PDA

View Full Version : Paranormal Psychic Abilities

Lion Spirit Walker
May 6th, 2010, 04:14 AM
Something we All experience from one extent to another. And yet the subject remains in the closet.
My hope is that we may open a discussion surrounding our understandings and experiences. After all it is a real aspect of our being alive.
What specific abilities have you come to realize in your life???
Do you actively engage these abilities, subdue them, or supress them?
Or do you choose not to look???

Lion Spirit Walker
May 6th, 2010, 04:23 AM
One 'ability' I personally experience without control is my awareness of seismic activity.
In the past this awareness has really knock me down and out, and on occassion has made me physically ill.
Over the years I've developed the abilities needed to reduce the impact of such activity on myself. But it remains a very real part of who I am.
lol. The thing which tends to scramble my thoughts most through these experiences is how I sense these events before they occur. But here to I'm adapting.

Kiran
May 6th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Hmm...I guess I have always been an empath. I can walk in a room and know the mood immediately - I can also sense what mood a person is in even though they may not be aware of it. It has confused me often in the past as I couldn't seperate what was mine and what wasn't. It lead to me feeling very confused and very emotional without understanding why growing up. My kids would laugh as I could cry at a cartoon!!!
I am now learning to focus this and seperate it. I am also learning to use it to guage situations and true feelings when working with people. As I am developing this and honing it, I am finding I am sensing bigger stuff now. Outpourings of grief such as disasters like 9-11, Haiti etc, when Princess Diana was killed - these can overwhelm me with the emotions let loose. I am trying to deal with that.
Also growing up as a child, I was always told I had a vivd and weird imagination. Now I realise I got flashes of things but subdued them in the effort to be seen as normal by my peers.
Again, the wisdom of age and experience is now allowing me to let these develop and grow. Also to realise there is no 'normal' - we just are who we are.

Lion Spirit Walker
May 7th, 2010, 04:55 AM
Serious sensory overload... urgh...

Lion Spirit Walker
May 7th, 2010, 05:28 AM
This should really put me on the extreme end of the MW Crazy Stick (lol).
I feel, see, and hear spirits. And no, it's not anything like voices in my head. Hahaha. The experiences occur when I am either ill or when I'm approached. I'm not at all happy about it, it's actually more often than not annoying. But they (these spirits) respect my space and vacate when I express that they should.
I had sought out the advice of a group of midwest paranormal investigators. They're advice to me was how I should become a medium. I thought 'Not.'
Imagine, sitting on the loo/toilet and hearing your dead mother calling your name from three feet away.
While in the hospital last Friday late night (2 AM), I was sitting on the side of my bed having a light snack after having taken some medication (lol. and not psyche meds. lol). The wing I was in was vacant of patients aside from myself. The hall was dark and my room dimly lit, all was quiet. Then I 'felt' multiple 'people' enter my room through the door. Calmly I looked in the direction from where I was ssensing these 'people'. And approximately 6 small (finger tip size) orbs of blue green and yellow were gently floating into my room passed me near my legs. It was amusing to me because the sense I had gotten from them was as if they were small children trying to sneak passed me. I smiled as I watched them approach the foot of my bed. Then I softly said "I see you." LOL. They darted right out of there. hehehe. They flew straight through the wall. It was funny.
Although I've had many 'less amusing' experiences, they're not all bad.
lol. I won't start on the 'shadow people' as some call them. Another time perhaps...

Lion Spirit Walker
May 16th, 2010, 11:35 PM
An ability that I believe we all share to varying degrees is the ability to 'communicate' with other species of Life, both animal and plant life.
I actively engage this ability, and over the years I've become more adept at such 'communications'.
I've found with plant life it is more emotion-feeling. Where as with animal life it is thought-feeling, although both emotion and thought-feeling can and are often engaged.
Have you ever touched a plant and felt an emotional response?
We could go into this at length, but I believe you get the idea.
Go out and hug a tree. It will appreciate it. ;)

Kiran
May 18th, 2010, 07:22 PM
An ability that I believe we all share to varying degrees is the ability to 'communicate' with other species of Life, both animal and plant life.
I actively engage this ability, and over the years I've become more adept at such 'communications'.
I've found with plant life it is more emotion-feeling. Where as with animal life it is thought-feeling, although both emotion and thought-feeling can and are often engaged.
Have you ever touched a plant and felt an emotional response?
We could go into this at length, but I believe you get the idea.
Go out and hug a tree. It will appreciate it. ;)

