PDA

View Full Version : Uncommonly known fact about YOU !

Samael
July 18th, 2010, 12:48 AM
I was inspired to make this thread by reading thread Lagio made :mask.1: I thought it would be fun if we all share some fun fact about ourselves or even better fun facts about us when we were kids..

I'll go first with a few..

1. When I was a kid I thought RuPaul was a woman, woman with fabulous natural hair :Boy_yes3:

2. When I was a kid I thought Michael Jackson was "white" and that Thriller guy was someone completely different...

3. I sow all Back to The Future Movies like 500 times

4. I love Vincent Price movies

5. I like playing with a cornier of a pillow with my finger tips

6. Hate watching movies without a happy ending:wacko1:

To be continued...

Narnia
July 18th, 2010, 02:02 AM
Okay ... I'm game ... *hm?*

When Jurassic Park was playing in the theatres back in 1993 ... I saw it 14 times (in the theatre) with my Dad ... (guess there's something about Spielberg movies, that have people coming back for more!) ... :)

Hate cleaning my studio brushes and I dream about hiring a kid from down the street to clean them for me ...

Love doing laundry!

Love David Suchet!

Love the tv show Burn Notice ... and I really like the character 'Sam'.

Lion Spirit Walker
July 18th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Okay, I'll have a go at this.... Hmm. What can I say that hasn't already been said and maintaining a 'PG' rating...Hmmm.
While walking along a state beach in Southern California at approximately 14 yrs old, I came acrossed a pile of giant sea kelp with crabs crawling all around it. As I neared this pile of kelp I realized it was entangled around a female California Sea Lion that had been half eaten by a Great White Shark. Well at least the back half was missing and it apparently came off in a single bite. I didn't find it disturbing at all. I saw it as the circle of Life.
I often swam in those waters and kicKed a few sharks while doing so. Fortunately the sharks didn't consider me a part of their 'circle of Life'.
Oh. And I've always loved Sea Otters. They are soo cool. They are also a part of that elite 'circle o0f Life'. Hmmmm. Seeing that may have disturbed me a bit.

Lion Spirit Walker
July 18th, 2010, 07:48 AM
Please note; I like this thread and posted it to FB. So be aware. OOOOOOOHHHHHHH. Hehehehhe.

Kiran
July 18th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Hmm...ok...here goes...
when I was about 5, my sister took me to see the Wizard of Oz and it scared the life out of me!
I always used to tease my younger brother as he was the baby and the only boy but I did love him very much and we did laugh so much as children.
I hate the film Chitty Chitty Bang Bang as I find the children catcher really freaky so I never watch it (even though I love musicals on the whole).
I hate bugs even though I know they have a purpose.
I always loved ice cream.

Mr. Brightside
July 18th, 2010, 11:24 AM
I adore Helena Bonham Carter, I first saw her in a Rik Mayall comedy many years ago, She has the most beautiful eyes..

http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/helena-bonham-carter-20070618-271689.jpg

I can balance things on my nose :D

I love the smell of Mint

I love people who dont dress or conform to the norm and dare to be different

Narnia
July 18th, 2010, 12:41 PM
I adore Helena Bonham Carter ...

http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/helena-bonham-carter-20070618-271689.jpg

Me too!! .... always thought she was the epitome of beauty.

First saw her in 'A Room with a View' back in the 80's and have been a fan of hers since! :)

Now this ... I have to see .... :D

Narnia
July 18th, 2010, 12:43 PM
I hate bugs even though I know they have a purpose.

HA!! I hate bugs too .... especially flies.

Rana
July 18th, 2010, 01:12 PM
oh wow .. when i was a child ? hmmmm ..hard to think of anything interesting ..
i hated the planet of the apes (APES) they scared me deeply ..the thought of that being true was horrifying to me
i spent hours creating these elaborate stories in my imagination with me as the main character ..i was always the beautiful princess being rescued or transformed somehow ..or i was being carried away by faires to my real world ..or to space ..honestly i could lie awake during the day on my bed or on the grass in the back yard eyes open ..creating ..some i can still see in my mind .. makes me laugh to think of this xx
i was a bit weird as a child because although i had family and friends i preferred to play with my dolls etc in my imaginary worlds ..i didnt feel understood by other children ..id prefer to play with the bumble bees and regualr bees to watch how they interact ..as well as follow the ants trail for hours and hours
i hated one of my sisters deeply because she was a teaser
what many people dont know about me ..is that yes i talk alot but im really happiest in my own company and i am a great listener when i make the time
i love swinging on the swings at the park ..and when the kids are at school i have a huge bounce on the trampoline so i dont have to share it
i watch my children sleep often and cry because they are so beautiful to me ..
i miss my dad everyday (dads still with me but far away)
i work very hard in my day ..and have all my life but if i had the chance ..i wouldnt work im happy to laze ..

thankyou for this thread ..its really sent my brain in the right direction ..

