PDA

View Full Version : Abide as the Self - Ramana Maharshi

BlueStar
June 13th, 2010, 03:44 PM
I absolutely loved this documentary about Ramana Maharshi, who was one of the most remarkable self-realised sages of the 20th century. Whether you've never heard of him before, or know a little bit, this film is truly worth watching - I found it greatly enjoyable, uplifting, enlightening and of very high energy. It talks a little about Ramana's famous method of 'self enquiry' as a means to realising one's true nature, which is rooted in meditation on question 'who am I?'. I loved this so much and thought I had to share it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6865032740128202927

External link: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6865032740128202927#

The official blurb:

Abide As the Self is a transforming video that takes you on an inner journey into the teachings of Ramana Maharshi and the path of Self-knowledge. Comprehensive film footage of Ramana comes alive, with emphasis on the teachings of Self-Inquiry and its practical application. A special collection of rare photographs enhances Ramana's presence and captures the compassion and grace of one of the most respected sages of our time.

The inspired narration by Ram Dass provides an overview of Ramana's teachings. Also included are interviews with H.W.L. Poonja, Douglas Harding, Allan W. Anderson, and others. In Abide As the Self, you will experience how the profound teachings of Ramana Maharshi can be easily applied in our daily life. This is a deeply inspiring video in which the sage Ramana speaks directly to your heart.

"Abide As the Self skillfully interweaves old and new still photographs, excerpts from Ramana's writings, interviews with longtime devotees, narration by Ram Dass, and, not least, rare and precious footage of Ramana from 1935 to 1949. Highly recommended." Yoga Journal

"The presence of the great Indian sage Ramana Maharshi, his clear approach to Self-Realization, and the teachings of Self-Inquiry are beautifully presented. Interviews and exceptional film footage of Ramana Maharshi make this video an inspiring and transforming experience." New Renaissance Bookshop

"The video concludes with the encouraging words of Ram Dass, who tells us that Maharshi's message is not Indian but universal: the peace that illuminates the heart and mind is always present. Anyone curious about this aspect of Eastern spirituality will find this informative and interesting video worthwhile and surprisingly accessible to general viewers. Recommended." Video Librarian

"Bhagavan was always silent, that is everyone's true nature . . . In this quietness the mind will automatically return to its source and there will be a tremendous fountain of peace. All doubts are cleared and one remains quiet, in the heart." H.W.L. Poonja

Rana
June 18th, 2010, 07:21 AM
thankyou ! this is very insigh filled stuff ..just touches me in the right way and where needed right now ! ..

BlueStar
June 18th, 2010, 06:29 PM
Glad you enjoyed it Rana, I found it washed over me like a healing balm. I've known of Ramana for years and find his simplicity so remarkable and beautiful. His eyes shine with a radiant light...truly someone who had reached that transcendent state and allowed it to shine into this world. Inspiring :)

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j236/amoyan/ramana-maharshi.jpg