PDA

View Full Version : Plan for a MW members Date and Poll.

inutero
May 11th, 2010, 03:27 AM
Hello Everyone,

I know this has come up before and maybe one day it will come to light. But I was thinking how cool it would be if we could just all agree on a date, place, and time to meet up for a weekend or something. I was thinking sometime spring of next year. That would give us time to prepare, plan, and save. Plus I just thing spring is the most awesome season. Everything is fresh and renewed. Somewhere here in the states to start off with and maybe do something international later on. I think it would be great to meet as many of us members as possible. Time is passing us by and if we make a little effort maybe we can actually do this. What do you all think?!?

Lion Spirit Walker
May 11th, 2010, 03:31 AM
I love this. It's a wonderful idea. Count me in. :)

BlueStar
May 11th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Now that would be a dream come true :) Alas, I don't think a trip to the states is affordable or feasible for me at the moment, but I guess a lot can change in a year. So i am open to all possibilities. Whether I make it or not, I hope you guys manage to sort something out.

Narnia
May 11th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Love, love LOVE this idea!! :)

As most of you know I would love to do a Let's Meet trip!! If there is a will ... there is a way!! Let's plan on it ... we owe to yourselves, me thinks!! :)

little bird
May 11th, 2010, 05:33 PM
well we're currently planning a trip to the US for my brothers wedding which is 2 years away. Not sure we could afford another trip that far in between but if there was a MW meetup in Europe we might just be able to stretch to it.

Kiran
May 11th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Would be a cool idea :)

SoulChild
May 12th, 2010, 03:37 PM
As always, I vote NY or FL or TX...but, NY I can definitely be there! I really would love to see you guys one day...it would be so much fun!!!

inutero
May 17th, 2010, 05:23 AM
So where and when? What are your ideas?

Lion Spirit Walker
May 17th, 2010, 05:27 AM
Let's consider someplace Mysterious. And during a full moon phase. ;)

inutero
May 20th, 2010, 06:30 AM
I like Michael. Where could that mysterious place be?

Mr. Brightside
May 20th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Let's consider someplace Mysterious. And during a full moon phase. ;)

I knew it, Michael is a Werewolf, he is trying to get you all in the same place on a full moon. dont do it lol

http://werewolf-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/howl-of-the-werewolf-by-martin-mckenna.jpg

Narnia
May 20th, 2010, 12:57 PM
I knew it, Michael is a werewolf, he is trying to get you all in the same place on a full moon. Dont do it lol

http://werewolf-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/howl-of-the-werewolf-by-martin-mckenna.jpg

Ha-Ha!!! :biglaugh.2:

Persoanlly - I would love to go to Europe - especially knowing that I would be meeting some of my dearest friends there ... and I wouldn't be going just as 'tourist'!!

I vote for an English speaking country ... make it easy for travelling for everyone! :)

So, either Ireland (MW's birthplace - I might add), England, Scotland, Wales ... or even the Isle of Man! :)

Samael
May 20th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Nice idea, sure would be cool, but practically.. With the schedules and life stuff... But idea is great, I am planing to visit NYC some day and it would be nice to see a few people... I'm going to Prague this august...

Narnia
May 20th, 2010, 11:24 PM
Bethaseda Fountain - Angels of Water
Central Park - N.Y.C.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3280/2975723554_66cc8d0c58.jpg

Late May early June 2011 or 2012.

What do you say?

Narnia
May 20th, 2010, 11:42 PM
Inexpensive Airfares ...

Expedia.com (http://www.expedia.com/daily/home/?semcid=13172-1&eapid=13172-1&kword=airtickets.ZzZz.141183727.0.4497305117.airtickets.airtickets)

cheaptickets.com/ (http://www.cheaptickets.com/App/ViewRoundTripSearch?gclid=CKv2gtTi4aECFYNd5Qod9DjKIw&gcid=S16036x129&keyword=airfares&source=sr&type=k&WT.mc_id=ec100&WT.mc_ev=click&WT.srch=1&DCSext.mc_kw=airfares&ef_id=1590:3:s_9655ed016b8a0f18e31bd2042a0cb561_1397380771:S-W4w9B6MjYAACNdW0MAAAQA:20100520223339)

mobile.travelocity.com/ (http://mobile.travelocity.com/)

Bus Fares ...

greyhound.com (http://www.greyhound.com/home/)

Train Fares ...

amtrak.com (http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Amtrak/HomePage)

Inexpensive Hotels in NYC ....