Mr. Brightside
July 18th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Love this thread and the insights, good idea Sam :)

BlueStar
July 18th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Cool thread!! Fun. I dunno what to write...hrmmmmm...let's see...

I had a strangely large head when I was baby...LOL...but I grew into it. I think.

When I was a kid, maybe between 10-14 I made my own comics, featuring a character called King Croc. They were kind of quirky, funny and most people seemed to love them, my school teachers loved reading them. I still have a few of them stuffed in a drawer.

I've had insomnia on and off (but frequently on!) ever since I was...a baby. Always had trouble sleeping, never figured out why. It sucks.

The film Charlie and the Chocolate Factory freaked me out when I was little (the Gene Wilder film). I recall finding it very freaky and disturbing and had nightmares about the fat boy who got stuck in the pipe!

My favourite cartoon when I was a kid was Thundercats. I don't know whether this is nostalgic or sad, but I bought the DVDs a couple of years ago to relive the magic. It's still really cool!

I loathe the feel of cotton wool. Ick!

I have a mild touch of OCD about certain things, like lining up mugs correctly on the mug tree! They have to face the same direction. But I'm not quite as bad as i used to be :P

The best form of therapy in the universe is a hot bath with chilled music playing.

I honestly don't have a clue who I am anymore...it's like there's no one there sometimes. I don't mean that in a bad way though...

I could just sit and stare at the sky all day long. It fascinates me...maybe not so much on overcast grey days...but I love cloud-watching. The sky configuration outside right now is unique and has never been exactly like before and never will be again

I like animals...sometimes a bit more than people...

I like cake.

Mr. Brightside
July 18th, 2010, 07:47 PM
great insights Rory, bet King Croc was cool :)

I had a strangely large head when I was baby...LOL...but I grew into it. I think..

this one remined me of one of my own, my mother told me when I was born I was covered in a mass of grey hair, god knows why, i was a yeti baby lol

A photo of me when I first learned to walk ;)

http://blog.craftzine.com/Yeti.jpg

Samael
July 18th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Okay, I'll have a go at this.... Hmm. What can I say that hasn't already been said and maintaining a 'PG' rating...Hmmm.
While walking along a state beach in Southern California at approximately 14 yrs old, I came acrossed a pile of giant sea kelp with crabs crawling all around it. As I neared this pile of kelp I realized it was entangled around a female California Sea Lion that had been half eaten by a Great White Shark. Well at least the back half was missing and it apparently came off in a single bite. I didn't find it disturbing at all. I saw it as the circle of Life.
I often swam in those waters and kicKed a few sharks while doing so. Fortunately the sharks didn't consider me a part of their 'circle of Life'.
Oh. And I've always loved Sea Otters. They are soo cool. They are also a part of that elite 'circle o0f Life'. Hmmmm. Seeing that may have disturbed me a bit.

Oh my... I would never even come near it, or sharks... :) Scary stuff

Samael
July 18th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Hmm...ok...here goes...
when I was about 5, my sister took me to see the Wizard of Oz and it scared the life out of me

When I was about the same age, my mom rented me VHS of "Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs" and at one point she had to turn the movie off, because I was sooooo scared when I sow the witch...

Samael
July 18th, 2010, 08:02 PM
I adore Helena Bonham Carter, I first saw her in a Rik Mayall comedy many years ago, She has the most beautiful eyes..

I love the smell of Mint

I love people who dont dress or conform to the norm and dare to be different

I love her as well.. TB is one of my favorite directors.. She has that classical beauty that is so rare these days..

