PDA

View Full Version : Living Magically

Kiran
November 3rd, 2008, 09:46 AM
Do you believe in magic? What is your definition of magic? A magician at a children’s party…a charlatan conning the people of the old Wild West with their potions and cure-alls?
Did you know it was possible to see REAL magic…to experience it in your everyday life? Well, I’ll tell you a secret. It is!

How do we find magic or experience it for ourselves? It is very easy. We close our eyes and use our imaginations. That may sound very simplistic to you but you can do it for real. Most people know about creative visualization and have practiced it in their daily lives. Maybe the time when you wished you could get to the bank before it closes and all of a sudden the road and traffic clears, you find that parking space and there are no queues. A miracle? A coincidence? Not really, you asked for it to happen, therefore it did.
How many times have you thought about someone only for them to call you on the telephone or drop you a line in a letter? See, I said it could be that simple. A very dear friend calls these types of thing 'kwinky dinks'.

There is a line of thought that if we were created in God’s image then we must also therefore be co-creators. How can we create anything you may ask? By wishing for it. I remember my parents saying to us as kids “Be careful what you ask for as you just might get it”. Can you remember hearing that as a child or,”Don’t pull that face because you may stay like it”? I know I do.

You see there is a way we can create what we want. There is a theory that we are all part of a ‘collective conscious’ and as such have access to all the knowledge and information we could possibly need. To take this thought to another step…if we are all part of this consciousness, wouldn’t it be reasonable to think that our ancestors then would also be part of this too? Therefore if this were the case, we would have access to all manner of knowledge and tools to live, and I mean really live, to heal ourselves and this world, in fact to become and achieve anything we want to!

So what holds us back? What stops us achieving our full potential? We do. Our fears, our old habits, our old belief systems. How do these hold us back? Simple. We get into our little hidey-hole which is safe and cozy and sometimes not the best place to be but its familiar territory. We feel safer there with all its faults than being outside in the open and the fresh air and the magic. So what can we do about it?

We can decide to try to get out into the light, the sunshine, the open. Yes, of course it’s scary, especially when we have confined ourselves into such a small place and all our things (emotions etc) fit neatly into all the nooks and crannies but now we have to see the open space, the potential. That is scary. Deciding what to do with all that potential while remaining true to who we are and our path is frightening but its amazing what you can achieve.
All it takes is one little tiny step at a time. You don't see baby animals run before they can walk...well, neither can we.

How many of you have had these 'kwinky-dinks' take place and made you think twice about what is going on and what you can do about it?

In love and Light

Rana
November 5th, 2008, 10:44 AM
oh yes yes yes ..magic we all are .. some havent seen yet the magic that makes the plant grow the flower budd open the tides change the seasons evolve ,but we know it is there ..and that yes we are created in the image of the universal power ..we are all one with it ..all from one cell one spark one atom ..one universal brain ..with the magic to connect ..to create ..to bring peace and harmony to this planet at this time .. to create your small world that will inspire others to do the same ..to be the stone thrown by God into the water ..sending ripples outward ..

Kiran
November 5th, 2008, 10:50 AM
oh yes yes yes ..magic we all are .. some havent seen yet the magic that makes the plant grow the flower budd open the tides change the seasons evolve ,but we know it is there ..and that yes we are created in the image of the universal power ..we are all one with it ..all from one cell one spark one atom ..one universal brain ..with the magic to connect ..to create ..to bring peace and harmony to this planet at this time .. to create your small world that will inspire others to do the same ..to be the stone thrown by God into the water ..sending ripples outward ..

Oh Rana...I couldn't have put that better myself!! I have seen that magic for myself, experienced it, been part of it, at one with it!

Rana
November 5th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Lorri you have the wonderful "magic" that can be "felt" even through the computer ..i feel it here .. that is the gift of healing ..when we are in tune with our true selves ..connected to the natural world as one ..like the power/magic that guides the flock of birds to "know" where to fly miles upon miles to migrate ..healing flies along those lines also ..i feel you ..(BIG SMILE BIG HUGS)

Kiran
November 5th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Thanks for your kind words and all I can say is ditto! :Hbounce

SoulChild
November 6th, 2008, 06:00 PM
I do believe that there can be spells cast, and certain magic I guess. I am not sure if I have ever experienced anything myself. I was always told that if you believe it, and fear it, then someone can cast a spell on you. I feel that we are already under a certain hypnotic spell that is induced by the media, the English language, and just certain things we were taught from birth. But, I was always told that if you believe that someone can cast a spell on you, then they can, and if you don't believe, then they can't. So, I believe, yet, I don't believe...so, it won't happen to me...LOL

planetlove
November 6th, 2008, 07:01 PM
magic=the devine intelligence that IS us......
its everywhere
we are magic
everything is magic
there is nothing else out here but magic

