the majority of people don't follow: Just as it's not wise to to believe everything that you read, it's also not wise to believe everything that you think. Thoughts are not reality, just crude approximations (and often hideously gross distortions).

SoulChild
July 28th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Have patience! The mind loves new toys! Don't be too quick to spend all your energy on any one thing because that new thing is right around the corner. Practice, Train, and Learn as much as you can because it may be useful in many situations. Hold on to the things you love, but not too tight because sometimes you have to let things "grow" and move on. There is always opportunity for growth, try not to be satisfied with any form of information. Always experience, test, question, and soak in as much information from as many different aspects of life as possible. Have an open mind, but not so open that it causes you to be niave. Don't regret, take all experiences as learning experience. Learn from them, and move on. Use daily affirmations because human nature is forgetful. You have to continually tell yourself what you are trying to do in order to stay focused. What you can visualize, you can make happen. Change is constant. If you find yourself saying to yourself "I have always been that way" or "Thats how I've always done it" well, then, that is the problem. You are the solution, you have to change something in order to make a difference. Smile! Turn the corner of your cheeks up, let your eyes shine bright, and give and recieve equally in accordance with the universe. :)

Jester Black
July 28th, 2010, 06:42 PM
1. When addressing any issue, make sure you get to the big picture view to ensure that what you are doing or intend to do, does not have unexpected consequences that would worsen the situation. I learned this the hard way when my closest friend was killed because we tried to change the world we lived in and didnt see the possible repercussions. Ive been living with that guilt on a daily basis for over 30 years since.

2. Your most important task as a parent is providing your child with a sense of being and a measure of self -respect. Everything else tends to fall into place once you have that established.

3. Be true to who you are even if sometimes people dont understand. In the end, you have to live with yourself.

4. Learn to find the good in a person before you learn to hate their faults.

BlueStar
July 28th, 2010, 07:31 PM
“One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life. That word is love.” Sophocles

Mr. Brightside
July 28th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Some great advice there guys, Thanks for sharing it

Rana
July 31st, 2010, 11:38 AM
to my children on their journey i would say ..my home is always yours ..i trust your intuition ..i know your judgements to be right ..i support you in all your endevours ..allow your self to be guided ..stay close to your truth ..stray never too for away from spirit when you enter the world .. oh and have so much fun ..the world is full of adventure ..flow with it ..become one xx

Lion Spirit Walker
August 2nd, 2010, 11:25 PM
Never forget to listen as the Earth and Universe is always speaking to you. You need only listen.

God's Toy
August 8th, 2010, 02:57 AM
Every now and then remember, 'this place was made just for you' . Stop by to say hi... You will miss it when its gone.

Narnia
August 8th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Every now and then remember, 'this place was made just for you' . Stop by to say hi... You will miss it when its gone.

Shhhhould I be worried .... cause it kinda has me worried ... the whole 'when it's gone' thing ...

Lion Spirit Walker
August 10th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Never hesitate to ask 'Why?' Always seek greater 'Understanding.'

Lion Spirit Walker
August 12th, 2010, 12:39 AM
Try not to become so consumed by pain that you forget you are part of the 'Big Picture'.

Lion Spirit Walker
August 12th, 2010, 05:39 AM
Belive in your True Self and process.

Rana
August 13th, 2010, 04:09 AM
believe and never lose ur faith .. listen without ears ..

Kiran
August 13th, 2010, 08:48 AM
Let go of the ego...it is this that will stop you moving forward. Think with your heart and feel with your head.