Samael
July 18th, 2010, 08:04 PM
oh wow .. when i was a child ? hmmmm ..hard to think of anything interesting ..
i hated the planet of the apes (APES) they scared me deeply ..the thought of that being true was horrifying to me
i spent hours creating these elaborate stories in my imagination with me as the main character ..i was always the beautiful princess being rescued or transformed somehow ..or i was being carried away by faires to my real world ..or to space ..honestly i could lie awake during the day on my bed or on the grass in the back yard eyes open ..creating ..some i can still see in my mind .. makes me laugh to think of this xx
i was a bit weird as a child because although i had family and friends i preferred to play with my dolls etc in my imaginary worlds ..i didnt feel understood by other children ..id prefer to play with the bumble bees and regualr bees to watch how they interact ..as well as follow the ants trail for hours and hours
i hated one of my sisters deeply because she was a teaser
what many people dont know about me ..is that yes i talk alot but im really happiest in my own company and i am a great listener when i make the time
i love swinging on the swings at the park ..and when the kids are at school i have a huge bounce on the trampoline so i dont have to share it
i watch my children sleep often and cry because they are so beautiful to me ..
i miss my dad everyday (dads still with me but far away)
i work very hard in my day ..and have all my life but if i had the chance ..i wouldnt work im happy to laze ..

thankyou for this thread ..its really sent my brain in the right direction ..

This was great, thanks for sharing :)

Samael
July 18th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Cool thread!! Fun. I dunno what to write...hrmmmmm...let's see...

I had a strangely large head when I was baby...LOL...but I grew into it. I think.

When I was a kid, maybe between 10-14 I made my own comics, featuring a character called King Croc. They were kind of quirky, funny and most people seemed to love them, my school teachers loved reading them. I still have a few of them stuffed in a drawer.

This is cool, you must be very creative...:)

I honestly don't have a clue who I am anymore...it's like there's no one there sometimes. I don't mean that in a bad way though...

I can very much relate

Samael
July 18th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Here are a few more...

My favorite childhood toys were Transformers T-Rex and a plush squid which I liked to paint with my water colors from time to time :D

Sometimes, in McDonalds, I buy french-fries and plane vanilla ice cream which I use a a dip :D My secret shame :(

Jordan
July 19th, 2010, 08:56 AM
I cry aways from Peter Pan Story, I find it's the saddest fairy tale from my childhood.
Coffee and chocolate is my addictions...ok ok I confess shoes as well...:diablo
Swimming and near water calms me and relax from every grief or confusion.
I confess... I've seen Indiana Johns million times...:laugh:
...and oh yes Lorri bugs makes me nervous, crazy, insane.....mad...etc

Narnia
July 19th, 2010, 09:45 AM
When I was kid I loved to wear stripped T-shirts ...

Since the age 14, I have always wanted a 1993 Range Rover Navy Blue with tinted windows ...

Had a space between my front teeth as a kid and during my teen years, so when it came to smiling for photos, I never showed my teeth and often mumbled (which I still do sometimes) ... then at 15 got braces and at 16 learned how to smile with straight teeth ... and I still wear my retainer from time to time! :D

Always get teary eyed or even cry when I listen to Enigma's Prism of Life .... it never fails .... I find it to be so beautiful!!

My favourite kid-hood toys were Brio and Legos ....

I used to draw Medival women all the time when I was a teenager ....

I have been part of an on-going study since the age of 14 ... 'The Female Adolescent Study' ... a study conducted out of the University of Pittsburgh. The study does a follow up every 5 years during the female's adult life.

Mr. Brightside
July 19th, 2010, 02:16 PM
I hate untidyness, I hate seeing people throwing litter especially cans on the sidewalk

I would love to live right next to the sea, I dont live far from it but would love to wake up and look out at the ocean. I would would also love to live somewhere were the stars were not obscured by light pollution.

the biggest thing that can stir my emotions and influence how I feel is music.

I used to write poetry from a very young age and once had to stand up in front of hundreds of people and read one out that I had composed.

When I was a child and moved about from childrens home to various other places the story/movie that I most related to was Oliver Twist, The victorian regime was not as bad but the emotions he felt and people he meets along the way in the story were similar, I was very quiet until I met modern day Dodgers and Fagans.