Inexpensive Hotels in NYC (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=inexpensive+hotels+in+new+york+city&fb=1&gl=us&hq=inexpensive+hotels&hnear=new+york+city&view=text&ei=Arr1S5PJEoGClAfdydm_Cg&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=more-results&resnum=1&ved=0CCwQtQMwAA)

Inexpensive Hostels in NYC ...

Inexpensive Hostels in NYC (http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=hostels+in+new+york+city&aq=f&aqi=g2g-c3g1g-m4&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=a63d824c6065267)

Just food for thought if NYC is the place and date time!?

inutero
June 13th, 2010, 05:50 AM
Hmmmmm....NYC...don't u think it might be too chaotic?

Narnia
June 13th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Hmmmmm....NYC...don't u think it might be too chaotic?

Actually no, I don't think so.

NYC has some famous and easy to find landmarks ... plus ... lets say if we all decide to meet up at 10am. It could be like when an artist drops off their work to a show ... 'receiving time is between 1-4' .... so what I am saying is .... people won't feel pressured or find themselves running late and start to worry ... we could have a show up time of something like .... 'The MW member show up is between 10 and 12 meeting at such and such' .... and then, I think it would make sense, that once everybody is essembled, we make our way to a nearby restuarant that we previously agreed on to have lunch and perhaps a more quiet atmosphere and it would make sense that everybody goes dutch on the bill to make it easy ... and like that .... I think with some good planning it could work out fine ... :)

Battery Park is another easy place to find!

Genesis
July 3rd, 2010, 01:50 PM
Bethaseda Fountain - Angels of Water
Central Park - N.Y.C.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3280/2975723554_66cc8d0c58.jpg

Late May early June 2011 or 2012.

What do you say?

I think this is a great place! Not to mention very economical for me :D

Count me in here.

inutero
August 24th, 2010, 03:48 AM
I'm game for a June 2011 appearance. We must all try to stay in the same place for those that are traveling. That would be cool.

tonytonytone
August 24th, 2010, 06:55 PM
Wow! This sounds really cool...like Rory said...you never know what would happen in a year...Would LOVE to meet you guys!
Next one should be in Kenya... :) We speak English! Hehehe!

Lion Spirit Walker
August 25th, 2010, 03:20 AM
Yes. Yes, Yes. Lollol. Howlllll.

I knew it, Michael is a Werewolf, he is trying to get you all in the same place on a full moon. dont do it lol

Lion Spirit Walker
August 25th, 2010, 03:34 AM
I honestly think New York City is a wonderful choice. Be sure to check out the Metropolitan Museum of Art and MoMA.
I'll have to pass as I have too many memories there of friends lost. Not to mention I don't think I would do well with seeing the world trade center no longer there.
Sorry.

inutero
September 2nd, 2010, 02:25 PM
I honestly think New York City is a wonderful choice. Be sure to check out the Metropolitan Museum of Art and MoMA.
I'll have to pass as I have too many memories there of friends lost. Not to mention I don't think I would do well with seeing the world trade center no longer there.
Sorry.

We can always try to pick another place.

inutero
September 30th, 2010, 05:23 AM
Are we doing this or what?!? The clock is ticking...

Narnia
September 30th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Still need to nail down a place first ... then we can pick a date!

What about Boston!? or Miami!? or Bermuda!? or Dublin? or Ibiza!? ... *he-he*

Lion Spirit Walker
October 3rd, 2010, 03:39 AM
Additional thought.... The 'place factor' plays strongly into who can and cannot attend for various reasons.
Perhaps starting with a list of members who would 'like' to attend a gathering. Then working out the logistics on the 'where' according to the list. Including the 'how' for the members on the list.
Making it more realistic to get as many members as possible to the gathering. After ironing these details out then setting a date.
All this in mind I'll start another post with the first question. ;)

Lion Spirit Walker
October 3rd, 2010, 03:43 AM
Who Would Like To Attend

Simply add your name to this list if you are interested in attending a Members Gathering. We'll figure out the how, where, and when after compiling this list of members who would like to attend such a gathering. Consider it a sort of 'wish list', "Yes, I would like to attend. Not sure if I can or not. But I would enjoy doing so if possible."
Now, if you want to be on the list simply post your name or screen name.

