PDA

View Full Version : The Art of Peace.

Narnia
July 3rd, 2010, 02:08 AM
... The Art of Peace ...

We are all familiar with the ancient text .... 'The Art of War'.
"'The Art of War' is one of the oldest and most successful books on military strategy."
But we are not so familiar with the 'The Art of Peace'.
Which leads me to wonder why isn't 'The Art of Peace' one of the most successful books for mankind,
when it is 'Peace' that we are seeking and striving for on a daily basis.

I am creating this thread because I am curious to know what your thoughts, ideas and beliefs are on 'The Art of Peace'.
What are the fundamental elements that you believe and or feel,
that go into making successful peace keeping without the use of warfare?

TheNavigator
July 3rd, 2010, 07:30 PM
(((Narnia)))

You know I never actually asked the question this way but it really brought up some interesting thoughts on the subject.

As I looked around and wondered at why we constantly preach peace but seem more prone to and drawn to war I really started to see some issues around this and some of what I am perceiving as the whys.

It seems that we as a human species are less likely to practice peaceful idea's then war like ideas as it would require us all to overcome our fears, face our inner person and live a life of discipline where we are constantly checking our instinctual and learned emotional responses to situations.

I honestly don't know of anyone, including those that live a day to day life in a very disciplined manner, such as Buddhist monks, that don't face moments of anger and warlike thoughts and while they are able to overcome them and find that inner balance rather quickly it really show's me just how ingrained war behavior and reaction is in us all.

Looking at the belief systems of the world I see in two of the largest ones that in many ways promote war like behavior and the idea that we are at war with evil...so when we come to them with the idea of peace in a real way...we are offering them a completely opposing belief system, so it is less likely they will jump on board with that one.

Also I looked at the thrill and excitement and power that is created in our feelings when we win a war, or concur the enemy, it is again much more of a desirable feeling to peaceful balance in the short term, and while many of us understand and have enjoyed the balance when we are able to achieve it...more people are not so convinced.

Those are some of the reasons I see as being viable as to why we are more prone to look at the art of war vrs the art of peace.

Love/Peace/Joy

Shannon

brother
July 4th, 2010, 05:44 AM
All things have purpose and are given meaning in their existence, to live with out war would mean our total understanding of war, why it is with in and with out. The deepening journey of understanding unravels our meaning of the environment around us and our meaning of self. When we move to its core we'll find that we dont need to eliminate war or create peace, I believe we'll find all that is needed is simply to BE.

Rana
July 4th, 2010, 03:28 PM
..for me i think it shows where the universe is it its karmic process .. many are still entwined within their minds ..their ego and their physical worlds .. and yes as said all sadly necessary in order to clear the slate ..one fine day the art of peace and all th epositive aspects will occupy the cosmic book shelves huh .and in the archives will be the history of hate and negativity ..just as a reminder of all we have learnt xxx i love how your mind works polly

Lion Spirit Walker
July 11th, 2010, 10:10 AM
And dear Polly, may I ask what are your thoughts???

Narnia
July 11th, 2010, 01:10 PM
And dear Polly, may I ask what are your thoughts???

And, you may ask my dear friend ... :)

The first step in achieving Peace starts with the individual ....

One must be able to recognise one's own 'Ego', malt away the shell of the 'Ego' and then release it from one's Self completely ...

And Peace will abound ...

But, the first step is always the most difficult to take ...

Lion Spirit Walker
July 12th, 2010, 04:10 AM
It is indeed dearest Narnia. And yet the need to dispell the effects of the ego are so simply expressed that even the most ignorant can understand it. lol. And as you so accurately expressed it is the most challenging thing for us to accomplish.
With my sincere gratitude, I hold your words of wisdom in my heart. Tyvm.
And transcend the constraints of the physical without releasing the physical... LOL. The Universe creates very interesting puzzles for our species to grow.
The Yin/Yeng. ;)
What remains is harmonic balance.
Very cool and wise my dearest Narnia.