Going back to Helena Bonham Carter the first time I ever saw her act was in Dancing Queen, a short movie set near me in Scarbrough back in the late 80s or early 90s. This is a clip of it. Its rare to see Rik mayall in a serius role for a change.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG8_Lbrknz8

Jester Black
July 19th, 2010, 04:30 PM
I am fully trained in medieval martial arts and was a champion swordsman in my 20s and can wield dual broadswords expertly

I am also a champion marksman

Ive been singing and playing to terminally ill children every tuesday for over 20 years

I used to climb and sit atop the Brooklyn tower of the Williamsburgh Bridge in my teens to get away from the chaos of the streets

I once gave the shoes off my feet to a homeless person

I have delivered 3 babies in my life

Mr. Brightside
July 19th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Ive been singing and playing to terminally ill children every tuesday for over 20 years

wonderful, well done Jay, I am sure all the poorly children you have played to over the years have appreciated it.

Jester Black
July 19th, 2010, 08:08 PM
wonderful, well done Jay, I am sure all the poorly children you have played to over the years have appreciated it.

Thanks Sean, but its really no big deal. Im a Hospitaller. Its the kind of thing we do. We care for the ill.

Almost forgot. Im one of a the last vestiges of the arawakeen language (a native american tongue), which I speak and write fluently.

God's Toy
July 19th, 2010, 09:14 PM
My name is Peter and I like the Vengaboys.

Come on, SING! :dance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zbi0XmGtMw :hyper2:

Samael
July 19th, 2010, 11:27 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zbi0XmGtMw :hyper2:

Shock ! :D

Samael
July 20th, 2010, 01:08 AM
When I was a kid, I remember me going with school (kindergarten, I think its called preschool) on a trip in nature.. First night we heard some shots and we got scared.. Our teacher told us that it was bears singing and playing and that sometimes they get loud.. Truth was, which I found out years after was that it was a war time and soldiers fighting were very close, no one had idea that it would be that close.. Next day we returned home.. Its very intense to think of it now.. Next day we returned home...
Year later, it was July, our kindergarten teacher told us that we should go to basement and sing songs so we would call Santa Clause.. Years after I found out that we were actually hidden for possible bombing air strike

Few years after that, I was with my mom visiting some family which lived near seaside at the time.. We were also very close to war zone, but this time I WAS TOLD THIS.. I think those were worst few days of my life, but don't get me wrong I was raised during all sort of wars and political turmoils, not having them is actually a strange feeling, but being at the very spot was very different..

So, I sometime overcompensate with comedy and jokes, but in fact I'm extremely serious person and I hate holidays, because every holiday reminds me of something bad happening, someone being killed some were, stories I was told...

I know, so emo rite ?

Logio
July 20th, 2010, 02:37 AM
I am working on my B.S. in mathematics

I love rocks.

I have an obsession with second-hand book stores.

I have an obsession with listening to audio books.

I am a Marshall at my Masonic Lodge.

Narnia
July 20th, 2010, 02:48 AM
I love rocks.

I love rocks too Nathan!! I miss my walks along East Beach, Watch Hill in Westerly RI during the icky and crappy winter months, collecting rocks .... :)

Lion Spirit Walker
July 20th, 2010, 03:54 AM
For myself it's fossils. They can be found anywhere around this area I live.
I've always been fascinated with dinosaurs. I call Psy, my cockatoo my 'avian dinosaur'.
lol. I've been tempted more than once to initiate a thread on dinosaurs. LOL.

Mr. Brightside
July 20th, 2010, 03:45 PM

dont worry Peter, Im sure there must be a cure ;)

When I was a kid, I remember me going with school (kindergarten, I think its called preschool) on a trip in nature.. First night we heard some shots and we got scared.. Our teacher told us that it was bears singing and playing and that sometimes they get loud.. Truth was, which I found out years after was that it was a war time and soldiers fighting were very close, no one had idea that it would be that close.. Next day we returned home.. Its very intense to think of it now.. Next day we returned home...
Year later, it was July, our kindergarten teacher told us that we should go to basement and sing songs so we would call Santa Clause.. Years after I found out that we were actually hidden for possible bombing air strike

Few years after that, I was with my mom visiting some family which lived near seaside at the time.. We were also very close to war zone, but this time I WAS TOLD THIS.. I think those were worst few days of my life, but don't get me wrong I was raised during all sort of wars and political turmoils, not having them is actually a strange feeling, but being at the very spot was very different..

