PDA

View Full Version : UK peeps: please act to stop the Hunting Act being repealed

BlueStar
July 21st, 2010, 06:21 PM
You might think the new Tory government in the UK would have its hands full trying to deal with important economic matters, but one of its priorities is to repeal the Hunting Act, which was brought in place by the Labour government to ban the barbaric and sickening practise of hunting with dogs. It's really quite sickening and I hope the country doesn't take a massive step backwards and allow this contemptible 'sport'.

Please click here to find out how your MP intends to vote and from here you can also send an email outlining your opposition to this proposed return to cruelty.

Please act now, this is a priority

http://e-activist.com/ea-campaign/clientcampaign.do?ea.client.id=15&ea.campaign.id=704 (http://e-activist.com/ea-campaign/clientcampaign.do?ea.client.id=15&ea.campaign.id=7041)1

Thank you :)

Mr. Brightside
July 21st, 2010, 07:10 PM
I will follow this up, My local MP is Labour so I would have thought he would be against it, I never realised they were considering reversing it :( All bloodsports are shocking imo and should be banned.

I read somewhere (not sure how true it is) that labour banned foxhunting not out of some compassionate crusade but in revenge for the miners strike under Thatcher. Whatever reason they did it though It should never be reversed and I doubt it will be.

This Tory/Libdem puppet goverment is losing friends fast, I dread to think what they will come up with next.

Mr. Brightside
July 21st, 2010, 07:25 PM
I was right, now I hope he turns up to vote

Here is your MP. (S)he would vote to protect the Hunting Act.

Please thank your MP and urge him or her to turn up for the vote.

BlueStar
July 21st, 2010, 07:40 PM
Thanks Sean! I was extremely annoyed with my MP, who is with the Scottish Nationalist Party, the utter imbeciles that run this country. He is refusing to vote on the subject because the matter does not directly involve Scotland. I told him he's a waste of space. LOL. Frustrating that he refuses to speak on this subject, even though he admits he's opposed to it. Nice to see that political agendas always come first.

I really hope the Tories don't get their way. Can't they just go down the pub like everyone else, I don't understand the need to tear animals to pieces and call it 'social' and a 'sport'. I wouldn't want to see the country take such a dramatic step backward. Gotta stay positive and focus on what we want and not what we don't want I guess :)

Deep breath...!