Oh I agree completely here Michael as you well know ;) Plants truly do respond to emotional stuff...I have often worked on them when they have not been doing well. And yes, I have felt that response :D

Rana
May 31st, 2010, 10:04 AM
i have been very lucky to have not ..not been aware of spirit all my life ..i remember being aware of spirit when i was two years old ..that more than remembering physical things at that age. i have always been a medium ..that is my destiny ..my ego at times interrupted my abilities due to over the years many aspects .. but i am in a different place now and its coming along in the way it should (MY WAY) unaffected ..i am able to connect to my guides and those on the universal councel ..i feel very blessed in this way. i am also able to when right connect to those in spirit i can tell if they have passed over into a higher realm or are still in this realm which helps me help them. i can also tell if they are still in healing.after they have passed this stage can last any amount of time its personal of course as in spirit there is no time.
psychic is the ability to tap into ones aura and "read" that part of them ..chanelling is connecting to ones soul (their higher /realised self) ,their guides, or a loved one in spirit and they choose communicate in the way they are able to or wish to be portrayed ..some thru imagery, some thru song being played to me.or straight up talking.depends on where the soul(in you) is at.i am only the instrument ..which is easier .some think because im a medium and are aware of this connection my life must be one of enlightenment ..but no it is at times the opposite ..being so open makes me weaker at times ..if not more susceptible to suptle energies and affected by major energy shifts universally ..but the best thing is that i have a natural optimism in the future even though many do not ..its inbuilt in me .. i trust ..
for me it is allowing the ego to "float" while in channeling mode ..and not to interpret ..one downfall currently is my strong sense ..i can sense bull**** straight up and recieve alot of messages by way of feelings and emotion sometimes direct messages ..which can be difficult for me when im in ego mode and just dont want to be responsible for it ..of course im a work in constant motion ..my one sureity and reassurance is always that i never have doubted spirit or that i am guided xxxx

Lion Spirit Walker
July 10th, 2010, 06:15 AM
On Tuesday while still in the hospital, I was walking from the coffee shop heading back to my room five floors above. Two women with a therapy dog (a pretty blonde lab mix) began to walk toward me. The dog immediately caught my attention and I asked the women if I might greet 'him'. They said of course, and I approached the dog with my hand extended for the dog to smell out of respect. Once the dog turned it's attention toward me, I immediately apologized to the women and stated that 'she' was a wonderful dog. The two women seemed amazed and began commenting on how I was the only person at the hospital after an entire day to realize the dog was female. After petting the dog while smiling I thanked the women for the opportunity to interact with the dog. They just looked at me with amazement upon their faces. LOL. I also sensed the women were a couple.
When I first held Psy, my companion cockatoo I also immediately sensed her being female. The people at the pet store looked at me as if I wetre a bit out in left field. LOL. Psy was only three weeks at the time, approximately. And for the species of cockatoo that she is, there are absolutely no indications of sex (aside from DNA testing) before sexual maturity at 2 years of age. At 2, the male and female are very different from one another and easily sexed by sight.
Well she's 4 years and a little over 3 months now. LOL. And of course she's female.
You can actually 'see' quite a bit about other living beings simply with a little focus.
:)

Lion Spirit Walker
July 15th, 2010, 12:01 AM
A little off topic...
I find myself wondering if the lack of activity to this thread/forum is a result, at least in part to an uneasiness of sounding egotistical or crazy should someone respond.
And yes, I'm in a mood. Pardon me for being critical.

Lion Spirit Walker
October 13th, 2010, 12:39 AM
Being 'empathic' is more often than not amazing. When you sense the Life in all it's forms all around you, there is truly nothing that compares to it.
And yet there are other times when sensing anger and hostility that being 'empathic' really sucks...

Kiran
October 13th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Being 'empathic' is more often than not amazing. When you sense the Life in all it's forms all around you, there is truly nothing that compares to it.
And yet there are other times when sensing anger and hostility that being 'empathic' really sucks...

I am totally there with you on your statement! Agreed totally!

Lotus Flower
October 21st, 2010, 11:20 PM
Spirits please explain where it comes from only joking.

I am a medium and have had this gift all my life and the spirits that talk to me and for me to pass on message I am ok with it now.