So, I sometime overcompensate with comedy and jokes, but in fact I'm extremely serious person and I hate holidays, because every holiday reminds me of something bad happening, someone being killed some were, stories I was told...

I know, so emo rite ?

wow scary stuff Sam, something I hope I never have to do

As for Rocks, I went Holy Island recently and my girfriend who is into collecting strange pebbles and rocks comes up to me and says she has found a rock that is definative of Holy Island, So intrigued i asked her to show me it, and yep you guessed it, It was a rock full of holes :wacko1:

Going into old book stores is like taking a trip through time, some in this country i have been in look like they have not changed since the 18th century

Samael
July 20th, 2010, 09:34 PM
I've always been fascinated with dinosaurs. I call Psy, my cockatoo my 'avian dinosaur'.

I think sow on TV few days ago that there would be an auction of fossils somewhere in New York.. Prices are from 30k, but they are GREAT I think..

Narnia
July 20th, 2010, 11:59 PM

There is a store nearby me, called Nature's Art here in CT, that has a piece of petrified tree for sell .... I think they're asking $16,000.00 for it or maybe more, but can you imagine casaully walking up to the sales associate and saying ... 'Yes, I'd like to buy that piece of petrified tree and I was wondering, do you guys deliver?' :D

Rana
July 25th, 2010, 09:08 AM
im loving this thread you have all sparked old memories in me ..lets see .. mum said i was about 3 years old and i cried my eyes out watching the ugly duckling because i only could watch the beginning of it ..so never got to see him become the swan ..awww ..i too love rocks guys! especially plain odd shaped ones .. and ..i also happen to like the vengabus! matt used to have an oldschool kingswood wagon called the vengabus ..i also liked that song "im blue " is it harrrhhh ..

tonytonytone
July 25th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Hmmm....interesting thread.
Well...here's some uncommonly known facts about me.
I was madly in love with one of my teachers in High School...(Or was it lust...never been able to figure that out)
I have bad eyes!
I really hate wearing glasses even though I have to sometimes.
If my phone were a person (a man preferably hehe) I'd marry him.
I don't trust easy. Got my heart broken a few too many times.
I'm single (For some reason, no body believes that!!!)
(This is a fact I didn't know about me until recently) I have this look I give people that is so flirtatious yet I never know when I'm doing it.
I am completely and utterly terrified of moths.
I want to have a child someday.
I have no idea what i'm going to say to my dad if I ever see him again.
I'm a hopeless romantic.
Whenever I can...I volunteer at a children's home for disabled children. (You will not believe the life the little guys go through over here)
I love to sing...I can't sing to save my life.
I cry at movies...usually at the scenes no one would expect anyone to cry. lol

I'm sure I'll find some other things to say here...

Jordan
July 25th, 2010, 06:48 PM
I love rocks too Nathan!! I miss my walks along East Beach, Watch Hill in Westerly RI during the icky and crappy winter months, collecting rocks .... :)

....Im collecting rocks too..from every place I visited bring one...ok...not one...many

Logio
July 26th, 2010, 03:01 AM
I'm left handed.

BlueStar
July 26th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Really enjoying reading people's insights and confessions :)

Narnia
July 26th, 2010, 12:26 PM
I'm left handed.

You lnow ... for some reason this doesn't surprise me.

In the days before I was shipped off and subjected to Catholic school ... I too, was left handed.

Mr B
July 26th, 2010, 01:08 PM
When i was younger i was a fan of Modern Talking....... and got all the albums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyY_X8P_8kc

Still listen to them from time to time.

Now it's official.... I'M NUTS!!!

God's Toy
July 26th, 2010, 01:28 PM
I'm left handed.

As am I.

Kiran
July 26th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Cool reading about all you guys...hmm...some more thoughts/memories....

- Used to hate the dark...was always afraid of it til only a couple of years ago. Still not comfortable in complete pitch black darkness though.
- Always love snuggling and cuddles...I am addicted to cuddles and Hannah (7 yr old grand daughter gives THE best hugs!!)
- Hated being alone always growing up and now I sometimes get annoyed with too much company...lol go figure huh??!! Love getting my own space now.
- If I had the guts, privacy and warmer weather...I would love to go skinny dipping!! :girl_blush2 :biglaugh.2::biglaugh.2
- Seriously pet peeve!!! I hate sitting in the car and someone is picking their nose right in front of me knowing I can see them!! So gross!!! :vmad:

Narnia
July 26th, 2010, 03:13 PM
I have a scar on my upper lip.