:wink.1:
In addition, I'll initiate a poll as to attempt to get a head count.

Lion Spirit Walker
October 3rd, 2010, 03:52 AM
Michael J. Walker
Lion Spirit Walker
:Boy_yes3:

Lion Spirit Walker
October 3rd, 2010, 04:15 AM
In an effort to get a 'head count' on a possible MW Members Gathering (as noted in the "Plan A Date" thread), please indicate your level of interest by simply choosing 'yes', 'no', or 'maybe'.
If you reply with either a 'yes' or 'maybe', please add your name to this list in the "Plan A Date" thread.
Tyvm.

inutero
October 3rd, 2010, 05:20 AM
Me, Myself, and I

Narnia
October 3rd, 2010, 01:52 PM
Yes! Yes! Yes! And more Yes!!

Absolutely, I would be thrilled, over the moon, tickled pink, chuffed to bits ... to give each and everyone one of you a great big warm fuzzy HUG!! :)

BlueStar
October 3rd, 2010, 02:30 PM
I would love to, but due to financial and health considerations don't see it happening in the near future, but I will be there in spirit most certainly :)

Kiran
October 3rd, 2010, 04:07 PM
Location and finances will be a big consideration but yes, I'd like to try and attend :D

Narnia
October 3rd, 2010, 04:30 PM
I have no doubt that we all face the major hurdle of finances ... I certainly do ....

Anyhoo ... this is something to consider, if and when ... we all decide on one place, we may want to look into a package deal in the motel/hotel/B&B/hostel accomendations of the 'Gathering' ... say if, there are more then 10 of us in the MW Gathering ... I am sure we could get some decent pricing arrangements ... you know, buy 5 get 1 free kind of deal.

Just something to think about! :)

inutero
October 4th, 2010, 01:20 AM
I have no doubt that we all face the major hurdle of finances ... I certainly do ....

Anyhoo ... this is something to consider, if and when ... we all decide on one place, we may want to look into a package deal in the motel/hotel/B&B/hostel accomendations of the 'Gathering' ... say if, there are more then 10 of us in the MW Gathering ... I am sure we could get some decent pricing arrangements ... you know, buy 5 get 1 free kind of deal.

Just something to think about! :)

Definitely like the idea. I mean, we can agree on a date and time...maybe give it about a year or year and a half to save up and go from there. I'm open to all of you guys' ideas.

Rana
October 4th, 2010, 07:20 AM
i need some time to see if i can ..we are almost finished building our house ..hmmm ill see (RAPANUI ?)..EASTER ISLAND would be good they have people there living permanently ..maybe we could apply for a stay ? i dont know ..you guys dont work it in around me ..im not sure but where there is a will ..there is a way ..i would love to see you all !! just depends on many factors ..hmmmm

tonytonytone
October 4th, 2010, 12:12 PM
It's a maybe for me. I'd love to attend...but not in less than a year. Need to save up for it once we decided on the place. Would be lovely seeing all of you...even though I've only known you a short while...You all feel like family!

Lion Spirit Walker
October 4th, 2010, 11:13 PM
Naria, i love your idea of a 'group package deal'.
And A 'Well Done' to everyone. We're actually making progress. Hehe. ;)

Narnia
October 5th, 2010, 12:42 AM
Naria, i love your idea of a 'group package deal'.

Well, it could be more of an enticement to folks who are looking to cut down on the overall cost(s) of things within the trip itself! :)

Glad you like it sweets!!

inutero
November 18th, 2010, 04:04 AM
Well, it could be more of an enticement to folks who are looking to cut down on the overall cost(s) of things within the trip itself! :)

Glad you like it sweets!!

Very Good Idea...

Shalott
June 2nd, 2011, 12:47 PM
I would love to attend a meet but my passport expires in .... ummm...6 days.... :( Plus the baby is not legally old enough to cross the border for another 4 months.

You could always come here! Canada isn't *THAT* cold ;)

Shalott
June 2nd, 2011, 12:57 PM
okay weird it posted twice.... would the powers that be do the honours..... tyvm :)

Narnia
June 2nd, 2011, 01:51 PM
okay weird it posted twice.... would the powers that be do the honours..... tyvm :)

What double post? ... *wink-wink* :D ... (you're welcome)