LIFE FORCE
REIKI
CHI
PRANA

v

Kiran
November 7th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Soulchild...you are part of it everyday my friend...life is the greatest magic of all and all her wonders! Nature, the laughter of a child, bird song...these are all part of the magic we all interact with on a daily basis. :)

V...you summed that up nicely :)

You are right though soulchild in that people can 'wish ill' of another and yes, this can directly affect someone. There are people out there that can suck on your energy and completely drain you and then there are others you will meet that will be like a breath of fresh air.
We all need to learn to distiguish between these and to learn to protect ourselves.
I have known people who can drain the very life force from you and you may not even be aware they are doing it.
Have you ever met someone or known someone who when you have talked with them, leave you feeling drained completely while they head off feeling great?
Thats what I am talking about and quite often, the other person may not realise what they are doing. We have to learn to close off from this kind of energy to keep ourselves healthy.

Jester Black
November 10th, 2008, 07:41 PM
This is from my personal blog. I wrote this some time ago and I think posted it on the EMB at one point.

Is there such a thing as magic? No, there's not... Nor do I believe in the supernatural...at least not in the way most people see it.

I do believe that certain people have the ability to do things that appear to be out of the norm, and in fact, given our definition of the norm, it is. I also believe that some of the things that people claim to see are, in fact, real. In fact, I know this to be the case since I'm one of those rare people. But I dont think they are magical or supernatural, but are in fact part of a natural order we cant easily see, feel, taste or touch. I also think that human beings have the capability to harness naturally existing energies that are beyond the scope of our "normal" senses. In other words, we have senses we are not aware of and its when we tap into that and stuff happens that we believe weve entered a supernatural realm. I dont think its supernatural at all. In fact, by tagging these things as magical or supernatural, we have distorted their view and removed them from the natural order and thus open them to suspicion and condemnation.

Its no secret that humans do not use the vast majority of their mental capacity. From an evolutionary perspective that would be highly inefficient and therefore makes no sense. Why have such a large sensory and control organ if youre not supposed to use it, particularly if that organ is highly vulnerable to injury, as is the brain? Evolution doesnt traditionally work that way, more often containing vulnerabilities in smallness. Smallness is much less susceptible to injury.

So why the big brain? We measure brain activity through electromagnetism, reading the brain making neuroconnections as it responds to its environment and "learns". Well thats what we "know". But what dont we know? Is the brain functioning on an alternate "current" that we havent discovered, one that gives us mental capabilities we havent learned to harness? I know for a fact that there are people in this world who can "sense" things they shouldnt be able to sense...inter-relationships between physical and invisible matter that are clearly outside the normal senses. The results of that can appear to be magical, but I think they are natural occurrences of the developing human mind. Sort of along the same lines as animals sensing danger and reacting well ahead of a natural disaster. One of the most uncanny facts regarding the 2004 tsunami is that there is not one single case of an animal perishing as a result of the disaster. They turned tail and headed inland long before it happened....they "knew". Theres a theory that animals are able to do this by sensing changes the Earth's magnetic field, something that is clearly beyond the so-called normal senses. But that wouldnt be supernatural or magical, would it? No, it would just be another sense we werent aware of and thus natural.

Furthermore, its pretty obvious that humans are recycling learning, passing on lessons from generation to generation. Most of them through the parent teaching their young, but more and more at the cellular level creating instinctive reactions to certain conditions. This is a natural progression of the evolutionary force and not necessarily measurable through the brains wiring as we know it now. I personally believe that within every cell lies the complete history of the cosmos and that over time certain "lessons" are passed into the "physical stew" of a species, moving evolution along on its ceaseless path. Now, stop and think about that for a moment and imagine what you would have if someone was born with the capacity to actually sense and harness that cosmic history in its entirety and all the physical laws that made it possible. What would you have? What would this person be capable of? Maybe we already know. Maybe its already happened and maybe its already changed our world.

But it isnt magic.....but rather a natural occurrence we don't understand on our present evolutionary plane.

Kiran
November 11th, 2008, 08:40 AM
But isn't that a kind of magic Jester??? ;)

The laughter of a small child, creating music or art, the most beautiful panaorama you have ever feated your eyes upon? Are these not magical?

Just a word and different definitions by it....just teasing you...sorry :)

I love the way you summed that up and its only words that change what you said to what I'd say....

I always value your perspective on things Jester :)

HUGS

Jester Black
November 11th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Yes Lorri, its just the words that change. The essence of the blog is that the things we call magic are normal manifestations of our world. But Im strictly talking about what people consider "unnatural"

That being said, hoewever, "the laughter of a small child, creating music or art, the most beautiful panaorama you have ever feated your eyes upon?" Yes, those things are truly magical
:drinks