Have had it since I was 6 or so months old ... My Dad (whom was very tall), was holding me at the time, apparently I was being very fussy in his arms that I fell face down on the gravel ... and resulted in having a small scar on my upper lip. My poor Dad, always felt so bad for that happening to me .... but it's fine with me .... anyhoo, guys seem to dig the fact that I have a subtle scar. :)

Lion Spirit Walker
July 27th, 2010, 12:00 AM
[Ouch...]

Narnia
July 27th, 2010, 12:16 AM
[Ouch...]

HA!! Funny, seeing that I was only so many months old at the time I have no recollection of any of it ie; the pain, the blood, the upset look on my Dad's face or the sound of me hitting the gravel .... :D

Lion Spirit Walker
July 27th, 2010, 11:49 PM
Staying with the topic of youth aquired scars... When I was 4 yrs old, I was in the kitchen with my mother who was baking. I climbed up onto a chair that was at a table, closest to the window so I could see outside. I remember the chair tipping toward the window, but nothing after that. I had fallen onto the window sill, splitting my right eye brow open. The scar is still with me and hair doesn't grow in that area. Fortunately, the hair of my eye brow grows all around it. So unless your right up in my face it's not noticable.
But, I find it a little odd that I vividly recall everything up to tipping backward in the chair. But nothing else.

:wacko1:

Mr. Brightside
July 28th, 2010, 12:02 AM
Ouch indeed,Continuing the theme of horrific childhood injuries, When I was a kid I road through a gap in a wire fence (that had been torn down) however I did not see the 2 strands of barb wire still hanging across were the fence was and one caught my eyelid and pulled me off the bike, It must have been millimetres from my eye, I stumbled around and pulled up a lady who was walking in front of me, My face was covered in blood, she nearly had an heart attack when she turned around and saw me. I have a scar across my eyelid that makes it droop slightly further down than the other.

Mr. Brightside
July 28th, 2010, 12:11 AM
Casablanca is one of my favorite movies

http://www.otrastardes.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Casablanca.jpg

Lion Spirit Walker
July 28th, 2010, 12:39 AM
Ouch indeed,Continuing the theme of horrific childhood injuries, When I was a kid I road through a gap in a wire fence (that had been torn down) however I did not see the 2 strands of barb wire still hanging across were the fence was and one caught my eyelid and pulled me off the bike, It must have been millimetres from my eye, I stumbled around and pulled up a lady who was walking in front of me, My face was covered in blood, she nearly had an heart attack when she turned around and saw me. I have a scar across my eyelid that makes it droop slightly further down than the other.
Serious Ouch. And you had to remember all of it. Ouch....
And your favorite movie... The man is a romantic at heart. ;)

Narnia
July 28th, 2010, 02:34 AM
Ou-wha ... indeed Sean! Yep, you'll have droopy eye for the rest of your life alright ... sounds like that wire cut your muscle ....

"Here's looking at you kid ... " :)

And continuing on with the childhood trials and tribulations stories .... 9 was a terrible age for me .... had so many bad things happen to me one after another .... so, there I am. my 9 year old silly self one beautiful summer day, riding my bike as fast as I could up our one way street (Wallingford St, was the name of street where I grew up ) ... anyhoo, in my 9 year old cleverness I thought if I put my head down I'll gain more speed (now I know this is seriously bad form for a cyclist, always keep your head up) .... so, in the feverish moment I checked my position in the street which was just the right of being in the middle ............. well, needless to say with my head down and going fast ... I ran into a parked car and gave myself a fat upper lip .... my lord, yep, I ran into a parked car ... and then a neighbor came rushing out to see if I was ok ... I shrugged it off as if it was nothing and hobbled back home ... one drieway away ... oh and did I mention I never were helmets ... in my mind at the time I was too good of a cyclist to wear a helmet ... now I wear it anytime I get on my bike!

Geez, I was one for having accidents with my bike(s) .... amazing that I still love riding my bike and that I can think straight (more-or-less) .... :D