Had a lady that needed healing 2 weeks ago and a man stood beside me and described his funeral and all the arguments with regards to his passing.

1st thing that came across that two undertakers arrived at the hospital(that was correct)
2nd that he did not like the brown shoes his was a runners man(he partner send in brown shoes which he was buried in)
3rd He wore a Dublin Jersey (the night before going to the church his brother but a Dublin Jersey on his chest he did not like shirts and ties.

These are one's that stuck out in my mind and for the wise one's no one knew about these 3 question but this woman and her deceased brother.

So do I believe in spirits and my answer is yes.

Kiran
October 22nd, 2010, 08:16 AM
The reason I have been withdrawn for some time now is the energy that had been present the past few weeks has had me all over the place! Being an empath or Sensitive means you are like a sponge...you pick everything up. Knowing how to let it go again is the key.
As Michael said, it can be a great benefit most times then other times, like recently, it sucks!

Jo...great to see you here with us again my darling :) Thank you for sharing your experience and if you ever feel the need to share anything here, it is a safe space to do so.

Much love and hugs :two hearts::two hearts:

Lion Spirit Walker
October 30th, 2010, 02:56 AM
If anyone were to approach me and say something to the effect that ' psychic abilities don't exist.' I would just have a quiet laugh to myself in the realization of how such a statement would indicate the individual's Self Awareness and ingnorance there of.
In having recently been ill (still recovering), I was reminded of just how much occurs on this of abilities. With the illness,came a bit of absent-mindedness and forgetfulness as has often occurred in the past. And with the decrease of 'linear' thought processes, I experience an increase in psychic awareness.
I 'felt' more of my neighbors anger than I would honestly care to, during their arguements. Even when asleep I would be awakened with this sense of anger.
Psy, my cockatoo and I resort more to psychic interactions and less on vocal interactions.
My 'global sense' increases. As has my sense of those I care about.
I've experienced far too much in my lifetime to believe the misguided notions that would lead some to believe that psychic abilities do not exist.
LOL. Should this come acrossed as gibberish, remember I did say I was still recovering.
Peace and Love to everyone.
:)

Kiran
October 30th, 2010, 08:48 AM
You stated your case perfectly and as far as I am concerned, I agree fully! 'Nuff said! ;)

Lion Spirit Walker
November 2nd, 2010, 01:08 AM
I always find it curious how often and how many people choose to be 'numb' of their senses. It's as if they were to pluck their eyes from their sockets to keep from seeing something.
I know the day will come when this will change. But consider where we are in our development as a species it would seem that psychic abilities would be nurtured and taught, as with the arts, academics, and sports.
Seems a little backward to me. Hmmm.

:wacko1:

Kiran
November 2nd, 2010, 09:26 AM
We can dream and hope dearest......

Lion Spirit Walker
November 6th, 2010, 03:24 AM
Forgive me, but I find it amuzing that not to many people post to this thread.
Hmmm.

Kiran
November 6th, 2010, 10:36 AM
I guess maybe some people are just not ready to open up yet and to allow thier gifts to come to the fore....;)

Lion Spirit Walker
November 7th, 2010, 11:27 PM
I'm having a bit of a chuckle about it now. As I'm certain there is more than just a few here that are aware of at least their basic abilities. Even if they don''t understand them yet. ;)

inspirit
December 3rd, 2010, 08:40 AM
I am empathic, intuitive and clairvoyant. I believe that being empathic is a tough road, but once you learn how to block and control it, it can be very amazing. I used to get very nauseated if I was on the Internet for any length of time, until I realised that I need to shield myself from all the energy that the Internet puts out. Now I have no problem using the internet. I can not only feel others emotions but many times I can actually see a picture or like a short movie of their emotional life. Things like how they interact with others, relationships and such.
I can also pick up on what is going to occur usually with myself or those close to me. I hear my Guides and when I am given information it is rarely wrong. So I do use my gifts to help others, yet find it very hard to use them to help myself, other than listening to my Guides or Higher Self.

Lion Spirit Walker
December 12th, 2010, 12:38 AM
Hello dear Kathryn. :)
I only now caught your post to this thread. Pardon me.
May I ask have you found an effective way of 'blocking' when your asleep?
I ask for the sake of advice as I've had some issues with this myself.
Ty.